Author Topic: LFC SC meet FSG owners - NOW WITH ADDED MEETING REPORT  (Read 24294 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: LFC SC meet FSG owners - NOW WITH ADDED MEETING REPORT
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2015, 06:58:51 pm »
The issue is that they are much less vocal if they can't group together

Simples..

Every home match allocate a block of 100 or so tickets, say for Block 108 in the Kop. A number of the front rows.

Print tickets in advance.

Have a special ticket booth specifically next to the entrance gate. Like gate F1.

2 hours before kickoff, first 100 or so in the queue pay a tenner to get in and must go directly in. You queue with your mates, you sit/stand with your mates.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2015, 07:03:50 pm »
It depends. If it's about a token gesture if a free hundred or a thousand cheap seats for a few lads then it could be done with tiered ticketing prices and either the club taking a relatively small hit financially or corporate tickets costing a bit extra. And the Supporters Committee and Ticketing Group are right to push for that in the short term.

If it's about getting tens of thousands of young vocal supporters into the ground on a regular basis it's only likely to happen with safe standing.

Correct.

1000 tickets, whilst maybe a start, is a drop in the ocean, especially as some are bound to be sold/passed on.

The Elephant in the room is safe standing.
Make the KOP safe standing, re-introduce the boys pen, and even look into making the LC into a safe standing area should the angle be conducive.

Season tickets issued for seating only. Safe standing is either POTG, or by post to members only.
It will be a leap of faith by the owners, but only by offering a hefty % of ticket availability to those willing to walk up will you get the demographic swing most crave.

When I first started going in the '78 season my dad used to get us down the ground for half twelve on a Saturday to make sure we got in. If people want it enough, they'll put the extra work in.
What you can't do, is expect folks to pay 50 notes to get in, and have them stood on Breck rd for 2 hours before the game waiting in line to get in. If the tickets are cheap enough, people will queue. And it'll be locals.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 07:05:47 pm by Lord of Glencoe »
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2015, 07:31:55 pm »
With the call for safe standing and change on a larger scale, we shouldn't lose sight of what is currently achievable. Okay, so 1,000 or 1,500 or 2,000 are small numbers, but they're enough to make a start. Small enough to be logistically manageable (pay on the gate), small enough to be financially viable for the owners, big enough to make a difference. 2,000 young fans could make a racket, especially if pitch-side. The away section regularly proves that. In fact, I'd stick em next to the away section with strict instructions to take the piss on The Kop's behalf :)

By the way, The 92A's post above should be read out to John Henry. Some will read it as scare mongering, but it's absolutely spot on. It IS a defib job. I get the worrying impression from that report that they don't quite get the scale of the problem or don't want to admit it.  But whilst i agree drastic action is needed, I just think start with something achievable. Prove its worth to the owners, then move on from there.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 07:35:55 pm by Red_Mist »

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2015, 07:41:13 pm »
I grew up in the northend of Liverpool and going the match was something from a young age we all did. We went as gangs of mates on the bus together and it was a regular dose of excitement we looked forward to.  It was our wonderfully noisy and colourful playground to grow up in. It was cheap and everyone could afford it. Like our parents we built the culture of Liverpool Football Club, from what we sang to what we wore was our invention, we felt different from the rest of the country and it came out at the match. Growing up in Liverpool could be hard but we triumphed against all those who wanted us to be content with our lot and the match was an expression of that.

As I look around Fazakerley, Walton, Kirkby, Noggsy, Anfield areas I've known all my life, people are on the edge. Struggling to keep their heads above water, feeding themselves and their kids is their priority. The idea that these kids can afford £50 to go the match regularly is taking the piss, maybe a few 'grafters' can pay the extortionate amount but no body else can afford to go regularly.

And so what. Well what we foresaw is happing quickly now, the straw is waiting to break the camels back. The invention, the noise, the humour is dying out quickly, even the dress, Go in any pub around the ground and see us fifty year olds wearing the same adidas trainees they were wearing in the late seventies. By the time we were sixteen with a flick of our wedges we'd pushed out the arl guard, with their boots and Flemos and were ready to take on the world. That process has stopped it's wrapped in aspic like everything else at Anfield. The idea that a few away fans could come to Anfield and take the piss is a shock to my generation but it happens every week now after George fades YNWA and the roof of the Kop start to sing to themselves.

And it's not just the kids being excluded. What about the arl season ticket holders. They remember the arl days and hate the fact that they were hooked as kids and are now paying £50 a game to feed their habit.  And increasingly it comes out in the poisonous atmosphere, a latent anger at a group of millionaires who aren't doing the business we pay so much to see. It's not just anger but growing cynicism and groans ready to turn on the next mistake. With footballers costs tens of millions how do quantify the loss of a patient crowd that would get behind a team and turn losses into draws, draws into victories, worth at least as much as some of the fees you pay for a journeyman footballer.

It's not about locals vs OOT's, we always had an OOT support who were generally welcomed, people who got it, who were attracted to the club precisely because of it's values, that's why I wince when I here the thing posed as Locals vs OOT's,  It's just that a whole generation of kids who's parents invented the thing that is marketed so extensively by the club are totally economically disenfranchised from their club.

Now as one of them parents I'm concerned but the truth is so should the club and everyone else because without them your unique selling point will wither and die, we're seeing it already, I'm not sure it can be revived but without actively doing something radically to remedy it your asset will end up being devalued as it's already embarrassing when you here slogans about the best atmosphere now. Don't be mistaken as to the gravity of the situation you're working on a half dead corpse now and without drastic intervention, it's gone. This is a defib job not just a bit of oxygen to look good. Did I here someone mention safe standing?
Great post that mate and agree with the majority. It`s also good to see some out of towners like Alan X who understand the locals viewpoint of wanting to carry tradition on.

"Every other Saturday" indeed.

This club was supported, built, carried and moulded mainly by the local support and community for many, many years (along with many welcomed oot`s), yet it`s considered wrong by some oot`s to suggest that the club needs more local youth support in the ground.

No one is suggesting that local support is better that non local, the suggestion is that the tradition`s and links to the city are being seriously eroded and it`s just sad and upsetting for many of us.

I hope this issue raised by the SC does have some impact and a solution is found to get more local youth into the ground.

The club is global now with a global fan base, but for me, my kids come first. I want my kids in that ground so I can pass the match going tradition onto my kids that my aul fella passed onto me. Yet I sometimes I find it difficult to get myself in there, let alone me and one of the kids. Why is it wrong for me wanting to pass that tradition onto my kids?

The other issue that does piss me off is the aul scousers who have become stale to the game but still won`t budge and cling onto to their season ticket. Two brothers who are mates of mine got season tickets passed down to them from their aul fella a few years back. I remember sitting in a boozer with them and the dad said he was starting to get on a bit now ( he was mid forties at the time) and knew his lads would bring more passion and energy to the game than he could. I didn't give it much thought at the time but I look back now and just wish more old timers would have that same selfless view of the putting the club before themselves.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2015, 07:55:11 pm »
A little transparency might help with regards to tickets.

How many Season Ticket seats are there?

How many seats are available to fan card members based on loyalty?

How many seats are set aside for official World wide branches?

How many seats are set aside for corporate boxes in the stands?

When one looks at the distribution of tickets, it's possible between season tickets and fan card loyalty, the vast majority of those actual seats used are Local or UK based.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Not A Scouser

• Anny Roader
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2015, 08:14:41 pm »
For those saying 1,000 people won't make a difference, the standard allocation for the away support at Anfield is 2,000 and a lot of the time they make more noise and create more of an atmosphere than the rest of the ground. The same holds true for our away support.  The famous atmosphere at Crystal Palace (rated best in the league) isn't the result of thousands of people but started by one small group in one corner of the ground.

You get the best atmosphere when the away fans and the home fans are responding to each other.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2015, 08:20:12 pm »
I grew up in the northend of Liverpool and going the match was something from a young age we all did. We went as gangs of mates on the bus together and it was a regular dose of excitement we looked forward to.  It was our wonderfully noisy and colourful playground to grow up in. It was cheap and everyone could afford it. Like our parents we built the culture of Liverpool Football Club, from what we sang to what we wore was our invention, we felt different from the rest of the country and it came out at the match. Growing up in Liverpool could be hard but we triumphed against all those who wanted us to be content with our lot and the match was an expression of that.

As I look around Fazakerley, Walton, Kirkby, Noggsy, Anfield areas I've known all my life, people are on the edge. Struggling to keep their heads above water, feeding themselves and their kids is their priority. The idea that these kids can afford £50 to go the match regularly is taking the piss, maybe a few 'grafters' can pay the extortionate amount but no body else can afford to go regularly.

And so what. Well what we foresaw is happing quickly now, the straw is waiting to break the camels back. The invention, the noise, the humour is dying out quickly, even the dress, Go in any pub around the ground and see us fifty year olds wearing the same adidas trainees they were wearing in the late seventies. By the time we were sixteen with a flick of our wedges we'd pushed out the arl guard, with their boots and Flemos and were ready to take on the world. That process has stopped it's wrapped in aspic like everything else at Anfield. The idea that a few away fans could come to Anfield and take the piss is a shock to my generation but it happens every week now after George fades YNWA and the roof of the Kop start to sing to themselves.

And it's not just the kids being excluded. What about the arl season ticket holders. They remember the arl days and hate the fact that they were hooked as kids and are now paying £50 a game to feed their habit.  And increasingly it comes out in the poisonous atmosphere, a latent anger at a group of millionaires who aren't doing the business we pay so much to see. It's not just anger but growing cynicism and groans ready to turn on the next mistake. With footballers costs tens of millions how do quantify the loss of a patient crowd that would get behind a team and turn losses into draws, draws into victories, worth at least as much as some of the fees you pay for a journeyman footballer.

It's not about locals vs OOT's, we always had an OOT support who were generally welcomed, people who got it, who were attracted to the club precisely because of it's values, that's why I wince when I here the thing posed as Locals vs OOT's,  It's just that a whole generation of kids who's parents invented the thing that is marketed so extensively by the club are totally economically disenfranchised from their club.

Now as one of them parents I'm concerned but the truth is so should the club and everyone else because without them your unique selling point will wither and die, we're seeing it already, I'm not sure it can be revived but without actively doing something radically to remedy it your asset will end up being devalued as it's already embarrassing when you here slogans about the best atmosphere now. Don't be mistaken as to the gravity of the situation you're working on a half dead corpse now and without drastic intervention, it's gone. This is a defib job not just a bit of oxygen to look good. Did I here someone mention safe standing?

A great post...with the key to it highlighted
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2015, 08:35:08 pm »
For those saying 1,000 people won't make a difference, the standard allocation for the away support at Anfield is 2,000 and a lot of the time they make more noise and create more of an atmosphere than the rest of the ground. The same holds true for our away support.  The famous atmosphere at Crystal Palace (rated best in the league) isn't the result of thousands of people but started by one small group in one corner of the ground.

You get the best atmosphere when the away fans and the home fans are responding to each other.
1,000 people making noise rubs off on those around and would help with the general apathy in the ground.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2015, 08:49:43 pm »
Hopefully not as it'll be drop in the ocean and the benefits far outweigh the negligible financial cost. I suppose doing so might make the argument stronger though as it'll be, in relative terms, a pittance.

Local kids are indoctrinated in the city yet can't get access to, or afford, a ticket? It's a joke that it has come to this.
Sounds like your opinion.  Not really what I was looking for.  The answer could be found by looking at how many tickets would be discounted, by how much, and then look at how many matches.  Honestly, it doesn't matter much to me if the revenue goes down by a margin and we miss out on a target over monetary reasons.  But I'm not everyone...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 2, 2015, 02:49:48 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-owners-meet-supporters-10368482

John W Henry has met with Liverpool's official supporters committee to discuss ticket prices and the “disconnect” between the club and its local fanbase.

The meeting, which took place at Anfield on 24 October, saw Henry, along with Reds chairman Tom Werner, chief executive Ian Ayre and Mike Gordon, the president of Fenway Sports Group, sit down with committee members to talk about an issue that has increasingly divided fans in recent years.

Discussed at the meeting were potential changes to Liverpool's ticket pricing policy, concern as to the impact the redeveloped Main Stand might have on match-going supporters as well as the ongoing issue of touting.

The Supporters Committee, which has released full minutes of the meeting, state that Gordon intends to meet with the club's Ticketing Working Group in the next few weeks to discuss pricing issues, and that policy changes are set to come into effect next season, by which time the new Main Stand will be in operation.

Werner, meanwhile, confirmed that the issue of ticket prices had been discussed at a meeting of Premier League clubs in London last month.

It was put to the owners that there needed to be a greater balance between local and non-local supporters, and that the club needed to better engage with supporters on such issues.

It was also pointed out that while Chelsea, as per the recent BBC 'Price of Football study', had the highest priced 'cheapest' ticket prices in the Premier League, the average salary in their area was over £100,000 per annum.

In Liverpool, the average annual salary is around £16,000, yet the Reds boast the second highest priced 'cheap' tickets. It was mentioned that the Spirit of Shankly and the Everton Supporters Trust supporters’ groups are involved in a food bank initiative around Anfield, with 47% of children in the local area considered to be in ‘poverty’.

For the 2014-15 campaign, general admission matchday tickets at Anfield were banded into three categories, with £59 the highest price for a single adult ticket (for a tier 1 category A game) and £37 the lowest (for a tier 6 category C match).

The club chose to freeze prices for this season following discussions with fan groups – but Henry acknowledged that the issue is one that requires further engagement with supporters.

The principal owner also suggested that an idea to subsidise away game screenings for local schools would be something the club could consider.

The meeting closed with the owners saying they hoped that the proposals they were coming up with were a start and also that it was important that this was seen as a journey as the issues raised could not be solved overnight.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 2, 2015, 03:43:52 pm »
Something that to me, would seem quite simple would be to do away with the current general sale.  40,000 or so people scrapping over 400 or so tickets just doesn't make any sense.

Move all the general sale tickets to the Kop and take the sale off line.  Sell them at the ticket office only at say, 4.0 pm on a week day so school kids who live locally have an advantage over anybody else.

Give local kids free fan cards (should be free membership, but let's be realistic), do away with paper tickets to stop touting.

Anybody can still queue up and buy one, but this would give them a better opportunity.

Of course, I'd like a lot more tickets that are accessible to local kids and locals who have became detatched from the Club but this would seem like an easy starting point to get something rolling.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Dressed in red

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #132 on: November 3, 2015, 09:08:09 pm »
I'd like to add my view into the knowledge of the people who do work for this cause to keep the local people, especially the youngsters, in close touch with the club. At first it's probably important to let everybody know where I come from, even if it might be relatively easy to make a good guess because of the way I write in english - or maybe not, it's impossible to say when you're a foreigner.

Anyway, I've begun my fantastic trip with the club in the early 80's when I was way less than ten years old. It's funny nowadays to hear the young footballers dreaming to one day play for LFC, I couldn't even dream to see the team play at Anfield! It was just unimaginable. I've been there a good few times now, fulfilling my dream that was not even a dream in the beginning.

First time I went to see a game at Anfield was around ten years ago, and I have to say that a lot has changed during these years. The biggest difference for a tourist would be the pubs close to the stadium. When I first got there those pubs were packed but mostly by the English supporters, obviously I can't tell if it was locals or not but the atmosphere was amazing with all the singing and chanting. I think there's no need to write here how it's changed during the years, but it was very different last time I was there, and of course, not in a good way.

It's well known that the atmosphere has changed a lot inside the stadium and during the games, too, but I have to admit that I've never got the tickets for the big games. The biggest must have been when we played Man City early in the season and Lucas put Yaya into his back pocket... 1-1 draw it was and still a great game with very good atmosphere, but the whole thing around my trip had already changed.

It seems I just can't write shortly, sorry for that, but I try to get to the point now. For me, as a 'tourist', even if a 'hard core lifelong boyhood supporter' who I think I am, the local people around the club are the main thing. I want to be the outsider who's got a rare chance to see this mystery stadium and the team with all the exitement the local supporters bring into it. The locals singing in the pubs before and after games, and of course during the games at the stadium. To have a chat with local supporters to get to know what these LFC specialists think of the team and the way it plays, the difficulties to understand a word they say and this frightening feeling when they ask you something and you need to ask for the third time what was that they actually meant with the question.

All the above would be needed to make a perfect trip to Anfield to see my heroes play. And to make it possible now and in the future, the club should really pay attention to what the Supporters Committee has to say. I agree with all that was said in the first post (well, all I wanted to say could've actually been written with these few words...), and I ask all the people involved to be strong and continue these efforts. The young generation is the key. The main thing for me is that the owners might not see that even for us foreigners it would be very important that when we get there, we want to see mainly local people in and around the stadium. We are ready to wait to get the tickets even if it takes years, especially because nowadays we can watch every game from tv or through internet. But if we'll only find other tourists over there, what's the point to make the trip at all?

So, all my best for the hard work to give the locals a chance to remain as the spine inside Anfield. There are too many of us foreigners in every game already, and something has to be done to save the club and all the exitement in travelling to Liverpool to see LFC play.

Edit: just realized how long a story I wrote... I try to make them shorter in the future...

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #133 on: November 3, 2015, 09:22:33 pm »
And that, Dressed, is a bloody good post.

ps not too long at all ;)

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 3, 2015, 10:12:52 pm »
<snip>

Top post, echoes many of my concerns. I've found that the best pubs to go to for a local feel are 10 minutes walk away from the stadium. The one I go to, I think I'm the only 'tourist' there. Fortunately through a mate I fell in with a good group of lads, so I can still experience that local vibe. I don't mind the ones next to the ground, sometimes they can be great too, despite the concerns you raise.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 4, 2015, 09:22:45 am »
It seems I just can't write shortly, sorry for that, but I try to get to the point now. For me, as a 'tourist', even if a 'hard core lifelong boyhood supporter' who I think I am, the local people around the club are the main thing. I want to be the outsider who's got a rare chance to see this mystery stadium and the team with all the exitement the local supporters bring into it. The locals singing in the pubs before and after games, and of course during the games at the stadium. To have a chat with local supporters to get to know what these LFC specialists think of the team and the way it plays, the difficulties to understand a word they say and this frightening feeling when they ask you something and you need to ask for the third time what was that they actually meant with the question.

Brilliant post, the paragraph quoted especially rings true for me. I'm from the south west of England but when I go up to Liverpool I feel a bit like a foreigner - and I mean  that in the best possible sense. I love that feeling of being immersed in a culture that is partly mine and partly something that I can never totally understand. I don't feel like a 'lesser' supporter, but I know that I am a different kind of supporter. I also know that there has to be more of the locals than there are of me and my fellow OOTs or the magic will be lost.

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #136 on: November 4, 2015, 10:05:29 am »
Personally think locals should get cheaper tickets.

What we do in Nz is asking for id to check if ur a local for certain attractions. Then u get a different price.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #137 on: November 4, 2015, 09:43:35 pm »
Personally think locals should get cheaper tickets.

What we do in Nz is asking for id to check if ur a local for certain attractions. Then u get a different price.

It happens all over for all sorts of things. I went to the Alhambra in Granada a few weeks back and they have special tours and entry for local groups. It's harder to legislate for with commercial operations but it could be done.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #138 on: November 4, 2015, 10:20:26 pm »
What underpins any bold steps in the right direction on ticketing, is a commitment from the ownership that they will agree to make less money (be that a penny, a pound or millions) from ticketing revenue, and either seek to make that up another way or accept it no longer being there. Without that, it is all tinkering around the edges (and some progressive stuff can be done but not enough.

We will find out soon enough if that willingness is there?
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: November 5, 2015, 10:16:13 am »
Good to see this being raised the way it has and in those terms. Outside of football I've always been involved in our trade union and I know at times 'wars' are unavoidable and can't be ducked, but day to day we have had success when we've been able to convince management that something we want also is beneficial to them, they just can't see it because their heads are turned by the short term.

Yes, initially FSG lose revenue but a vibrant ground and the traditions and values we have built are also attractive selling points, when it comes to selling the club in other areas and if they're astute they will see the possibilities of recapturing the money lost in the ground in sponsorship deals and selling the club in that horrible term 'new markets'  building the asset.

In my experience the way things change is often at first a drip drip until the pressure builds to a point the whole ceiling comes down and I think those of us who go regularly realise how bad things are getting, the signs are numerous, not getting up for Man U last season etc, just how close we are to the ceiling coming down. Klopp's appointment has been reassuring now is the time for the club to seriously begin to address a problem that if solved could really give us an advantage both on and off the pitch
« Last Edit: November 5, 2015, 10:18:01 am by The 92A »
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 5, 2015, 11:21:45 am »
They seemed to sell the top end hospitality in the Main Stand for next season very quickly.  It had me wondering whether they could have charged more to the big Companies who tend to take the top end options, and use this to subsidise cheaper seats else where.

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 5, 2015, 11:32:04 am »
They seemed to sell the top end hospitality in the Main Stand for next season very quickly.  It had me wondering whether they could have charged more to the big Companies who tend to take the top end options, and use this to subsidise cheaper seats else where.

Or could mean they got their prices exactly right by thorough research.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #142 on: November 5, 2015, 12:05:10 pm »
A few great posts in this thread. The 2 stand out ones are from 'Dressed in Red' and 'The 92A'. Two posters who seem to support Liverpool via different routes but both understand the importance of both getting more young supporters into the ground and the club keeping a strong connection with the local community.

I've seen the point raised that we should not prioritise local young supporters over young supporters from a different locality. I think it's a fair point to raise but it may have missed the point somewhat. If an increased ability for younger supporters to get access to Anfield is a mechanism to improve the atmosphere then it has to be local support. Not because they are inherently better supporters but because it has to be be young lads/girls who can go the games with their mates, sit with their mates and go regularly together. It's a combination of those 3 things that will allow these young supporters to help generate a better atmosphere. Young fans from all over the globe, attending sporadically and not with a group of friends would almost certainly not have the same impact on the atmosphere within Anfield.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #143 on: November 5, 2015, 02:03:22 pm »
It happens all over for all sorts of things. I went to the Alhambra in Granada a few weeks back and they have special tours and entry for local groups. It's harder to legislate for with commercial operations but it could be done.
Produce a purple bin on arrival and you get cheaper tickets.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: November 5, 2015, 02:11:47 pm »
What underpins any bold steps in the right direction on ticketing, is a commitment from the ownership that they will agree to make less money (be that a penny, a pound or millions) from ticketing revenue, and either seek to make that up another way or accept it no longer being there. Without that, it is all tinkering around the edges (and some progressive stuff can be done but not enough.

How about not buying fucking woeful players like Enrique, Carroll, Downing, Borini and so on?

Just a thought.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: November 5, 2015, 03:17:01 pm »
Or could mean they got their prices exactly right by thorough research.

Possibly, although the club did express surprise at how quickly those packages were being sold.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 6, 2015, 11:25:46 am »
Is there any timescale as to when FSG take their proposals to the Ticket Working Group?

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #147 on: November 6, 2015, 12:35:34 pm »

If they think of it as investing a small percentage of match day revenue to create an atmosphere that will repay that investment in marketing appeal they'd be made not to.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #148 on: November 6, 2015, 02:27:17 pm »
How about not buying fucking woeful players like Enrique, Carroll, Downing, Borini and so on?

Just a thought.

Thing is, and I say this as someone who is in these conversations all the time on ticketing within SOS, that's not an argument that sells well. Because it's only with hindsight (in some cases) that these players aren't good enough. And if we get into the signing players argument on it, they get to use the same narrative - to say we need to charge more to sign and pay for the best players. Neither argument then works and one to be avoided.

Is there any timescale as to when FSG take their proposals to the Ticket Working Group?

They told the SC shortly. Sadly they didn't even invite those of us on the Ticket Working Group in to tell us this. It needs to be soon though. As the Ticket Working Group release says, there has been a lot of patience shown!

If they think of it as investing a small percentage of match day revenue to create an atmosphere that will repay that investment in marketing appeal they'd be made not to.

I agree - this, and more (much of which is said on this threads and other threads on this matter) has been said to them. Again though it is about their willingness. Proof will be in the pudding.

I could go on about this issue so much - I have done so many times - but it now needs us to stop thinking we need to convince them and for me them to actually recognising something needs to be done before it is too late (I actually worry it already is)
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: November 6, 2015, 02:30:28 pm »
On the whole it's a good, realistic attempt to get something back for the local support and hopefully the owners can meet somewhere at least in the middle.

Thought the comparison with Kensington and the generalising picture of the Asian supporter (could he not be a local?) was a bit poor. But mainly the whole idea of the letter sounds great and thought the point about the Spion Kop 1906 supporters group was really good in showing how a few guys can contribute so much, hopefully FSG will listen to that.

I've got to agree with the Asian supporter bit. No need for that
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 6, 2015, 03:18:10 pm »

Think that's been pretty well covered. Daft mistake, that's all.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 6, 2015, 03:26:56 pm »

and FSG complimented the SC on their presentation.  No harm done.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: November 6, 2015, 03:34:04 pm »
They told the SC shortly. Sadly they didn't even invite those of us on the Ticket Working Group in to tell us this. It needs to be soon though. As the Ticket Working Group release says, there has been a lot of patience shown!

I know they didn't meet TWG which could look like they're not arsed.  I assume they'll be meeting up with you when they come up with the proposals.

Something that's confused me a bit is that they're going to you with proposals.  I was in the Sandon for the SOS meeting when the group was being put together and it sounded to me that FSG had told TWG to go away and come up with some solutions (not on local / young lads, just cheaper tickets in general).  It now sounds the other way around, they're going to you with the answers.  Not sure if I like that.  It makes it sound as though they wasted your time in the first place.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #153 on: November 9, 2015, 12:34:59 pm »
Something needs to change, soon.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du