Author Topic: United 3-1 Liverpool FT  (Read 198835 times)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Re: United 3-1 Liverpool FT
« Reply #720 on: September 12, 2015, 08:13:26 pm »
I like the look of that new Brazilian defender we signed, Firmino, defended well throughout.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #721 on: September 12, 2015, 08:13:29 pm »
That performance was Hodgson level cowardice. Devoid of passion or bottle.

I'd like to say "get rid" but stick Henderson, Sturridge, Coutinho, Allen and Sakho in that side and it's a different game.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #722 on: September 12, 2015, 08:13:37 pm »
Didn't Klopp try to get Ings too? Or had he left by then?
Continually on 11,420.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #723 on: September 12, 2015, 08:13:43 pm »
I think Rodgers will be successful in the future, but it looks like this job came too soon for him.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: September 12, 2015, 08:13:53 pm »
Am I dreaming or did Rodgers say he was Suarez-lite? Loads of energy, direct runner, etc?

Keep hoping that he's just a slow starter, because Suarez was the energizer bunny from day one.
To be fair, Firmino has stepped in at a time when we really are below 'bang average'. The whole team looks poor and devoid of ideas, and that comes from the top.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #725 on: September 12, 2015, 08:14:12 pm »
ibe was awesome in his cameo...
he was no more than decent.

we still have as good a shot at top 4 as our rivals.

No we don't.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #726 on: September 12, 2015, 08:14:16 pm »
predictable kneejerking in here.  two terrible teams, one of which made a few more idiotic mistakes than the other.  the performance wasn't great, but there's been worse LFC performances at OT over the years, and we were missing a lot of key players. 

still, fabulous goal by benteke, ibe was awesome in his cameo... the very worst thing to do now would be to throw everything up in the air by sacking the manager.  other than city, we still have as good a shot at top 4 as our rivals.

:boxhead :boxhead :boxhead
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #727 on: September 12, 2015, 08:14:19 pm »
There does seem to be quite a lot of negativity on here. Last two games have been a bit disappointing, but I think we'll turn it around.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #728 on: September 12, 2015, 08:14:23 pm »
Also if anyone can tell me what on earth Emre Can does, then I'd be most grateful. No pace, no power, no composure, piss poor.
The guy is a monster with his national team but average at best playing for us, how do you explain that?
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: September 12, 2015, 08:14:26 pm »
We were very very poor - very disjointed in an attacking sense throughout the game. Offered very little.

However, seriously what did they do? Other than 2 set piece goals where our defence completely switched off (how many times has that been said) their only clear attempt at goal was the 3rd goal - and again if Srktel did something rather than just backtrack and follow the ball, he probably wouldn't have. So as bad as we were, if only our defence could learn to not switch off, we'd be walking off with at least a point.

As for our players SLOW sums us up. No pace in the team whatsoever. Slow in thought. And then when the ball is there, too slow to react to get it or pass it.

Milner and Ings are hard working lads and decent with the ball but with no pace. Can and Lucas - I love them - but seriously they offered and did very little.

And between them Lovren, Mignolet and Srktel are a fucking joke. And not a funny one. Just riddled with mistakes and no communication.

But worst for me was Firmino. Wow, we were excited to sign him? Well I was anyway. No energy. Doesnt run or chase back (did it once in the second half). Poor passing. With Coutinho out, he was our main man to create and he did nothing. Worse than that, he didn't even put in any effort. Really disappointed with him. I know its just his second start but the minimum you except if hard work and he lacked it big time.

Felt for Benteke a bit. His overall play wasnt great but he was so isolated with the way we were set up.

After a good start, sadly the same old horrible signs of last season are there again. Have we progressed?

Firmino was basically a wingback, the manager's inept set up did Benteke, Firmino and Ings absolutely no favours. Having the dire midfield of Can, Milner and Lucas was never going to give them the support they needed, and they were predominantly defending.

Don't think you can blame our front 3 for that turgid display. The midfield, defence and GK are shambolic though - no assertiveness, not creative, not solid and certainly can't park a bus. Very poor. We got used to having assertive midfielders and strong CBs - but in this team they've no idea how to play together. I mean even West Ham came to Anfield and outplayed them significantly a couple of weeks back - they too had more than a few new players in the side, as well as a new manager. He can't have had that much time to get to know his players and set the team up - certainly not 3-4years.

No idea where we go from here, but if this persists too long (and let's face it, it might - we don't really have much in the locker to improve that midfield and defence in terms of player changes, and clearly the manager hasn't got a clue what to do), then surely we'll be looking at a new Head Coach.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #730 on: September 12, 2015, 08:14:42 pm »
I think Rodgers will be successful in the future, but it looks like this job came too soon for him.

He might if he learns some humility.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #731 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:18 pm »
We were very very poor - very disjointed in an attacking sense throughout the game. Offered very little.

However, seriously what did they do? Other than 2 set piece goals where our defence completely switched off (how many times has that been said) their only clear attempt at goal was the 3rd goal - and again if Srktel did something rather than just backtrack and follow the ball, he probably wouldn't have. So as bad as we were, if only our defence could learn to not switch off, we'd be walking off with at least a point.

As for our players SLOW sums us up. No pace in the team whatsoever. Slow in thought. And then when the ball is there, too slow to react to get it or pass it.

Milner and Ings are hard working lads and decent with the ball but with no pace. Can and Lucas - I love them - but seriously they offered and did very little.

And between them Lovren, Mignolet and Srktel are a fucking joke. And not a funny one. Just riddled with mistakes and no communication.

But worst for me was Firmino. Wow, we were excited to sign him? Well I was anyway. No energy. Doesnt run or chase back (did it once in the second half). Poor passing. With Coutinho out, he was our main man to create and he did nothing. Worse than that, he didn't even put in any effort. Really disappointed with him. I know its just his second start but the minimum you except if hard work and he lacked it big time.

Felt for Benteke a bit. His overall play wasnt great but he was so isolated with the way we were set up.

After a good start, sadly the same old horrible signs of last season are there again. Have we progressed?

I wasn't. New signings mean nothing to me now. We have had years of let downs. It is a waste of time thinking how good they could be. You just have to wait and see.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #732 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:25 pm »

To be fair, you'd have to be out of your mind not take it if you were him. He's shown in more than enough time that he just isn't up to standard. Can he ever be? Possibly. But we can't sit around and wait, that's just life. You roll with the changes and try to adapt.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:29 pm »
Firmino was poor as well. Hopefully its just a case of settling in.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:30 pm »
predictable kneejerking in here.  two terrible teams, one of which made a few more idiotic mistakes than the other.  the performance wasn't great, but there's been worse LFC performances at OT over the years, and we were missing a lot of key players. 

still, fabulous goal by benteke, ibe was awesome in his cameo... the very worst thing to do now would be to throw everything up in the air by sacking the manager.  other than city, we still have as good a shot at top 4 as our rivals.
Deluded.

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:33 pm »
Funny one for me this, i was not to up for this game at all like usual, weird, like i didn't give a fuck. The lack of leadership, passion and any coheashion in the team right now is all there to see. Nobody shouting or rallying on the pitch. Smacks of the players not playing for the manager.

He is on thin ice now. No doubt about it, we have been poor all over the pitch for a good few months now.

That first half was one of the worst i have seen, especially for a man u game. United were there for the taking today, a missed opportunity. To play two up front but sit back just did not make sense.

We need a scouse leader. We need passion. Soon.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:34 pm »
Sort of agree, but playing two strikers isn't exactly unheard of in football, it's just common sense to me. The feeling is more and more that 13/14 happened because we temporarily moved away from Rodgers philosophy, rather than as a result of it.

Up until then, I really liked his ability to adapt. But then... I don't understand how we had created something that worked, only to ditch it all together.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:40 pm »
Please tell me thats a joke!!!!!!!

The exact quote was:

"The only positive for me is that we had a defeat here last year and we got better."

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:47 pm »

He is successful, he's made it as manager at premier league clubs. His ceiling is mid table, so for us he isn't good enough.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #739 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:47 pm »
Two signings in their natural position today, and they did well. Just a thought

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:51 pm »
There does seem to be quite a lot of negativity on here. Last two games have been a bit disappointing, but I think we'll turn it around.

Seriously Andy, stop lying to yourself.  Its not gonna happen.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:51 pm »
You are having a laugh the guy would have been gone long ago with proper owners who understood LFC sad to say they really know fuck all money grabbers
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #742 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:56 pm »
In other news Everton 3-1 Chelsea
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Dam Sodd

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #743 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:59 pm »
We gave them too much respect 1st half. It reminded me of R.Madrid away last time and Utd are nowhere near them. We only actually had a go at Utd when it was too late. GK jitters suck the defence back in which has the same effect on the MF leaving Benteke isolated. Liked Ings graft but to see him virtually LB at times was edifying. Played reasonable but undone by a set play then a pen. Last one we made the lad look good with limp defending but he finished it well so fair play to him. Contrary to the wailing going on there were some good things done today, but you cant just sit back against these at their place forever cos there will eventually be a lapse and there will be no coming back.
Cool down and play

Offline Cliche Guevara

• Boys Pen
« Reply #744 on: September 12, 2015, 08:16:15 pm »
It's got to the point that if we go a goal down, no matter how early, I feel like that's it, game over.

Only a couple of seasons ago we had the attitude of ''If you score 3 we'll score 4''. We've fallen so far in such a short amount of time, and Rodgers looks absolutely clueless as to how to change it.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: September 12, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »

hardly knee jerk considering he has been shite for the last year or so, keeps on making the same mistakes, zero direction or style of play,  we keep on getting smashed.

And we have scored 3 goals all season, 2 are worldies and one shouldn't have stood. We have played 45 minutes of decent football and look to be getting worse

Oh and he is sounding more and more like uncle Roy
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: September 12, 2015, 08:16:21 pm »
He doesn't seem to learn about playing players out of position. In the 6-1 debacle at Stoke just a few months ago, seven of the ten outfield players were central midfielders. Putting square pegs in round holes didn't work then and certainly isn't working now

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: September 12, 2015, 08:16:22 pm »
At least under Hodgson and Kenny we would raise our game vs United, but today (and our last few games) have been shocking.
Our team does actually have quality...however all that is useless without a manager who knows how to get the best out of that quality and somebody who can inspire the team.

Time to move on Brendan.

We never raised our game once under Hodgson, and if we did it was the players that did it. Gerrard at Old Trafford (presumably out of embarrassment that his team were being beaten so comfortably by their biggest rivals) and Torres against Chelsea (probably because he wanted to move there).

Rodgers has been appalling lately, but he's still nowhere near Hodgson levels of abjectness for me. And at least Brendan gave us one season of great football, Hodgson gave us nothing but utter shit in press conferences and our famous night in Trabsonspor, which wasn't all that famous anyway.

Offline Ziggy09

• Kopite
  • No Retreat, No Surrender
    • KZFLP - Health & Skincare
« Reply #748 on: September 12, 2015, 08:16:25 pm »
Am I dreaming or did Rodgers say he was Suarez-lite? Loads of energy, direct runner, etc?

Keep hoping that he's just a slow starter, because Suarez was the energizer bunny from day one.

Im sorry mate, I genuinely dont listen to what Rodgers says. But if he said that, then either Firmino has changed his game or Rodgers has again bought a player who's style of play is nowhere suited to what Rodgers apparently wants from his team. 

And yes, lets just hope hes a slow starter. We need him to come good for the club.
Roll up you sleeves and start to dance boys, for happiness is rare in a poor man's life!

Dedication. Determination. Perfection.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #749 on: September 12, 2015, 08:16:29 pm »
His management of a good few players is criminal, Gomez, Moreno, Markovic, Balotelli, Sakho, Agger, Reina the list goes on.

Lucas, Aspas, Henderson (touted), Alberto, Yesil,  Borini, Lambert, Sahin, Assaidi,  Sakho, Ilori, Moses, Lallana,  Manquillo Gerrard, Kuyt, Maxi,  Shelves, Pacheco, Suso.....
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: September 12, 2015, 08:16:31 pm »
Had a chance to sack him in the summer and get a fresh start, but no lets ruin another season. FSG are as clueless as the manager.
Putting aside any discussion about a named replacement, I disagree with that to be honest mate. I think some brave decisions were made with new players and a fresh set-up. I'm not a Markovic fan and I'm not suggesting he would have made a difference today but he should have stayed and the squad may have had a bit of depth to face the season. It should be better than what it is - it was worth the gamble assembling what we have imo.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 10:29:40 pm by John C »

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: September 12, 2015, 08:16:39 pm »
In other news Everton 3-1 Chelsea
So even Everton are ahead of us.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: September 12, 2015, 08:16:44 pm »

I really don't think it's kneejerking this time, I think he's losing a lot of support from the fans.

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: September 12, 2015, 08:16:53 pm »
Firmino was poor as well. Hopefully its just a case of settling in.

Or its the fact that his manager had him playing at RWB

Offline wordroam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #754 on: September 12, 2015, 08:16:56 pm »

That was his plan from the off. Then they predictably scored because we are dire defensively and it was game set and match and everyone knew it including Rodgers and the players.
Both managers I think. Shadow-boxing with shite for the first half, and yes of course the goal changed everything.

To be honest despite the win Man U looked brittle to me. While we've got Couthino, Henderson, Sturridge to return and a number of players to ease into form/the team, I still saw really interesting signs of a much more capable squad than we've had for a while. Sorry guys but the Benteke goal was more than a 'pretty face' on a dire game.

Obviously it's pointless to say this on this sort of thread after a loss to the Mancs but really can't be doing with the childish hyperbolic hysteria.

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
« Reply #755 on: September 12, 2015, 08:16:57 pm »
In Brendan's second season he had the benefits of Suarez and sturridge running the channels for fun and that caused the defenders all sorts of headaches and created more space for the midfielders in behind with coutinho having a field day threading passes through all day.

We don't have that pace or indeed the quality of movement in the team now and the quality of players needed for that 'philosophy'...

Brendan has had to adopt to a more conventional managing style and has been proven to be well out of his depth.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: September 12, 2015, 08:17:00 pm »
That fucking hurt. No desire, no fight, just shite.
That's what literally breaks my heart. The way we just roll over to a shower of shite that literally did nothing for 45 minutes and looked just as clueless as us. We basically just bent over for them in the second half and took it from them. Their first goal epitomised everything bad about this current sides mentality. We just let them roll the ball to the edge of our area from a fucking corner for Blind to have a free shot on goal. I'm fucking furious. We made a shit team look like they're title contenders, and now them c*nts are all chuffed and talking about some kid like he's the second coming of Christ because he scored a goal that we should have easily defended.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #757 on: September 12, 2015, 08:17:05 pm »
Today was the first game that I felt like the players do not believe in this project.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #758 on: September 12, 2015, 08:17:05 pm »
Id still keep Rodgers though. He has been poor but dunno it doesnt sit right sacking him. He needs to improve big time though. Maybe review again in November.

How many more losses to our rivals will it take?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #759 on: September 12, 2015, 08:17:07 pm »
Went during my lunch hour to the pub to watch second half. Finished 3 pints in 45 minutes....I'm clearly unwell to continue working today....but fuck it.

It was fucking shit. This is so hopeless....Genuinely love internationals more than club footy now