Author Topic: United 3-1 Liverpool FT  (Read 199860 times)

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
Re: United 3-1 Liverpool FT
« Reply #600 on: September 12, 2015, 08:00:45 pm »
Rodgers post match!! Yikes. There's the door lad.
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #601 on: September 12, 2015, 08:00:55 pm »
Can was awful.

Fuck off with the Can bashing.

The two senior players next to him were awful; particularly Lucas who was diabolical.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: September 12, 2015, 08:00:57 pm »
Every time he speaks he makes me want to volley my telly off the wall. I wish he'd just shut up.
He's been doing that for me since day 1.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: September 12, 2015, 08:00:58 pm »
Id still keep Rodgers though. He has been poor but dunno it doesnt sit right sacking him. He needs to improve big time though. Maybe review again in November.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: September 12, 2015, 08:00:59 pm »
Can was awful.
Abject. Another nothing showing from a player Rodgers has bigged up as our next midfield general

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: September 12, 2015, 08:01:08 pm »
They hired a manager that was no where near qualified to manage LFC.
I blame our predicament entirely on FSG.
They took a gamble that nearly worked at one point and have backed the manager. They ain't to blame for today Ffs.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #606 on: September 12, 2015, 08:01:23 pm »

What's he said now then?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline dane

• Kopite
« Reply #607 on: September 12, 2015, 08:01:23 pm »
End of jan, so fsg don't have to spend anything.
That same thought has crossed my mind more than once.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: September 12, 2015, 08:01:41 pm »
He gave the impression of someone dying for a shit in a cable car
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: September 12, 2015, 08:01:43 pm »
it's just mind-numbingly dim to do it.

Not as dumb as the possible consequences of keeping him
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Ziggy09

• Kopite
  • No Retreat, No Surrender
    • KZFLP - Health & Skincare
« Reply #610 on: September 12, 2015, 08:01:46 pm »
We were very very poor - very disjointed in an attacking sense throughout the game. Offered very little.

However, seriously what did they do? Other than 2 set piece goals where our defence completely switched off (how many times has that been said) their only clear attempt at goal was the 3rd goal - and again if Srktel did something rather than just backtrack and follow the ball, he probably wouldn't have. So as bad as we were, if only our defence could learn to not switch off, we'd be walking off with at least a point.

As for our players SLOW sums us up. No pace in the team whatsoever. Slow in thought. And then when the ball is there, too slow to react to get it or pass it.

Milner and Ings are hard working lads and decent with the ball but with no pace. Can and Lucas - I love them - but seriously they offered and did very little.

And between them Lovren, Mignolet and Srktel are a fucking joke. And not a funny one. Just riddled with mistakes and no communication.

But worst for me was Firmino. Wow, we were excited to sign him? Well I was anyway. No energy. Doesnt run or chase back (did it once in the second half). Poor passing. With Coutinho out, he was our main man to create and he did nothing. Worse than that, he didn't even put in any effort. Really disappointed with him. I know its just his second start but the minimum you except if hard work and he lacked it big time.

Felt for Benteke a bit. His overall play wasnt great but he was so isolated with the way we were set up.

After a good start, sadly the same old horrible signs of last season are there again. Have we progressed?
Roll up you sleeves and start to dance boys, for happiness is rare in a poor man's life!

Dedication. Determination. Perfection.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: September 12, 2015, 08:01:50 pm »
Will someone shut him up ffs.
Every time he speaks he makes me want to volley my telly off the wall. I wish he'd just shut up.

He's become such a gobshite on and off the field of football
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline wesralph84

• Main Stander
« Reply #612 on: September 12, 2015, 08:01:51 pm »
Seriously worried about us now. We are no better than a Southampton or Swansea and that's been the same for 13 months now. No consistent game plan, average players throughout the team and an average manager spending 10s of millions and going backwards.

Today was just embarrassing on every level. From the stat of 2 touches in the opponents half in the 1st half to ultra negative mentality against our biggest rival. It's a joke to think we are anywhere near top 4, every performance this season has been bad and it's getting no better.  How long does the club wait to get a manager who has previous experience of managing a top club, who understands the demands and expectations and has shown he can deliver.

Time for a change. It's clear it's not getting any better.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: September 12, 2015, 08:01:57 pm »
Norwich a week tomorrow suddenly becomes the biggest game of Rodgers' career here. If he loses that then I think it's curtains for him.

We play in the Europa League before that.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #614 on: September 12, 2015, 08:01:59 pm »
just realised Everton are ahead of us. Their star signing was Aaron Lennon for free and we spent a hundred million.  ;D
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: September 12, 2015, 08:02:04 pm »
Klopp even tried to buy Benteke a year or two ago.
thank you. Tell that fool please :D

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #616 on: September 12, 2015, 08:02:04 pm »
Who are the players Rodgers thought were outstanding today? Baffling.
JFT97

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #617 on: September 12, 2015, 08:02:13 pm »
Harry's right, our team's shite.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #618 on: September 12, 2015, 08:02:15 pm »
No doubt that Henderson, Coutinho and Sturridge will improve us but our defence needs to give us a chance to compete. The second we open up our  defenders start making individual errors for fun.
I think our biggest problem is that we don't know what to do with the ball when we win it, so we keep losing it. Skrtel and Lovren have no options.
The movement is shocking.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: September 12, 2015, 08:02:20 pm »

Bit harsh?

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: September 12, 2015, 08:02:23 pm »
Also if anyone can tell me what on earth Emre Can does, then I'd be most grateful. No pace, no power, no composure, piss poor.
He's poorly managed.

He's young and very raw. He looks like someone who hasn't been instructed where to play.
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: September 12, 2015, 08:02:26 pm »
What's he said now then?
The usual one liners that he repeats 10 seconds later
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #622 on: September 12, 2015, 08:02:26 pm »
Id still keep Rodgers though. He has been poor but dunno it doesnt sit right sacking him. He needs to improve big time though. Maybe review again in November.

What doesn't sit right? Does he have some sort of divine right to be here? When you're not good enough at your job, you go. Especially after being given chance after chance to make amends.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: September 12, 2015, 08:02:37 pm »
Give him the gate enough is enough this season started how last finished. Team is a joke shop at the moment, totally fed up with this dirt

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: September 12, 2015, 08:02:41 pm »
And then when BR decides he needs support for Benteke he takes Ings off instead of Can who was dire. He could have put Origi on and retained Ings levels of energy and threat from midfield.
Can was our best midfielder imo

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: September 12, 2015, 08:03:20 pm »
Who are the players Rodgers thought were outstanding today? Baffling.

Probably our 2 undroppable centre backs. 

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: September 12, 2015, 08:03:24 pm »
The moment he decided to start a centre back partnership of Lovren and Skrtel he should have been sacked and possibly sectioned.

Utterly fucking mental.

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #627 on: September 12, 2015, 08:03:27 pm »
'Too easy to hit Benteke'

Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, speaking to Sky Sports:  "I thought in the first half we defended well but had nowhere near enough quality and composure on the ball.

"We were disappointed with a couple of the goals. I never thought the free kick was a free-kick. Penalty, I think Herrera has done well, young Joe Gomez will learn he has to stay on his feet.

"We got back into the game with a brilliant goal but then we concede a disappointed third and that kills is.

"We need to be a lot technically better than we showed today. Over the first five games now creating goals is something we need to look at. It is too easy sometimes for us to go direct to Christian Benteke, who was excellent today.

"I have a group who will respond but we have to be technically better."

Oh no! Did our players look technically shit playing in positions they don't have the skillset to play in and with directives to sit deep and be put under pressured. Well I'll be darned.  :o

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: September 12, 2015, 08:03:38 pm »
Rodgers: 'The only positive for me is that we had a defeat here last year and we got better.'

Are you fucking shitting me?! He needs to go asap. Always thought he wasn't Liverpool standard, he was a mid-table manager at best who had one good season at Swansea. Never said this on the forum as the die-hards with rose tinted glasses are always quick on the defence but today's the day 99% of fans give up on him and rightly so. FSG have absolutely no balls, they love him because he's a brown nose yes-man.

Offline yellsub66

• Main Stander
« Reply #629 on: September 12, 2015, 08:03:39 pm »
Is this the moment when we find out whether the owners see us a a perennial mid table team or a team that lives up to its fantastic history of success and trophy winning? The Suarez season seems an awful long time ago now!

For me Brendan has had enough time. That was a dismal game, one of the worst I have seen between us and Utd. Where is the fight and desire in this team? We looked toothless and clueless and lacking any desire. Very poor  :no

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #630 on: September 12, 2015, 08:03:52 pm »

Possibly but that doesn't he wasn't appalling.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #631 on: September 12, 2015, 08:03:53 pm »
We play in the Europa League before that.

which will make his task even harder. Expect to see Origi/Ings/Toure/Moreno etc, but he'll have to play some starters too. Then against Norwich, a team who aren't very good at all. May get lucky a nick a win on the counter, since Norwich, unlike us, actually play decent, attacking football.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: September 12, 2015, 08:03:53 pm »
It's got to the point where I can't bear to listen to or look at our manager. Never thought there'd ever be a day where that was the case   :(
have you become a fan since mid January 2011?

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #633 on: September 12, 2015, 08:04:04 pm »

Christ, that tells you something. He was about a 5/10 today.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: September 12, 2015, 08:04:12 pm »
Let's all just get hideously drunk and forget about it for a while.... And if you don't drink then a bit of knitting...
I'll try  ;D

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: September 12, 2015, 08:04:17 pm »
Benteke starved of proper service again.Fucking sick of this shite

Offline Red Sox

• Main Stander
  • welcome to the heighway .........
« Reply #636 on: September 12, 2015, 08:04:18 pm »
Bang average, Harry said. The worst Liverpool team he's ever seen. Got to agree, gutted.

Offline Number23

• Kopite
« Reply #637 on: September 12, 2015, 08:04:26 pm »
But worst for me was Firmino. Wow, we were excited to sign him? Well I was anyway. No energy. Doesnt run or chase back (did it once in the second half). Poor passing. With Coutinho out, he was our main man to create and he did nothing. Worse than that, he didn't even put in any effort. Really disappointed with him. I know its just his second start but the minimum you except if hard work and he lacked it big time.

Am I dreaming or did Rodgers say he was Suarez-lite? Loads of energy, direct runner, etc?

Keep hoping that he's just a slow starter, because Suarez was the energizer bunny from day one.
Death by football [Rodgers] said. Well and truly achieved. Now please leave.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: September 12, 2015, 08:04:31 pm »
You mean Luis?

No, I think we need to be fair. Rodgers found a way to use Suarez and Sturridge. He made it possible for them to be perhaps the best attacking duo the league has seen in decades. That's not easy. It required a good manager. But since Suarez left, we have really lost it. Not just him, but the style of play, our confidence, our identity,... everything. We have added fifteen players, for 150M+ and managed to get a lot worse.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #639 on: September 12, 2015, 08:04:36 pm »
If you've got nothing positive to say about the team, this is probably the best thread to say it in!!

I haven't seen a more poorly prepared team play in the premier league this season. No energy, no closing down, no movement off the ball, poor decision making, shocking defending and we wait until going a goal down before even looking interested? What the living fuck is that about?

We just made the worst Manc team in 25 years look like world beaters.