Author Topic: United 3-1 Liverpool FT  (Read 199850 times)

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
Re: United 3-1 Liverpool FT
« Reply #760 on: September 12, 2015, 08:17:13 pm »
Firmino was poor as well. Hopefully its just a case of settling in.

Been thrown in at the deep end with a team set up to.....I don't even know. He won't have a clue what's going on - players who we've had for years don't look like they know what the plan is.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: September 12, 2015, 08:17:13 pm »
I thought he was a number 10?

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #762 on: September 12, 2015, 08:17:15 pm »

We need a scouse leader. We need passion. Soon.

What we 'need' is someone who set the team up properly front to back with competent tactics that allow us to defend and attack as a unit.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: September 12, 2015, 08:17:19 pm »
We've just lost everything that was good about the team from 2013/14. Except the defending. Defending is still the same.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: September 12, 2015, 08:17:26 pm »
There does seem to be quite a lot of negativity on here. Last two games have been a bit disappointing, but I think we'll turn it around.

Thanks for the laugh

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: September 12, 2015, 08:17:28 pm »
The exact quote was:

"The only positive for me is that we had a defeat here last year and we got better."

Thats an automated sacking for me.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #766 on: September 12, 2015, 08:17:31 pm »
That performance was Hodgson level cowardice. Devoid of passion or bottle.

I'd like to say "get rid" but stick Henderson, Sturridge, Coutinho, Allen and Sakho in that side and it's a different game.

The 'Welsh Xavi' will solve all our problems.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: September 12, 2015, 08:17:32 pm »
He is successful, he's made it as manager at premier league clubs. His ceiling is mid table, so for us he isn't good enough.
That is where we will finish mid table !
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #768 on: September 12, 2015, 08:17:35 pm »
Today was the first game that I felt like the players do not believe in this project.

Stoke?!

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #769 on: September 12, 2015, 08:17:51 pm »
Bordeaux in the Europa League is a must win now. Rodgers needs to show some life.

Which means he plays senior players, who will then be tired for Norwich. It's a mess. Because of the way he set up today, scared of losing, the knock on is potentially huge.

I was really hoping he would be brave and attacking this season, given another chance after last years debacle but he seems even more conservative. I'd be surprised if he is here in Jan.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #770 on: September 12, 2015, 08:17:55 pm »
other than city, we still have as good a shot at top 4 as our rivals.

Tell me that you are joking? There is no way that we are top 4 material. We are pathetic and will not finish in the top 6.
#JFT97

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: September 12, 2015, 08:18:42 pm »

Or tactics, or just the manager.  There's a reason that the entire team has been poor for the entire season bar 1 half of football.  It can't be all of them needing to settle in. 

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: September 12, 2015, 08:18:50 pm »
If that quote from the presser is real, that really is Hodgsonesque and exactly the kind of line we all pilloried him for.

It's also deceptive. We were much much better in this fixture last season despite losing 3-0.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #773 on: September 12, 2015, 08:19:02 pm »
The exact quote was:

"The only positive for me is that we had a defeat here last year and we got better."

That's a Hodgson esque quote. Shocking.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #774 on: September 12, 2015, 08:19:13 pm »
In Brendan's second season he had the benefits of Suarez and sturridge running the channels for fun and that caused the defenders all sorts of headaches and created more space for the midfielders in behind with coutinho having a field day threading passes through all day.

We don't have that pace or indeed the quality of movement in the team now and the quality of players needed for that 'philosophy'...

Brendan has had to adopt to a more conventional managing style and has been proven to be well out of his depth.

In our second season we overloaded the opposition with runners and they couldn't cope. This was happening at the end of 12/13 not just the season where we came close to winning the league but Rodgers has completely abandoned his prinicples.

Offline Silly Effin' Pidl

• drove an Aldi
  • Kopite
  • Annie Roader to victory in the Grand National
« Reply #775 on: September 12, 2015, 08:19:22 pm »
Rodgers will be gone by Christmas

If the owners have the slightest bit of nous about them he'll be gone my the end of October before the season becomes another disaster.
We are a team that are going backwards pretty fast and we are absolutely dire to watch most of the time. Lazy players not closing down the opposition or getting tight on them ; players being played out of position, players marking space not the opposition, yielding possession of the ball seconds after gaining possession of it. Our passing and anticipation are an embarrassment.
United were quite average today but they were still miles better than us and in total control of the game.
Our positional play is an absolute joke.

I hate what the manager is doing to this great club, we deserve much better.
It's the worst Liverpool side I have seen in a long time.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #776 on: September 12, 2015, 08:19:38 pm »
Kneejerking? Give it a rest pal, you're impressing no one.

it's a heavy defeat against united.  it hurts.  of course it's kneejerking.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #777 on: September 12, 2015, 08:19:40 pm »
The result was bad enough, but what angered me more was that we showed zero passion, desire, belief or heart -  a complete shambles of a performance, and if the team can't even bring themselves to put up a fight against Manchester United then what can we expect in future matches?

Benteke's goal was fantastic, feel sorry for him that it was surrounded by that utterly woeful performance from the entire team for the rest of the 90 minutes.

Not true

The players put a shift in and didn't give up
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: September 12, 2015, 08:19:40 pm »
Tell me that you are joking? There is no way that we are top 4 material. We are pathetic and will not finish in the top 6.
Totally agree will finish bottom half
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #779 on: September 12, 2015, 08:19:40 pm »
to be fair, 5 of the front 6 have barely played together before for Liverpool and it showed. Still not making excuses, it's gone beyond that now

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #780 on: September 12, 2015, 08:19:54 pm »
You are having a laugh the guy would have been gone long ago with proper owners who understood LFC sad to say they really know fuck all money grabbers

Who really know know LFC? Expand on that if you will...

Giving loyalty to a man who had us playing the best football I have ever seen at Anfield. It's not such a crime.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #781 on: September 12, 2015, 08:20:01 pm »
A lot of people saying it's Suarez who helped us to the title chase.
I disagree.
For me I think it was Steven Gerrard. He was the hope for us all his career. Last season he gave up. He lost hope. Now he's gone. For me without him there's no hope in Liverpool. Every game in the past when we were losing, I just waited for Steven Gerrard to do something. To pull out a rabbit out of nowhere. Since last season there's been no one to look to. No hope. I don't even know what we can do.
Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: September 12, 2015, 08:20:20 pm »
Today was the first game that I felt like the players do not believe in this project.
6-1 didn't convince??

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #783 on: September 12, 2015, 08:20:24 pm »
I don't blame them for today. I blame them for the past 3+ years. Any manager that could defend would have produced a title with the attack that we had two years ago.
Without a doubt. Having to score shitloads of goals because you're allowing shitloads of goals is/was insane. Under the right management we should have a league title and a squad full of world class players.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #784 on: September 12, 2015, 08:20:27 pm »
No, think back to Hodgson. Konchesky and Poulsen were the stuff of nightmares. But then again he didn't have fucking hundreds of millions to spunk on the squad.

That team still had players like Reina, Carragher, Agger, Gerrard, Kuyt and Torres. Every single one of them was better than what we have in their positions now.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #785 on: September 12, 2015, 08:20:43 pm »

it's a heavy defeat against united.  it hurts.  of course it's kneejerking.

You don't seriously think this is all down to one (gutless, spineless, pathetic) loss to United do you?

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #786 on: September 12, 2015, 08:20:45 pm »
That's a Hodgson esque quote. Shocking.

He means the defeat last season gave us a kick up the arse, we got better after it.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline NiftyNeil

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #787 on: September 12, 2015, 08:20:52 pm »

What is his project right now though? I'm not sure he knows. I certainly don't.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: September 12, 2015, 08:20:53 pm »
Who really know know LFC? Expand on that if you will...

Giving loyalty to a man who had us playing the best football I have ever seen at Anfield. It's not such a crime.
Luis Suarez had us playing that football not Rodgers .

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #789 on: September 12, 2015, 08:20:56 pm »

'Too easy to hit Benteke'

Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, speaking to Sky Sports:

This guy is a fraud

He sign players who lack composure on the ball under pressure and technically limited and say this !!!

"I thought in the first half we defended well but had nowhere near enough quality and composure on the ball" We need to be a lot technically better than we showed today "

He prepare the team to sit deep with no passing options only Benteke up front, of course players will go direct

"It is too easy sometimes for us to go direct to Christian Benteke, who was excellent today"

Offline XabiAlonsosBeard

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: September 12, 2015, 08:21:04 pm »
Kneejerking? Give it a rest pal, you're impressing no one.

7 wins in the last 14 games isn't kneejerking, so he's definitely  on impressing me.

Factor in some of the goals we've shipped (3 today and against Palace and West Ham, 6 at Stoke) and the poor performances in the games we've won, and it's definitely not an issue which has cropped up in the past game or two.

We've declined markedly. I've defended Rodgers to the hilt. But, in the here and now, he needs to show that he can arrest what is an obvious decline.  So far, he's looking more and more unable to do that as each game passes.
Justice for the 96.

Loves a missed penalty!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: September 12, 2015, 08:21:06 pm »
I'm looking forward to us going on a mini run of beating relegation and mid-table fodder and everybody claiming we are back and he is the right man for the job then losing to any half decent team.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: September 12, 2015, 08:21:07 pm »
Again in the press conference:  "We showed good character to get back on the front foot".

"We lost here last year, but we didn't lose as badly this time, so that is positive".

To me that is a mentality issue, it doesn't seem to hurt him to lose as much as it does some managers.  That is something, deep down, the players know.  If "showing good character" is the shite on show today, why bother to try harder?  Some will do it for the fans, the Gerrards, the Lucases.  The guys who have had the good times and know what they take - but there are an awful lot of chancers at Liverpool at the moment, £300m worth of them.  There is plenty of clay to make something good, lots of top players, but it's utterly disjointed. 

From a 'rival fan' point of view, I'm happy for him to stay as long as possible, and that should say a lot in itself.  That said, a lot of my best mates are LFC fans, and I have a soft spot for the club - so there definitely need more improvements before Xmas, otherwise you've got a season to cheer this bollocks.  Problem is that it's too early for a change, yet surely a third season of the same can't be possible.  There must be a plan - yet after another bumper summer transfer window you end up with Ings and Gomez down one side. 

It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Did he actually say this ??
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: September 12, 2015, 08:21:10 pm »
More from Brendan Rodgers, speaking to Sky Sports:  "You are never happy when you lose a game, especially to your rival. The only positive for me is that we had a defeat here last year and we got better.

"The key for us is to initiate a game and create chances, that is something we need to be better at."
He should be the new spin doctor for Jeremy Corbyn.

The new Alistair Campbell.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #794 on: September 12, 2015, 08:21:19 pm »
He means the defeat last season gave us a kick up the arse, we got better after it.

Aye, last season really was one to savour.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: September 12, 2015, 08:21:26 pm »
In our second season we overloaded the opposition with runners and they couldn't cope. This was happening at the end of 12/13 not just the season where we came close to winning the league but Rodgers has completely abandoned his prinicples.
No no, you misunderstand. The systems change but the style remains the same.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: September 12, 2015, 08:21:27 pm »
Again in the press conference:  "We showed good character to get back on the front foot".

"We lost here last year, but we didn't lose as badly this time, so that is positive".

Woah and i thought the pre-match presser was embarrassing, this is way worse. Sorry but that's small time loser talk from him.

Can you imagine Kenny ever saying such a thing? No.

For me BR is not a true Liverpool manager.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #797 on: September 12, 2015, 08:21:39 pm »
Yeah mate, but you just don't say that.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: September 12, 2015, 08:21:45 pm »
You don't seriously think this is all down to one (gutless, spineless, pathetic) loss to United do you?
Seen him in other threads. Deliberately goes against popular opinion.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #799 on: September 12, 2015, 08:22:30 pm »
Remember when we were talking last season about the away prformances and the way we keep sitting back no matter who we face? This is still happening and is beyond frustrating.

At least lose with your supposed own way, Brendan. Attacking, remember?