Author Topic: United 3-1 Liverpool FT  (Read 199861 times)

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: United 3-1 Liverpool FT
« Reply #680 on: September 12, 2015, 08:09:17 pm »
Beaten soundly three times in a row now against three very ordinary United sides.

We are dreadful, clueless in defence and attack, insipid, terrible to watch, and we are definitely worse than we were in each of the last three seasons.

This might be a new set of players but it is very much a continuation of last year. What's the common factor there.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #681 on: September 12, 2015, 08:09:26 pm »
Again in the press conference:  "We showed good character to get back on the front foot".

"We lost here last year, but we didn't lose as badly this time, so that is positive
".

F*CK OFF. :lmao
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: September 12, 2015, 08:09:28 pm »
it was a really odd game. Lets get one thing straight. Both teams were and are awful.

This game would always swing and concentration and mistakes. We switched off from a routine set piece. Then firmino misses a chance from 1 yard out which is unforgivable for a 30m pound player i dont care how new he is here. Finally a pathetic penalty given away from a raw kid.  But thats what you get for playing an 19 yr old centre back at left back vs your arch rivals away from home.

Game of nothingness, settled by shit mistakes with a benteke wonder goal and fuck all else. Rodgers will be given till the end of the season but seriously, if this team doesnt have an ingrained identity that we can all get behind by then, ill be the first person wishing him out the door. As it is, lets get behind him because fucking hell he needs us.

It does have an identidy, so far this season we have played it cagey and tried to nick it. Just like today. It didn't work. It's not a crowd pleaser but had we garnered the points or at least a draw then there would be something to weigh up. Tricky place now. We need points badly now and we need performances too.
Brendan is gonna earn the bobs now.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: September 12, 2015, 08:09:28 pm »
If Klopp came in, Sakho would be one of the 1st names on his teamsheet.

He'd be captain.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #684 on: September 12, 2015, 08:09:35 pm »
i wasnt convinced until i went in for a game of fifa there.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #685 on: September 12, 2015, 08:09:40 pm »
It's a shame that I lost faith in BR after the shambles that was last season's ending. It's a shame because the first half of his tenure (so far) went from promising to pretty fucking good. The second half, on the other hand, has been sort of shambolic. I don't hate him (like some do), I don't think he's a fraud (like some do), and I certainly won't resort to name calling and inventing nasty stuff against him - I just simply think he's been found out and he's currently out of his depth. The relationship's not working at all, and, if I'm honest, I always thought he should've been sacked during summer (or winter, here in the southern hemisphere ;D)

Thing is, as much as I'd like Klopp - I don't think there's any guarantee FSG is going to go after him. What if they sack BR and get Sean Dyche? Or Garry Monk? Or Eddie Howe? What if we end up with a (sort of) Rodgers 2.0? Would that be an upgrade?

In any case, regarding this very match: I though it was between boring and dreadful. At least Benteke scored one hell of a goal!

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #686 on: September 12, 2015, 08:09:57 pm »
I was actually curbing my anger with regards to Rodgers for fear of being banned but the mods are posting far angrier post than I ever could.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:01 pm »
I don't blame them for today. I blame them for the past 3+ years. Any manager that could defend would have produced a title with the attack that we had two years ago.
Not their fault then. :wave

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:02 pm »
The worst thing is that I can't really see a lightat the end of the tunnel.
We might have a good spell for some time in the season but it will then turn to shit again.Like last season.

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:02 pm »
Some one needs to sit Brendan down and show him videos of Swansea 11/12, Liverpool 12/13 and Liverpool 13/14. He seems to have completely lost his identity. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those fans that has been waiting for him to slip up so I can put the boot in, we should all be behind him while he is manager. But come on lad, time to get back to what you were doing right. We've got the players, use them, and use them right.

Ironically the team he was promoted with, now managed by his club captain, have stayed true to that attacking mentality and managed to beat the Mancs last time out.

Not sure what's happened to Brendan, he's either trying to be too clever in solving our issues or he's lost the plot. Square pegs yet again today, it just has to stop.

Offline eugf

• Kemlynite
« Reply #690 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:04 pm »
Rodgers: 'The only positive for me is that we had a defeat here last year and we got better.'

Are you fucking shitting me?! He needs to go asap. Always thought he wasn't Liverpool standard, he was a mid-table manager at best who had one good season at Swansea. Never said this on the forum as the die-hards with rose tinted glasses are always quick on the defence but today's the day 99% of fans give up on him and rightly so. FSG have absolutely no balls, they love him because he's a brown nose yes-man.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:14 pm »
Id still keep Rodgers though. He has been poor but dunno it doesnt sit right sacking him. He needs to improve big time though. Maybe review again in November.

Tell you what doesn't sit right with me, getting battered by Stoke, West Ham and one of the worst United sides I've ever fucking seen.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:25 pm »
At least under Hodgson and Kenny we would raise our game vs United, but today (and our last few games) have been shocking.
Our team does actually have quality...however all that is useless without a manager who knows how to get the best out of that quality and somebody who can inspire the team.

Time to move on Brendan.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:31 pm »
Put them on the pitch together. Looking back at it now, the real question is how did we not win the league that season with 2 of the top 3 strikers in the league playing 80% of the season together.
we didn't win the league because rodgers can't set up a defence to save is life. Hasn't improved at all

We are regularly getting smashed by teams now.

Should have went after the embarrassment of stoke.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #694 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:31 pm »
Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez, Lucas, Can, Milner, Firmino, Ings, Benteke + Rodgers

Is this one of the most average players and management team we have in the longest time?

No, think back to Hodgson. Konchesky and Poulsen were the stuff of nightmares. But then again he didn't have fucking hundreds of millions to spunk on the squad.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:33 pm »
Again in the press conference:  "We showed good character to get back on the front foot".

"We lost here last year, but we didn't lose as badly this time, so that is positive".

Please tell me thats a joke!!!!!!!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:36 pm »
That fucking hurt. No desire, no fight, just shite.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:38 pm »
Although the gobshite Ashley Young performed his usual spread-his-legs-move to accentuate the fall, Brendan nearly convinced me it wasn't a foul there. Soz Bren, but I'd have called for it if it was the other way.

Offline rushs-tash

• Kopite
  • "If you do X, Y & Z - Bob's your uncle"
« Reply #698 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:46 pm »
Woeful. The players looked lost, couldn't string two passes together. Danny Ings on the wing was a joke, even when one down, it's still Benteke on his own who looked isolated all game. Skrtel, Lovren and Mignolet giving us those twitchy moments too. Can was inept, just an utterly baffling and weak showing by the Team.

At least Sky have their new 'Agueroooo' moment from Martin Tyler...  ???

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:46 pm »
I was actually curbing my anger with regards to Rodgers for fear of being banned but the mods are posting far angrier post than I ever could.
Think they realise the guy is useless
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: September 12, 2015, 08:10:50 pm »
I've been on this forum for about 7 or 8 years now, and I've never seen a thread with as many posts wanting a change as far as a manager goes. Not since Hodgson's last days at least. Not good.

Agree. It's not good. It's not unexpected though. We were on a low when last season ended and the last couple of results have put us right back where we ended 14/15. Will be very difficult to turn this around now.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #701 on: September 12, 2015, 08:11:15 pm »
He'd be captain.

Let's hope we get Klopp in before we lose Sakho in January then. It's fucking criminal the way he's been treated.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #702 on: September 12, 2015, 08:11:20 pm »
Thing is this: sack Rodgers now and you're only 8 points off the top ......wait until November or December, then it will be far more. Nothing personal but he has had his time, he is a nearly man and we have had so many of them over the last 20 years .

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: September 12, 2015, 08:11:39 pm »

They have finally woken up to the fact that we have an incompetent prat in charge.

Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #704 on: September 12, 2015, 08:11:40 pm »
Tell you what doesn't sit right with me, getting battered by Stoke, West Ham and one of the worst United sides I've ever fucking seen.

Don't forget the embarrassment of the FA Cup semi against Tim Sherwoods god awful Villa team.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: September 12, 2015, 08:11:40 pm »
when they were 1-0 up and everyone was singing always the victim, I turned the telly off.

sick of brendan as well, whatever he had is lost
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #706 on: September 12, 2015, 08:11:44 pm »
predictable kneejerking in here.  two terrible teams, one of which made a few more idiotic mistakes than the other.  the performance wasn't great, but there's been worse LFC performances at OT over the years, and we were missing a lot of key players. 

still, fabulous goal by benteke, ibe was awesome in his cameo... the very worst thing to do now would be to throw everything up in the air by sacking the manager.  other than city, we still have as good a shot at top 4 as our rivals.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: September 12, 2015, 08:12:15 pm »
Sky can fuck off aswell, Martin Tyler is the fucking worst and Gary Neville should never be allowed to commentate on a Man Utd vs Liverpool match.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: September 12, 2015, 08:12:25 pm »
Laughable Milner is now captain of the club.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #709 on: September 12, 2015, 08:12:39 pm »
predictable kneejerking in here.  two terrible teams, one of which made a few more idiotic mistakes than the other.  the performance wasn't great, but there's been worse LFC performances at OT over the years, and we were missing a lot of key players. 

still, fabulous goal by benteke, ibe was awesome in his cameo... the very worst thing to do now would be to throw everything up in the air by sacking the manager.  other than city, we still have as good a shot at top 4 as our rivals.

Kneejerking? Give it a rest pal, you're impressing no one.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #710 on: September 12, 2015, 08:12:43 pm »
Ironically the team he was promoted with, now managed by his club captain, have stayed true to that attacking mentality and managed to beat the Mancs last time out.

Not sure what's happened to Brendan, he's either trying to be too clever in solving our issues or he's lost the plot. Square pegs yet again today, it just has to stop.

He's just been found out, that's really it. Monk has done a better job with as much if not less money to spend.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: September 12, 2015, 08:12:44 pm »
I know we're better than he can make us.

For me, it's over.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #712 on: September 12, 2015, 08:12:49 pm »
If Klopp came in, Sakho would be one of the 1st names on his teamsheet.

Why would any decent manager come........we have a bang average squad, no leaders and very few flair players. We have fallen to mid-table dross and no decent manager would touch us.
#JFT97

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: September 12, 2015, 08:12:50 pm »
This is a standard Rodgers away performance. Idiots defend this crap. He has to go.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #714 on: September 12, 2015, 08:12:54 pm »

"We lost here last year, but we didn't lose as badly this time, so that is positive".

That has to be an old Roy Hodgson interview. If that in any way a BR quote then his letter of resignation has to be on the owners desk by start of business Monday.

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite
« Reply #715 on: September 12, 2015, 08:12:55 pm »
No, I think we need to be fair. Rodgers found a way to use Suarez and Sturridge. He made it possible for them to be perhaps the best attacking duo the league has seen in decades. That's not easy. It required a good manager. But since Suarez left, we have really lost it. Not just him, but the style of play, our confidence, our identity,... everything. We have added fifteen players, for 150M+ and managed to get a lot worse.

Sort of agree, but playing two strikers isn't exactly unheard of in football, it's just common sense to me. The feeling is more and more that 13/14 happened because we temporarily moved away from Rodgers philosophy, rather than as a result of it.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: September 12, 2015, 08:13:07 pm »

Has he really said that? That's the same level as Hodgson's "utopia to win here". No wonder the team has no fucking fight in it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #717 on: September 12, 2015, 08:13:10 pm »
The reaction you see here towards the manager( no shit, totally understandable) will be almost the same at the ground( if it isn't already). He has simply lost the fans and that's the beginning of the end. Owners should have known that and shown him the door last summer.

Nothing to do with the Utd loss. At the first defeat and especially if it's accompanied by an awful perormance, most people would start moaning and asking him to be sacked. That was the outcome of the horrendous last season and the Stoke result.

He hasn't done himself any favours at all with team selections and lack of planning and again I wonder, why so bloody rigid? That's not him. Not his ideas.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: September 12, 2015, 08:13:13 pm »
Rodgers' sounds clueless in his interview. They asked him about Ings on the left and he just had no answer as to why he did it, or why he persisted with it, even though he acknowledged it was a "tough ask" of Ings.

Nothing new. He sounded clueless in the post Bournemouth interview, but it was brushed over because we won.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: September 12, 2015, 08:13:15 pm »
predictable kneejerking in here. two terrible teams, one of which made a few more idiotic mistakes than the other.  the performance wasn't great, but there's been worse LFC performances at OT over the years, and we were missing a lot of key players. 

This post must be satire.