Author Topic: United 3-1 Liverpool FT  (Read 198821 times)

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
Re: United 3-1 Liverpool FT
« Reply #560 on: September 12, 2015, 07:57:36 pm »
More from Brendan Rodgers, speaking to Sky Sports:  "You are never happy when you lose a game, especially to your rival. The only positive for me is that we had a defeat here last year and we got better.

"The key for us is to initiate a game and create chances, that is something we need to be better at."

so the only positive is that once we lost to a team then played a bit better for the next few weeks? As if we're now a certainty to do it again? mental.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #561 on: September 12, 2015, 07:57:38 pm »
More from Brendan Rodgers, speaking to Sky Sports:  "You are never happy when you lose a game, especially to your rival. The only positive for me is that we had a defeat here last year and we got better.

"The key for us is to initiate a game and create chances, that is something we need to be better at."
I really do wonder what we did all week in training we go in to games without looking like scoring.

Offline luckyluke

• A proponent of intercourse during accelerated perambulation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super bonanza extravaganza
« Reply #562 on: September 12, 2015, 07:57:39 pm »
We aren't that good at playing footy. Which is a sad state for a football club overall.

Shit. :-[

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #563 on: September 12, 2015, 07:57:40 pm »

Oh fucking stop it Brendan.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #564 on: September 12, 2015, 07:57:43 pm »
Mike Gordon: "Hey Brendan. Just wanted to say that I saw the game and me and the guys here at FSG think you're doing an excellent job with that rope that we gave you during the summer.  Keep up the good work!"
And Ian is so proud of you he had a Harley custom built for you with your picture on almost every part of the bike.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: September 12, 2015, 07:57:51 pm »
Too much negativity involving the manager. Tactics and set up was shocking & confusing as has been the case recently but calling for his head so early is pointless as it isn't going to happen anytime soon. You can't perform like we did in a game of this magnitude but we didn't have the pace & agility to trouble them enough which isn't totally down to the manager. Back him until the end!

Nice try, Brendan!

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: September 12, 2015, 07:57:59 pm »
Sacking a manager mid-season is probably the most stupid thing any club can do. You bin the manager, you usually have to bin the backroom staff, then there will be players that the new manager doesn't like and they'll want to offload and bring new players in - all in the middle of a season, it's just mind-numbingly dim to do it.

It's rare that mid-season changes make everything great again. We've got our man. We need to stick by him and see how we get on across the season. We've a few high profile people missing and we've got people still bedding in. Knee-jerking and stamping our feet isn't going to help. We (And Manchester United) looked like pub teams in the first half, granted. But the second half was a lot better from us. On another day we'd have scored a couple of those that de Gea kept out.

Just wasn't to be, but there's plenty of football left to play this season. No need to be throwing the towel in this early.

Yet persisting with the manager who has failed so far has what benefits?

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #567 on: September 12, 2015, 07:58:04 pm »
Pretty much saying that Young and Herrera 'bought' the free kick and penalty. We were shite, regardless of whether those blatant fouls were 'bought' or not.

Young yes, Herrera no.

My problem was why did we not go at them in the first half they are crap. We just tried to be crapper.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #568 on: September 12, 2015, 07:58:06 pm »
Fat Sam is available for mid table teams.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: September 12, 2015, 07:58:07 pm »
'Too easy to hit Benteke'

Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, speaking to Sky Sports:  "I thought in the first half we defended well but had nowhere near enough quality and composure on the ball.

"We were disappointed with a couple of the goals. I never thought the free kick was a free-kick. Penalty, I think Herrera has done well, young Joe Gomez will learn he has to stay on his feet.

"We got back into the game with a brilliant goal but then we concede a disappointed third and that kills is.

"We need to be a lot technically better than we showed today. Over the first five games now creating goals is something we need to look at. It is too easy sometimes for us to go direct to Christian Benteke, who was excellent today.

"I have a group who will respond but we have to be technically better."

I'm Sorry But How was we excellent defensively in the first half? It was shambles and we was lucky United didn't pounce on our mistakes.

I love the fact he always say WE need to be more tactically well,  it's your fucking Job to implement the right tactics and very clearly he hasn't been doing that.

Pathetic shite.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: September 12, 2015, 07:58:10 pm »
That's a picture.
I assure you, it's a GIF

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: September 12, 2015, 07:58:19 pm »
Also if anyone can tell me what on earth Emre Can does, then I'd be most grateful. No pace, no power, no composure, piss poor.

Was our best player today I thought or atleast in the top 2 which isn't saying much.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: September 12, 2015, 07:58:28 pm »

Now he is talking like he is manager of QPR

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: September 12, 2015, 07:58:30 pm »
I want Rodgers to find his magic again, the one that gave us so much fun a couple of seasons ago. But we are digging a deeper and deeper hole and it's difficult to see that. We've gone from being an exciting side to being plain average with no direction.

You mean Luis?

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #574 on: September 12, 2015, 07:58:30 pm »
Some people bit harsh on here as usual. Fair enough to call for the manager to go if thats your prerogative but at least have a bit of fcking decorum in the manner of which you do it.

Anyway.... for anyone looking for positives we were without 3 (possibly 4 if you're a sakho fan) of our first team players.

Coutinho, hendo and sturridge are walking straight back into that team.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: September 12, 2015, 07:58:49 pm »
Appalling performance against the worst utd team I've ever seen.

I'm near ambivalent at this stage. Bren is on thin ice and rightfully so.

Offline Number23

• Kopite
« Reply #576 on: September 12, 2015, 07:58:50 pm »
I want to read this 180 page manifesto he gave to FSG.

Death by football he said.

Well and truly achieved. Now please leave.

Made me laugh out loud! Nice one.
Death by football [Rodgers] said. Well and truly achieved. Now please leave.

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #577 on: September 12, 2015, 07:58:52 pm »

Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, speaking to Sky Sports:  "I thought in the first half we defended well but had nowhere near enough quality and composure on the ball.

"We were disappointed with a couple of the goals. I never thought the free kick was a free-kick. Penalty, I think Herrera has done well, young Joe Gomez will learn he has to stay on his feet.

"We got back into the game with a brilliant goal but then we concede a disappointed third and that kills is.

"We need to be a lot technically better than we showed today. Over the first five games now creating goals is something we need to look at. It is too easy sometimes for us to go direct to Christian Benteke, who was excellent today.

Manager of marketting,  EMC, 2016.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: September 12, 2015, 07:58:58 pm »
It's got to the point where I can't bear to listen to or look at our manager. Never thought there'd ever be a day where that was the case   :(

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:03 pm »
Phillip Coutiniho is all but gone this summer

The last remaining piece of creative quality we have
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #580 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:08 pm »
Norwich a week tomorrow suddenly becomes the biggest game of Rodgers' career here. If he loses that then I think it's curtains for him.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:14 pm »
Why he keeps playing so many players out of position?

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #582 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:16 pm »
No doubt that Henderson, Coutinho and Sturridge will improve us but our defence needs to give us a chance to compete. The second we open up our  defenders start making individual errors for fun.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:18 pm »
Was our best player today I thought or atleast in the top 2 which isn't saying much.
Deffo. Surprised he's been mentioned.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:19 pm »
Time for Rodgers to go, should have been sacked after the Stoke debacle at the end of last season. Absolutely clueless, he got lucky with Suarez and Sturridge two seasons ago.

Get beat by a United side with Fellaini up front. Abysmal

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #585 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:22 pm »

Oddly enough, I thought he was one of the better ones out there today too.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:25 pm »
Every time he speaks he makes me want to volley my telly off the wall. I wish he'd just shut up.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #587 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:25 pm »
What did I say that's outlandish? benteke would flourish under Klopp because his tactics are better. Deal with it

Klopp even tried to buy Benteke a year or two ago.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:32 pm »
Some people bit harsh on here as usual. Fair enough to call for the manager to go if thats your prerogative but at least have a bit of fcking decorum in the manner of which you do it.

Anyway.... for anyone looking for positives we were without 3 (possibly 4 if you're a sakho fan) of our first team players. And your point is sorry ?

Coutinho, hendo and sturridge are walking straight back into that team.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:44 pm »
They aren't picking the formation today. Hardly blame them to be honest.
They hired a manager that was no where near qualified to manage LFC.
I blame our predicament entirely on FSG.

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:48 pm »
Isn't it rather damning that we concede 3 goals against a side as dire going forward as United?
It is indeed. Three shots on target and three goals. It's not as if they were peppering our goal with great efforts and Mignolet was keeping us in it. They're shit up front, barely threaten to score but get three goals handed to them on a platter

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:54 pm »
Whats the fucking point in playing Ings off the left? Shocking managerial choices.
And then when BR decides he needs support for Benteke he takes Ings off instead of Can who was dire. He could have put Origi on and retained Ings levels of energy and threat from midfield.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #592 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:57 pm »
Rodgers' sounds clueless in his interview. They asked him about Ings on the left and he just had no answer as to why he did it, or why he persisted with it, even though he acknowledged it was a "tough ask" of Ings.
Of course he's clueless. On the left he's playing a right-footed CB behind a winger - and those are both his most recent signings!

And don't even get me started on Milner. He's not half the player Kuyt was, yet he's the captain and the second most well-paid player in the history of the club.
Kuyt would have been a shite center mid, too.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #593 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:59 pm »
Reading this thread is as depressing as it should be, we're in trouble and we need to do something about it. The first half display was as bad as I've seen from us.

I'd been in the Rodgers should go camp since Stoke but once it was confirmed that he was staying, he's had my support and tonight I think FSG should tell him that he's got two games to turn it around. If something like that materialises, my heart tells me we should give him our support. But just say there's a chance that Klopp is available, surely there's not a lot to think about and we should be ruthless and act immediately.

I don't think that it's going to work out here for Rodgers, who in years to come could well prove himself, certainly Gerrard has written glowingly of his training methods but a club of our stature requires a proven winner, not a Hodgson or a Rodgers. The big question is how much time can you give him if damage is being done?

Big positive was Benteke's goal. Can't wait to see him with Sturridge.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #594 on: September 12, 2015, 08:00:02 pm »
Utter nonsense that mate. I've only ever wanted one Liverpool manager out in my life and that was Hodgson. I was even happy to give Rodgers another chance this season in the forlorn hope that maybe, just maybe he had learned something from last season's horror show. But alas, it's the same old shite week after week after week and I'm sick to fucking death of it.

Are you saying that nobody on RAWK wanted Kenny out. And nobody in the general fanbase? If I remember right there were plenty thinking he was yesterday's man.

My point is that there's no point shouting for a manager's head if you don't know who you are getting instead. I have been a supporter of Brendan but if I knew we were going to get a proven manager, for instance Klopp, I'd be in favour of a change. But we don't know who we would get, it seems foolish to want change for change sake.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #595 on: September 12, 2015, 08:00:04 pm »
Some one needs to sit Brendan down and show him videos of Swansea 11/12, Liverpool 12/13 and Liverpool 13/14. He seems to have completely lost his identity. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those fans that has been waiting for him to slip up so I can put the boot in, we should all be behind him while he is manager. But come on lad, time to get back to what you were doing right. We've got the players, use them, and use them right.

That's it for me. He isn't being true to himself.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #596 on: September 12, 2015, 08:00:09 pm »

Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool

Will someone shut him up ffs.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: September 12, 2015, 08:00:21 pm »
Whats the fucking point in playing Ings off the left? Shocking managerial choices.

Because he's desperately looking for players that can play wide. It was obvious to everyone else in the summer when we bought Benteke that we'd need some, and he sends Markovic off on loan.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: September 12, 2015, 08:00:33 pm »
They hired a manager that was no where near qualified to manage LFC.
I blame our predicament entirely on FSG.
Agree 100 percent
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #599 on: September 12, 2015, 08:00:39 pm »
Man Utd weren't anywhere near as shit as people are saying. It's not easy playing against a team that didn't want to play football.

Yes I think that's a fair point. We're lacking identity, ideas, pace , confidence , direction , so under the circumstances trying to escape with a draw was a reasonable plan. Utd didn't have to play at full pelt in the first half because we offered absolutely no threat going forward.

It's a great shame , I've always felt Rodgers would come good but it's mainly been heart over head . I'm not joining in the clamour for dismissal after 5 matches of a 38 match season but like many others I see very little positive to cling to

'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'