Author Topic: United 3-1 Liverpool FT  (Read 199867 times)

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: United 3-1 Liverpool FT
« Reply #640 on: September 12, 2015, 08:04:39 pm »
Norwich a week tomorrow suddenly becomes the biggest game of Rodgers' career here. If he loses that then I think it's curtains for him.

Bordeaux in the Europa League is a must win now. Rodgers needs to show some life.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #641 on: September 12, 2015, 08:04:40 pm »
It was clear in the summer that fresh ideas and a new direction were needed.

Looks like Sean O' Driscoll and Gary Mcallister weren't an inspired choice.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #642 on: September 12, 2015, 08:04:51 pm »
Probably our 2 undroppable centre backs. 

I'd have Joe Gomez alongside Sakho from now on, those two out there today are beyond awful.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #643 on: September 12, 2015, 08:05:08 pm »
have you become a fan since mid January 2011?

With Hodgson I was just apathetic at what he said, whereas Rodgers just stirs up this anger in me when he speaks.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: September 12, 2015, 08:05:10 pm »
Id still keep Rodgers though. He has been poor but dunno it doesnt sit right sacking him. He needs to improve big time though. Maybe review again in November.
Needs to win multiple games in a row. Just can't see that happening.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: September 12, 2015, 08:05:12 pm »
They took a gamble that nearly worked at one point and have backed the manager. They ain't to blame for today Ffs.
I don't blame them for today. I blame them for the past 3+ years. Any manager that could defend would have produced a title with the attack that we had two years ago.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: September 12, 2015, 08:05:54 pm »
I've been on this forum for about 7 or 8 years now, and I've never seen a thread with as many posts wanting a change as far as a manager goes. Not since Hodgson's last days at least. Not good.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: September 12, 2015, 08:06:06 pm »
I'd have Joe Gomez alongside Sakho from now on, those two out there today are beyond awful.

Im hoping he does it for the Europa game but he wont.  He'll keep playing them hoping they get better which isnt gonna happen.  Lovren could lose a leg and he'd still pick him.

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: September 12, 2015, 08:06:20 pm »
Bang average, Harry said. The worst Liverpool team he's ever seen. Got to agree, gutted.
You know you're in trouble when a man, famous for letting his dog handle his finances, is right about your team.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #649 on: September 12, 2015, 08:06:26 pm »
Time for a change.

Gutless. Best chance to roll a poor United not managed by that cretin Moyes and we bottled it. Players being picked by a manager because they are his players, in spite of being inferior, and players being played out of position.

Needs fucking for that first-half performance. Absolutely pathetic.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: September 12, 2015, 08:06:38 pm »
Id still keep Rodgers though. He has been poor but dunno it doesnt sit right sacking him. He needs to improve big time though. Maybe review again in November.
He's had more reviews than Amazon. Guy is an amateur both in tactics and the transfer market.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: September 12, 2015, 08:06:45 pm »
We play in the Europa League before that.

Good thing we'll prioritize the Norwich fixture. Rodgers's biggest game since the playoff final.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: September 12, 2015, 08:06:51 pm »
Possibly but that doesn't he wasn't appalling.
Odd that Milner seems to be getting a free pass then

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: September 12, 2015, 08:06:52 pm »
Well, he clearly recognises the problems, but the fundamental issue with us needing to show more composure on the ball was the deep, defensive set-up killing almost any chance of a build-up in the first half before it begins. You've got to help the players help themselves.

Still a lot of work to do on the balance.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: September 12, 2015, 08:06:52 pm »
Well that was dogs hit.

What made Rodgers think he could keep it tight for 90 mins with Skrtel, Lovren and a child at left back?

Don't make me go into the prematch and dig out your quotes.

You're a fucking snake pal.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: September 12, 2015, 08:06:59 pm »
Is this the moment when we find out whether the owners see us a a perennial mid table team or a team that lives up to its fantastic history of success and trophy winning? The Suarez season seems an awful long time ago now!

For me Brendan has had enough time. That was a dismal game, one of the worst I have seen between us and Utd. Where is the fight and desire in this team? We looked toothless and clueless and lacking any desire. Very poor  :no

The owners backed him in the summer which a lot of people wanted to happen.  They aren't going to sack him at least until Christmas unless things really go off the rails. 

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #656 on: September 12, 2015, 08:07:04 pm »
No, I think we need to be fair. Rodgers found a way to use Suarez and Sturridge. He made it possible for them to be perhaps the best attacking duo the league has seen in decades. That's not easy. It required a good manager. But since Suarez left, we have really lost it. Not just him, but the style of play, our confidence, our identity,... everything. We have added fifteen players, for 150M+ and managed to get a lot worse.

What?
A fucking blind squirrel could have got Suarez and Sturridge playing well together. It looks like this: pick them both. Sit back and watch.

Since Suarez left we have proved what many thought, particular non Liverpool fans- we were a one man team, and that man wasn't the manager.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: September 12, 2015, 08:07:05 pm »
His management of Joe Gomez is criminal. How Moreno didn't start today I don't know

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #658 on: September 12, 2015, 08:07:08 pm »

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #659 on: September 12, 2015, 08:07:28 pm »
I've been on this forum for about 7 or 8 years now, and I've never seen a thread with as many posts wanting a change as far as a manager goes. Not since Hodgson's last days at least. Not good.

I've never seen the mods so vocal about it, or letting posters be so vocal about it. Brendan's in trouble.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: September 12, 2015, 08:07:29 pm »
Needs to win multiple games in a row. Just can't see that happening.
He needs to read the job description he is manager of Liverpool Football Club FFS so winning multiple games gets himm to where come on !
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: September 12, 2015, 08:07:30 pm »
Why didn't Sakho start by the way? Better than both Skrtel and Lovren.

Offline Ziggy09

• Kopite
  • No Retreat, No Surrender
    • KZFLP - Health & Skincare
« Reply #662 on: September 12, 2015, 08:07:41 pm »
I think our biggest problem is that we don't know what to do with the ball when we win it, so we keep losing it. Skrtel and Lovren have no options.
The movement is shocking.

Id say the option is now to hit it up to Benteke but its been drilled into them for the last 3 years to just pass, pass, pass along the floor. I even think its a fine for conceding a throw in. Only that can explain some of Lovren's woeful play!
Roll up you sleeves and start to dance boys, for happiness is rare in a poor man's life!

Dedication. Determination. Perfection.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: September 12, 2015, 08:07:42 pm »

Towards the end ROY spoke out of his arse week in week out. Brendan is doing the same now
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #664 on: September 12, 2015, 08:07:58 pm »

It was all Suarez after all heh. Tactical Genius my hairy white arse.
It really is looking that way! I think I know what's going to happen...

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: September 12, 2015, 08:08:02 pm »
No, I think we need to be fair. Rodgers found a way to use Suarez and Sturridge. He made it possible for them to be perhaps the best attacking duo the league has seen in decades. That's not easy. It required a good manager. But since Suarez left, we have really lost it. Not just him, but the style of play, our confidence, our identity,... everything. We have added fifteen players, for 150M+ and managed to get a lot worse.

Put them on the pitch together. Looking back at it now, the real question is how did we not win the league that season with 2 of the top 3 strikers in the league playing 80% of the season together.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: September 12, 2015, 08:08:05 pm »
I've never seen the mods so vocal about it, or letting posters be so vocal about it. Brendan's in trouble.
Was just thinking the same
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline L7S

• Kopite
« Reply #667 on: September 12, 2015, 08:08:09 pm »
Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez, Lucas, Can, Milner, Firmino, Ings, Benteke + Rodgers

Is this one of the most average players and management team we have in the longest time?

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #668 on: September 12, 2015, 08:08:27 pm »

If Klopp came in, Sakho would be one of the 1st names on his teamsheet.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: September 12, 2015, 08:08:28 pm »

But worst for me was Firmino. Wow, we were excited to sign him? Well I was anyway. No energy. Doesnt run or chase back (did it once in the second half). Poor passing. With Coutinho out, he was our main man to create and he did nothing. Worse than that, he didn't even put in any effort. Really disappointed with him. I know its just his second start but the minimum you except if hard work and he lacked it big time.

Played out of position for the entire game, and the previous few games. That's not his fault.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: September 12, 2015, 08:08:30 pm »

Sakho Agger

There my CB pairing
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: September 12, 2015, 08:08:31 pm »
His management of Joe Gomez is criminal. How Moreno didn't start today I don't know

His management of a good few players is criminal, Gomez, Moreno, Markovic, Balotelli, Sakho, Agger, Reina the list goes on.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #672 on: September 12, 2015, 08:08:31 pm »
"Brendan Rodgers' vision of football is all about goals. goals goals goals, give him goalscorers and he'd stun you"

Fuck off with this Mythical tripe.

Worst football I've seen since we lost to Wolves on Boxing day with Hodge

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #673 on: September 12, 2015, 08:08:40 pm »
I'd say that was a poor man's Swansea if we had not spent some £300m, it looked like Swansea if they'd come up and not spent a penny.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: September 12, 2015, 08:08:47 pm »

We where still utter shit at the back though.  If he had any idea how to organise a defence we'd have won the league with games to spare.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: September 12, 2015, 08:08:49 pm »
Anyone who was at the West Ham game knows he's lost the fans. He's a bluffer and deep down we all know it. Pity but there you are. We move on.

Again in the press conference:  "We showed good character to get back on the front foot".

"We lost here last year, but we didn't lose as badly this time, so that is positive".

To me that is a mentality issue, it doesn't seem to hurt him to lose as much as it does some managers.  That is something, deep down, the players know.  If "showing good character" is the shite on show today, why bother to try harder?  Some will do it for the fans, the Gerrards, the Lucases.  The guys who have had the good times and know what they take - but there are an awful lot of chancers at Liverpool at the moment, £300m worth of them.  There is plenty of clay to make something good, lots of top players, but it's utterly disjointed. 

From a 'rival fan' point of view, I'm happy for him to stay as long as possible, and that should say a lot in itself.  That said, a lot of my best mates are LFC fans, and I have a soft spot for the club - so there definitely need more improvements before Xmas, otherwise you've got a season to cheer this bollocks.  Problem is that it's too early for a change, yet surely a third season of the same can't be possible.  There must be a plan - yet after another bumper summer transfer window you end up with Ings and Gomez down one side. 

It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: September 12, 2015, 08:08:56 pm »
Christ, that tells you something. He was about a 5/10 today.
Suggestion that he should have been subbed is wrong imo. Milner deffo, Firmino (wasn't getting the ball) and Ings was wasted.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #677 on: September 12, 2015, 08:09:00 pm »

at least go out and buy Suarez lite? no? keep the same style? ok you lose those two but there are similar style players!!!  unfortunately we're more likely to sack the backroom staff again before Rodgers goes :/

Online has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: September 12, 2015, 08:09:01 pm »
in years gone by I would have been raging about the performance, its just normality to us now and really no end in sight. beneteke's goal was another top drawer moment  but the enjoyment of that lasted seconds as our defence feel asleep under for the umpteenth time.

im sorry, for Brendan its a question of when and not if. he cant seem to inspire our players anymore and this doesn't seem like a blip.

on the plus side, we are still above the plastics. you get the feeling they can dig themselves out of a hole though.
- all in my opinion of course -

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: September 12, 2015, 08:09:16 pm »
Well, he clearly recognises the problems, but the fundamental issue with us needing to show more composure on the ball was the deep, defensive set-up killing almost any chance of a build-up in the first half before it begins. You've got to help the players help themselves.

This. As I said earlier, Xavi or Zidane in their primes wouldn't have helped this team in the 1st half the way we set up.