Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 624860 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #3360 on: July 18, 2017, 07:03:56 pm »
NBA Nike Jerseys announcement

Coinciding with the introduction of the new uniforms, the NBA is eliminating its “Home” and “Road” uniform designations. Beginning with the 2017-18 season, home teams will pick which of their uniforms will be worn at all home games and visiting teams will choose a contrasting uniform within their own assortment.

Because of this change, Nike and the NBA worked together to create four core uniforms for each team, classified as “editions,” which draw from the rich heritage of the NBA and its respective franchises.

The Association Edition, the traditional home white uniform that all 30 teams will have in their assortment, links them as members of the most exclusive basketball club in the world. It represents an achievement that most athletes have worked their entire lives to reach.

The Icon Edition, previously known as the road uniform, represents the rich heritage and iconic identity that exists within each franchise. This edition utilizes the team’s primary color, a color that dominates the closets of the most diehard fans.

Also this season, eight NBA teams will have a Classic Edition uniform that will be available in the fall. The Classic Edition celebrates some of the most iconic uniforms in league history and can be worn at each team’s discretion.

-------------------

so glad nike is back. also happy that sleeves are gone, for good (hopefully)!

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3361 on: July 18, 2017, 08:52:29 pm »
Look smart a few of the new jerseys. Hornets made by Jordan obviously
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3362 on: July 19, 2017, 02:59:38 am »
If the Spurs can offload Aldridge then, for basketball reasons, LeBron should view going there as a no brainier in 2018.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3363 on: July 19, 2017, 03:35:17 am »
If the Spurs can offload Aldridge then, for basketball reasons, LeBron should view going there as a no brainier in 2018.

I'd be a very very happy man

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3364 on: July 20, 2017, 08:21:09 pm »
Rose for 2m is a really good pick up for the Cavs if it happens. Obviously it doesn't alter stuff defensively but Deron was trash in the finals. Could be an awesome 6th man, he's still reasonably explosive and good in the paint. A good scoring option. Sounds like the Lakers want him and can offer more though so we'll see.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3365 on: July 21, 2017, 04:53:51 pm »
Uninterrupted is a great NBA short film/documentary channel on youtube. Just saw this 15 mins part with JJ Reddick which gives a lot about free agency, families etc insight. I really wish there were more quality videos like this. You won't be disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQMexGnud4Q

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3366 on: July 21, 2017, 05:00:18 pm »
How are the Bulls looking? In my sporting time Basketball is flagging behind (obviously) footie, rugby league and NFL.

Tried to keep up last year, know we got beat easy by the Cavs come crunch time...... fuckin Le Bron

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3367 on: July 21, 2017, 06:22:24 pm »
How are the Bulls looking? In my sporting time Basketball is flagging behind rugby league
Thats a mistake cos that game is shithouse played by cockhead New South Welshman running in a straight line until concussed or they get suspended for drug use or beating up their mrs.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3368 on: July 21, 2017, 07:44:40 pm »
Andrew Wiggins and Wolves working on 5 year extension 148 million  :-X

Chris Mannix: Anthony Davis to Boston in  June 2018

Wojnarowski: LeBron's camp reaching out to Lakers

76ers' 2nd Rounder Jonah Bolden Agrees To Sign With Maccabi

Otto Porter Wasn't Offended By John Wall's Lobbying For Paul George

Luis Montero Agrees To Two-Way Deal With Pistons

Grizzlies Agree To Three-Year Deal With Dillon Brooks

Nuggets Sign Monte Morris To Two-Way Contract

Rockets Offered J.J. Redick More Money Than 76ers

Derrick Rose, Cavs Holding Serious Talks On One-Year Deal

Raptors To Play DeMar DeRozan More At Point Guard

Shane Larkin, Celtics Agree Upon Deal

Nets Sign Yakuba Ouattara To Two-Way Contract

Udonis Haslem Agrees To One-Year Deal With Heat

Carmelo Anthony Won't Waive No-Trade For Blazers

Clippers Expecting More Ball Movement Without Chris Paul

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #3369 on: July 21, 2017, 08:06:58 pm »
Uninterrupted is a great NBA short film/documentary channel on youtube. Just saw this 15 mins part with JJ Reddick which gives a lot about free agency, families etc insight. I really wish there were more quality videos like this. You won't be disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQMexGnud4Q

Thanks for the heads up+ updates! :wave
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3370 on: July 21, 2017, 08:25:03 pm »
Thanks for the heads up+ updates! :wave

no probem man, hope you liked that short documentary.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3371 on: July 21, 2017, 09:09:49 pm »
Kyrie has asked for a trade, per Windhorst.

The request came last week and was made to Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert. Irving has expressed that he wants to play in a situation where he can be more of a focal point and that he no longer wants to play alongside LeBron James, sources said.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3372 on: July 21, 2017, 09:15:35 pm »
Kyrie has asked for a trade, per Windhorst.

The request came last week and was made to Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert. Irving has expressed that he wants to play in a situation where he can be more of a focal point and that he no longer wants to play alongside LeBron James, sources said.

so the report says he doesn't want to play with Lebron anymore and he wants to be option 1 in a team, I wonder if that's the case or he knows/thinks Lebron is leaving next year so he doesn't want to stick around. Maybe he is just sick of the city. Quite surprising news to me. Maybe a Toronto trade with Lowry going the other way?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3373 on: July 21, 2017, 09:26:33 pm »
so the report says he doesn't want to play with Lebron anymore and he wants to be option 1 in a team, I wonder if that's the case or he knows/thinks Lebron is leaving next year so he doesn't want to stick around. Maybe he is just sick of the city. Quite surprising news to me. Maybe a Toronto trade with Lowry going the other way?
was thinking the knicks with melo and the knicks taking some of the shite off the caves/unprotected 1st goes their way.

Get the feeling this is because kyrie knows Lebron is off next summer tho

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3374 on: July 21, 2017, 10:00:26 pm »
was thinking the knicks with melo and the knicks taking some of the shite off the caves/unprotected 1st goes their way.

Get the feeling this is because kyrie knows Lebron is off next summer tho

Looks like Spurs, Knicks, Heat and Minnesota are the 4 teams he told them as his preferred destinations.

Kyrie-Melo trade can be a big steal for the Knicks. Spurs would be wise choice for his career but they don't have much to trade, unless there is a 3rd team involved and Aldridge is traded to a 3rd team and Cavs get a player from them.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3375 on: July 21, 2017, 10:20:09 pm »
Im about to lose my shit,PLEASEEEEE GET HIM AT SAN ANTONIO

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3376 on: July 21, 2017, 10:25:33 pm »
Im about to lose my shit,PLEASEEEEE GET HIM AT SAN ANTONIO
;D
We can use a backup PG at Warriors :P

Seriously though, i think if i was a Cavs fan, I'd be annoyed with the news because of the timing.
Cavs could have gotten CP3, Paul George, Butler if he had told this earlier.

At this speed I am curious who will be Eastern All Stars next season. Watch Calderon to make it 8)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3377 on: July 21, 2017, 10:32:13 pm »

At this speed I am curious who will be Eastern All Stars next season. Watch Calderon to make it 8)

;D

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3379 on: July 21, 2017, 10:56:50 pm »
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Done this

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y965v552

Where will Porzingis play if they get Aldridge though. Now that Kyrie mentioned the Knicks among the preferred destinations, i think they will go for Kyrie with a help of 3rd team. If they pull this, Phil Jackson would lose his mind ;D

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3380 on: July 21, 2017, 11:19:22 pm »
Where will Porzingis play if they get Aldridge though. Now that Kyrie mentioned the Knicks among the preferred destinations, i think they will go for Kyrie with a help of 3rd team. If they pull this, Phil Jackson would lose his mind ;D
a fun 4 team one

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybuntaj5

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3381 on: July 22, 2017, 12:15:14 am »
Looks like Spurs, Knicks, Heat and Minnesota are the 4 teams he told them as his preferred destinations.

Kyrie-Melo trade can be a big steal for the Knicks. Spurs would be wise choice for his career but they don't have much to trade, unless there is a 3rd team involved and Aldridge is traded to a 3rd team and Cavs get a player from them.

Please. Pretty please. Pretty please with a cherry on top. Bring in Kyrie in exchange for Melo. I'll forgive Dolan for all the shenanigans over the last two decades. Okay maybe just most of them. Honest.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3382 on: July 22, 2017, 03:30:43 am »
If he goes to the Knicks, he's lost his mind, no offense Doc Flip Flop.

At this rate, the lot of us here will make the All Star Team in the East

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3383 on: July 22, 2017, 03:42:01 am »
Thats a mistake cos that game is shithouse played by cockhead New South Welshman running in a straight line until concussed or they get suspended for drug use or beating up their mrs.

Eh?

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3384 on: July 22, 2017, 08:30:01 am »
Bit esoteric that... let's just say rugby league is shit and leave it at that.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #3385 on: July 22, 2017, 08:43:32 am »
If you are Melo, with a NTC and two years left on his contact, do you head to a team that seems to be crumbling. At this point, it looks like Lebron is gone after this season. Houston still has it's core after this season, even if CP leaves. Where does Melo play with the Cavs? At the 4? Love goes to the 5? That would be a mess. Melo at the 3, Love at 4 and TT at 5? You can't waste Lebron guarding the majority of 2s. Melo sure isn't guarding them. It's strange that a scorer of Melo's ability is such a liability to teams competing for a title in the modern playing style.

Also, if you are the Cavs, no way just Melo gets that deal done. Declining, below-average efficient scorer, that plays horrid defense on a max-contract. I would be brazen enough to demand KP and Melo.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3386 on: July 22, 2017, 01:27:39 pm »
If he goes to the Knicks, he's lost his mind, no offense Doc Flip Flop.

At this rate, the lot of us here will make the All Star Team in the East

Haha!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3387 on: July 22, 2017, 06:59:46 pm »
No no, you want LaMarcus, Danny Green and subway sandwich for Kyrie, please RC pull this off somehow

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3388 on: July 22, 2017, 07:07:17 pm »
John Wall, Wizards Agree Upon Four-Year, $170M Extension

John Wall and the Washington Wizards have agreed upon a four-year, $170 million extension.

Wall now is under contract for six years and $209 million.

Wall will receive a player option in Year 4 of the extension.

Wall qualified for the supermax after making an All-NBA team this season.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #3389 on: July 24, 2017, 06:37:48 pm »
Got to say happy with Lakers draft picks and the free agent signing of Caldwell-Pope.

Kuzma could be the sleeper pick, led the Lakers in scoring at 22 points per game while shooting a suoerb 48 percent from deep. He was routinely one of the best players on the court, showing skills in multiple facets of the game.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3390 on: July 25, 2017, 05:07:24 pm »
This LeBron/Kyrie situation is starting to get a bit messy:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ejPRZlOEDtc

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3391 on: July 25, 2017, 06:20:33 pm »
This LeBron/Kyrie situation is starting to get a bit messy:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ejPRZlOEDtc

Stephen A Smith is not a journalist or a reliable analyst, he is at ESPN purely for entertainment.
He is a clown but i gotta admit i watch him from time to time because it's fun at times. His so called "sources" are mostly crap as it was the case during KD's last few years at OKC. Lebron denied him on twitter and mocked that report. I bet Lebron is surprised at Kyrie's trade request but i don't think he is losing sleep over it. They will be Eastern conference champions regardless and lose to Warriors with or withour Kyrie anyways ;)

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Season 2016-17 Discussion
« Reply #3392 on: July 27, 2017, 11:20:02 pm »
I have a feeling once they get a good offer, they won't keep D'Angelo Russell. I assume prior to Paul George's arrival, so this is his last year unless he is traded after All star game. He had his chances anyways. Just how did thr Lakers fck it up by not drafting Porzingis (thank Lord it didn't happen)

Good call btw

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Season 2016-17 Discussion
« Reply #3393 on: July 29, 2017, 12:34:42 pm »
Kyrie has been stone cold for them over the last 18 months but at some stage his decision making is going to have to be questioned. Pull up 3s early in the shot clock, settling for long mid rangers. There are too many guys in the league that are better defenders, more efficient shooters, and better playmakers than Kyrie for him to be considered adequate support for LeBron; as it happens, 2.67 of these guys start for the Warriors. Tristan Thompson has been rendered an absolute liability. Everybody knows Love isn't a good fit. JR is probably the only untouchable given the scarcity of 3&D guys but could be upgraded.

If I'm them, I'm getting Boston on the phone and asking about Jae Crowder, I'm asking about Avery Bradley, I'm asking about Khris Middleton, I'm asking about Paul George, I'm asking about PJ Tucker, I'm asking about Pat Bev.

Had another post above getting Pat Bev earlier up this page but deleted it somehow when I went to quote it.

Anyway, sources saying Bev + DeAndre are in play for Kyrie.

Not sure if DeAndre is a good idea, and having all of DeAndre/TT/Love is a bit of a mess, but that's interesting. I can't remember any Clippers vs Ws games but DeAndre's suitability to the Cavs should be assessed by how well he can defend Curry on the pick and roll. Rim protection means nothing to me, in that series, because the Warriors will just move the ball, and defenders out of position, until DeAndre is hugging Klay on the perimeter and KD can flick away pesky little JR while going to the rim.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #3394 on: July 29, 2017, 11:05:42 pm »

first time i've actually listened to Lavar Ball on TV after reading his comments.
Damn, now i hate him even more ;D i like that Stephen A Smith gave him some heat.

Diss track from Shaq.   :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QeaRxgNe_Y0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QeaRxgNe_Y0</a>

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3395 on: July 29, 2017, 11:26:54 pm »
Diss track from Shaq.   :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QeaRxgNe_Y0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QeaRxgNe_Y0</a>

;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3396 on: July 29, 2017, 11:29:04 pm »
Good call btw
Thank you, it was gonna happen. The kid couldn't motivate himself after that "videogate" and i think he was a bit of a problem in the locker room.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3397 on: July 30, 2017, 10:50:42 pm »
Thank you, it was gonna happen. The kid couldn't motivate himself after that "videogate" and i think he was a bit of a problem in the locker room.
Yeah maybe. He's spoken publicly of how the Nets, as an organisation, have more structure and rigidity about them (with the implication that he'll fit better into that environment) compared to the lax Lakers set up. I think it'll do him some good.

Now that he's not on the Lakers I'm starting to like him more and he's a great centrepiece for the Nets organisation; I think he automatically lifts them up from dead last in the 'current and future prospects' list to above Orlando. The Knicks, Pistons, Pacers and especially Bulls aren't too far ahead.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3398 on: August 11, 2017, 08:59:38 pm »
news time..

Knicks Exercise Fourth Year Option On Kristaps Porzingis

Knicks, Rockets Resume Carmelo Anthony Trade Discussions

Tony Parker Could Return From Quad Injury Around Jan. 1

NBA To Approve Rules On Player-Resting

Warriors-Cavs, Rockets-Thunder Highlight NBA's Christmas Day Schedule

Warriors-Rockets, Cavs-Celtics To Open NBA's 17-18 Season

LeBron James Developing Scripted Show For HBO On Sneaker Culture

Zach Randolph Arrested On Marijuana Possession Charge

Patrick Patterson Undergoes Arthroscopic Knee Surgery

Bucks Sell Jersey Sponsorship To Harley-Davidson

Anthony Davis Was Assured By Pelicans He Wouldn't Be Traded

David Blatt Continues To Seek NBA Return

Michael Beasley Signs One-Year, $2.1M Deal With Knicks

Ty Lawson Agrees Upon $2.4M Deal With Shandong

Lakeland Magic Hire Anthony Parker As GM, Stan Heath As Head Coach

Blazers Sign CJ Wilcox To Two-Way Deal

Donatas Motiejunas Agrees To One-Year, $3M Deal With Shandong

Ben McLemore Out 12 Weeks With Broken Foot

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3399 on: August 15, 2017, 05:00:26 pm »
Reports saying Cavs asked to trade Kyrie for Porzingis but then backed out since they will have to take Noah's 55M 3 years remaining contract.