Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 630500 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #8960 on: May 22, 2024, 08:48:04 am »
Just putting this here. ;D

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8961 on: May 22, 2024, 02:30:54 pm »
they were a proper inbound away from going 0-1, bitter knicks fans are hilarious.

Brilliant peformance on the road, they showed they can hang with the healthy celtics quieting the injury obsessed doubters. Gutted they should have closed it out, choked a bit unfortunately with the inbounds pass and some turnovers but they're a very young team so it can happen, bring on game 2!.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 02:47:22 pm by LiverLuke »

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #8962 on: May 22, 2024, 09:17:49 pm »
Going to be almost impossible for the Pacers now. When you hang 117 in regulation in your opponents building and you still don’t win that’s tough. Problem is Indy are traffic cones on defence and the refs will be in Boston’s pocket so it puts a lot of pressure on every shot. A 20 free throw discrepancy is absurd.

Pacers had the numbers last night but not the will. The coverage on the Brown 3-pointer at the end of the 4th quarter was puzzling and the Pacers turned it over 21 times as well. If they're going to take any positives out of the game, it's that they were the ones to lose it. Minimize the turnovers and they win that game. We'll see how they respond in Game 2.

Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8963 on: May 23, 2024, 05:21:11 am »
Pacers had the numbers last night but not the will. The coverage on the Brown 3-pointer at the end of the 4th quarter was puzzling and the Pacers turned it over 21 times as well. If they're going to take any positives out of the game, it's that they were the ones to lose it. Minimize the turnovers and they win that game. We'll see how they respond in Game 2.

When you shoot over 50% from the floor you have to come away with those games in my opinion. Not fouling Brown when he was going to chuck it up was a huge mistake. In that situation you have to make him make the free throws.

Good win for the Mavs. Irving and Doncic had massive games as you’d expect. Edwards and Towns inefficient.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #8964 on: May 23, 2024, 08:26:40 am »
Edwards wanted Kyrie well he got him. Be careful what you ask for young fella. Kyrie is a step up from Murray for sure

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8965 on: May 24, 2024, 03:29:32 am »
Pacers defence isn’t good enough. They’re just a revolving door at that end.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #8966 on: May 24, 2024, 01:42:21 pm »
Pacers are done can see this being a sweep unless Celtics play poop in a game

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8967 on: May 25, 2024, 04:59:06 am »
I think the Wolves have a better chance to come back than the Pacers but I think they’ve no chance of winning the finals. The emotional energy from needing to get rid of the Nuggets in 7 seems to be effecting them already. They’re going to need 7 here again if they make it and that’s going to leave them absolutely cooked against a Celtics team that have barely been stressed at all.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #8968 on: May 25, 2024, 11:16:30 am »
Brilliant game. Watched it in the morning. Why do you think wolves can come back. Luka and Kyrie are a step up from Joker and Murray. Edwards looks gassed and Kat doesn't have that toughness needed

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8969 on: May 25, 2024, 08:09:04 pm »
Brilliant game. Watched it in the morning. Why do you think wolves can come back. Luka and Kyrie are a step up from Joker and Murray. Edwards looks gassed and Kat doesn't have that toughness needed

I don’t think they will but I’d say if either team was to come back from 2-0 down it’s the Timberwolves. Their best players have been shooting tour dates and they’ve still been close.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8970 on: May 25, 2024, 11:41:24 pm »
The flipside is that the Mavericks only made 6 of 25 three pointers in game 1, and in game 2 Irving only had 7 points at 3q time, but they still won both.

Those deadline trades for Gafford and Washington were genius. I think they can go all the way.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8971 on: May 26, 2024, 01:09:48 am »
Thing with the Mavs is they can go on these 10, 15, 20-point runs with no warning so you can never feel safe against them, and that was in the regular season even before Gafford and Washington joined and the stars hiked up their defence. But are they an easier or harder match up than the Wolves in the final?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8972 on: May 26, 2024, 09:04:22 am »
Pacers just as I thought.

Very very lucky to be still playing this far in May.

Easy for the Celtics.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #8973 on: May 26, 2024, 09:10:48 am »
I put a bet on mavs at start of playoffs to win the lot. Starting to feel confident. Basically Luka and Kyrie backcourt compo is a nuclear weapon to deal with. Gafford Lively Washford Jones bring the energy. I also had one on knicks to get to the finals but the injury to OG was one to far. Thibs is my favourite coach. Old school guy gets everything out of his players
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 09:13:20 am by DiggerJohn »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8974 on: May 26, 2024, 10:11:35 am »
I put a bet on mavs at start of playoffs to win the lot. Starting to feel confident. Basically Luka and Kyrie backcourt compo is a nuclear weapon to deal with. Gafford Lively Washford Jones bring the energy. I also had one on knicks to get to the finals but the injury to OG was one to far. Thibs is my favourite coach. Old school guy gets everything out of his players

Thibodeau knows how to win but there’s a reason he was voted the coach players would least want to play for. He runs them into the floor and destroys them physically.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #8975 on: May 26, 2024, 12:08:24 pm »
I hear that but what coach would have done better with the knicks this season? No Randle in playoffs at all. I don't know is Robinson OG or bogy injuries are related to over playing. You could say the same for Klopp runs his players to hard. Fabinho Henderson Mane gini Lallana Naby felt it in the end

Milner Firmino the exceptions the guys are beasts. Like Josh Hart
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 12:10:17 pm by DiggerJohn »

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8976 on: May 27, 2024, 03:44:57 am »
Luka is a fucking don. What a player!
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8977 on: May 27, 2024, 05:12:06 am »
Luka is a fucking don. What a player!

I’ve never really liked him or enjoyed watching him but I’m more than willing to support him against the Celtics. Hopefully he and Irving save us all.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8978 on: May 27, 2024, 07:51:50 am »
The conference finals have been an anti climax, both look like 4 game sweep, but Celtics vs Mavs NBA finals could be epic & go to game 7.
#Sausages

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #8979 on: May 27, 2024, 12:10:33 pm »
Agree the finals are going to be epic luka/Jrue Kyrie/White PJ/JT and Jones/JB great match ups

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #8980 on: May 27, 2024, 06:49:28 pm »
Bill Walton. Never took himself seriously, wonderful talent. RIP.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8982 on: May 28, 2024, 07:45:16 am »
Congratulations Celtics

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8983 on: May 28, 2024, 07:59:33 am »
Garbage series. Pacers were useless.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #8984 on: May 28, 2024, 08:07:15 am »
Thank god that one's over. Didn't bother to watch Celtics pacers last two games. Pacers were never  going to win. Only reason it was close was Celtics laziness

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8985 on: May 28, 2024, 08:56:20 am »
I knew they'd get swept, never impressed me against a banged up Knicks.

Most underserved team to make a Conference finals.

Offline LiverLuke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8986 on: May 28, 2024, 05:16:51 pm »

A lot of bitter knicks fans that didn't watch the games in here ;D Love how much the pacers hurt you.

The pacers were leading with 2 minutes to go in 3/4 games so it was much closer than a sweep but the inexperience got the better of them and they choked in the final minutes. Even without their best player they went toe to toe with the stacked Celtic and more than held their own. Fantastic season in the end and not the last you'll see of the pacers in the playoffs with a great nucleus. Nembhard in particular emerging as a young star. Very proud.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #8987 on: May 28, 2024, 06:00:02 pm »

That's your take after watching the series? They choked away three leads in the final few minutes, two of which were without their best player. That series says more about the Celtics than the Pacers.

Feels like ESPN in here right now.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline LiverLuke

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8988 on: May 28, 2024, 07:13:50 pm »
That's your take after watching the series? They choked away three leads in the final few minutes, two of which were without their best player. That series says more about the Celtics than the Pacers.

Feels like ESPN in here right now.

Embarrassing isn't it  ;D

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8989 on: May 28, 2024, 10:52:36 pm »
Pacers were good but not that good ultimately. Boston are stacked but in the NBA, I think there is always a chance if you have the best player on the floor and the Mavs have Luka who in my opinion has been one of the best players in the league for a couple of years now. With the right support, he's starting to show just how good he is. I still have my reservations around Kyrie but a banged up Luka is scoring 30 points every game while playmaking at an elite level.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #8990 on: May 28, 2024, 10:59:55 pm »
Pacers were good but not that good ultimately. Boston are stacked but in the NBA, I think there is always a chance if you have the best player on the floor and the Mavs have Luka who in my opinion has been one of the best players in the league for a couple of years now. With the right support, he's starting to show just how good he is. I still have my reservations around Kyrie but a banged up Luka is scoring 30 points every game while playmaking at an elite level.

I agree on Luka. The only worry is (assuming the Mavs finish the Wolves off) Boston can throw about 5-6 guys at him and really wear him down. Luka can score on just about anyone, but even he’ll find it hard to go for 40 minutes a night against Boston’s length and depth. Kyrie’s looking as good as he has in years but Boston look well equipped to deal with great backcourt play. As always with the NBA, it’s as much about matchups as it is about talent. Denver would’ve wiped the floor with Boston, they’d have probably wiped the floor with Dallas, too, but Minnesota were built to stop Denver and did so, pretty much the only team in the league that could.

It would be a great finals, I can remember staying up and watching Dirk carry Dallas vs the Heatles all those years ago, it would take something similar from Luka to get past this Boston team but I hope he does it.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8991 on: May 29, 2024, 01:19:25 am »
It's a tough one, a lot might depend on what condition Porzingis and Lively are in because one of them being fit could be the difference maker.

Otherwise, the biggest advantage for the Mavs is that they have the two best clutch players and Boston have looked a bit shaky mentally - you don't know how they'll react when Dallas go on one of their runs. Biggest advantage for the Celts is that in Holiday, White and Tatum, they've probably got the best collection of players in the NBA to guard Luka and Kyrie. It could be a classic, that's for sure.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8992 on: May 29, 2024, 07:35:39 am »
Dallas would want to be finishing them next game. Don’t think you want to give Minny a sniff, they could be dangerous with momentum.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8993 on: May 29, 2024, 09:05:32 am »
Dallas would want to be finishing them next game. Don’t think you want to give Minny a sniff, they could be dangerous with momentum.

That and the fact playing more games puts greater load on the legs. Boston will be fresh for the final so Dallas could do with winning and giving themselves more time to recover.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8994 on: May 31, 2024, 02:00:31 am »
Oh man, Luka is going OFF tonight. 20 points inside the first 10 minutes, four of five from three and he's shooting from the logo. If the Wolves don't get their offence together quickly this could get very ugly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8995 on: May 31, 2024, 05:22:16 am »
Doncic better be saving some of these massive games for Boston. Don’t want any 7-20 shooting.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8996 on: May 31, 2024, 09:37:53 am »
That was a beatdown. Luka and Kyrie really turning on the style.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #8997 on: May 31, 2024, 09:40:32 am »
Luka is a bad motherfucker. What about coming back at snoop at courtside. Overrated now ??

So your supporting Mavs in the finals with me Gerry ???

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8998 on: May 31, 2024, 08:34:57 pm »
Luka is a bad motherfucker. What about coming back at snoop at courtside. Overrated now ??

So your supporting Mavs in the finals with me Gerry ???

I support anyone against Boston, no exceptions.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #8999 on: June 1, 2024, 12:06:07 am »
I just hope the finals won't be as flat as the last round.