Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 624626 times)

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
Re: NBA Season 2016-17 Discussion
« Reply #3240 on: June 30, 2017, 01:24:05 am »
The state of the Western Conference is insane. Even more so if all of Paul George, Millsap, Lowry goes West and Hayward re-signs. Also a distant possibility, but Melo too. Eastern Conference playoff spots 4-8 could be a crapshoot.

If I'm Westbrook, I get the hell out of that West and head to Miami or something after next season.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3241 on: June 30, 2017, 04:37:39 am »
DeAndre Drummond

Is this some kind of hybrid player? - putrid free throw shooter combines with putrid free throw shooter to create Free Throw Airball Shooter?

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3242 on: June 30, 2017, 08:34:44 am »
Is this some kind of hybrid player? - putrid free throw shooter combines with putrid free throw shooter to create Free Throw Airball Shooter?

Didn't even notice haha. Was a tired man. Jordan. DeAndre Jordan
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3243 on: June 30, 2017, 11:40:55 pm »
Jazz get Ricky Rubio from Wolves for 1st round pick, damn.

Wtf was Minny thinking? Just when i thought they may make the play-off's now that they got Butler.
Looks like Wolves are angling Lowry, i don't see him being a very good fit there. Also, i suppose Rubio news means George Hill is out of the Jazz.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3244 on: June 30, 2017, 11:50:04 pm »

Wtf was Minny thinking? Just when i thought they may make the play-off's now that they got Butler.
Looks like Wolves are angling Lowry, i don't see him being a very good fit there. Also, i suppose Rubio news means George Hill is out of the Jazz.
gives them around $30m in cap space, must be for a free agent push

to be honest Lowry going there may be best for all parties, lowry gets paid and the raps can either blow it up or retool with a decent amount of cap space

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3245 on: June 30, 2017, 11:50:38 pm »
makes shaq look like Steve Nash from the free throw line

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3246 on: June 30, 2017, 11:51:16 pm »
Knicks Unlikely To Re-Sign Derrick Rose

Wizards Interested In Otto Porter For Paul George Sign-And-Trade

Jrue Holiday Expected To Sign Five-Year Deal With Pelicans

Fourth Mystery Team Could Schedule Last Minute Meeting With Gordon Hayward

76ers To Sign Furkan Korkmaz For 17-18 Season (under radar signing my countryman is!)

Rockets Interested In Signing Zhou Qi To Long-Term Deal

Warriors Could Have Interest In Dewayne Dedmon

76ers Waive Gerald Henderson

Thunder Interested In Michael Carter-Williams

Klay Thompson Signs 10-Year, $80M Extension With Anta

Cedi Osman Expected To Join Cavaliers For 17-18

Bulls To Waive Rajon Rondo Barring Last Minute Trade

Knicks Unlikely To Request Permission To Speak With Masai Ujiri

Danilo Gallinari, Rudy Gay, Joe Ingles Headline Clippers' Free Agent Wish List

Celtics Tender Qualifying Offer To Kelly Olynyk

John Calipari Reached Out To Knicks About President Opening

Blake Griffin To Meet With Suns On Saturday

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3247 on: July 1, 2017, 12:54:47 am »
Please pleaase dont sign D Rose, please Pop don't do it. Surely the Rubio trade means Hill is off, and hopefully we're signing him.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3248 on: July 1, 2017, 01:01:39 am »

Err... why would you think this is a bad move? I love Rubio but when you're in a half court situation, having him is like playing 4vs5. Jimmy and Wiggins will be completely negated because the opposition just gets a free roam defender to double them whenever. Any possession ending in a Ricky Rubio shot from any distance, even an open lay-up, is a win for the opposition. He shoots an abysmal .480 at the rim - even though I'm betting a lot of those are open - vs a league average of over 60%. He's atrocious from 3 too. This just means that defenders have every desire to sag off him and that reduces so much of the half court options he has.

Playoff games are won in the half court, and his insane passing ability won't make up for his inability to shoot the ball. The advanced stats have him as a completely net neutral player and that's factoring in how RS games are much more open and transition based than playoff games.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3249 on: July 1, 2017, 03:10:22 am »
Well holy shit, Paul George traded to Oklahoma for Oladipo and Sabonis.

Shit deal for Indiana, but what the hell, out of nowhere, PG goes to OKC. I don't see him staying there next summer,but it's an interesting team to watch now even more. The eastern conference may as well not exist anymore.

Blake resigning with the Clippers, 5 year deal, 173 million

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3250 on: July 1, 2017, 03:17:22 am »
Jazz trading OKC's pick for Rubio now looks like a genius move, since that pick will probably be in the late 20's. :)

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #3251 on: July 1, 2017, 03:32:06 am »
Err... why would you think this is a bad move? I love Rubio but when you're in a half court situation, having him is like playing 4vs5. Jimmy and Wiggins will be completely negated because the opposition just gets a free roam defender to double them whenever. Any possession ending in a Ricky Rubio shot from any distance, even an open lay-up, is a win for the opposition. He shoots an abysmal .480 at the rim - even though I'm betting a lot of those are open - vs a league average of over 60%. He's atrocious from 3 too. This just means that defenders have every desire to sag off him and that reduces so much of the half court options he has.

Playoff games are won in the half court, and his insane passing ability won't make up for his inability to shoot the ball. The advanced stats have him as a completely net neutral player and that's factoring in how RS games are much more open and transition based than playoff games.
You didn't just paraphrase Jim Petersen did you?

Only kidding mate, but it's damn close to what you just said. I really like Rubio though and I feel this deal must mean the Jazz are looking to trade some of their assets for some scoring as they already added Rubio's elite playmaking and defense for basically nothing. I'm loving the Jazz moves so far, Mitchell and Rubio for Lyles and a late first round pick, fucking steal.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2017, 03:40:51 am by Lastrador »

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #3252 on: July 1, 2017, 03:40:13 am »
And the Paul George trade must really lower the Celtics chances of getting Hayward. They were talking of forming a super team with him, George and Thomas and now that's off the table. Great start for the Jazz.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3253 on: July 1, 2017, 03:44:19 am »
the Celtics are a mess.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #3254 on: July 1, 2017, 03:57:30 am »
the Celtics are a mess.
But picks man, so many picks.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #3255 on: July 1, 2017, 04:06:39 am »
Nice deal for OKC. Dump that Oladipo contract and get Paul George for at least a season.

Ainge has now missed on PG, Butler, and passed on Fultz. With the state of the East, that Nets pick could be crap next season too. If Hayward returns, what a collection of misses.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #3256 on: July 1, 2017, 04:09:18 am »
Nice deal for OKC. Dump that Oladipo contract and get Paul George for at least a season.

Ainge has now missed on PG, Butler, and passed on Fultz. With the state of the East, that Nets pick could be crap next season too. If Hayward returns, what a collection of misses.
And the word is that Griffin is signing a new contract with the Clippers, so if Hayward resigns with Utah there's nothing left on the market.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3257 on: July 1, 2017, 07:30:20 am »
Livingston resigning with the Dubs, Curry agrees five year 201 million deal with Dubs. Spurs resigned Mills, 50 million [not sure how many years]. Hill looking at Denver and New York now.

Teague going to the Wolves.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3258 on: July 1, 2017, 11:44:19 am »

its an insane move, but Westbrook I think can opt out next season as well.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #3259 on: July 1, 2017, 11:56:45 am »
Steph Curry: 5 years @ $40M per.  Guaranteed.
Kill the humourless

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3260 on: July 1, 2017, 12:24:52 pm »
Steph Curry: 5 years @ $40M per.  Guaranteed.

Well deserved though, he was underpaid his whole career at Warriors due to ankle injury concerns early his career.

Also Livingston 3yrs/24m  signing is a steal, he could have been paid much more with another team.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: $750,000 per week
« Reply #3261 on: July 1, 2017, 12:27:05 pm »
Can he do it on a cold wet night in Stoke though?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3262 on: July 1, 2017, 12:28:20 pm »
and he got an exemption to play on a tour golf event. It's been a good week for Steph

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3263 on: July 1, 2017, 12:43:39 pm »
I really like Rubio though and I feel this deal must mean the Jazz are looking to trade some of their assets for some scoring as they already added Rubio's elite playmaking and defense for basically nothing. I'm loving the Jazz moves so far, Mitchell and Rubio for Lyles and a late first round pick, fucking steal.

Think he said it a bit more concisely than me, but our view on Rubio isn't unoriginal, heard it a few times and easy to come to those conclusions after seeing him play. It is a shame though because he's a great defender and an outrageous passer. I see where you're coming from though haha!

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3264 on: July 1, 2017, 12:44:20 pm »
Also Livingston 3yrs/24m  signing is a steal, he could have been paid much more with another team.

Agreed, as a LeBron fan he's pissed me off so much these last 3 years

So far in the league he's earned 26m dollars, he's getting another 24m here but if Patty Mills is getting a 50m deal (albeit one more year) then Livingston could have commanded at least that.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2017, 12:47:32 pm by Shaved Crossbar »

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3265 on: July 1, 2017, 02:00:25 pm »
Gets $1m per week playing other peoples shit.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3266 on: July 1, 2017, 02:10:49 pm »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #3267 on: July 1, 2017, 02:49:04 pm »
Smart by OKC to trade Oladipo, if George and Westbrook bolt next season they can rebuild with better flexibility regarding their cap space.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3268 on: July 1, 2017, 02:54:55 pm »

He is the best passing PG in the league and one of the elite defenders amongs the guards. I am not saying he doesn't have a jump shot problem, but the deal is still thrash imo. Good deal for Utah, Rodney, Hayward(?), Gobert will have a lot of easy points this season.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3269 on: July 1, 2017, 03:02:55 pm »
Smart by OKC to trade Oladipo, if George and Westbrook bolt next season they can rebuild with better flexibility regarding their cap space.

Russ seems to be the loyal type, i think he signs a supermax deal and stays. As for PG, he made it clear several times that he is off to Lakers next summer and that's why the return was not the best for Pacers  vs a sign and trade. So, basically he is at OKC this yeat as rental. It will be great for laughs though if he skips the Lakers and signs with OKC ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3270 on: July 1, 2017, 03:10:38 pm »
So Minny basically shipped out Rubio to pay Jeff Teague 57m for 3 years?
Mediocre defender, overrated offensively, doesn't make teammates better, just a bad fit imo.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3271 on: July 1, 2017, 03:11:40 pm »
Jrue Holiday Agrees Upon Five-Year, $126M Deal With Pelicans

Damn, will take me some time to get used to these new money deals :wave

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3272 on: July 1, 2017, 03:18:02 pm »
He is the best passing PG in the league and one of the elite defenders amongs the guards. I am not saying he doesn't have a jump shot problem, but the deal is still thrash imo. Good deal for Utah, Rodney, Hayward(?), Gobert will have a lot of easy points this season.

And they'll have a lot of harder points too because they'll be playing against an extra man

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3273 on: July 1, 2017, 03:21:30 pm »
Point guard market now is basically George Hill and Kyle Lowry

Raps apparently seriously considering breaking everything apart and just going young; could be a good move because I think youngsters + DeMar + one of Tucker and Ibaka could probably get them to the playoffs and they'll still be giving a lot of time to some decent young players. Don't think the DeMar-Lowry axis is ever going to be enough to get to the finals, let alone win them.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #3274 on: July 1, 2017, 05:15:35 pm »
Only just seen Paul George to Thunder. Wow. Thunder practically gave up nothing to get him.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3275 on: July 1, 2017, 06:57:03 pm »
they only have him for a year, pacers due to poor management were in a terrible bargaining position.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #3276 on: July 1, 2017, 09:03:08 pm »
Oh yeah forgot about that. Him and James at Lakers this time next summer.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #3277 on: July 1, 2017, 09:10:26 pm »
they only have him for a year, pacers due to poor management were in a terrible bargaining position.
They had better offers but apparently their GM was dead set on trading him out of the east conference, horrible decision.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #3278 on: July 2, 2017, 10:17:45 am »
Sixes get Reddick, they making playoffs next season.

Also Boston have funked their off season completely, the current favourite for Gordon Hayward are the Miami Heat.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2017, 10:25:22 am by SandyShore »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #3279 on: July 2, 2017, 11:02:16 am »
Sixes get Reddick, they making playoffs next season.

Also Boston have funked their off season completely, the current favourite for Gordon Hayward are the Miami Heat.
but they still have their draft picks!