Author Topic: FC Class & Dignity. The Senior club in the city thread.(The new Everton thread)  (Read 1012940 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
:lmao

Blocked by catcher on Twitter

Only asked if he’d been taking Peyote.  It was all fine until someone explained what it was :lmao

Offline jacobs chains

• Main Stander
  • Rarely rattled

Only asked if he’d been taking Peyote.  It was all fine until someone explained what it was :lmao

He should give Pentothal a go.

Offline Al 666

• "I haven't got a clue." 23/03/2020......Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
So the rationale that Everton and United fans are using is that the sporting integrity of the competition has been broken because of the delay in completing fixtures. We have had a similar situation before.

The Big Freeze of 1963: When Football was put on Ice
3 years ago

• by Football Whispers

We often hear managers calling for a winter break in January due to the heavily congested post-Christmas fixture programme, but during the 1962/63 season football enjoyed something of an enforced three-month sabbatical due to freak weather conditions, which threatened not only the national game, but the country as a whole.

When Middlesbrough finally overcame Blackburn Rovers in a replay at Ayresome Park on the 11th March 1963, it ended one of the most chaotic third round weekends in the history of the FA Cup. The round of games, which had begun back on January 5th would take an astonishing 66 days before being completed as the season looked like it might never end.

The winter of 1963 was one of the coldest in living memory. Snow swept across the nation on Boxing Day 1962, and in many places it remained on the ground until late March. The situation wasn’t helped by arctic winds which led to huge snow drifts up to 20 feet feet deep in some places.

Officially it was the coldest month of the 20th century that January, with temperatures of -19 degrees Celsius being recorded in several locations with the average temperature failing to get above freezing; it was that cold that rivers had lumps of ice in them and even the sea froze solid.

Not surprisingly the country was brought to a standstill, while the weather also played havoc with the sporting calendar. Horse racing was was temporarily cancelled with no meetings taking place in England for four months, but football was one of the sports hit most severely and particularly the FA Cup.

Lincoln City’s game with Coventry City was postponed an astonishing 14 times, while in Scotland a cup tie between Stranraer and Airdrie was called-off no fewer than 33 times. Things weren’t much better in Yorkshire either as Barnsley were only able to play two matches between 22nd December and March 12th.

I think it is only fair that season 62/63 has an asterisk placed against it.

That has nothing to do with Everton winning the League and United winning the cup. It is all about sporting integrity honest.

One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Jshooters

• Believer
  • Occasionally inspirational
nice find  ;D
Believer

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
^ AL666

:wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin

Winter 63 was ace for them anyway, they could walk from Birkenhead to the Pier Head as the Mersey was frozen. I assume they could walk from Rhyl to Thurstaston as well.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Brilliant find - that needs spreading around more! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Al 666

• "I haven't got a clue." 23/03/2020......Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
^ AL666

:wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin

Winter 63 was ace for them anyway, they could walk from Birkenhead to the Pier Head as the Mersey was frozen. I assume they could walk from Rhyl to Thurstaston as well.

;D ;D.

They probably blamed it on redshite behaviour turning the Royal Blue Mersey white.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Believer
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
For fucks sake Al they're gonna claim the first league title with an asterisk now

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
For fucks sake Al they're gonna claim the first league title with an asterisk now
;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline PaulF

• -.-- -. .-- .-
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
I bet some are already claiming that our opponents will be weakend more by Covid than we are .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline afc turkish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
I bet some are already claiming that our opponents will be weakend more by Covid than we are .

Harry Kane is apparently weighed down by the virus...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!"
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • *Dry your eyes, you bitter bastards.
For goodness sake.  :duh

They'll have that up on their 'Firsts' mural before we get chance to earn our own asterisk.

I'm gutted, as I've grown attached to my asterisk. He's cute. * 😁
We've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe...
Rome. London. Paris. Rome. Istanbul. Madrid.

COUPE DES CLUBS CHAMPIONS EUROPÉENS VAINQUERS SIX FOIS.

Offline Son of Spion*

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
If some of the photos doing the rounds are correct, then they'd be right.

It would appear that while Liverpool have been highly professional and positive, certain opposition players have been eating all the pies whilst bleating endless negativity.

Maybe these apparent mindset differences also account for us being 25 points ahead before C-19 hit?

Offline Al 666

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
:D :D

Two asterisks for 1962/63 though, because their undersoil heating installed at great expense in 1958 meant they had far fewer games called off than their rivals. So in effect they bought the title.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

Two asterisks for 1962/63 though, because their undersoil heating installed at great expense in 1958 meant they had far fewer games called off than their rivals. So in effect they bought the title.

Fuck sake, they completely destroyed the integrity of the season didn't they? :no

Offline Johann Gambolputty

• Kemlynite
  • We are the Anny,Anny road end.

That's three asterisks for 62/63 because they were taking Speed pills all season.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Kopite
We've social distanced from Everton all season.

82-------------------------------------------------------------------------37
Looks better like this I think.

82********************************************37

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer

“We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.“ Zlen, 30/12/18

Offline Son of Spion*

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
That's three asterisks for 62/63 because they were taking Speed pills all season.
Ah yes. The shite were on amphetamines in the 61/62 and 62/63 title winning season.

Popping Purple Hearts and Benzedrine.

Tainted Title*

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-everton-won-league-performance-10426058

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Believer

Fuck knows what he's doing on twatter anyway, must be a c*nt of a job formatting 10,000 word essays into 280 character posts

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Believer
  • In a squeeze play on the cheesy side of town
But Everton being delayed winning trophies is not abnormal, it is to be expected

Worth noting that Everton qualified for the european cup but were knocked out without scoring a single goal

That season they had been knocked out of the fairs cup by Dunfermline Athletic

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
But Everton being delayed winning trophies is not abnormal, it is to be expected

Worth noting that Everton qualified for the european cup but were knocked out without scoring a single goal

That season they had been knocked out of the fairs cup by Dunfermline Athletic

in 1971 they got knocked out of the european cup by Panathinaikos, when the round before they knocked out a pretty good moenchengladbach team (who the year before won their second title in a run of 5 in 8 years and won the UEFA cup 3 years later when that was the harder competition to win)

Offline FiSh77

• Believer
in 1971 they got knocked out of the european cup by Panathinaikos, when the round before they knocked out a pretty good moenchengladbach team (who the year before won their second title in a run of 5 in 8 years and won the UEFA cup 3 years later when that was the harder competition to win but for some reason were shite in Europe in 72/73 & 76/77, any other seasons they were boss)

Offline Feline Posterior Cavity ∗

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • *NoVoid-19
How will you recreate your matchday experience when footy returns  ;D

BBC

Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family.