Author Topic: General Arsenal Thread - Artettacking Front Four?  (Read 4159557 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Dutch Class
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Artettacking Front Four?
« Reply #56040 on: Yesterday at 05:48:19 PM »
Indeed, it's not his fault the PTB at Arsenal are idiots

Yep. There was no massive clamour for his services. They panicked and wanted to show they'd retain their biggest names. It's a lesson for many clubs

Offline Dave McCoy

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #56041 on: Yesterday at 06:45:10 PM »
Just like Bale this isn't Ozil's problem.  His playing days at this level are numbered which also means his days of high earning potential are numbered.  So he should just voluntarily give up money contracted to him?  I'm sure they were hounding Lallana these last 2 years about how he should have taken a wage cut as well?

Offline ScottishGoon

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #56042 on: Yesterday at 07:31:53 PM »
Yep. There was no massive clamour for his services. They panicked and wanted to show they'd retain their biggest names. It's a lesson for many clubs

Indeed. They didn't want to be shown to lose Sanchez & Ozil within 6 months of each other. Don't forget, this was under Gazidas & Wenger, both probably knew they were leaving very shortly, & didn't have to deal with the aftermath. Raul wouldn't have sanctioned this, probably because he's not a Kia client mind you.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Believer
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #56043 on: Yesterday at 08:16:52 PM »
The Arsenal hierarchy are ultimately to blame for this, they gave him a £350K per week contract despite the fact he rarely appeared to perform in the big games.  I guess they are now reaping what was already sewn.  He can pretty much sit on his arse, make himself available for games and just keep counting the cash.  Incredibly bad from a PR perspective on his part, the refusal to take a wage cut, also why any other club would want to employ him once his contract runs out is beyond me.  I guess it wold be a free transfer but there would be significant agent fees, signing on fees and a huge contract to consider before he would ever contemplate signing.  Not that he needs the money but he does come across as a petulant spoilt brat
He is doing a Bale.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953