Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 392976 times)

Offline dalarr

• Call me sensitive
  • Believer
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #9840 on: January 22, 2020, 09:22:53 PM »
No one following the regular season this year? Both Tampa and Pittsburgh have finally awoken. Blue Jackets are punching well above their weight and Arizona looks like the real deal this time.

My real reason for posting is the storm surge the Hurricanes did yesterday. They played dodgeball on the ice. Not everyone’s cup of tea but I love it. Bunch of jerks.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer. State of this profile. It’s like something you’d see on an Everton or Man Utd forum.
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #9841 on: January 22, 2020, 09:42:15 PM »
I've been following the Rangers closely, pretty much every game  :)  They are up and down, but Artemi Panarin is just outrageously good. Also there is a right goalie situation going on there, carrying 3 goalies at the moment, Georgiev and Shestyorkin seem to be getting most of the playing time.  Also our rookie d-man Adam Fox is a revelation and having a great season. And he is on a pair with another young d-man Ryan Lindgren, who is also doing very well.  Kappo Kakko is struggling quite a bit, but another youngster Filip Chytil is looking the real deal. A lot of positives, but they won't make the playoffs, which I didn't expect anyway.

I watch a bit of the other two tri-state teams - Isles and Devils, despite the fact I can't stand 'em  ;D But as all their games are on tv too I tend to catch a few.

Don't really watch much else, catch the odd Wedensday night game though! But dont' see other teams consistently enough, especially the western teams.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline dalarr

• Call me sensitive
  • Believer
« Reply #9842 on: January 23, 2020, 09:40:20 AM »
Man, Nullfünfer you are everywhere!
Must say I’m a bit disappointed in the Rangers. Nobody expected them to win the Cup but when I saw the roster pre-season I thought they would be fighting for a wild card spot.