Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 624631 times)

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Season 2016-17 Discussion
« Reply #3160 on: June 21, 2017, 12:00:51 am »
Bulls are apparently after Milos Teodosic. Interesting option, if they release Rondo.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3161 on: June 21, 2017, 12:01:17 am »
They are clearing cap space for next summer by offloading Mozgov's bad contract. Russell is a talented player, but with the expected arrival of Lonzo Ball, his role would have been limited.

Lonzo-Dlo could actually be decent on O, they're fairly complimentary, in the absence of any other primary ball handlers they're fine. On defence its a nightmare which is why they've gotten rid.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 12:28:07 am by Shaved Crossbar »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3162 on: June 21, 2017, 12:08:45 am »
Lakers trade D'Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov to Nets for Brook Lopez and 27th pick.
least it's not a future pick from the nets

Ps has there been a worse GM of any kind in any sport as bad as billy king was at the nets?

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #3163 on: June 21, 2017, 12:19:53 am »
Damn, Knicks considering to trade Porzingis.
If it happens, Phil Jackson will officially be public enemy #1 for Knicks fans.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/umDr0mPuyQc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/umDr0mPuyQc</a>
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #3164 on: June 21, 2017, 01:22:00 am »
I could see why the Nets took on the Mozgov contract seeing as they will be crap for at least 3 more seasons. That said, I don't think D'Angelo Russell is that good of a player. Some potential there, but his shooting numbers are really underwhelming.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3165 on: June 21, 2017, 02:21:41 am »
Hawks agree to trade Dwight Howard, 31st pick to Hornets for Miles Plumlee, Marco Belinelli, 41st pick.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3166 on: June 21, 2017, 02:40:27 am »
Dwight Howard has aged like a fart
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3167 on: June 21, 2017, 02:56:55 am »
Howard is a sack of shit. Total failure of a player, btw the activity is hard to keep up today in the NBA

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3168 on: June 21, 2017, 07:45:08 am »
Howard is a sack of shit. Total failure of a player, btw the activity is hard to keep up today in the NBA
c*nt of a man too, used to hark on about all that god shit and ended up getting one of the Orlando magic dancers pregnant

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3169 on: June 21, 2017, 07:51:03 am »
Clips looking to trade Jordan, Phoenix's 4th pick and chandler, griffin a FA as is Paul so makes sense as they aren't winning with those two there.

Would be hilarious if lonzo ended up there

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3170 on: June 21, 2017, 09:29:00 am »
Good trade for Lakers and Hawks. Howard had problems with Budenholzer and started whining about touches and minutes in the play-off's, you knew you can't mess with a coach who was Popovich's head assistant for long years.

Meanwhile Clippers exploring to trade Deandre, them hijacking him from Dallas looks even more pathetic now.

By the way, now that D'angelo Russell is out of LA, it would be hilarious if he becomes and all star guard.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3171 on: June 21, 2017, 11:18:18 am »

Tomorrow is the draft, i am sure we will see some big deals as well. I have a feeling one of Paul George, Kevin Love will be traded.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3172 on: June 21, 2017, 11:45:48 am »
c*nt of a man too, used to hark on about all that god shit and ended up getting one of the Orlando magic dancers pregnant
He got 8 woman pregnant.

Imagine the child maintenance he pays a month. :o

Guess he didn't believe in the condom. :D

He looked like he was going to be the heir to Shaq when he was in Orlando.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3173 on: June 21, 2017, 01:16:18 pm »
So, Magic hated D'Angelo, right? I don't understand this move for them.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3174 on: June 21, 2017, 02:22:46 pm »
So, Magic hated D'Angelo, right? I don't understand this move for them.

He probably didn't hate him, but clearing enough cap space to pursue 2 max players next summer was probably too tempting for him.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3175 on: June 21, 2017, 06:33:25 pm »
Not too bad from the Nets to be honest, apart from Mozgov's contract. They've signed a basketball player in D'Angelo, something they seem to lack.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3176 on: June 21, 2017, 07:20:57 pm »
Not too bad from the Nets to be honest, apart from Mozgov's contract. They've signed a basketball player in D'Angelo, something they seem to lack.

It's actually exceedingly good for them, imo. Brook has been great and loyal but the organisation has to come first, always. D'Angelo is somebody but polarises the NBA community but even his detractors would admit that, at worst, he has all-star potential. They've basically got a potential all-star in exchange for the 27th pick, which is a phenomenal exchange.

The Mosgov contract hinders them for the next 3 years but the Nets aren't a win-now team, the best they can hope for is go for upside gambles like Giles/D'Lo and swallowing contracts like Mosgov's in exchange for young players or picks. The first pick they get of their own is 2019, and the Mozgov contract will be off the books by summer 2020.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #3177 on: June 21, 2017, 07:35:47 pm »
Hope Pritchard pulls a stunner in a trade but really, what are the odds of it? PG has left us with no leverage.

The last days of George as a Pacer. Not sure what we'll get. Got a feeling the Cavs might go all rent-a-super-star here. Would love Pritchard to involve the Clippers in some way, shape, or form. In any case, think PG's gone within the next 48 hours.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:38:32 pm by Alonso_The_Assassin »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3178 on: June 21, 2017, 09:37:55 pm »
Stephen A Smith not holding back what a mess the Knicks are and has an amazing spin on the story. :o

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XbNu9tMBqBE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XbNu9tMBqBE</a>
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 09:40:47 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3179 on: June 22, 2017, 02:32:38 am »
Too much shit going on! There were rumours and fake picture that showed Kawhi without his braids and social media lost it's mind collectively. Thankfully he has not cut them :D

Anyway, we are apparently looking to trade Danny Green [to the 76ers] and also get rid of LA for a top 5 draft pick. Would free up tons of cap space and allow us to sign a top free agent.

Rockets aggressively chasing CP3,Lowry,Blake among others. Will be trading Anderson,Beverly and Williams.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3180 on: June 22, 2017, 02:57:20 am »
Knicks :lmao

What a putridly managed franchise. Just don't send Porzingis to Boston.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3181 on: June 22, 2017, 02:08:36 pm »
Knicks :lmao

What a putridly managed franchise. Just don't send Porzingis to Boston.

@ZachLowe_NBA

To restate the obvious, players and agents increasingly look at the Knicks as a destination of absolute last resort.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #3182 on: June 22, 2017, 05:34:36 pm »
Bulls are apparently after Milos Teodosic. Interesting option, if they release Rondo.

To be honest hope Bulls don't release him and keep him on.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3183 on: June 22, 2017, 07:20:00 pm »
To be honest hope Bulls don't release him and keep him on.
Bulls need to start rebuilding asap. Current roster just isn't good enough to get past the second round.

Sadly, the front office is absolute turbo gash.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3184 on: June 22, 2017, 07:39:57 pm »
turbo gash.

Oh how I've missed that phrase :D

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #3185 on: June 23, 2017, 12:42:08 am »
@ZachLowe_NBA

To restate the obvious, players and agents increasingly look at the Knicks as a destination of absolute last resort.

Make Phil Jackson the most highly paid GM in history.
Proceed to hire inexperienced Phil Jackson stooges as coaches that eventually disregard his opinions.
Fire them and hire more stooges.
Insult the best player on the planet in an interview that has a strong, strong, whiff of racism in it.
Alienate the best player on the team 6 months after extending his contract.
Luck into Porzingis with the 4th pick (wouldn't have picked him if we were 3rd) and fail to build around him or build a system that brings the best out of him.
Push an antiquated system that noone players full time anymore.
Fill the last few seasons with so much off the court shenanigans that sought after free agents no longer consider New York as a viable option.
Fill the last few seasons with so much off the court shenanigans that even Porzingis (a 2nd year player!), is seemingly hatching a plot to rid the team of Jackson.

Welcome to the Phil Jackson era in the Dolan Knicks era. Just when we thought it couldn't get worse under Dolan, Jackson came along. :jester

Note: I haven't even mentioned in the above list the botched and utterly inept transfer strategy and dealings we've had under Jackson. After an initial season of contract stripping and building for a cap and free agent splurge, we've repeatedly shot ourselves on the foot.

We're not crap enough to get into the lottery, and even if we did, we lack the intelligence to use that pick to start rebuilding.
We're not young enough to sell the "we'll get better in the future" ticket that at least makes us feel a plan is in place.
We're not good enough to believe that this year's experiences will make us better next year.
And we don't have a GM on board that gives us the belief that there's actually a plan in place to take us back challenging for the Eastern conference title within the next 10+ years.
And now we're not even an attractive destination for free agents, in spite of the fact that the Knicks are in New York and play in Madison Square Garden. How atrocious do you have to be in your job as GM and Owner that you can't even capitalise on the fact almost every player would love to play in New York, would love to play in the city where the largest media reside waiting to over hype any player on the team, enjoy the financial boost that gives to their profile, and play in arguably the most famous arena on the planet.
:duh
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 12:43:56 am by Doc Red »
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3186 on: June 23, 2017, 12:47:30 am »
Looks like Butler to the T-Wolves

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3187 on: June 23, 2017, 12:56:43 am »
Jimmy Butler to the Timberwolves!!

The Bulls are getting Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and the 7th pick, per sources. Bulls keep 16th pick.

AH FUCK, gutted Butler has gone.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3188 on: June 23, 2017, 12:59:27 am »
Sorry Bulls sent 16th pick with Butler.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3189 on: June 23, 2017, 12:59:32 am »
LaVine is a good player. He's good from 3 point range, something that can't be said for many on the Bulls roster. Not sure about Dunn, haven't seen enough of him to judge. Butler will obviously be a massive loss though.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3190 on: June 23, 2017, 01:00:38 am »
Spurs,Cavs and Suns in talks for a trade that would include Danny Green and LA.

Spurs interested in Paul George

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3191 on: June 23, 2017, 01:05:01 am »
LaVine is a good player. He's good from 3 point range, something that can't be said for many on the Bulls roster. Not sure about Dunn, haven't seen enough of him to judge. Butler will obviously be a massive loss though.

Huge, huge loss, I haven't watched either player Bulls are getting. Also they should've kept the 16th pick and gave them another player.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3192 on: June 23, 2017, 01:07:16 am »
Huge, huge loss, I haven't watched either player Bulls are getting. Also they should've kept the 16th pick and gave them another player.

I can't claim to have watched absolutely loads of either player but I like what I've seen from LaVine; he's a gifted scorer and can shoot the ball well from deep. I don't really know what he's like on defence though.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3193 on: June 23, 2017, 01:09:40 am »
Bulls will go for Malik Monk now if he doesn't get picked.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3194 on: June 23, 2017, 01:10:56 am »
I can't claim to have watched absolutely loads of either player but I like what I've seen from LaVine; he's a gifted scorer and can shoot the ball well from deep. I don't really know what he's like on defence though.

Isn't Lavine just coming off an ACL injury though.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3195 on: June 23, 2017, 01:11:35 am »
Isn't Lavine just coming off an ACL injury though.

Yep, that's a worry obviously. Hopefully he'll come back strong.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3196 on: June 23, 2017, 01:15:52 am »
Me personally I'm not happy, you traded your best player to move up 9 spots, a guy with a torn ACL and one who reading about just then is an average player.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3197 on: June 23, 2017, 01:20:02 am »
I'd be disappointed if I was a Bulls fan, the return isn't great. I like LaVine but I would want better than him in return for a player like Butler. I'd say Minnesota did quite well here.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3198 on: June 23, 2017, 03:00:43 am »
Absolute steal by Minnesota. Earlier this year Bulls were chasing multiple Brooklyn picks from the Celts for him. Dunn could still be quite good, he's got great physical talents. But it's all just not enough.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3199 on: June 23, 2017, 04:52:50 am »
Absolute steal by Minnesota. Earlier this year Bulls were chasing multiple Brooklyn picks from the Celts for him. Dunn could still be quite good, he's got great physical talents. But it's all just not enough.

That's the scarcely believable thing. I don't know how on earth they've settled for this. Dunn has a trade value of a late first rounder right now, he's a decent defender but is unlikely to ever produce anything on O. Lavine is a good-great young prospect, but that's all he is, a prospect, and he's coming off a big, big injury. I really don't want a young guard with an ACL injury, look at Derrick Rose, for one. With the 7th pick they've REACHED for Markannen imo, who's a phenomenal shooter but could be an absolute liability on defence.

And they've given up a top 15 NBA player in Butler (which is Markannen's ceiling) and the 16th pick. They could really have gotten much, much more and it's such a bad haul.

Minny could now go to Boston and flip him for assets. I don't see the point of playing win-now for them, they're not beating the Warriors or the Spurs.