Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4622041 times)

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
Re: U.S. election, 2016 (and the primaries)
« Reply #320 on: October 12, 2015, 06:29:36 pm »
All I see is good guys with guns and bad guys with guns.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: October 13, 2015, 06:40:57 am »
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/13/us/politics/latest-unease-on-right-ryan-is-too-far-left.html

The far right and their loudmouth media trying to undermine Paul Ryan for Speaker.
King Kenny.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: October 13, 2015, 04:57:01 pm »
First Democratic debate tonight, should be quite interesting. Well, at least in comparison to the Republican one where I could have picked most the questions and their respective answers before the debate. Come on Bernie, show your mettle and policy acumen.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #323 on: October 13, 2015, 05:00:09 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/13/us/politics/latest-unease-on-right-ryan-is-too-far-left.html

The far right and their loudmouth media trying to undermine Paul Ryan for Speaker.

Like he'd be any better. Ryan is a world class douche, a horrible, smarmy, dishonest sociopath.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: October 13, 2015, 05:11:58 pm »
First Democratic debate tonight, should be quite interesting. Well, at least in comparison to the Republican one where I could have picked most the questions and their respective answers before the debate. Come on Bernie, show your mettle and policy acumen.

Bernie is the last hope for sensible political discourse in the US.  Fingers crossed.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: October 13, 2015, 05:16:24 pm »
He needs to come off as less bombastic and diversified in message I think in order to really push Hillary. People have an idea of him not being "presidential" due to his mannerisms and coming across as grumpy and ill-tempered. They will also need to see him perform well on questions outside of his wheelhouse of finance reform, equality, etc that make up his stump speeches. He has to show that he has a clarity of opinion on diverse matters and can tie them in with one another. If he can do these things, he has an honest chance at taking her out.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: October 13, 2015, 05:22:49 pm »
Yeah, that's a very good point.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #327 on: October 13, 2015, 06:02:32 pm »
I would imagine Martin O'Malley has the most to gain tonight.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: October 13, 2015, 06:10:06 pm »
He needs to come off as less bombastic and diversified in message I think in order to really push Hillary. People have an idea of him not being "presidential" due to his mannerisms and coming across as grumpy and ill-tempered. They will also need to see him perform well on questions outside of his wheelhouse of finance reform, equality, etc that make up his stump speeches. He has to show that he has a clarity of opinion on diverse matters and can tie them in with one another. If he can do these things, he has an honest chance at taking her out.
You referring to Bernie? If so, he has been in politics for an awfully long time. I've seen him in interviews prior to this race talking about a range of issues as competently as he does his key themes. I like it that he gets angry when talking about what is happening to America. It is the correct emotional response.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 06:29:51 pm by Twelfth Man »
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: October 13, 2015, 06:11:23 pm »
Hope there is a live stream for this.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: October 13, 2015, 06:19:22 pm »
You referring to Bernie? If so, he has been in politics for an awfully long time. I've seen him in interviews prior to this race taking about a range of issues as competently as he does his key themes. I like it that he gets angry when talking about what is happening to America. It is the correct emotional response.
I am, and yeah, you're right, but you have to remember the audience for this debate will include a ton of relatively apolitical people, many of whom will know little about Bernie if anything. I think those two things will be the big pieces for Bernie to put in place tonight for both the mainstream media as well as Bernie neophytes. I think another will be dispelling the notion that he's a warrior for his cause that is generally averse to compromise, something that could honestly be appropriately levelled at him despite a couple noteworthy occurrences to the contrary. Don't get me wrong, he doesn't need to convince me on anything, but I'm more in touch with politics than most. You have to remember that Bernie doesn't get as much media coverage as his poll numbers would bely, and most people have a very narrow view of who he is and what he stands for.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: October 13, 2015, 07:37:18 pm »
Like he'd be any better. Ryan is a world class douche, a horrible, smarmy, dishonest sociopath.

That's the crazy thing. Somehow this cutting Ayn Rand disciple is not right enough for some.

I despair.
King Kenny.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: October 13, 2015, 08:40:49 pm »
Hope there is a live stream for this.
I know CNN will be live streaming it on their website, just don't know if it will be available outside the US. Assuming you are in the UK, it wouldn't start until 1:30am your time also.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #333 on: October 13, 2015, 09:16:04 pm »
I would imagine Martin O'Malley has the most to gain tonight.

In that people might even stop thinking of him as the inspiration for The Wire's Tommy Carcetti?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: October 13, 2015, 09:19:41 pm »
I know CNN will be live streaming it on their website, just don't know if it will be available outside the US. Assuming you are in the UK, it wouldn't start until 1:30am your time also.
Cheers, I'll proxy it.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: October 14, 2015, 01:29:29 am »
Can't find it on CNN, anyone got a link?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: October 14, 2015, 01:30:53 am »
Can't find it on CNN, anyone got a link?

It's here, but I'm struggling to get it working with ZenMate.

http://go.cnn.com/?stream=cnn

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: October 14, 2015, 01:35:24 am »
It's here, but I'm struggling to get it working with ZenMate.

http://go.cnn.com/?stream=cnn
Cheers! I don't have to sign in or any of that bollox? Watching comms with TYT.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: October 14, 2015, 01:38:13 am »
Cheers! I don't have to sign in or any of that bollox? Watching comms with TYT.

No idea.  Use the second link I posted just below for international viewers (it still isn't streaming anything for me but think that is just because it hasn't started yet).

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: October 14, 2015, 01:41:03 am »
Where the fuck is Larry Lessig?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: October 14, 2015, 01:45:37 am »
Here's another stream

http://www.stream2watch.co/live-tv/us/cnn-live-stream

Streaming sites often work quicker for me than straight from the source somehow

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: October 14, 2015, 02:12:51 am »
Could Hilary and Sanders work together? They'd be a decent team, no?

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: October 14, 2015, 02:14:03 am »
Fucking biased against Bernie. No surprises. Lessig not being in the debate says it all.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: October 14, 2015, 02:43:34 am »
First time hearing Sanders really (only semi watching), have to say, even on the stuff I agree with him on, he comes across a bit too gruff - which makes it extra annoying when he says something you disagree with. Maybe not a format that has him at his best.

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: October 14, 2015, 02:46:40 am »

First time hearing Sanders really (only semi watching), have to say, even on the stuff I agree with him on, he comes across a bit too gruff - which makes it extra annoying when he says something you disagree with. Maybe not a format that has him at his best.

It's a 2 person debate. Clinton is such a politician it's ridiculous really. Bernie is a sensible hardliner. I know which one I'll be voting for.

Completely agree with the climate change point, btw.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: October 14, 2015, 03:02:35 am »
Cooper is doing a decent job moderating. This is more controlled and on point compared to the GOP shit show debates.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: October 14, 2015, 03:23:38 am »
Political funding, I wonder whether CNN will bring it up? Oh they got rid of Lessig, so unlikely.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #348 on: October 14, 2015, 04:03:48 am »
Bernie did ok

Clinton overall winner though really.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #349 on: October 14, 2015, 04:18:36 am »
Reminds me of the polls after a Labour leadership debate.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: October 14, 2015, 04:46:02 am »
I mean, Hillary "won" the debate. She's a consummate professional politician. O'Malley had some good times and Bernie was good, but for me, he didn't do enough of the few things I was looking for from him. Namely being multi-tonal and not falling back on his pet issues in the context of other questions

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: October 14, 2015, 07:28:10 am »
I mean, Hillary "won" the debate. She's a consummate professional politician. O'Malley had some good times and Bernie was good, but for me, he didn't do enough of the few things I was looking for from him. Namely being multi-tonal and not falling back on his pet issues in the context of other questions
Yea, Hillary can be convincing. She did well. Of course she'll shift back to the center from her "progressive stances" if she gets elected, like most Dems to be fair. O'Malley closed well. Bernie had his moments, but I doubt he'll win over any of the Hillary supporters after tonight. Chafee has the charisma of a shoe and Jim Webb essentially admitted to killing a Vietcong solider on TV. Odd moment.

It is hard to read the polls for the Dems since most still include Biden. I wish they would just poll based on the current candidates.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: October 14, 2015, 11:09:06 am »
CNN got rid of Larry Lessig, despite him raising over $1million because they didn't want anyone bringing up political funding, the big elephant in the room. Bernie tried a couple of times, but Cooper immediately moved to another question. He needs to highlight it more forcefully. Hillary is an old hand, she did well enough, Wall Street her backers will certainly be pleased, watch her superpac grow..

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #353 on: October 14, 2015, 02:11:51 pm »
Ryan is a world class douche, a horrible, smarmy, dishonest sociopath.

.... who so royally deserves the chalice of trying to unite the steaming pile of shite that is the GOP.
Kill the humourless

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: October 14, 2015, 05:03:38 pm »
.... who so royally deserves the chalice of trying to unite the steaming pile of shite that is the GOP.
You know, cuz of those killer budgets he comes up with. Real financial savvy this one.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #355 on: October 14, 2015, 05:34:45 pm »
As a somewhat objective measure of "Who won the Dem debate?"  Sanders gained the most Facebook followers and was the most searched debater on the night.

http://time.com/4073082/democratic-debate-social-media/
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #356 on: October 14, 2015, 07:33:11 pm »
I'd love to discuss this some. What policies of his are scary to you, and what policies do you think would not work here? It's so odd to me in general that we had a major recession caused by a number of factors merely 7 years ago that we're still recovering from and listening to the candidates its as if everyone has forgotten the why's and how's of it except Bernie. I was just talking about this with a friend last night actually...Republicans (of which I know you are one) seem to think that all liberals or Dems want to increase the size of government when its definitely not necessarily true. I don't think we need more govt bloat or even to raise taxes, I think we need to rid the govt entirely of the cronyism that renders it ineffectual in many senses to be the appropriate check and balance for the supranational corporate class. The revolving door of industry to govt to industry where the henhouse is being guarded by wolves needs to end. We need to diminish the failed experiment with private contractors getting sweetheart deals and public-private partnerships that almost never create a good ROI for the taxpayers given the outlay. Military waste (F35 anyone) is rife and needs overhaul. The off the books black budget for DOD and NSA is absurd and there is absolutely no oversight whatsoever, just a secret money pit. There are plenty of opportunities to tweak the govt that will not grow its size and stature, merely make it more effectual and efficient, more liberty driven and beholden to the people, and it only takes a budgetary reshuffle and some intelligent policies that I think Bernie has a grip on. The way we elect people and the insane money existing in politics only serves to entrench the problems and that's another area that Bernie addresses. I for one am weary of the oligarchy we have fashioned for ourselves and capitalism that's run amok to the point where it only works for the few. Bernie will not turn this country socialist, I can guarantee you that, he just understands that at the moment money and business have entirely co-opted the founding purpose and functionality of our govt, and proposes solutions that, each in isolation, will solve specific problems and regain parity within the public/private relations.

With all due respect, I think it's delusional to think you can give so much power to the government, with regards to such a powerful country, and not expect that it will be abused. You can change the rules of the game as much as you want, as long as that pot of gold is there (power); cronyism will rule. I accept that people with leftist leanings would love him; but his socialist views and his detachment with reality make him seem a nutter for those who believe in a fiscally responsible government. He can preach free this or that as much as he wants but it just makes him seem more of a charlatan to me; there is no such thing as free.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #357 on: October 14, 2015, 07:39:11 pm »
Jim Webb essentially admitted to killing a Vietcong solider on TV. Odd moment.
Ahh killed a felluh

"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Istanbul, 2005

• Strong believer in UKIP's domestic and European policies.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mersey paradise
« Reply #358 on: October 14, 2015, 07:58:21 pm »
""I think Snowden played a very important role in educating the American people to the degree in which our civil liberties and our constitutional rights are being consideration," Sanders said."

“He did break the law, and I think there should be a penalty to that, but I do think what he did to educate us should be taken into account.”

Far better statement then the rest of the candidates but still a bit disappointing,  do think Snowden is willing to come home if Bernie is the president though. The worst thing for that country and Snowden would be if Hillary gets elected.

At Half time AC thought they had us beat
The Blueshite were dancing in the North Wales Streets
But Stevie G played like a man posessed
And all they have now is their Bitterness!

How do you sleep at night Duckenfield?

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: October 14, 2015, 08:39:53 pm »
With all due respect, I think it's delusional to think you can give so much power to the government, with regards to such a powerful country, and not expect that it will be abused. You can change the rules of the game as much as you want, as long as that pot of gold is there (power); cronyism will rule. I accept that people with leftist leanings would love him; but his socialist views and his detachment with reality make him seem a nutter for those who believe in a fiscally responsible government. He can preach free this or that as much as he wants but it just makes him seem more of a charlatan to me; there is no such thing as free.
I don't think I have advocated for anything that would increase the power of the government. What I am advocating is restoring parity between the power of the government and the power of the corporation. Right wing folks harp on federal regulation as being some massive yoke holding back the private sector because it evokes simplicity of solution. I will usually ask for specific examples of federal regulations that are overbearing to no avail, perhaps you could provide them.

In general, as I said in the post you quoted, we have individuals with immense conflicts of interest in positions of power to regulate the very industry that they have just arrived from, or are soon to embark to. This is a major issue and a reason that regulations are rarely enforced to the extent that they were meant to be. I (and I think Bernie) have never said anything is free. He advocates taxing Wall St speculation and the financial products of the shadow banking system in order to pay for public higher education. When an industry that was already doing well invents practices that have been proven toxic to society as a whole, especially after taxpayers had to foot the enormous bill for such practices, i think it is more than prudent for the government to find a way to curtail said practices. The benefits of such a system are to discourage the practices that were a big player in pitching the world into a recession while simultaneously offsetting the sharply rising costs of higher education which, to this point, have caused their own societal ills with young people indebting themselves beyond their means (and in turn, making the financial industry boatloads of money).

That, moderate increase of taxes on the mega-rich, closing of tax loopholes for super profitable international conglomerates, and reallocation of our out of control defense spending (including the NSA) would be sufficient to make the kind of changes Bernie has proposed I think (I have yet to see an in depth explanation to the contrary). In addition, there are tons of systemic shifts that can be made that will both save money in the short term, and have broad, positive knock on effects in the long term. One is dramatic scale back of the drug war, and in turn a diminished taxpayer cost for mass incarceration. Pair this with the new tax resources that legalized marijuana would provide and you are saving tax dollars on enforcement, saving on exorbitant incarceration costs, returning hundreds of thousands of people to participate in the economy, and the added intangible but very real benefit of reuniting families (we all know how much better intact families fare economically).

I wouldn't qualify any of the above as some drastic increase in the power and overreach of government power, and in some cases is a dramatic decrease of it. Changing the rules on campaign finance and increasing voter turnout would go a long way to prising the govt back from the few, and increases in tech have only made the govt more transparent so that boundary oversteps are more easily spotted.

Investment in clean energy and our crumbling infrastructure is a high initial outlay, but one that would have far-reaching and long lasting economic benefits for the nation. The new deal worked, climate change is real and will be very expensive (how much did Katrina cost all told, and how much does crop loss cost, just to name two symptoms/similar effects), and our infrastructure was a big player in the economic gains of mid last century. There will always be cronyism and there will always be mistakes made by the government, but taking sensible steps that don't cost much to curtail these is vastly preferable in my mind than continued maintenance of the status quo that is by all accounts getting worse.