Author Topic: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC - pointless speculation in here please...  (Read 177409 times)

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
The latest is that we try to look forward positively. This thread isn't to recite previous negative shite or continue to abuse the manager.
 :wave

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
We had Sturridge?

Good point.

Hope I'm wrong but this over simplification of, "he just needs a decent striker [and our fucking troubles are over, dude]" feels like revisionism.

13/14 we had TWO decent strikers aaaand won what?

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
There's only one thing that's going to help get us back into the top 4 and that's bringing in some established players who can play now. I hope this point is addressed as part of the 'improvements' that both parties allegedly agree on.

If Fsg are just going to give him minimal money to spend, cross their fingers and hope we do better then I'll be gutted.

Offline Arthurs Bar

• Kopite
Dossier Mark II.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Any noise about changes to the setup? TC, backroom staff, how transfers will be targeted and conducted, Ian Ayre's role in the football side of things?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
I don't believe he'll turn it around. I hope he does, but I think the pressure'll be too much. Most of the fanbase has lost faith in BR.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
same ethics, same rules , less impatient fools , how long do we wait to see an improvement in defence, well how about we have a midfield that protects them first and then we might see less of defending the Alamo  at the back.

So three years and the second most expensive defense in world football isn't enough?

Four years and the most expensive [Clyne] defense. Would that do it for you? Or should I, too, fuck off to another club?

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
I think the onus is now massively on the owners to put their fingers in their pockets and buy some talented players. 80% of the fanbase wanted him gone. Many are now depressed and frustrated. We need some positivity. Football is psychological escapism. A mind crutch. It is belief. It gives us purpose. We need some hope and the signings we're linked with are not that.

If the club can sign a few talented players and we can start well then we may be back in business. Freebies or expensive 'prem proven' players are not the way forward.   
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
Brendan is a good fella', and I have faith he'll turn it around provided he overcomes his fixation with certain types of players.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Any noise about changes to the setup? TC, backroom staff, how transfers will be targeted and conducted, Ian Ayre's role in the football side of things?
I suppose its early days really mate, ultimately there seems to be an agreement that all-round improvement is necessary. Hopefully BR made his own points about securing targets more expediently. But I'd expect some changes in coaching/scouting otherwise such meetings are pointless  :-\

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite

Saw something in the mirror that said Rogers could be in trouble if he continues to ask for changes to transfer policy? No idea if that's true or not.

Does anyone know how much we have to spend this summer? Have we not just for in like 90 odd mil quid from TV money this season? 

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
I think it's very possible that FSG would be willing to just challenge for 4th for the next 3or 4 seasons until the stadium is sorted. A bit like arsenals lean years. Get CL every alternate season would be good enough for them. It seems.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
Why?

Him getting sacked part way through the season would be the worst possible outcome for us, as would create massive instability and likely lead to the season being a write off. If a change in manager needs to occur then it really ought to happen now; however, with the likes of Benitez, Klopp and Ancelotti being unavailable I can understand FSG not taking the risk.
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline wellred82

• Kopite
Found it

Offline robygerrard

• Anny Roader
What constitutes a successful season next year? For me Champions league qualification either through the Prem or Europa league. I'm old school & it pains me to say this but the FA & League cups should be low priority. Play the kids or the Balotellis or Borinis & see what happens.
Sadly Champion's league is all that counts these days.
If we're not in there next year we fall further behind.
The possible signings don't exactly fill me with confidence of achieving this either.
Milner- yes good solid pro with some quality & a good addition but not world class.
Clyne - like the looks of him. Good signing but still potential??
Ings - not convinced. Again potential.
Benteke - no unless we play to his strengths which I don't think Rodgers will do.
Origi - potential, who knows?
I want Rodgers to succeed & he has my full backing but he's under huge pressure now. Someone said unless we're in the relegation places by Xmas he gets the full season. Maybe so but any results a la Palace, Stoke, West Ham etc.. will be seized upon by many & things could get nasty for him.
Why do I feel an opportunity has been missed.
The most worried I've felt about our future since the days of Hodgson.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
He stays. I gotta be honest, I lost my faith in him last season. That doesn't mean, however, I don't want be proven wrong. Prove me wrong, Brendan. Make the theam show me that I was wrong in doubting you. If it happens, I'll gladly say I shouldn't have doubted you.

Because it'd mean good things for Liverpool FC. And that's the only thing that matters now. Not my opinion, nor those from people on twitter or other forums - only Liverpool matters.

But, please, aim higher. Don't fuck around. No pussyfooting. Not this time. Not anymore.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If that's the case its madness sticking with him.
Actually think he will get all next season
If it's a fk up he will be gone as they may push for a big change for the opening of the new stand
This summer is probably as big for BRs career as it is for fsg
They both need to get it right

Offline wellred82

• Kopite
I wanted him to stay all along, but only if they back him and give him what he needs. We saw last season how far he can take us with quality in the side where it matters. We lost some of that quality through injuries and players leaving so they need to fix that. If they think they only give him enough money for a chicken delight and expect him to bring home a kfc they are deluded.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
What constitutes a successful season next year? For me Champions league qualification either through the Prem or Europa league. I'm old school & it pains me to say this but the FA & League cups should be low priority. Play the kids or the Balotellis or Borinis & see what happens.

Although I love cup runs I tend to agree now mate. What would UEFA say about us not fielding full strength sides though?

Either way, preparation needs to commence now to enable us to cope with another long, but hopefully enjoyable season.

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
Its an incredibly ballsy move by FSG.  The pressure on them and Rodgers now is going to be huge.  They need to be perfect in every way.  If same mistakes are made this summer then its going to become incredibly toxic very quickly
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Actually think he will get all next season
If it's a fk up he will be gone as they may push for a big change for the opening of the new stand
This summer is probably as big for BRs career as it is for fsg
They both need to get it right

Can't see him getting long if things don't go well. The supporters are pretty much split down the middle based on here, most of the people I know want him out and if the results are poor then I can see the regular match go'ers losing faith too in which case it will be all over.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline billys-s3

• Kemlynite
well,if he stays ,only thing i can tell is goodnight LFC pride...
for me,  until now rodgers was the main responsible for liverpool becoming a team to laugh at,on the field and with his behaviour with the press . from now on, i wont criticise him again ,because he simply has been proved unable to manage us.
as an abroad fan, i will continue to watch every game, but i am already prepared for an early lost season. i cant back rodgers and ,most important, i cant back fsg anymore,because they lack ambition for the club . i think it s about time LFC fans turn against fsg.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
Brendan has Luis Suarez 2013-14 to thank for his stay of execution .....whether he can rise from the ashes of this complete mess of a season post-Suarez remains to be seen. Personally I hope it proves to be a good decision to keep him on for one last but my head tells me Brendan won't be seeing another summer transfer window as a a Liverpool manager after this one closes.....he had better hope it's a lucky one.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
well,if he stays ,only thing i can tell is goodnight LFC pride...
for me,  until now rodgers was the main responsible for liverpool becoming a team to laugh at,on the field and with his behaviour with the press . from now on, i wont criticise him again ,because he simply has been proved unable to manage us.
as an abroad fan, i will continue to watch every game, but i am already prepared for an early lost season. i cant back rodgers and ,most important, i cant back fsg anymore,because they lack ambition for the club . i think it s about time LFC fans turn against fsg.

Behave yourself

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's staying.  Now hopefully fans can stop their whinging and borderline abuse and get on with it.  The whole club needs to step up next season.  Hopefully we do. 

Offline norecat

• Kopite
Now that we know Brendan is staying there are three things he needs to do.

1. Restore the spirit in the squad.
2. Recognize the reality that all successful teams are built from the back and for that reality to be reflected on the pitch.
3. Targeted and sensible moves re the ins and outs transfer wise. No more scattergun.

Offline robygerrard

• Anny Roader
Although I love cup runs I tend to agree now mate. What would UEFA say about us not fielding full strength sides though?

Either way, preparation needs to commence now to enable us to cope with another long, but hopefully enjoyable season.
We have a squad & we use it I suppose. Don't think UEFA or the FA or the Football League can do anything about it. I think they'd make more of a fuss if we put out "weakened" sides in the Prem or the Europa.
I hate to disregard the cups but we've got to move with the times. Shanks was right about the league being the bread & butter but right now we don't exist to win trophies but do what's right for the future & that means Champs league qualification.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Truly hope he's learnt from this season.

It's a chance frankly I don't think he's warranted because it was such an utter clusterfuck of a season and we've seen better managers sacked for less. But he's staying, so we support him. It's such an important summer now, again I hope they realise Benteke is a terrible target and aim for the sort of striker who would thrive with our better players.

If he gets it even close to as wrong as he has this season we'll very quickly be learning German.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
Its an incredibly ballsy move by FSG.  The pressure on them and Rodgers now is going to be huge.  They need to be perfect in every way.  If same mistakes are made this summer then its going to become incredibly toxic very quickly

Neither have shown any sign that they learn their lessons. In that respect they are perfect bedfellows. Next season will be a car crash, Brendan doesn't handle pressure well and he'll be in a bear pit. I don't think it's fair to put him in this position. He's already failed and he should have been spared the type of character assassination that will kick off in 2 months time.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
Mind you, if by backroom changes we mean a DoF coming in that could make things more interesting

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
Very relieved he is staying on , another few seasons of transition would be too much . Can start preparing now straight away for next season . People expect him to fail could drive him on . We have a squad now so get in the first teamers in the 24 to 27 bracket. A good pre season with no injuries and lets drive on .
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
Neither have shown any sign that they learn their lessons. In that respect they are perfect bedfellows. Next season will be a car crash, Brendan doesn't handle pressure well and he'll be in a bear pit. I don't think it's fair to put him in this position. He's already failed and he should have been spared the type of character assassination that will kick off in 2 months time.

Curiously enough, JWHenry just said this regarding the current Red Sox (disappointing? I dunno, I'm not a baseball fan) season:

Jason Mastrodonato
‏@JMastrodonato
Henry says he's extremely disappointed but doesn't anticipate big changes to Red Sox. "We think this is the right team."

(Mastrodonato's a Boston reporter, btw)

And here's another news article about the same thing. His two teams with disappointing seasons and his reply to both is "I'm disappointed but we'll keep going the same way". Hm.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Positive news. We need a change of manager like a baseball bat to the bollocks.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.

So three years and the second most expensive defense in world football isn't enough?

Four years and the most expensive [Clyne] defense. Would that do it for you? Or should I, too, fuck off to another club?
You love the hyperbole sorry you didn't get the outcome you wished for
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
I'm really pleased the owners are sticking with him. I hope there will be transfer changes and other backroom moves to sort things out for next season.

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
We don't really turn on our managers, egregious examples like Hodgson aside. It's a real shame that this is likely to happen as soon as we hit a dip in form. It's not going to do the fans nor Rodgers nor the club any favours. I fear it's going to get grim.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
We don't really turn on our managers, egregious examples like Hodgson aside. It's a real shame that this is likely to happen as soon as we hit a dip in form. It's not going to do the fans nor Rodgers nor the club any favours. I fear it's going to get grim.

This could be the making of Rodgers as well. I think he got sloppy as did the club. Crank the pressure up, focus the mind, show everyone what you have got.

Offline Obviously

• Legacy Fan
He's staying.  Now hopefully fans can stop their whinging and borderline abuse and get on with it.  The whole club needs to step up next season.  Hopefully we do. 

Borderline abuse? He's been quite harshly abused from what i've seen, and that's not ok. Not wanting him as a manager is ok, but you need to show some respect as long as he's the manager.

I for one can't believe he's still in charge, we're on a downward spiral and i see it as postponing the inevitable. I have zero faith that he'll turn this around unfortunately. Maybe he'll be good enough in the future, but at the very least this job has come to soon for him. My impression was a humble man with a plan when he came to the club, that man seems to have a huge ego on the back of last season, and the plan seems to be gone. The mancs realized they had the wrong man and got a new manager with experience, a manager who knows what it takes to win. They rectified the situation as fast as they could, they understood the danger of falling behind in the race for top 4, our club seems oblivious to that. Backing the right man through a tough time is brilliant, backing the wrong man and the risk is huge.. Right now i see a manager that lacks the ability to sign the right players, that has lost the backing from a large part of the supporters, fails to inspire his players, tactically fails time and time again, can't organize a defense, blames others for his failings and throws players under the bus, is cringeworthy in the media.. The frustration is enormous, the faith in him has gone!

Death by football? Yeah, the mediocrity is killing me..

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Can you give me next weeks lottery numbers while you are in the mood for predicting? The character assassination has been going on for ages, some people just don't like him. You are right that the pressure is massively on all of them- it should as we are a massive club generating hundreds of millions of pounds- its time we started acting like it. We need to be far more efficient and focussed in everything we do- the obvious biggest improvement we can make is to address the transfers issue (even moving from shite to average would be a decent start).

A few astute signings (read good goalscorer and midfielder), a good preseason with no injuries, get off to a decent start and things will be looking up when Sturridge returns to add extra options.