Author Topic: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC - pointless speculation in here please...  (Read 177083 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
most of this forum is guesswork !

Are you Craig as well?

Of course a forum is guesswork. Its guesswork and opinions. No one knows what goes on. Doesn't mean its wrong to speculate what you think has happened
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Ummm...was this a response of semantics? Cuz last year was more than decent.

Yeah it was a misunderstaning i though he meant last season was decent. 13/14 was amazing.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I've backed him since the day he walked through the door, I'll back him until the day he leaves through it.

Glad there's been some clarity, now we need a good summer and to bounce back from last season in the right way.  Rodgers is a talented manager, now he needs to show he can a trophy-winning one.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Plenty of constructive comments below that Echo article.

Almost as toxic as the fighting cock [Tottenham forum]....

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Best thing to come out of this is that we have owners who don't respond instinctively to the zeitgeist. They've not been pressed into a decision based on apparent anger from sections of the fanbase. For good or ill you want the owners to be their own people.

History will judge them but the hostile "predictions" hold no value in reality.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
We unofficially approached Klopp before he announced his sabbatical. We couldn't convince him to come, he didn't like the project, and Brendan stays as a result. Let's not go thinking that we're not going for Klopp because he wanted a break, all the soundings were that he would come if the right proposal was made by LFC. God knows what FSG think of their approach to managing a football club, but it's something that a top manager didn't recognise and didn't like.
Was watching his farewell video he recorded for Dortmund earlier today and one thing struck me in particular was when he started talking about how the people he was leaving behind were all fans with the best interests of the club at heart - "every single person who works for BVB is also a fan of the club. I don't know if that's the case everywhere but it is here".

Pertinent?

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thats harsh to quote me and throw that in the response when I have never said anything like that. I got into a full blown row with a scouse lad at Old Trafford in the concourse last season when he was shouting that Brendan's a fraud. I've never disrespected him from a personal perspective. I've questioned his management and tactics but would never personally insult him as he has shown nothing but respect for the club and fans.

As for the owners, I don't think that if they would have made a change it would have been kneejerk. Kneejerk would have been sacking him in November when we were 13th and they were approaching other managers. At the end of the season when we have achieved or failed our targets, we are in a much stronger position to make a rational decision. When you look at the 3 years as a whole you see 1 very good season, one 'ok' season and an incredibly poor season. Its a split decision I guess but for me, I dont think he has achieved enough to keep his job. Its ok qualifying for the CL, but if you then win 1 out of 6 games and lose 4, its pretty meaningless don't you think? I certainly thought so stood at the Bernabeau looking at the starting line up.

He'll get my support and I hope to god he does well because that will ultimately mean that Liverpool do well and that is my main concern.
Sorry mate ,I didn't mean to make out you said that stuff, it was aimed at the more extreme anti- Rodgers brigade in here.

For me the very good season gives him another go for me, we have to see improvment early doors though or I think the pressure will get to everyone really quickly.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Maybe we will hire some more experienced coaches. People mention the transfer situation but maybe the club needs more expertise on the coaching side?

But can you see Rodgers doing that? He was so against a defensive coach coming in earlier I just can't see it

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
They say they will improve and change things.

They haven't a clue what is wrong
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
Best thing to come out of this is that we have owners who don't respond instinctively to the zeitgeist. They've not been pressed into a decision based on apparent anger from sections of the fanbase. For good or ill you want the owners to be their own people.

It goes both ways though, I suppose. For instance, all indications suggest that the owners seem to be steadfastly sticking to the current transfer set-up that they devised and value highly, while mostly everyone else, from LFC fans to uninvested neutrals, can see that it isn't working.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
But can you see Rodgers doing that? He was so against a defensive coach coming in earlier I just can't see it

He is at his weakest. He will accept anything to keep his job.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
They say they will improve and change things.

They haven't a clue what is wrong

Benteke is the answer!
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
Yeah it was a misunderstaning i though he meant last season was decent. 13/14 was amazing.
Gotcha. Regarding your coaching staff comment, I've often wondered what exactly Pascoe brings to the table and whether it'd be worth shaking up the coaching staff a bit. Rodgers can't run it all and while I know he wants those who've been with him a while around, I can't help but think there's room for improvement on that front.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!

oooh i just don't mate, I have a horrible horrible feeling that nothing will change

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
I doubt that this is true.

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• his processor is underclocked
  • Kopite

Your point is valid however a lot of fans myself included are surprised at this turn of events in comparison with how kenny was treated .

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
It's crucial now that the club/FSG. come out with what "improvements" are to be made, tangable, clear, defined and open for all to see.  Transfer committee, coaches (especially a defensive coach)will help reunite the split fan base.  Otherwise it's all just pr fluff to another season of mediocrity, with a falling "customer" count and the realisation that it's time to sell........ This makes me worried for the club I,ve loved since I was a boy..
was on blankety blank once and came second.........

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Was watching his farewell video he recorded for Dortmund earlier today and one thing struck me in particular was when he started talking about how the people he was leaving behind were all fans with the best interests of the club at heart - "every single person who works for BVB is also a fan of the club. I don't know if that's the case everywhere but it is here".

Pertinent?

If only that were true of this club, it may never be that way again sadly.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
Disgusted that Kenny wasn't given more time

Nothing will change

We will spunk £35m on Benteke and get Ings, Clyne and Milner

The first 10 games will go badly

Then absolute hell will break out.

Will the current group of players we have play for Brendan, will they give there all for the club. Judging by the Stoke performance the answer is no.

It's unbelievable that Werner didn't seem to notice this.
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
I doubt that this is true.

If its identified that a coach is needed then i dont see how Rodgers can say no now.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
I suppose he's got until December to sort things out, maybe even earlier. If we're not occupying one of the CL places by then, he's a goner and rightly so. Still, the double standards when you compare the situation with Kenny are quite astounding.

I've lost faith in Brendan but this would be the biggest folly. If we see an improving defense and a return to attacking football then I'd happily see us sat outside the CL places in Dec as he's shown that he can go on amazing runs of results. If he gets to stay then it has to be a full and proper shot. I just don't get the contradictory stance of FSG with wanting value yet shopping exclusively in the EPL.

« Last Edit: June 2, 2015, 09:57:51 pm by Johns_Barn »

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
we have to see improvment early doors though or I think the pressure will get to everyone really quickly.
We are now a massive accident waiting to happen. The manager's position, already under massive pressure, has now been severely weakened by all this talk of concessions to keep his job and other managers under consideration. One bad result,  two, becomes a bad patch, then very quickly becomes a huge full scale crisis now. And Rodgers doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who can handle the heat. Nor does this group of players look like they have much stomach for a big fight. The powers that be surely haven't thought this through very well or maybe they just really are this naïve but barring something extraordinary happening I can only envisage this ending one way. In tears.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
The owners silence is the biggest indication that they haven't got a fucking clue what they're doing.

Of course they won't make any changes

Of course they won't outline these improvements
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• Kopite

Nothing will change

Will the current group of players we have play for Brendan, will they give there all for the club. Judging by the Stoke performance the answer is no.

You left out who we will blow the sterling money on Get your 50 million thinking cap on and edit your post

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Nothing will change

Do you not think that part of the post season evaluation involved talking with all the players and the staff? I damn well hope it did.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
You left out who we will blow the sterling money on Get your 50 million thinking cap on and edit your post

I think your clearly taking the piss

I agree with a lot of the comment from other posters on here - we're now an accident waiting to happen

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• Kopite
If its identified that a coach is needed then i dont see how Rodgers can say no now.
Who you thinking ? Personally would take a mad punt on Didi 

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan

No idea. We dont know what coaches do and how good they are. It was just a high level point.

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• Kopite
I think your clearly taking the piss

I agree with a lot of the comment from other posters on here - we're now an accident waiting to happen
I am agreeing with your post minus Sterling the accident is not waiting to happen the season will be a write off before 10 games in

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Seriously, the atmosphere is going to be absolutely toxic if we don't have a good start to the season mate. The knives are well and truly out for Brendan I'm afraid.

Reading those comments in the Echo article there would appear to be more knives out for FSG as much as the manager.

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
The owners silence is the biggest indication that they haven't got a fucking clue what they're doing.

Of course they won't make any changes

Of course they won't outline these improvements

It seems unfair to quote one poster specifically, because I've read similar things from several on this thread, but...what happened to the fabled 'Liverpool Way'? There was a time when I'd come on this forum and the general attitude was that business should be conducted behind closed doors and owners should be seen and not heard. It would deeply embarrassing for everyone - owners, fans, management - if FSG were coming out and giving blow by blow updates on their strategy or discussing private details of their managers terms of contract.

I'm glad Rodgers is staying, it's a testament to the fact that we have a long term plan and I for one don't need to know every detail. We will all see for ourselves soon enough. There is clearly no one better available and Rodgers has shown enough to indicate that he can get us playing good football again. This time last year he was the Messiah. Back in the new year he had Risen Again, now all of a sudden he's not good enough? Bollocks.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.

We can't afford to take a 'punt' on just anybody.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Meeting's over. He's safe. Onwards to next season

Safe until Klopp finishes his rest you mean ⚡️

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We are now a massive accident waiting to happen. The manager's position, already under massive pressure, has now been severely weakened by all this talk of concessions to keep his job and other managers under consideration. One bad result,  two, becomes a bad patch, then very quickly becomes a huge full scale crisis now. And Rodgers doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who can handle the heat. Nor does this group of players look like they have much stomach for a big fight. The powers that be surely haven't thought this through very well or maybe they just really are this naïve but barring something extraordinary happening I can only envisage this ending one way. In tears.
The new fixture list could well be the thing that keeps him in a job, hard start like we usually get and  it's going to be tough on him.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Who also happened to deliver the most exciting league campaign since no.18...

Who also presided over the worst league start in 50 odd years...

Who also broke the away goals conceded for the club...

it's not black and white.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
The new fixture list could well be the thing that keeps him in a job, hard start like we usually get and  it's going to be tough on him.

Or it could be the thing that ultimately fucks him. A tough away game to a top 4 team, a trip to one of the newly promoted clubs, a home game against a team with a new manager (Newcastle) and before you know it we've got a handful of points a few games into the season and are immediately playing catch up. That would be absolutely disastrous.

Offline Red Sox

• Main Stander
  • welcome to the heighway .........
Eurgh, confirms nothing of the sort; there's plenty of us who are happy to have Rodgers in charge for another year, albeit with changes to the current system.
happy with mediocrity then.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It seems unfair to quote one poster specifically, because I've read similar things from several on this thread, but...what happened to the fabled 'Liverpool Way'? There was a time when I'd come on this forum and the general attitude was that business should be conducted behind closed doors and owners should be seen and not heard. It would deeply embarrassing for everyone - owners, fans, management - if FSG were coming out and giving blow by blow updates on their strategy or discussing private details of their managers terms of contract.

Where've you been all season and before, all our dirty linen gets regularly ayred (see what I did there) in public with leaks to a number of journo's.  Sterling's contract negotiations may as well have taken place via the Echo.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"

Mike Phelan and René Meulensteen would not be a bad shout to replace Pascoe and Marsh. They were instrumental to Ferguson's success in his later years, and both might be available as far as I've read. Phelan is at Hull right now, and Meulensteen is doing consulting work in the U.S.

Offline Cream147

• Anny Roader
This confirms my view that the owners are long-term people. Well done to them. Rodgers can be the man to take Liverpool forward, and frankly there is no one else available at this time. The whole club needs to restrategise from the top to the bottom, and I hope that that was what the majority of Werner and Rodgers' conversation was about. If we can get a really good centre forward in then that would really improve the atmosphere around the club right now (not to mention our woeful scoring record!)