Author Topic: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC - pointless speculation in here please...  (Read 177117 times)

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
Cant lie, very disappointed to hear he is staying, think he should have been sacked weeks ago.

He looked all the world like he's lost the dressing room, yet they give him a reprieve.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Rodgers staying is good news. As far as I'm concerned there are no managers out there who are unquestionably better than him and are willing to come here. Benitez was the only one, but the timing's not quite right there. The Ancelotti and Klopp suggestions by some were always extremely wishful thinking.

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
See first off, I actually feel, supporters aren't that important to clubs these days. We like to think we are the club and that our opinions matter, but I don't think they do. Whether people get behind him or not does not come into their thinking. It will however add pressure to Rodgers. I think that is just part of the football landscape now, and something all managers have to deal with. A section of the support is pissed off not because of the white teeth or new girlfriend, or that portrait, rather the football, which looked clueless last season at times. His job, is to win-over that support again, it is a two-way thing.

Fans are just customers to modern football clubs, no argument there.

Do fans have an impact on the club, its decisions to fire a manager? Yes they do because if everything the club does is played out under a cloud of negativity it will feed directly back into the club, the media will pander to the fans to get clicks and sell papers and echo what they think the fans want to hear, if that is rodgers head on block then that is what most of the media will play to. This has an impact. If you think it does not then so be it.

It is totally Rodgers job to win back the fans and repair what has taken place but if many fans do not not want that then his in a no win situation.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
A lot of fans have turned on Rodgers so he's got his work cut out to win them back, if the 1st 10 games of the season don't go to plan he'll be in big trouble and things will get very ugly!

Offline acks

• Kopite
A lot of fans have turned on Rodgers so he's got his work cut out to win them back, if the 1st 10 games of the season don't go to plan he'll be in big trouble and things will get very ugly!

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
My thoughts on this our quite simple, we all have our views and opinions over how the club has failed especially in the last quarter and on the big occasions (and rightly so), however we all must move forward as one now and back the manager.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
Woah! Woah!

Slow down there buddy.

He's braking, he'll slow down
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.

You have this the wrong way round, he doesn't need to win them back,  they support this manager or fuck off  to another club in my opinion
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
Kudos to FSG as they did the honorable thing here by recognizing their own huge part of culpability they had to our poor season. If they ever felt they gave the manager the right tools to succeed I`m more than sure he`d be fired and there wouldn`t be anyone out there ready to defend him.

First step towards the success in the next season has been made, now the second and even more important one has to be made which is buying goals and goalscorers good enough to play for us. 4 strikers scoring 8 goals should never ever happen again.

Or they're keeping on a manager who won't rock the boat, is relatively cheap and good with the media.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Or they're keeping on a manager who won't rock the boat, is relatively cheap and good with the media.
Who also happened to deliver the most exciting league campaign since no.18...

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
You have this the wrong way round, he doesn't need to win them back,  they support this manager or fuck off  to another club in my opinion

Oooh tough guy.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
Who also happened to deliver the most exciting league campaign since no.18...

And an average season, and a truly terrible one. Swings in roundabouts.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan

Yup exactly. Won't demand the earth, take what he's given then they'll sell up when ready. Life under our owners in full swing!
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

So there are no justifiable  reasons for people to feel Rodgers isn't the best man for the job and the club can do better?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oooh tough guy.

no just old skool it's how it was and how it should be till we let all the teat sucking wannabees in.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So there are no justifiable  reasons for people to feel Rodgers isn't the best man for the job and the club can do better?

they can feel what they like but they still support him or would you rather we lose games just to get rid of him ?

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
no just old skool it's how it was and how it should be till we let all the teat sucking wannabees in.

Bollocks and no matter how old your school is it's spelt "school" not skool.

"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

knew i would cash one thanks! ;D

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We can all discuss (and disagree) about the extenuating circumstances, but I'm not sure I agree that wanting Rodgers gone is impatient or knee-jerking. Mind you, there are ways of expressing yourself, for sure.

Oh, for sure. There's a big difference between the snides like Boardman and the bad dickheads in the comment section of the Echo. I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking Rodgers isn't up for it, that the job came too soon, that we'll treadmill again next season; for me, that's not a knee-jerk position as long as it's well-argued and reasonable . And yes, thankfully most - I'd hope, anyway - would rather see someone succeed at the Club, rather than revel in failure, patting their backs all the while. But make no mistake, there is a portion of our fan base who dislike Brendan Rodgers, the man and the coach.

I think from all the media noise it looks like we're going to give Rodgers more power if anything changes, which it looks like it might not anyway. I don't see how next season will be any different than this if it is the case. Ultimately I don't dislike FSG as owners nor do I have contempt for the amount of money they supply the club, but I do happen to think they lack the experience, nous and clarity of vision to run the club. I think they try their best, but I'm not sure the decisions they end up taking benefit the club.

Sadly I agree with all of this.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals

It depends if your into 'old skool' or not mate. ;)

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
I'm behind him, but I can't pretend I'm not worried.  I'd love nothing better than Rodgers proving my worries wrong though. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
He's braking, he'll slow down

Alright, alright, I've realised my mistake.  :P

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
If he is indeed going to be our manager next season, they now need to give him a 25-30 goal a season striker, with an good injury-record, otherwise the season will be another write off.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
Although I imagine if they did that we'd then have shouts of 'What the fuck are they talking so much for, just keep it in house'.

to be honest they're better keeping quiet, identifying the problems in house and working together as a unit to fix those problems with as little fuss and press coverage as possible.

The last thing that's needed is constant press briefings of the issues, then continually as they are putting them right - which would happen as the press would be like a dog with a bone in every press conference.
Finally someone says it. You guys seriously want a damn press conference outlining where we went wrong and what we're gonna do about it to placate the supporters? Think for a sec beyond what we'd all personally like and think about how that would work in actuality... Describing our failures whether they be in coaching, recruitment, team selection, tactics, backroom support, etc would be ruinous for so many reasons. Outlining in advance and publicly how we're going to solve it when we're dealing with a world where everyone including the entire football world that we're competing with would have a view to our hand or even a few of our cards is a terrifically bad idea. Going into an important summer (aren't they all) we need to do precisely what we are doing, and I'm not talking specifics of players. Review the season and clear the air between the football boss and the money boss, decide courses of action regarding current players, discuss structure of coaching and backroom staff, get going early on targets that they feel represent good value for the club, and discuss problem areas and strategic solutions. None of this should be aired publicly or it undermines the whole process, our options, and our bargaining positions.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
Rodgers entire career with Liverpool probably now rests in the hands of the fixtures computer. If they had hands.
Think the squad was baffled beyond relief by the end of last season, that is why we ended so shockingly, the players had no clue what Rodgers was even trying to play.
He needs to get them back understanding, and supporting, however he decides to have us play game 1, he also needs new players to adapt and he needs a decent start, being humped by Pulis or someone in the opening game followed by a one sided Victory for a top 4 club at Anfield and he may be the first manager gone.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I'm behind him, but I can't pretend I'm not worried.  I'd love nothing better than Rodgers proving my worries wrong though. 

People should be worried and people should be on edge, Rodgers especially. I think everyone slacked off last summer so what better than the threat of ultimate doom for him to focus the mind. I back him, i wanted him to stay but i am happy he is under pressure and i hope he is feeling it. We have to be focussed and do better because last season was shite.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys

Looking forward to my £10 ticket next season if we're playing 'old skool' Geoff. Oh yeah, its 2015, where nobody gives a shit about the fans and what we feel or how we're treated. We should just line up in our droves and believe the lies and bullshit fed to us.

The only teat sucking wannabee is the likes of yourself Geoff who is so far up the clubs arse that you cant see the obvious. But I guess your not arsed about travelling across the country paying shit loads of money to get twatted 6-1 as you don't go the game anymore as you've been priced out. The irony. Its still 1980, la la la la la la.....

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
Right there with ya.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well i am happy about this decision; He deserves another go at this tough job.

Given the small amount of constantly posting pricks who posted totally disgraceful stuff about his private life will be pissed off that they haven't got their way that's just a bonus in my opinion.

It's nice to see we are still not a knejerking sacking club like so many lesser clubs with less ethical fans !

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It's Liverpool FC not Rodgers FC, mate.

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
Apparently they sounded out other managers, though, according to Northcroft in The Times (and Kay backed him up). Doesn't seem like they were too confident and we likely got turned down by other "upgrades."

In a way, I'd have to tip my hat to FSG if they really were to stick with Rodgers and completely shirk other possibilities, though that wasn't the case.

I doubt there was a time when Peter Robinson wasn't - very discreetly and tactfully - sounding out/'building a relationship with' a potential new manager. He was a meticulous man who always was prepared for the need for a change. So I'd hope that FSG did, and keep on doing, something similar.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
Doesn't look like there will be any changes to manager, committee concept or personnel or our strategy. That to me is madness, surely something went wrong last season, if the answer is to just write 'D- Must try harder' then it is hard to imagine how we get better.
Best hope now is we see an expansion of the coaching staff to bring in experience and a different voice.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Looking forward to my £10 ticket next season if we're playing 'old skool' Geoff. Oh yeah, its 2015, where nobody gives a shit about the fans and what we feel or how we're treated. We should just line up in our droves and believe the lies and bullshit fed to us.

The only teat sucking wannabee is the likes of yourself Geoff who is so far up the clubs arse that you cant see the obvious. But I guess your not arsed about travelling across the country paying shit loads of money to get twatted 6-1 as you don't go the game anymore as you've been priced out. The irony. Its still 1980, la la la la la la.....

you maybe a red not sure its the right red though.  If nobody cares about the fans why are you pissed off lad!

Offline acks

• Kopite
People should be worried and people should be on edge, Rodgers especially. I think everyone slacked off last summer so what better than the threat of ultimate doom for him to focus the mind. I back him, i wanted him to stay but i am happy he is under pressure and i hope he is feeling it. We have to be focussed and do better because last season was shite.

I don't think he's performed well under pressure so far. He's gonna have to pull some David Blaine type shit to extricate himself from the mess we're in. I have serious doubts over his capabilities, but I'm going to support him nonetheless.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
Well i am happy about this decision; He deserves another go at this tough job.

Given the small amount of constantly posting pricks who posted totally disgraceful stuff about his private life will be pissed off that they haven't got their way that's just a bonus in my opinion.

It's nice to see we are still not a knejerking sacking club like so many lesser clubs with less ethical fans !

Mutton Geoff 2 - the revenge.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
I don't think he's performed well under pressure so far. He's gonna have to pull some David Blaine type shit to extricate himself from the mess we're in. I have serious doubts over his capabilities, but I'm going to support him nonetheless.

He just needs a striker though and he'll be ok.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
Doesn't look like there will be any changes to manager, committee concept or personnel or our strategy. That to me is madness, surely something went wrong last season, if the answer is to just write 'D- Must try harder' then it is hard to imagine how we get better.
Best hope now is we see an expansion of the coaching staff to bring in experience and a different voice.

They are selling up mate pure and simple. There's no need to tear it up for one season.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
I wonder how they define 'improvements'. Seems a bit vague.

...a bit like FSG's leadership.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's Liverpool FC not Rodgers FC, mate.

last time i looked Rodgers is the manager of Liverpool FC, not Klopp, not Rafa, not Fatsam , so who should you support?

all these pissed off people right now it's just so good.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
He just needs a striker though and he'll be ok.
Great. I knew we were all over reacting.