Author Topic: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC - pointless speculation in here please...  (Read 177408 times)

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
happy with mediocrity then.

Was last year mediocre? I've made my point clear that I'm only happy with it if there's changes put in place, feel free to ignore it to push your point though.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
My optimism is starting to dilute. I just can't help thinking that we are slowly sinking towards mid,-table apathy. I think we'll see a lot of talk but no real change or desire.
#JFT97

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Brendan has huge balls because if he fucks up in the first 10 games of the season, the atmosphere is going to get pretty nasty. He'll bear the brunt of it, because those cowards who own our club will be hiding as usual.

Link?
Kill the humourless

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
Where've you been all season and before, all our dirty linen gets regularly ayred (see what I did there) in public with leaks to a number of journo's.  Sterling's contract negotiations may as well have taken place via the Echo.

Yeah I agree, which is my point in a roundabout way - I want the owners to do less public laundry airing, not more. I don't know where some of our 'supporters' get this sense of entitlement from, as if they personally need to be consulted on every decision.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
The new fixture list could well be the thing that keeps him in a job, hard start like we usually get and  it's going to be tough on him.

Wishful thinking mate.

The bed wetters will be out in force if we don't steamroller everyone in pre season.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
I'm going to add my guesswork to the rest of the speculation in here. I think his transfer input will be clipped in future and he will have been given a dressing down over his treatment of some of the TC signings, it's something they can do without having to go into the specifics of explaining publicly as it's all a grey area anyway. I don't think he'll have a coach imposed on him though he may choose to employ some more experienced staff as that might take the player/fan pressure off him for a while at least.

He'll be under intense scrutiny next season from his tactics to his team selections to his player-manager interactions. He really can't afford to put a foot wrong in any way.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Im glad Brendan's staying, but I hope it is a decision made with 100% faith in him. By that, it means that there is no "fuck up the first 10 games and you're out" kind of message. If we are backing him, then it has to be till January at the earliest. They have to be prepared to write of the majority of the season but I still the minimum target has to be CL for him to stay past next season.

The reason I say this is because we have usually improved after Xmas so if there is a bad start we can at least recover it, which we may not do if we sack him in a panic.

Of course, if they are not prepared to do this, then we may well be in deep shit because we have no real plans and are backing him blindly.

Hope the TC issues are resolved quickly because that is crucial to our work this summer. Benteke is a huge risk, an even bigger one than Balo or Lovren. They need to be 100% sure he is the man, because most of us are unconvinced.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
He just needs a striker though and he'll be ok.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I heard the same thing when Suarez was banned....guess what?

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
..what happened to the fabled 'Liverpool Way'?

It's been replaced with 'fans'.
Kill the humourless

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I heard the same thing when Suarez was banned....guess what?

We had Sturridge?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wishful thinking mate.

The bed wetters will be out in force if we don't steamroller everyone in pre season.

Remarks and comments like that only help to stifle debate and move the thread off on a tangent. Well done.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
happy with mediocrity then.

no try harder with your standard of posting!
They are just such one line mediocrity
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
Wishful thinking mate.

Like last seasons pre season? Stood us good stead for the start of the season didn't it? oh wait...
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
We're standing still. Usually a fatal strategy in this league. This season we battled with Southampton and Spurs. Don't be surprised if next season we're battling with West Ham, Palace and the Blueshite.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
This is the first summer where I just don't really care anymore. Everything is just going to be the same next season. 'Improvements must be made' is the stupidest agreement.

No point in getting in a new transfer strategy, since we've already found our targets for the summer. Clyne/Ings/Benteke/Milner/then a goalkeeper.

Our closest rivals aren't the top four, it's Spurs and southampton. Whilst United and Arsenal are now improving.

At the end of seasons when we know we're not gonna make top four, and not in a battle for anything, I don't usually care if we lose/win/play well, I can get over it quickly etc. Coming into this next season, I think I'll just be the same.

'Meh'.

It's West Ham we all need to be worrying about.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
I genuinely never thought for one single second after that Stoke game that the owners will keep BR.

I thought they would take the hypocritical route, sack the manager so we wouldn`t take a closer look at them but they really showed they are people of integrity and they won`t be swayed by mass anger if they think they can make it right and make up for it in the future.

We did the lousiest job imaginable in terms of directly replacing Suarez`s goals as our 3 healthy strikers this finished season scored only 4 goals in total and at least now we`ll have another shot at it. If we get it as epically wrong again then we don`t deserve nice things. Still I can`t imagine we can possibly do something so inadequate again, surely.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Unless there's a major change in the transfer committee, this will be the moment I've lost faith in FSG.

When we had that season under Kenny, FSG came in and fired the director of football, the manager and the head of medicine. They then sanctionned the fucking off on loan of their record signing. We didn't agree with everything they did, but they took a stand and made it clear they thought the season was unacceptable and that they made people accountable.

If they do absolutely nothing now about this car crash of a season after 2 years of the most ridiculous waste of money and illogical transfers in world sport history, as well as 2 years of failing to get our targets then they will have made a statement that nobody is accountable for anything at Liverpool Football Club and the on the pitch results are the lest of their concerns. 

If that's the case, then the wonderful 13/14 season could be seen in the future as the last hurrah of this great club and last season as the beginning of the end of this institution's pretense of being a top club, existing to challenge and win trophies.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Well Shanks would have been a gone  then with your stance about how things should be done here, its simple Rodgers position was not untenable therefore he should stay, also nobody around would be an upgrade now the chosen one Klopp has ruled out coming here. Mind you right about i wasn't at the Stoke game i was in Toronto instead but still pissed off with the result.

He has had a decent season and he had a difficult season with many factors hidden from the fans i reckon, so do you take a massive gamble with some other young manager coming in and possibly making things even worse ( Leeds and Newcastle style) or do you hope that the present guy steadies the ship with FSG and the Fans supporting him.

FFS that was a completely different era different pressures and landscapes!

Exactly how long do you wait to see improvement in our defense?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

FFS that was a completely different era different pressures and landscapes!

Exactly how long do you wait to see improvement in our defense?

same ethics, same rules , less impatient fools , how long do we wait to see an improvement in defence, well how about we have a midfield that protects them first and then we might see less of defending the Alamo  at the back.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Remarks and comments like that only help to stifle debate and move the thread off on a tangent. Well done.

Stifle debate ? You're having a fucking laugh.

He's been ridiculed on here for having white teeth and losing weight. The majority of posters on here want him gone, irrespective of what's gone on today and will no doubt be gutted he's still in charge. The groundswell when Klopp and Rafa made it clear they were leaving their respective jobs this summer was huge.

We've got people implying that he's only here whilst Christmas, he's keeping the seat warm until Klopp wants the job. It's a fucking disgrace. And the so called supporters should hang their heads in shame.

But when the forum opens it's doors to all and sundry that's what happens isn't it, for every TIND, PoP, and the many other brilliant contributors to the site we have an influx of morons. Every fucking thread since March has been infiltrated by the flotsam and Jetsum of Rawk in an attempt to twist the thread into a 'Rodgers out' thread despite numerous pleas from Mods.

So take your faux morale outrage and shove it up your fucking arse, mate.

:wave
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
I genuinely never thought for one single second after that Stoke game that the owners will keep BR.

I thought they would take the hypocritical route, sack the manager so we wouldn`t take a closer look at them but they really showed they are people of integrity and they won`t be swayed by mass anger if they think they can make it right and make up for it in the future.

It could also be the reported 10m it would take to clean house put them off.

I hope its for the correct reasons but we dont know.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

He's been ridiculed on here for having white teeth and losing weight. The majority of posters on here want him gone, irrespective of what's gone on today and will no doubt be gutted he's still in charge. The groundswell when Klopp and Rafa made it clear they were leaving their respective jobs this summer was huge.

We've got people implying that he's only here whilst Christmas, he's keeping the seat warm until Klopp wants the job. It's a fucking disgrace. And the so called supporters should hang their heads in shame.

But when the forum opens it's doors to all and sundry that's what happens isn't it, for every TIND, PoP, and the many other brilliant contributors to the site we have an influx of morons. Every fucking thread since March has been infiltrated by the flotsam and Jetsum of Rawk in an attempt to twist the thread into a 'Rodgers out' thread despite numerous pleas from Mods.

:wellin

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Or it could be the thing that ultimately fucks him. A tough away game to a top 4 team, a trip to one of the newly promoted clubs, a home game against a team with a new manager (Newcastle) and before you know it we've got a handful of points a few games into the season and are immediately playing catch up. That would be absolutely disastrous.
Think I'll turn to watching bowlsif we have a start like that.

Wishful thinking mate.

No doubt some will go off on one first half of the first game if were not on song, but I've got to say the only good pre season we've had since Rafa's 2nd to last one was 2 summers ago and look at the season we had. After the season we've just had we need some confidence building results going into the first game in August. Its not a must though that's for sure.

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
All this talk of reviewing in January is ridiculous. Unless we are in the relegation zone come christmas he needs to be given the season. Sacking a manager mid-season would be a disaster. We would end up with a hideous short term fix. Trust me,  Ancelotti and Klopp will not be coming to our rescue in january should we be performing badly. They are considerably above where we are at the moment. Give Rodgers the season. Like it or not its done now. Time to look to the future and for nkw the future is Brendan.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
It could also be the reported 10m it would take to clean house put them off.
If they were running their enterprises in such amateurish manner they wouldn`t be winning world series on more occasions than one. They are not just dumb money men. They know sports and how to run teams.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Hahaha spot on.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You can do the same with your pigeon holing and hyperbole. There have been plenty of well structured and reasoned arguments in favour of Rodgers being replaced yet the illogical nonsense gets continually rehashed to try and belittle those arguing against him staying on. There's a good reason for that tactic though . . .

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• his processor is underclocked
  • Kopite
same ethics, same rules , less impatient fools , how long do we wait to see an improvement in defence, well how about we have a midfield that protects them first and then we might see less of defending the Alamo  at the back.

Agree with what I think is your point , our midfield is the root of all our problems . Milner is a start but really feel we need a equivalent souness/masch/sissoko/injury free Lucas as well.  Must be out there somewhere prefer South American as they have that nasty streak we are missing.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
No surprise he's staying after Klopp, Ancelotti and Rafa all became "unavailable". As OP says, my interest in footy has waned so not really fussed as I would've been a few years ago.

After that Stoke game how he will manage to gather everyone's spirits to get themselves up for another season I honestly don't know. Gut feeling is he is on a hiding to nothing. And the reported transfers aside from 1 or 2 don't inspire any sort of feeling of the squad being revitalised. If he continues with what we're targeting then transfers will be the death of his tenure here.

Good luck to him and the club.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
Haha! All these arguments remind me of the end days of every manager we've had since RAWK came into existence. How this all ends has such a familiar inevitability to it.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
How many kids has Brendan got? Just askin.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
Frankly, I have no idea if this is good or bad.

Maybe he does an Alex Ferguson, but there's little to suggest him being the man to take the club back to where it belongs, other than 1 season of having one of the all time greatest ever premier league strikers, in the form of his life, almost taking us to glory through the sheer strength of his peerless magic.

Transfer targets do not fill me with optimism, but I suppose there's no option but to trust him now. The way he had us playing in 13/14, the way he brought through Sterling and made Henderson look a player, those are the things i'll try to remember in the upcoming months. He should've gone, and Klopp should've been seduced, but it's done now - Will focus on moaning about transfer committee and owners for the time being.

I likes to moan.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
Maybe we will hire some more experienced coaches. People mention the transfer situation but maybe the club needs more expertise on the coaching side?

Mike Marsh and the short wearing chap do not look like top coaches.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
He needs to win 6 of his first 10. Else he will be gone i reckon.

If that's the case its madness sticking with him.
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
Link?
Better yet, why don't you post a link to how often they come watch their club?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
If that's the case its madness sticking with him.
Why?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Graig ds, SerbianScouser and mouton Geoff I've never heard such self-righteous super fandom ever. Your so far up your own and the clubs holes. Your stinking the fucking place out.

Agreed. That guy is right up his own arse.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What it does tell me, is FSG's ambitions are to get into the CL spots and get as far as the group stages or a round further than that. Two things I feel Rodgers will never get right is the defence and playing in Europe. He can however put out an attacking free-flowing side that more often than not will outscore the opposition. Seems like the whole approach is based on Fergie's last league winning side. Score more than the opposition. At least it is a plan and strategy that is vaguely achievable.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
It's all the same then.
We can forget this season.
Rodgers either secures CL next season and wins his first ever trophy or it's his last season with Liverpool. It would have been the same even without the humiliating end to this season. How he does it I don't know, but he needs to start winning trophies. You can't have four barren seasons and survive.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
Never been impressed by FSG (aside from the commercial side in which they're up to date).

I expect the usual PR firm written statement of support for Brendan, a change or two, but no clearing of the ayre stealing cockroaches or high salaried footie know-nothings running the club.

We'll see what the squad looks like come August. Since I'm a masochist I'll be eating up every f-ing article, tweet, etc about potential signings. I hope Sebu Pundit makes more appearances to cheer the mood.....