Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1782416 times)

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #15040 on: May 20, 2024, 09:54:24 am »
I had this discussion with some of my mates (Who all left) in the pub after.

I'm not sure if our fans are dickheads or if the club fucked up.

We stayed because we've been going for 40 years and we waited for the lap of honour, but as you said 99% of the fans fucked off.

What the actual fuck? We did our best to clap the players, but you could tell they were thinking 'What the actual fucking fuck - everyone has fucked off' and barely any of them bothered.

Not sure what is going on with our fans any more.

The club fucked up!

Online emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15041 on: May 20, 2024, 10:18:10 am »
I think specifically Peter McDowell. He announces that the lap of honour is happening just after Jurgen's speech.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #15042 on: May 20, 2024, 10:19:54 am »
We stayed partly to finally sit down and thinking of the usual lap of honour. We were then unsure as everyone went off again after the presentations and no announcement to say the players were coming back out.

Club royally fucked it up and it was confusing. Needed to tell us before that the first part was all about Klopp and staff, short break and then the players back out.

Offline AnnieRoad93

• Main Stander
« Reply #15043 on: May 20, 2024, 10:23:07 am »
We left after the ynwa in front of the kop, didn’t  even realise they were going to do a lap, think most people not interested in seeing players and their kids doing laps anymore really
Underneath the floodlights down in Düsseldorf...

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #15044 on: May 20, 2024, 10:24:19 am »
Not sure why the club didn’t throw on YNWA too when the players all lined up in front of the kop.

i think a lot of people assumed there’d be no walk around after the stewards were standing around the perimeter preventing any players from going near the stands.

I got off once the players went back in and I’ve been to plenty of final home games over the years

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15045 on: May 20, 2024, 10:40:52 am »
Not sure why the club didn’t throw on YNWA too when the players all lined up in front of the kop.

i think a lot of people assumed there’d be no walk around after the stewards were standing around the perimeter preventing any players from going near the stands.

I got off once the players went back in and I’ve been to plenty of final home games over the years

Yeah exactly that. I got off, I saw the players leaving after they'd done YNWA at the Kop end and a fair few had walked past where I was in the Kenny/annie road end at full time anyway. Jurgs had done the fist bumps to all 4 sides of the ground, when the players left the pitch I just assumed that was it. Thought it was a bit strange they'd not done the thing with the families but  was already like 45 mins after the game by then and figured with all the other stuff that would be that.

It was generally a great send off for Jurgen but this bit wasn't particularly organized or clear [to me at least, or it seems thousands of others]
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #15046 on: May 20, 2024, 10:42:35 am »
Yeah exactly that. I got off, I saw the players leaving after they'd done YNWA at the Kop end and a fair few had walked past where I was in the Kenny/annie road end at full time anyway. Jurgs had done the fist bumps to all 4 sides of the ground, when the players left the pitch I just assumed that was it. Thought it was a bit strange they'd not done the thing with the families but  was already like 45 mins after the game by then and figured with all the other stuff that would be that.

It was generally a great send off for Jurgen but this bit wasn't particularly organized or clear [to me at least, or it seems thousands of others]

We waited and they came out as expected with their kids and families as expected ten minutes later.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #15047 on: May 20, 2024, 10:51:18 am »
A lot of people had trains to catch as well. The presentations went on far longer than I thought they wouldn't and I basically had to run back to Lime Street for a train 1 hour and 55 minutes after the final whistle.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15048 on: May 20, 2024, 11:04:46 am »
Absolutely loads started making tracks after the YNWA (which George should have actually played I think). Thought that was just it basically and they'd miss out the traditional end of season lap given it was all about Klopp. Someone should have made it more clear, loads would have stayed, myself included like.

It still felt like a decent enough send off. Personally I'd have had the players do a quick lap round the pitch just after full time (no families as it would have taken the piss time wise) then sorted out Matip/Thiago/Klopp/Staff stuff.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15049 on: May 20, 2024, 11:34:47 am »
Absolutely loads started making tracks after the YNWA (which George should have actually played I think). Thought that was just it basically and they'd miss out the traditional end of season lap given it was all about Klopp. Someone should have made it more clear, loads would have stayed, myself included like.

It still felt like a decent enough send off. Personally I'd have had the players do a quick lap round the pitch just after full time (no families as it would have taken the piss time wise) then sorted out Matip/Thiago/Klopp/Staff stuff.

I thought that would have been the way they did it - watching on telly, there didn't seem to be any expectation that the players would come back out, I wandered into the garden came back in about 5 mins later and saw the players coming out and Klopp still out - someone managed to get Ulla to sign a Klopp banner too
Jurgen YNWA

Offline noneoftheabove

• Main Stander
« Reply #15050 on: May 20, 2024, 12:24:06 pm »

Definitely George should have played YNWA. That must have been the intention but maybe didnt want to start it as the Kop had started singing it.

Offline The25thofmay

• Kemlynite
« Reply #15051 on: May 20, 2024, 12:30:29 pm »
Was in the upper Annie yesterday and atmosphere was great. Best in a long long time. Partly because the game didnt really matter so there was no anxiety just people celebrating Jurgen. One thing I'd do going forward is kill the music completely for the 10 minutes before kick off. Let the fans get the atmosphere going with our own songs.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15052 on: May 20, 2024, 12:57:14 pm »
Was in the upper Annie yesterday and atmosphere was great. Best in a long long time. Partly because the game didnt really matter so there was no anxiety just people celebrating Jurgen. One thing I'd do going forward is kill the music completely for the 10 minutes before kick off. Let the fans get the atmosphere going with our own songs.

Nobody ever listens to the music anyway. When I was sitting in my old seat in the Main Stand it was just noise as the PA was crap. Before all seater stadiums we had to get in early to get a spec and sometimes George would put on something interesting and have chat about it. Today with bars and food on offer nobody really takes their seat until about 10/15 minutes before kick off so the music is pointelss apart from YNWA.

Offline donnerz

• Main Stander
« Reply #15053 on: May 20, 2024, 01:00:01 pm »
Great atmosphere - shame we couldn't really hear Jurgen's speech at the back of AL as the sound was so muffled.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #15054 on: May 20, 2024, 05:28:49 pm »
A lot of people had trains to catch as well. The presentations went on far longer than I thought they wouldn't and I basically had to run back to Lime Street for a train 1 hour and 55 minutes after the final whistle.

Lap of honour is normally only 5-10 minutes after the whistle last home game.

At least it's better than Rafa's last home game where most of the crowd buggered off on (or before) the final whistle and Rafa's left waving to an empty crowd.

Probably could have worked the itinerary a bit better as Jurgen's speech was an hour or so after the final whistle and then the players go in front of the Kop with YNWA. Stands to reason people wouldn't expect them to come back out again after that if it's not been communicated. Would have been pushing 8pm by the time the lap of honour had finished.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #15055 on: May 20, 2024, 05:34:57 pm »

We stayed because we've been going for 40 years and we waited for the lap of honour, but as you said 99% of the fans fucked off.

What the actual fuck? We did our best to clap the players, but you could tell they were thinking 'What the actual fucking fuck - everyone has fucked off' and barely any of them bothered.

to be honest, I was watching at home and thinking 'hold on, do they not come out with their families during the last home game of the season? Are they not doing that this time? I thought they said something about a lap of honour but it doesn't seem to be happening and the ground is emptying?'

I imagine there were a fair few people there who had spent a ton of money to get a ticket by hook or by crook, had never been to the ground before, and perhaps didn't know? OK, not 99% of them, but I did see someone say they were coming over from Canada and it was their first time at the ground.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #15056 on: May 20, 2024, 09:03:20 pm »
to be honest, I was watching at home and thinking 'hold on, do they not come out with their families during the last home game of the season? Are they not doing that this time? I thought they said something about a lap of honour but it doesn't seem to be happening and the ground is emptying?'

I imagine there were a fair few people there who had spent a ton of money to get a ticket by hook or by crook, had never been to the ground before, and perhaps didn't know? OK, not 99% of them, but I did see someone say they were coming over from Canada and it was their first time at the ground.

You'll certainly have people needing to get trains/coaches/flights back. Sunday service is less frequent or stops as the day goes on and Anfield not exactly easy go get away from. A lot of injury time doesn't help either - for a game that technically should finish at 17:45 it must have been past 19:00 with Klopp's speech.

For fans to stay a couple of hours past the final whistle, it's only going to naturally happen if we're lifting the title. A lot more would have made an exception yesterday had it been communicated properly and/or the timings had been tighter. Was surprised to see it empty out so quick but that suggests a communication issue.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #15057 on: May 20, 2024, 11:13:37 pm »
Great atmosphere - shame we couldn't really hear Jurgen's speech at the back of AL as the sound was so muffled.

I’ve said it for awhile and I know it’s trivial but our grounds sound system is awful compared to other stadiums, we are even sponsored by Sonos ffs.

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #15058 on: May 20, 2024, 11:37:32 pm »
I’ve said it for awhile and I know it’s trivial but our grounds sound system is awful compared to other stadiums, we are even sponsored by Sonos ffs.

Could barely hear anything on the PA from the back of the Kop apart from when there was silence so we could listen to Jürgen. Even then like many others I thought he started singing his song rather than singing Arne Slot's name.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15059 on: May 20, 2024, 11:49:23 pm »
I think specifically Peter McDowell. He announces that the lap of honour is happening just after Jurgen's speech.
We didn't hear that, most people thought it was all over. We just stayed by chance and got lucky they all came back out. There didn't seem to be a formal walk round by the time we'd left which was very late.
Just players randomly wandering round individually.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15060 on: May 20, 2024, 11:57:18 pm »

I was watching it on the telly and thought it was all over when they headed up the tunnel the first time around.

It's just miscommunication. PA or George should have reiterated that they were still to do a lap of honour with YNWA. Everyone would have stayed no doubt.

Offline Red Wanderer

• Main Stander
« Reply #15061 on: May 20, 2024, 11:57:59 pm »

We’ve stayed behind pretty much every season for the lap of honour. Yesterday we missed it because we had no indication it was happening - we’d been stood there for the best part of an hour, all the speeches and goodbyes had been said, fist pumps all round the ground, the players had walked about and waved and then they headed down the tunnel.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15062 on: May 21, 2024, 12:19:59 am »
Gutted to hear there was a lap of honour yesterday. It’s honestly my favourite part of the last home game and has been since I was a boy. That definitely wasn’t communicated correctly. The emotion post YNWA yesterday was intense for me anyway. I definitely didn’t expect a lap. I certainly wouldn’t have left had I known.

But like others I can’t believe George didn’t play YNWA. Yes it was lovely we all sang it but the moment deserved it played.

Ah look I dunno I’m a broken man after the emotions yesterday. I don’t know if I’ve ever cried like that for that long.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #15063 on: May 21, 2024, 12:54:53 am »

Final 10 minutes of the Wolves match - with Anfield singing 'I Feel Fine' to Klopp throughout: https://ok.ru/video/7355470514698?fromTime=2687 (at 86m 40s into the video)

^ or a 10 minute 220mb download file here: https://mega.nz/file/sK0GSLBJ#5DmQwDyX3uzQYv8CyVP8l6GCmeXefL3z2NLHS0jkWCc

mpre content in the 'Liverpool Audio/Video Thread', here: www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg19455866#msg19455866 (and then scroll down)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline -Mike-M-

• Kemlynite
« Reply #15064 on: May 21, 2024, 01:06:01 am »
I'm gutted I left the ground before the lap of honour..

It wasn't the fans fault, we had no idea it was happening.

Most would have stayed if it had been announced for sure.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #15065 on: May 21, 2024, 01:23:03 am »
Final 10 minutes of the Wolves match - with Anfield singing 'I Feel Fine' to Klopp throughout: https://ok.ru/video/7355470514698?fromTime=2687 (at 86m 40s into the video)

^ or a 10 minute 220mb download file here: https://mega.nz/file/sK0GSLBJ#5DmQwDyX3uzQYv8CyVP8l6GCmeXefL3z2NLHS0jkWCc

mpre content in the 'Liverpool Audio/Video Thread', here: www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg19455866#msg19455866 (and then scroll down)

Thanks for them Jason. That final 10 mins of the Jurgen song with seemingly everybody on their feet, clapping and singing was unprecedented at Anfield in its sustained power and volume. And the raised volume when we got the corner was as loud as anything I've ever heard in the ground.

Watching it back I think the camera focused on Jurgen and then Ulla and you could see they were choked Im sure by the warmth generated by the crowd with that non stop 10 minutes ear piercing serenading. I know I was as my own tears flowed.

Also in the telly coverage Jamie Carragher said not many managers get that sort of adulation. Well Jamie, in fact there's actually only been two - the first one a man from Glenbuck and the second this amazing fella from Germany.

What a send off we gave him. And so deserved. A unique man got a uniquely Anfield farewell. So sad but so inspiring.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #15066 on: May 21, 2024, 01:27:31 am »
Also for those lamenting the lap of honour. It wasn't any great shakes. Yeah it was good fun seeing all the kids and players but deffo a case of "after the Lord mayor's show"

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #15067 on: May 21, 2024, 09:59:50 am »
Was in lower KD and couldn't hear Klopp's speech. Sound system was terrible
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15068 on: May 21, 2024, 10:16:44 am »
Utterly baffling that George didn't play YNWA, glad it wasnt just me thinking it

I also got off when the players went down tunnel, thought that was it

But tbf wouldn't have stayed anyway as it went on for ages, think everyone had had enough by that point. Enjoyed it though

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15069 on: May 21, 2024, 10:25:18 am »
Didn't hear anything about a lap of honor after the presentation, a bit guttered I didn't know but at the same time I had to leave (I had to get to somewhere by 8 and th speech ended at like 10 to 7)

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15070 on: May 21, 2024, 12:43:59 pm »
Much prefer spontaneity over corporate. That’s the age we live in I suppose. I would have preferred the Boss to do a slow walk around the ground à la Shanks after the  League win in 1973....a growing crescendo until he got to the Kop and then if necessary George doing the business with YNWA., and then all slowly leave the pitch. But that’s just me, and I am an arl arse after all.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #15071 on: May 22, 2024, 02:22:35 am »
Much prefer spontaneity over corporate. That’s the age we live in I suppose. I would have preferred the Boss to do a slow walk around the ground à la Shanks after the  League win in 1973....a growing crescendo until he got to the Kop and then if necessary George doing the business with YNWA., and then all slowly leave the pitch. But that’s just me, and I am an arl arse after all.

I'm a far far older arl arse and yer know what SN, Sunday's farewell was absolutely perfect. A sublime and fitting way for him and us to express our mutual love and devotion and say goodbye to each other.

Jurgen's speech was Shankly level post that '71 final defeat whilst the spontaneity had already been delivered in a torrent of emotion by the crowd's 10 minute long impromptu  salvo of the Jurgen Beatles classic.

We talk of Inter Milan in 65, Leicester in 73, St Etienne in 77, Chelsea in 05 and more recently Dortmund and Barca under Jurgen. Well, in their own unique way the crowd and Jurgen made Sunday every bit as beautiful and memorable as any of them. I speak, needless to say, as someone who was an immensely proud and vociferous part of every one of those incredible occasions. And this one, too.

It sometimes baffles me when some folks don't seem to recognise something truly unique and momentous even when its served up on a plate and would rather choose to pick holes than savour the moment in time. Maybe it's just the way things are these days but not for me I'm delighted to say. Folks like me knew intuitively just how uniquely great each of those other occasions were at the time and likewise Sunday's farewell.

And incidentally, hats off and a huge thank you to the likes of Spion Kop 1906, Pete Carney, Andy Knott and so many others whose contributions behind the scenes go towards making such an ccasion possible.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15072 on: May 22, 2024, 07:22:40 am »
........ whilst the spontaneity had already been delivered in a torrent of emotion by the crowd's 10 minute long impromptu  salvo of the Jurgen Beatles classic.....

Great post. It was a truly amazing unforgettable 10 minutes or so wasn't it Al mate.
I heard the big songs on big nights, I've witnessed the majority of the crowd join in for short periods but I've never been part of such a togetherness. And that togetherness taking the sound to a completely different level.

The atmosphere had already been good with a few lulls in the 2nd half. In the lower Kenny, about 5 minutes before the big Jurgen Said song a lad to our left was on his feet screaming at someone in front of him. It went on for a few minutes and my mate said to me what's wrong with him, it was as if someone had really agitated him. But when I think back it's as if he sensed the moment. It wasn't just a usual person having a go at others around him. He sensed something special was about to commence.
Then it exploded, wow!

A unity of singing for the love of a man to a tune from local hero's.
"Jurgen said to me you know ....."

Then something on the field caused a momentary drop, I think the Anny Rd then tried to get going "Jurgen Klopp na na na na na na". But the rest of the ground said fuck off, this is the song. And it started again, probably even louder. Everyone on their feet. That the stage when the muscles in my face experienced a contorted experience never felt before. When your cheeks want to sing as loud while your face just wants to blub with emotion.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15073 on: May 22, 2024, 07:32:14 am »
I'm a far far older arl arse and yer know what SN, Sunday's farewell was absolutely perfect. A sublime and fitting way for him and us to express our mutual love and devotion and say goodbye to each other.

Jurgen's speech was Shankly level post that '71 final defeat whilst the spontaneity had already been delivered in a torrent of emotion by the crowd's 10 minute long impromptu  salvo of the Jurgen Beatles classic.

We talk of Inter Milan in 65, Leicester in 73, St Etienne in 77, Chelsea in 05 and more recently Dortmund and Barca under Jurgen. Well, in their own unique way the crowd and Jurgen made Sunday every bit as beautiful and memorable as any of them. I speak, needless to say, as someone who was an immensely proud and vociferous part of every one of those incredible occasions. And this one, too.

It sometimes baffles me when some folks don't seem to recognise something truly unique and momentous even when its served up on a plate and would rather choose to pick holes than savour the moment in time. Maybe it's just the way things are these days but not for me I'm delighted to say. Folks like me knew intuitively just how uniquely great each of those other occasions were at the time and likewise Sunday's farewell.

And incidentally, hats off and a huge thank you to the likes of Spion Kop 1906, Pete Carney, Andy Knott and so many others whose contributions behind the scenes go towards making such an ccasion possible.

I have to say that it sounded brilliant on the box. Mine wasn't a criticism. Far fron It. It was simply stating a personal preference after reading that some people were disappointed with the lap of honour and the fact that YNWA wasn't played. Congratulations for everyone who made the day possible.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #15074 on: May 22, 2024, 09:40:57 am »

Always delighted to hear your take on events Timbo.

I wasn't there but watching it on telly it was clear that the emotions swirling around Anfield were far more authentic and far more raw and far more celebratory than anything that the sterile environment of the Etihad could ever conjure up. Or any other ground for that matter. The Kop especially looked magnificent. It always manages to find the right words and always manages to retain its singularity. We don't have an identikit stadium, we don't have identikit plastic flags, we don't have identikit songs.

Sunday was about unashamed mutual adoration between a unique manager and a unique set of supporters. Long live both of them.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15075 on: May 22, 2024, 11:53:20 am »
I was in AU4 on Sunday and it's right up there with my favourite ever games.

'Jurgen Said To Me' at the end was sensational. Some confusing moments of whether to join in with the songs coming from the left or the right, but those last 10 minutes will live long in the memory.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15076 on: May 22, 2024, 04:43:54 pm »

Beautiful.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #15077 on: May 22, 2024, 11:47:52 pm »
I have to say that it sounded brilliant on the box. Mine wasn't a criticism. Far fron It. It was simply stating a personal preference after reading that some people were disappointed with the lap of honour and the fact that YNWA wasn't played. Congratulations for everyone who made the day possible.

Fair play SN. I get what you meant now mate but pleased I misconstrued as it prompted me to make my own feelings known  :)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #15078 on: May 22, 2024, 11:50:29 pm »
Great post. It was a truly amazing unforgettable 10 minutes or so wasn't it Al mate.
I heard the big songs on big nights, I've witnessed the majority of the crowd join in for short periods but I've never been part of such a togetherness. And that togetherness taking the sound to a completely different level.

The atmosphere had already been good with a few lulls in the 2nd half. In the lower Kenny, about 5 minutes before the big Jurgen Said song a lad to our left was on his feet screaming at someone in front of him. It went on for a few minutes and my mate said to me what's wrong with him, it was as if someone had really agitated him. But when I think back it's as if he sensed the moment. It wasn't just a usual person having a go at others around him. He sensed something special was about to commence.
Then it exploded, wow!

A unity of singing for the love of a man to a tune from local hero's.
"Jurgen said to me you know ....."

Then something on the field caused a momentary drop, I think the Anny Rd then tried to get going "Jurgen Klopp na na na na na na". But the rest of the ground said fuck off, this is the song. And it started again, probably even louder. Everyone on their feet. That the stage when the muscles in my face experienced a contorted experience never felt before. When your cheeks want to sing as loud while your face just wants to blub with emotion.

Great stuff John. You convey it perfectly. The urge to blub was pretty irresistible.  :)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #15079 on: May 22, 2024, 11:53:55 pm »
Nice to be on same page of shared emotion. Cheers fellas for comments.  :)