Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2620994 times)

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
Re: Spurs
« Reply #14040 on: September 18, 2018, 11:28:56 am »
What's your beef?

There's too much at steak.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14041 on: September 18, 2018, 11:37:35 am »
There's too much at steak.

Nice one chuck

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14042 on: September 18, 2018, 12:18:50 pm »
Have just about stopped crying now. We were bloody awful really weren't we. Never seen us misplace so many passes in a game - most of them weren't even under any great pressure. We looked so leggy too.

Saying that, Son should definitely have had a pen right at the end so you can stop talking about that bloody game at yours last season now  ;)  ;D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #14043 on: September 18, 2018, 12:30:28 pm »
Have just about stopped crying now. We were bloody awful really weren't we. Never seen us misplace so many passes in a game - most of them weren't even under any great pressure. We looked so leggy too.

Saying that, Son should definitely have had a pen right at the end so you can stop talking about that bloody game at yours last season now  ;)  ;D

I was surprised at how leggy you were. Vertonghen looked as if he was really old. I really like Dembele too but I'm not sold on Winks or Dier for that matter, when some of our fans saw that midfield I think a lot were rubbing their hands. Moura caused a few problems but thankfully Erikson and Kane kept quiet.

I'd still not write Spurs off for a good finish because it seems like you usually end the season well under Pochetino, but interested to see what effect the new stadium plays on performances.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14044 on: September 18, 2018, 12:42:08 pm »
I'd still not write Spurs off for a good finish because it seems like you usually end the season well under Pochetino, but interested to see what effect the new stadium plays on performances.

We certainly never start well under Pochettino. I think we're a point better off than we were this time last season so I'm not writing us off quite yet. The tiredness is a concern though.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14045 on: September 18, 2018, 12:59:57 pm »
We certainly never start well under Pochettino. I think we're a point better off than we were this time last season so I'm not writing us off quite yet. The tiredness is a concern though.

you are - just checked, you won 2, drew 2, lost 1 - this year the two draws (which last year were against Burnley and Swansea) were turned into a loss (vs Watford) and a win; your strength of schedule is marginally harder this year too.  Ours is marginally easier, but we're SEVEN points better off by the way.  I know in whose shoes I'd rather be in.  I don't think anyone is writing you off, just saying that 4th could this year be a close run thing between yourselves, Utd and Arsenal (I think most agree top 3 will be city, pool and Chelsea, probably in that order) and with Harry still your only real striker looking more and more exhausted from over playing (he played more than Salah last year, despite the injury, then was rushed back after he looked tired in the WC) this could mean you being the team slipping out the top 4

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14046 on: September 18, 2018, 02:15:35 pm »
Also Kane looks a bit fucked for a good while now

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14047 on: September 18, 2018, 02:24:53 pm »
Also Kane looks a bit fucked for a good while now

It's probably the thought of what's gonna happen to his daughter weighing him down, he sold the poor little bugger down the river for the sake of 1 goal

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14048 on: September 18, 2018, 02:42:23 pm »
The Cow Tao of Poch

Focus on eating grass, not on when the train will pass.

The benefit of experience is not the knowledge of what will come. Rather it is in the repetition itself, the fortification, and the nourishment.

We do not eat to learn but to live and grow.

A valuable cow does cow things. No one pays extra for steak from a cow with a good memory.

Do not concern yourself with the coming and going of trains. A cow does not ride trains. If it does, it is only once, and to the slaughterhouse.

Only fools ask cows questions and expect answers.

Excellent.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #14049 on: September 18, 2018, 03:48:35 pm »
How many times this week are we going to hear about their game against Inter in 2010 where Bale scored a hat-trick? Everyone seems to have forgotten they lost the game. It says a lot about Spurs that a group stage defeat is held up as some kind of European milestone.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14050 on: September 18, 2018, 03:51:51 pm »
Reckon Tottenham will get back to winning ways tonight. Inter aren't up to much these days.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #14051 on: September 18, 2018, 03:53:53 pm »
Poch has just had his Cantona 'Seagulls' moment! "[Experience] is like a cow who sees a train every day for ten years crossing in front [of her], and if you ask the cow when the train is coming she's not going to answer."

The Poch is losing the plot.
thats amazing
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #14052 on: September 18, 2018, 03:54:37 pm »

on a call here trying not to laugh, bravo
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14053 on: September 18, 2018, 04:47:50 pm »
The Cow Tao of Poch

The benefit of experience is not the knowledge of what will come. Rather it is in the repetition itself, the fortification, and the nourishment.

A valuable cow does cow things. No one pays extra for steak from a cow with a good memory.

Do not concern yourself with the coming and going of trains. A cow does not ride trains. If it does, it is only once, and to the slaughterhouse.

:D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14054 on: September 18, 2018, 05:55:32 pm »

Worth noting that we should also have had a penalty. Van Dijk was being held in a headlock form a corner.  That’s a clear penalty all day long...

Ok, we scored for the corner, but we could have been a penalty too.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14055 on: September 18, 2018, 05:57:04 pm »
Worth noting that we should also have had a penalty. Van Dijk was being held in a headlock form a corner.  That’s a clear penalty all day long...

Ok, we scored for the corner, but we could have been a penalty too.

Yeah  ;D

If they think thats karma for that scandal from last season, they’ve still got a fuck load more to suffer at Anfield
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14056 on: September 18, 2018, 05:57:17 pm »
The Cow Tao of Poch

;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14057 on: September 18, 2018, 07:59:56 pm »
It’s harsh when that sort of thing happens, we’ve been there too. Honestly would like all the English sides to go through.

In all seriousness though

Spoiler
[close]
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14058 on: September 18, 2018, 10:17:35 pm »
I don't really get how Poch can say they played well.  They got a lucky deflected goal and then what?  Inter were and are garbage.  That's got to be a real gut punch.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14059 on: September 18, 2018, 10:22:27 pm »
I don't really get how Poch can say they played well.  They got a lucky deflected goal and then what?  Inter were and are garbage.  That's got to be a real gut punch.
They were robbed though...

Deserved to win really, at the very least a draw... 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #14060 on: September 18, 2018, 10:24:44 pm »

They didn't deserve anything, they were absolutely shite. In fairness Inter also deserved nothing.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14061 on: September 18, 2018, 10:26:48 pm »

Robbed how?  A draw was probably the right result as both teams were shit and xG basically agrees.  The fact that Inter won is just hilarious.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14062 on: September 18, 2018, 10:44:05 pm »
Robbed how?  A draw was probably the right result as both teams were shit and xG basically agrees.  The fact that Inter won is just hilarious.

Robbed by being beaten anyway...

Spurs weren’t great, but inter were worse...  I’d feel a little aggrieved if it were my team..

Funny though
W

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14063 on: September 18, 2018, 10:44:49 pm »
Spursed it yet again  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14064 on: September 18, 2018, 10:45:12 pm »
Just watched the highlights.

I see the English Cenk Tosun had another stormer.  ;D

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14065 on: September 18, 2018, 10:46:22 pm »

Yep, Inter were a little better if anything, no robbery there, just probably feels like the result was harsh on Spurs as they had a good spell in the second half, which Poch then ruined by subbing Lamela for the English Modric. Looked and felt like a Europa game to be honest, especially with the kick off time.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14066 on: September 18, 2018, 11:00:53 pm »

I'm surprised at the 0.8xg for Spurs.  I only watched the last 30 minutes but Lamela alone had a couple of really good chances in that time.  It seems like I didn't miss a lot in the opening hour...

On a tangent but why was Winks given the #8 shirt?  He should still be wearing a shirt in the 30s like the rank average fringe player he is.  Beyond looking a bit like Coutinho I'm not really sure what he brings to the game.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #14067 on: September 18, 2018, 11:01:50 pm »
Pochettino's losing the plot a bit isn't he.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14068 on: September 18, 2018, 11:03:08 pm »
Bloody hell

Harry winks is 22... I thought he was 18... I was giving him a chance to develop...

But he’s 22... he’s not good enough, get rid.
W

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14069 on: September 18, 2018, 11:45:15 pm »
Poch is awful in Europe.

He's just as bad as Tuchel in Europe and both have amazing reputations for winning hardly anything and doing nothing of note in Europe.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14070 on: September 18, 2018, 11:50:53 pm »
I'm surprised at the 0.8xg for Spurs.  I only watched the last 30 minutes but Lamela alone had a couple of really good chances in that time.  It seems like I didn't miss a lot in the opening hour...

On a tangent but why was Winks given the #8 shirt?  He should still be wearing a shirt in the 30s like the rank average fringe player he is.  Beyond looking a bit like Coutinho I'm not really sure what he brings to the game.

Spurs were bad and this game was bad.  Certainly you didn't miss anything.  PSV lost 4-0 to Barca but I think they played better than either of these 2 teams and should have chances in their games.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14071 on: September 19, 2018, 12:16:57 am »
Without Harry's "out of this world" form, they are shit.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14072 on: September 19, 2018, 04:10:31 am »
Bloody hell

Harry winks is 22... I thought he was 18... I was giving him a chance to develop...

But he’s 22... he’s not good enough, get rid.

He'll play till he's forty, Winks...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14073 on: September 19, 2018, 08:15:34 am »
Never forget  ;D

Every Spurs player out there was superb but special mention to Harry Winks.

I think England have their very own Modric type player coming through. To be just 21, playing CL games away to Madrid in CM versus Modric (who has been the best CM in the world since his Spurs days), Kroos and Isco and not look out of place, is remarkable.

He doesn't give the ball away, always looks to play forward and positive,his passing stats last night

Passing accuracy full-time update: Luka Modric: 87.7% Harry Winks 90.9%

He's the continental type passing possession based central midfielder England have craved for years. Many Spurs fans put a bet on Winks going to the world cup last year, at 15-1....I think it's a guarantee injury permitting.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14074 on: September 19, 2018, 08:21:28 am »

I don’t see how they were robbed when Inter scored two legitimate goals no decisions went against Tottenham. An undeserved defeat yes, but they can only blame themselves for that.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline mgs88

• Main Stander
« Reply #14075 on: September 19, 2018, 09:40:12 am »
Never forget  ;D

Mods can we have Prymativ back on a temp basis from time to time like we do with Mac Red?

(Although I'm fairly sure he's already back no matter how much he protests)

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14076 on: September 19, 2018, 09:50:30 am »
Bit optimistic to think that no rest, no signings, no stadium wouldn't catch up to Tottenham. Pochettino is a great manager and he's squeezed more out of Spurs than most would but the well's looking a bit dry at the moment.

Also had to check who 8 was and thought hmmm calm down Harry Winks. Also found out his middle name is somehow Billy.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #14077 on: September 19, 2018, 10:09:08 am »
Mods can we have Prymativ back on a temp basis from time to time like we do with Mac Red?

(Although I'm fairly sure he's already back no matter how much he protests)

No chance in hell that Primativ logs onto any of the 20 different fan forums he posts on for the next few months.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14078 on: September 19, 2018, 11:04:16 am »
So basically, when Kane is shit, Spurs are shit?

Earth-shattering.

Could be time to sell him while his stock is still high but he's clearly crocked, ala Torres to Chelsea.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14079 on: September 19, 2018, 11:09:08 am »

They scored the luckiest goal
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI