Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2632615 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs
« Reply #13840 on: September 11, 2018, 11:46:42 am »
I've never met a racist that wasn't a massive pile of shit

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13841 on: September 11, 2018, 12:40:09 pm »
Kane hasn't looked right since his last injury. He's still scoring goals but he's lost the explosive nature of his game. He used to be having a pop at goal from all angles but now you're lucky if he gets a couple of shots away in a game. I wouldn't be surprised if he needs an op but they put it off because of the World Cup.

Pretty sure he's been playing about 10/15 yards deeper than he used to as well. You'd know better having seen more, but seems that way to me. More of a 10 role than spearhead. Doesn't seem to suit him as much as leading the line.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13842 on: September 11, 2018, 06:46:07 pm »
Pretty sure he's been playing about 10/15 yards deeper than he used to as well. You'd know better having seen more, but seems that way to me. More of a 10 role than spearhead. Doesn't seem to suit him as much as leading the line.

Heard on a podcast (Guardian or Totally Football Show, can't remember) that Kane likes dropping deep and thinks he's like a no.10. Given Kane's ego, it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. He's not particularly good there and is much better as a striker.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13843 on: September 11, 2018, 07:12:28 pm »
Heard on a podcast (Guardian or Totally Football Show, can't remember) that Kane likes dropping deep and thinks he's like a no.10. Given Kane's ego, it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. He's not particularly good there and is much better as a striker.

I think he's quite effective when he drops deep. Not in a traditional playmaker type of way, but a few things I've noticed when I see him live is that he holds onto the ball really well under pressure, seems completely unflustered and doesn't panic and, more often than not, makes the right decision (i.e. knowing when to release the ball and to whom). All unglamorous traits, but when you see him in the flesh you notice he's better than most at them. With runners like Son and Alli around him it's a good tactic for them at times.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 07:14:28 pm by Xabi Gerrard »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13844 on: September 11, 2018, 07:16:40 pm »
I think he's quite effective when he drops deep. Not in a traditional playmaker type of way, but a few things I've noticed when I see him live is that he holds onto the ball really well under pressure, seems completely unflustered and doesn't panic and, more often than not, makes the right decision (i.e. knowing when to release the ball and to whom). All unglamorous traits, but when you see him in the flesh you notice he's better than most at them. With runners like Son and Alli around him it's a good tactic for them at times.

Haven't seen much of that, maybe apart from good at keeping hold of the ball and definitely not making the right decision. For Kane, that usually involves shooting from ridiculous places. Hope he does the same on Saturday.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13845 on: September 11, 2018, 07:17:25 pm »

Na, I agree. He's got a cracking eye for a pass at times. I don't think he gets enough credit for his vision and his all round games. A lot of people seem to think he's a more clinical Andy Carroll or something!

Although like I said, he's definitely not looking his usual self at the moment.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13846 on: September 11, 2018, 07:18:49 pm »
I actually do think he's a more clinical Andy Carroll. Only more of a twat.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #13847 on: September 11, 2018, 08:21:00 pm »
hope we batter these we took 1 point from them last year and we need to be taking at least 4 off them this season.  We owe them for both games last season, the abject performance at wembley and the 2 points that got robbed off us at Anfield.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13848 on: September 11, 2018, 09:09:09 pm »
No, racists are not "nice". Fucks sake.
i wasn’t referring to moura in that example

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13849 on: September 12, 2018, 10:50:58 am »
World Cup-winning captain Hugo Lloris has admitted being more than twice over the drink-drive limit when he was stopped by police in central London.

The Tottenham and France goalkeeper was charged following a routine patrol stop in Gloucester Place, Marylebone, in the early hours of 24 August.

The 31-year-old, of East Finchley, pleaded guilty when he appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court.

He has been with Spurs since 2012 and is the team's captain.

The court heard police in an unmarked car spotted Lloris' Porsche Panamera driving at 15mph in a 30mph zone.

He veered his car "towards parked vehicles" before correcting himself, prosecutor Henry Fitch said.

When officers stopped the vehicle, they found vomit and said Lloris had to be helped from the car.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45482366

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13850 on: September 12, 2018, 12:27:34 pm »

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13851 on: September 12, 2018, 12:35:31 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45482366

He blew 80, which used to be the legal limit until about 10 years ago. He couldn't drive straight, went through a red light, was sick in his car and had to be helped out.  :o

The court was told the Spurs goalkeeper provided a sample containing 80 micrograms of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13852 on: September 12, 2018, 01:13:37 pm »
He blew 80, which used to be the legal limit until about 10 years ago. He couldn't drive straight, went through a red light, was sick in his car and had to be helped out.  :o

Proper lightweight.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13853 on: September 12, 2018, 01:26:55 pm »
Pretty shocked by that from Lloris. As Spurs fans have said, he's the last person you'd expect to be that stupid and put other people at risk

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13854 on: September 12, 2018, 01:39:41 pm »
Pretty shocked by that from Lloris. As Spurs fans have said, he's the last person you'd expect to be that stupid and put other people at risk
Twice over the limit on Saturday, captaining the Spurs on Sunday. A proper leader and role model. How the fuck is that even possible.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13855 on: September 12, 2018, 05:00:53 pm »

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13856 on: September 12, 2018, 05:02:18 pm »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13857 on: September 12, 2018, 05:13:30 pm »
Have you not seen some of his recent goalkeeping?
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13858 on: September 12, 2018, 10:31:24 pm »

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13859 on: September 12, 2018, 10:53:31 pm »
Kane hasn't looked right since his last injury. He's still scoring goals but he's lost the explosive nature of his game. He used to be having a pop at goal from all angles but now you're lucky if he gets a couple of shots away in a game. I wouldn't be surprised if he needs an op but they put it off because of the World Cup.

I saw a stat recently that pre-injury Kane was averaging something like 6.4 shots/game, since them it's been 2.8.

I too suspected he might have had some injury that he played through because of the World Cup, but if that was the case why is he still playing now?

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13861 on: September 13, 2018, 12:52:55 am »

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13862 on: September 13, 2018, 05:46:33 am »

I saw a stat recently that pre-injury Kane was averaging something like 6.4 shots/game, since them it's been 2.8.

I too suspected he might have had some injury that he played through because of the World Cup, but if that was the case why is he still playing now?

I've posted about this a couple of times in this thread with the relevant stats if you want to look back through the pages.  But yes he was at Messi/Ronaldo shot levels and now is nowhere close to that.  This may explain why Poch has changed tactics from last year in that they know Kane isn't at that level as well.  The only explanation I can think of in regards to why they don't try to get him right is that it's either not fixable or the player himself won't admit it.  Getting a couple of goals already even with the reduced stats probably paper overs it as well.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13863 on: September 13, 2018, 12:46:34 pm »
Hugo possibly out injured for several weeks and Alli out of the game Saturday too.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13864 on: September 13, 2018, 01:02:39 pm »
Hugo possibly out injured for several weeks and Alli out of the game Saturday too.

Cue the long hangover jokes...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #13865 on: September 13, 2018, 01:21:31 pm »
Vorm had an outstanding game last time we met in WHL where somehow we failed to win that game with so many chances created and missed.

What's Lloris injury, Tommy?
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13866 on: September 13, 2018, 02:00:27 pm »
What's Lloris injury, Tommy?

Strained his liver  8)

Come on lads, all pile on!
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13867 on: September 13, 2018, 02:01:35 pm »
Lloris will keep the Spurs captaincy -

The Argentine boss unsurprisingly was asked if Hugo Lloris would continue in the role of captain after he was banned from driving for 20 months on Wednesday and fined £50,000.

"He is the first to regret about everything and all that happened is not good, he doesn't feel great," Pochettino said.

"He said he is sorry and he is a man and accepts his mistake.

"Everyone can make a mistake, he made a mistake and he is suffering. He is punishing himself. That is a massive lesson for everyone, he was the first to tell me he made a mistake."

When asked if he would stay on as captain, he said: "Of course."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13868 on: September 13, 2018, 02:06:58 pm »
Has Kane not claimed he was driving?

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13869 on: September 13, 2018, 02:08:27 pm »
Spurs have fined him £250,000 - https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/hugo-lloris-fined-250000-by-tottenham-for-drinkdriving-charge-a3934111.html.

He got a 20 month driving ban and a £50,000 fine - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/12/hugo-lloris-drink-drive-twice-limit.
An absolute fortune for most of us but Not much for a multi millionaire though huh.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13870 on: September 13, 2018, 02:10:59 pm »
An absolute fortune for most of us but Not much for a multi millionaire though huh.

At least they're linked to income nowadays, although they should increase the amounts more (it's something like one and a half week's net income).

Online Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13871 on: September 13, 2018, 02:40:31 pm »
At least they're linked to income nowadays, although they should increase the amounts more (it's something like one and a half week's net income).

Less than that probably, the Spurs fine is likely to be the two weeks allowed.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13872 on: September 13, 2018, 02:41:07 pm »
So who is their 2nd keeper and is he any good?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13873 on: September 13, 2018, 02:44:51 pm »

Vorm is. No idea how good he is, but you’ll get a reply saying how he’s always great against us.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #13874 on: September 13, 2018, 02:45:04 pm »

Vorm and he's probably one of the best back-up keepers around.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13875 on: September 13, 2018, 02:45:18 pm »

Same one it's been for the last 4 years - Michel Vorm!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13876 on: September 13, 2018, 02:52:06 pm »
He’s always great against us.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #13877 on: September 13, 2018, 02:56:21 pm »
He’s always great against us.

;D

Apparently this will be the 10th time he's played vs Liverpool, his 3rd as a Spurs player.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #13878 on: September 13, 2018, 03:02:09 pm »
Has Kane not claimed he was driving?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13879 on: September 13, 2018, 04:20:36 pm »
Rumours going around that the stadium won't be completed until March