Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2632592 times)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs
« Reply #14000 on: September 16, 2018, 01:47:19 pm »
Honestly, of everywhere I've visited in the UK over the years, the worst poverty I've witnessed has been in London.

I have seen, first hand, 12 people living in a small two-bed flat with the day and night workers doing shite jobs while sharing beds in shifts.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #14001 on: September 16, 2018, 01:48:44 pm »
Trying to get sympathy for London is never going to end well with many, myself included.

Its just as well thats not what I was doing then isn't it?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14002 on: September 16, 2018, 01:52:19 pm »
To be fair I really don’t. Unlike you, I’m capable of not agreeing with Tory spending policy in both London and the north.

Also, isn’t a large chunk of the crossrail budget being funded by TFL (thus, money earned from London) and a London business rates levy? The “per head”argument is also a bit disingenuous as the figure being banded about is based on crossrail (a one off project) being included and the residential population of London not the metropolitan, which includes commuters etc.

I’ve moved up north now from London, and if people want investment in public transport up here, they should probably use it more. So many empty buses and trains, whereas in London it’s often too busy even with the extra investment.

Anyway, not the right place for this debate, but I actually think both the North and South need more investment.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #14003 on: September 16, 2018, 03:06:55 pm »
and yet they get less than what they contribute

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/may/23/uk-budget-deficit-grows-to-more-than-10bn-as-people-spend-less

I didn't expect this to be my first foray into the General Football and Sport forum but here it goes..

The amount of infrastructure spending per head becomes a vicious cycle.

London has higher tax revenues because it is the basis of many headquarters of both UK-wide and international businesses, and just because taxes are paid from their London HQ it doesn't mean they are making their money only from London. One of the chief reasons they have their headquarters in London and not elsewhere? Because they have much better infrastructure. Why do they have better infrastructure, while the rest of the country severely lags behind? Because they have far higher infrastructure spending per head (24 times more per head then NE England!). How is this justified? Because of higher tax revenue.

Hence a never ending cycle of regional inequality.

You will struggle to find many northerners, or indeed anyone outside of the South East (because it is not just the north suffering from terrible infrastructure) shedding many tears over London infrastructure investment. If you wanted to bring up historical grievances, London is the thriving metropolis that it is because it became home of many of the proceeds of the industrialised North for a century and a half. As soon as the North's industry declined, it became dismissed as a parasite sucking money off the capital and hence not worthy of central government investment.

But anyway, Tottenham....  :P

In many ways it was a shame we missed out on the oppurntity to beat them while christening their new home. But it was nice to put right our shocking display from last year at Wembley. And despite the New White Heart lane looking like a toilet seat, and being home to five-star restuarants and god knows what else, you have to admire their commitment to making the biggest single-tier stand in the country easily convertible to safe-standing. If their lack of squad investment doesn't cause them to sink, it could become a very intimidating ground to go.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 07:18:50 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #14004 on: September 16, 2018, 03:37:33 pm »
The Tories are fucking everyone. And people in london are not blind to this. Remember the city is overwhelmingly labour and remain.

And elected Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson as Mayor. Twice.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14005 on: September 16, 2018, 03:48:31 pm »
Honestly, of everywhere I've visited in the UK over the years, the worst poverty I've witnessed has been in London.

I have seen, first hand, 12 people living in a small two-bed flat with the day and night workers doing shite jobs while sharing beds in shifts.
The worst I've ever seen is the rural poverty in Cornwall. Bailiffs going to houses to collect items to pay debt and having to leave empty-handed because there's literally nothing in them apart from tables and chairs. Indeed, Cornwall is officially poorer than Lithuania, which is quite mind-blowing. This stuff can't be boiled down to simple North / South geography.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #14006 on: September 16, 2018, 03:56:51 pm »
And elected Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson as Mayor. Twice.

I mean there is that. Unfortunately the cult of personality is strong in politics. What I’m saying is there are other demographics than the people of london to blame for the current shit show.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #14007 on: September 16, 2018, 04:10:45 pm »
Back to Spurs...the small club.

So small time, they only water the side of the pitch Spurs attacked.

So scared of our attack and pace.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14008 on: September 16, 2018, 04:17:38 pm »
Trying to get sympathy for London is never going to end well with many, myself included.
To be fair the vast majority of Londoners I've met or worked with have been completely sound.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14009 on: September 16, 2018, 04:44:01 pm »
Back to Spurs...the small club.

So small time, they only water the side of the pitch Spurs attacked.

So scared of our attack and pace.

We do that ourselves at Anfield, don't we?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14010 on: September 16, 2018, 04:50:08 pm »
We do that ourselves at Anfield, don't we?

Nope, we always water the entire pitch.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14011 on: September 16, 2018, 06:01:46 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/avXO4V46B_g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/avXO4V46B_g</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14012 on: September 16, 2018, 06:51:29 pm »
Nope, we always water the entire pitch.

Our attacks often start from our end of the pitch so that only makes sense.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #14013 on: September 16, 2018, 07:41:50 pm »
State of this 'Poundland' Troopz  :lmao

Old guy behind him looks like he wants to kill him. :lmao

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kUXrIvvhkZ8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kUXrIvvhkZ8</a>

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14014 on: September 16, 2018, 07:42:53 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/avXO4V46B_g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/avXO4V46B_g</a>
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that guy Farley is funny at all really.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14015 on: September 16, 2018, 09:41:31 pm »
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that guy Farley is funny at all really.

Me neither but fair play to him,he's made a nice living out of it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14016 on: September 16, 2018, 09:46:56 pm »
State of this 'Poundland' Troopz  :lmao

Old guy behind him looks like he wants to kill him. :lmao

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kUXrIvvhkZ8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kUXrIvvhkZ8</a>

:lmao

"Kieran Whippier" ;D

He's nuts

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14017 on: September 16, 2018, 09:50:38 pm »
Nobody tops Chewbacca as far as I'm concerned.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #14018 on: September 17, 2018, 10:42:57 am »
Spurs fan lamenting their situation...
Strikingly similar to what some of us have been saying since their 2nd game..

…Much has been made of whether Harry is suffering from the knack or not (he is) but there’s a broader concern for Spurs.

The spine of the side is aging, crocked and/or knackered from the WC, which only highlights Levy’s transfer negligence. Alderwerield is 29, Vertonghen is 31, Dembele is 31 and broken, Lloris is 31. Along with Eriksen – not 31 – and Dele (also not 31) – they are all entering the last 12 – 24 months of their contracts. While Sarri, Klopp and Pep have been backed, Levy kept the cheque book shut and failed to inject some vigour into the squad.

The team is palpably dead on its feet, with weak back up. Vorm a walking disaster, with many fans pleading before the game for the basically untried Gazzaniga to start, such was the – justified – fear about the short and sub-standard Dutch “Stopper”. There is no back-up for a clearly knackered Eriksen. Still. Dembele is shot – failure to find a replacement negligent.

The current malaise doesn’t bode well for the new stadium move given the destruction of fans’ good will – the number of empty seats at Wembley was glaring. Failure to crack the top four couldn’t come at a worse time, if that’s the consequence of bad planning on and off the pitch.

https://www.football365.com/news/spurs-fans-worried-about-this-knackered-team
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:44:45 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14019 on: September 17, 2018, 10:56:26 am »
I would absolutely love to see this lot miss out on top 4 as the exodus would be painful... then again an exodus would probably be the only thing to save them financially as without CL football their new stadium will cripple them.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #14020 on: September 17, 2018, 11:13:17 am »
I think they have more squad options to try and improve things than people care to admit. Son, Lamela and Wanyama all came on against us and improved them. Get Wanyama in front of that back four instead of Dembele (who looks absolutely done) and a bit more width in the front-line and they'll be alright.

Whether it'll be enough for top four in the long run, who knows (or cares). That will mostly hinge on United and Mourinho.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14021 on: September 17, 2018, 11:17:53 am »
I think they have more squad options to try and improve things than people care to admit. Son, Lamela and Wanyama all came on against us and improved them. Get Wanyama in front of that back four instead of Dembele (who looks absolutely done) and a bit more width in the front-line and they'll be alright.

Whether it'll be enough for top four in the long run, who knows (or cares). That will mostly hinge on United and Mourinho.

The problem is they are 5 games into the season and some of their supposed starting 11 players are looking fucked already. Even with some rotation the games will come thick and fast between now and, well pretty much into next year.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14022 on: September 17, 2018, 11:46:42 am »
^ there is still a very decent team there and a good manager. It was mental not to bring anyone in this last window to add a bit of extra depth, and for the morale of the players. E2k said it best in the prematch thread (if tommy and any of the other Spurs posters on here haven't read it, it's well worth a read). One more thing for the Spurs fans, I noticed two comments in the post match thread about the Wembley pitch being an absolute disgrace, that can't help a footballing team like Tottenham.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14023 on: September 17, 2018, 11:46:47 am »
The problem is they are 5 games into the season and some of their supposed starting 11 players are looking fucked already. Even with some rotation the games will come thick and fast between now and, well pretty much into next year.

hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Pochettino throwing Kane straight back in for the first couple games of the season didn't look the brightest idea. Just giving hin an extra two weeks could have helped them more deeper into the season.

Sure you can say - they had no option, especially with Son being unavailable, but still, they had a couple very winable games v's teams with far weaker squads.

Plus the 'lack of signings' thing is true, but again, hard to sympathise that much with Pochettino on his lack of options. If he'd had made better use of the 200 mill or so he spent the previous 2 seasons, that may not have been such a problem.

Levy can shoulder much of the blame, but Pochettino is equally as accountable.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14024 on: September 17, 2018, 11:12:50 pm »
I think I mentioned this before but what if Kane is just perma-crocked from having so many injuries to the same ankle?  Maybe it is just fatigue but his numbers were down after the injury not just at the beginning of this year.  I think there's more to it than they are letting on.

Also interesting that Trippier and Alderweireld didn't travel to Milan.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14025 on: September 18, 2018, 01:57:26 am »
I would absolutely love to see this lot miss out on top 4 as the exodus would be painful... then again an exodus would probably be the only thing to save them financially as without CL football their new stadium will cripple them.
Eriksen is the missing miss of our puzzle.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14026 on: September 18, 2018, 02:21:42 am »
Poch has just had his Cantona 'Seagulls' moment! "[Experience] is like a cow who sees a train every day for ten years crossing in front [of her], and if you ask the cow when the train is coming she's not going to answer."

The Poch is losing the plot.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #14027 on: September 18, 2018, 04:19:12 am »
Poch has just had his Cantona 'Seagulls' moment! "[Experience] is like a cow who sees a train every day for ten years crossing in front [of her], and if you ask the cow when the train is coming she's not going to answer."

The Poch is losing the plot.

The seagulls one at least sort of made sense. What the fuck is this shit?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14028 on: September 18, 2018, 07:10:01 am »
He’s basically saying he doesn’t have the players to challenge. The cow represents the players he doesn’t think are good enough. Hes saying that it doesn’t matter how much experience certain players have, some will never be good enough to win a title.

He clearly wanted backing this summer. Didn’t happen. His squads lethargic and the sentiment is about to severely deteriorate given he’s coming out with this sort of shite too. They’re going to do what Arsenal did last season if he’s not careful.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14029 on: September 18, 2018, 08:14:09 am »
He’s basically saying he doesn’t have the players to challenge. The cow represents the players he doesn’t think are good enough. Hes saying that it doesn’t matter how much experience certain players have, some will never be good enough to win a title.

He clearly wanted backing this summer. Didn’t happen. His squads lethargic and the sentiment is about to severely deteriorate given he’s coming out with this sort of shite too. They’re going to do what Arsenal did last season if he’s not careful.

Poch please do not be careful  :wave
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #14030 on: September 18, 2018, 09:08:28 am »
The Cow Tao of Poch

Focus on eating grass, not on when the train will pass.

The benefit of experience is not the knowledge of what will come. Rather it is in the repetition itself, the fortification, and the nourishment.

We do not eat to learn but to live and grow.

A valuable cow does cow things. No one pays extra for steak from a cow with a good memory.

Do not concern yourself with the coming and going of trains. A cow does not ride trains. If it does, it is only once, and to the slaughterhouse.

Only fools ask cows questions and expect answers.
We beat Real Madrid

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14031 on: September 18, 2018, 09:54:52 am »
The Cow Tao of Poch

Focus on eating grass, not on when the train will pass.

The benefit of experience is not the knowledge of what will come. Rather it is in the repetition itself, the fortification, and the nourishment.

We do not eat to learn but to live and grow.

A valuable cow does cow things. No one pays extra for steak from a cow with a good memory.

Do not concern yourself with the coming and going of trains. A cow does not ride trains. If it does, it is only once, and to the slaughterhouse.

Only fools ask cows questions and expect answers.

Moo.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14032 on: September 18, 2018, 10:19:17 am »
They are like a Rafa 08-09 team whereby they have really good players all over but they are a really top attacker short. Son and Moura are both decent players but unless they spend some money on a Mane, Hazard, Salah, Sane etc. level of attacker then they will always be short.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14033 on: September 18, 2018, 10:22:52 am »
Here we go with the cow jokes, gonna be like the manc thread all over again ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14034 on: September 18, 2018, 10:33:26 am »

Moove on if you don't like them.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14035 on: September 18, 2018, 10:49:12 am »
They are like a Rafa 08-09 team whereby they have really good players all over but they are a really top attacker short. Son and Moura are both decent players but unless they spend some money on a Mane, Hazard, Salah, Sane etc. level of attacker then they will always be short.

Is that a Peter Crouch dig?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14036 on: September 18, 2018, 10:51:26 am »

Yes, this thread will be udderly stuffed with cow jokes soon.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14037 on: September 18, 2018, 11:20:22 am »
Yes, this thread will be udderly stuffed with cow jokes soon.

Give yourself a pat on the back.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14038 on: September 18, 2018, 11:23:01 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14039 on: September 18, 2018, 11:27:52 am »
Moove on if you don't like them.

What's your beef?