Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2627982 times)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: Spurs
« Reply #10600 on: March 8, 2018, 01:16:16 pm »
They still had a great CL, beating Real Dortmund and Juve, and getting really far in CL with the most exciting British talent since Brazil in 1970. They should be really proud. Trophies are no doubt just round the corner.... about 4 miles up the seven sisters road to be precise.

Last night was probably Arsenal's highlight of the Season, no?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10601 on: March 8, 2018, 01:17:29 pm »
Gather round children and I shall tell you the tale of when Spurs beat Real Madrid in the group stage of the Champions League. Yes, that Real Madrid. They won. Yes they did beat Real Madrid.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10602 on: March 8, 2018, 01:20:11 pm »
Last night was probably Arsenal's highlight of the Season, no?

Ill definitely buy the DVD.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10603 on: March 8, 2018, 01:20:27 pm »
McNulty is an awful journo. Really not worth reading his articles at all.

Yes he is, he writes some dreadful articles for the BBC. And he's like their chief football writer, shame on them!

It's the whole 'they are a young team' thing that gets a bit boring. It seems to have become a real thing with pundits and journos to hang onto with Spurs.

Sure, they have some very good young players such as Kane, Alli and Sanchez, but this is no team of babies and upstarts.

They have one of the most experienced goalies around, their defence is full of experience, both their best centre backs close to 30, the likes of Trippier and Rose both 27, the only youngster who stars regularly is Sanchez.

Eriksson, Son, Dembele, Lamela, Wanyama, these players aren't kids. Most of them are pertty experienced internationals at this point.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10604 on: March 8, 2018, 01:21:34 pm »
Gather round children and I shall tell you the tale of when Spurs beat Real Madrid in the group stage of the Champions League. Yes, that Real Madrid. They won. Yes they did beat Real Madrid.

Also the first team ever to beat Juventus 2-2, I doubt that will ever be repeated.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10605 on: March 8, 2018, 01:22:34 pm »
If you take the average age of Deli Alli over the last calendar year and then multiply that by 11 and then divide that number by 11 you get the average age of Deli Alli over the last calendar year, and its only 21 which is actually very young.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10606 on: March 8, 2018, 01:27:31 pm »
Yes he is, he writes some dreadful articles for the BBC. And he's like their chief football writer, shame on them!

It's the whole 'they are a young team' thing that gets a bit boring. It seems to have become a real thing with pundits and journos to hang onto with Spurs.

Sure, they have some very good young players such as Kane, Alli and Sanchez, but this is no team of babies and upstarts.

They have one of the most experienced goalies around, their defence is full of experience, both their best centre backs close to 30, the likes of Trippier and Rose both 27, the only youngster who stars regularly is Sanchez.

Eriksson, Son, Dembele, Lamela, Wanyama, these players aren't kids. Most of them are pertty experienced internationals at this point.

Reminds me of the "you'll never win anything with kids" Man Utd team of 1995/6 - even 'the kids' (Beckham, Scholes, Neville, etc) admit they were just bit part players - Cantona, Keane, Bruce, Pallister, Schmeichel, Irwin, etc carried them. But the way the media went on about it it was a team full of 20 year olds winning the league.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10607 on: March 8, 2018, 02:23:05 pm »
::)

Hopefully his reputation will cost him dearly sooner rather than later. You'd think ref's would be wise to his antics by now.

I just cannot believe that any referee or linesman, seeing a player flying through the air doing an impression of superman, is doing anything but diving. As anyone who has played footy knows, unless you are looking for it, when you get fouled you hit the deck like a sack of spuds.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10608 on: March 8, 2018, 02:27:36 pm »
Been checking out the various Spurs' forums...fucking hell they're obsessed with us. :o

Good a time as any to point out this cringey thread has grown by nearly 60 pages since the 2-2 draw four weeks ago...

Plenty of bitter and obsessed fans on both sides.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spurs
« Reply #10610 on: March 8, 2018, 02:56:45 pm »
Good a time as any to point out this cringey thread has grown by nearly 60 pages since the 2-2 draw four weeks ago...

Go on. Tell us what we have to be bitter about?  League position? Being in the CL knockouts? Attacking football? World class managers? Thirty goal-a-season strikers?

Spit it out kid

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10611 on: March 8, 2018, 02:59:46 pm »
If you take the average age of Deli Alli over the last calendar year and then multiply that by 11 and then divide that number by 11 you get the average age of Deli Alli over the last calendar year, and its only 21 which is actually very young.

So you're saying he's got many years ahead to improve his diving technique?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #10612 on: March 8, 2018, 03:00:36 pm »

The majority of that growth is due to the influence of one particular troll/fool (take your pick) who managed to believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast. Claiming Kane is the Greatest Of All Time for instance got a rather voluminous response. That certain poster brought the sweet delights of schadenfreude to the topic. 

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10613 on: March 8, 2018, 03:04:53 pm »
Go on. Tell us what we have to be bitter about?  League position? Being in the CL knockouts? Attacking football? World class managers? Thirty goal-a-season strikers?

Spit it out kid

Despite all this being true, we've still got a few very bitter fans in this particular topic. It's strange. I don't understand it either.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #10614 on: March 8, 2018, 03:10:44 pm »
Well, on those Spurs forums, is all the bitterness confined to a single thread, or is it spread around? Are we, for example, brought up in their post match threads?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10615 on: March 8, 2018, 03:20:59 pm »

Spit it out kid

:lmao

No idea what's to be so bitter about. That's the part that's equally hilarious as it is cringey. We're ahead of Spurs in the league table and into the QF's of the CL while they're not. Yet for some reason or another, there's a good amount of people that come across in this thread like bitter small-time Blues on GOT. Don't understand it.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10616 on: March 8, 2018, 03:23:14 pm »

No idea what's to be so bitter about. That's the part that's equally hilarious as it is cringey. We're ahead of Spurs in the league table and into the QF's of the CL while they're not. Yet for some reason or another, there's a good amount of people that come across in this thread like bitter small-time Blues on GOT. Don't understand it.

Perhaps because you haven't been exposed to the coverage of them in various forms of british media?

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #10617 on: March 8, 2018, 03:27:18 pm »

Don't see any bitterness. Some deserved piss taking, but that's not the same thing at all.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10618 on: March 8, 2018, 03:30:06 pm »

Bitter.

2. feeling or showing anger, hurt, or resentment because of bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment.

At a guess I'd say any recent 'bitterness' would be a sense of unjust treatment in a game between the two sides not a few weeks ago?

Aside from that.....I'm really not seeing any bitterness. Annoyance maybe? Piss taking maybe? Trolling maybe? Mocking because of them going out last night because of what happened in our game, and the subsequent diving against League Two and League One sides? Yeah, maybe that too. Just really not seeing some mass bitterness that you seem to be. Each to their own though.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10619 on: March 8, 2018, 03:33:25 pm »
Just seen the two dives by Alli again last night.

The guy literally has no shame.

Trippier actually got his man booked with a shocker of a dive. If your right back is diving the whole thing has become cultural. These need slapped down instead of justified.

Kane, Alli, Trippier. All English, not Johnny Foreigner Coming Over Here And Conning Us With Their Diving.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spurs
« Reply #10620 on: March 8, 2018, 03:34:37 pm »

You’re right on one thing at least, you don’t understand the thread. For you to claim some people posting on here are “bitter”, we need something to be bitter about. As you admit there is nothing. So I can only conclude you need to expand you vocabulary. Which brings us to “cringey”. It’s not a real word and is only used by the kind of fan who’s worried about what other fans think of us.

You shouldn’t GAF
« Last Edit: March 8, 2018, 03:36:33 pm by zero zero »

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10621 on: March 8, 2018, 03:42:45 pm »
Also your referencing GOT shows you’ve missed the mark with your remarks.

Everton; ugly, turgid football, ramshackle wooden stadium, European nobodys, hated manager. They are bitter about us and you can see why

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10622 on: March 8, 2018, 03:45:05 pm »
Also your referencing GOT shows you’ve missed the mark with your remarks.

Everton; ugly, turgid football, ramshackle wooden stadium, European nobodys, hated manager. They are bitter about us and you can see why

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

That sounds very bitter mate

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10623 on: March 8, 2018, 03:55:09 pm »
Primitav, you there?

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10624 on: March 8, 2018, 03:56:17 pm »
Oops, I just read that Wenger won 2 trophies since Poch took over at Spurs :lmao

I think there is a global consensus that Wenger is shit right now. I just cannot believe how Poch is getting away with such pitiful results.

Spurs are a smaller club and they have moved up the ranks somewhat in those seasons, beyond the need to win something, their biggest challenge now is to continue to improve their squad and fend off the seemingly inevitable departures.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10625 on: March 8, 2018, 04:00:45 pm »
Bitter.

2. feeling or showing anger, hurt, or resentment because of bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment.

At a guess I'd say any recent 'bitterness' would be a sense of unjust treatment in a game between the two sides not a few weeks ago?

Aside from that.....I'm really not seeing any bitterness. Annoyance maybe? Piss taking maybe? Trolling maybe? Mocking because of them going out last night because of what happened in our game, and the subsequent diving against League Two and League One sides? Yeah, maybe that too. Just really not seeing some mass bitterness that you seem to be. Each to their own though.

Some of the more obsessed anti Spurs posters (well one anyway) on here stray into a frame of mind I'd expect from Arsenal fans.

But bitter, no. The true Bitter has an underlying layer of almost religious moral superiority and self righteousness.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10626 on: March 8, 2018, 04:07:06 pm »
McNulty is an awful journo. Really not worth reading his articles at all.

Weird thing is that he used to be a lot better than the stuff he puts out now, it seems like somebody at the beeb decided he could be their designated clickbait writer.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10627 on: March 8, 2018, 04:09:06 pm »
Some of the more obsessed anti Spurs posters (well one anyway) on here stray into a frame of mind I'd expect from Arsenal fans.

But bitter, no. The true Bitter has an underlying layer of almost religious moral superiority and self righteousness.

She just really doesn't like Spurs though, nothing wrong with that. And actually, she was way ahead of the curve on that one  :wave

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #10628 on: March 8, 2018, 04:10:21 pm »

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10629 on: March 8, 2018, 04:11:30 pm »
Despite all this being true, we've still got a few very bitter fans in this particular topic. It's strange. I don't understand it either.

Having an innate sense of justice is something that for obvious reasons is common with LFC fans, so the media love-in, their manager advocating diving and the overwhelming tendency of some of their big names to indulge in such cheating etc is all going to tend increase general levels of animosity without it actually being due to bitterness though.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2018, 04:14:20 pm by Skeeve »

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10630 on: March 8, 2018, 04:13:35 pm »
The new stadium gives them an extra 15,000 seats. Over a season that's what, £20m? Maybe another £10m for the extra corporate facilities? So it should pay for itself in about... thirty years. Then they can match everyone in wages, is that the plan?

Their wage structure is not entirely dependent on paying off the loan, it depends on their overall financial position. What size loan are they taking? A quick scan shows they've already paid a fair chunk from their own reserves for the land, planning permissions, legal work and build up to now, have taken a loan of around 400 million, are looking for naming rights sponsorship. All this is before we even take into account how much margin they want to play with in the future - a club in their financial position, limited debt, coming from this league, are gold standard customers for the big banks. Coupled with the security provided by the tv deals, it wouldn't surprise me if the stadium isn't the biggest restraint on their wages in the near future, but Levy being a tight arse.

Would be more interesting to read an informed Spurs fan talk about this anyway, or a blog like the Swiss Ramble if it's still going. Don't see their best players ticking around for 100 k a week anymore when they could be doubling that without too much trouble in the current environment.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10631 on: March 8, 2018, 04:14:36 pm »
Genuinely can't believe someone said that.
As the person that's said it, still don't see what's so wrong with it
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #10632 on: March 8, 2018, 04:20:25 pm »
Primitav, you there?
Him and Cantona are off having their fun right now.

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #10633 on: March 8, 2018, 04:25:35 pm »
Him and Cantona are off having their fun right now.

Time for a poll...

Who is whom?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10634 on: March 8, 2018, 04:26:23 pm »
Stupid sexy Cantona

He's the much more experienced skiier

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10635 on: March 8, 2018, 04:38:42 pm »
Having an innate sense of justice is something that for obvious reasons is common with LFC fans, so the media love-in, their manager advocating diving and the overwhelming tendency of some of their big names to indulge in such cheating etc is all going to tend increase general levels of animosity without it actually being due to bitterness though.

My two lads (7 and 9) used to like Delle Ali and Kane and were made up when they got their cards in the match attax trading cards, the youngest even had a Kane poster on his wall. After all the diving at Anfield, the lad ripped the poster down and tore it to shreds. They both now, without influence from me, cannot stand Spurs, Kane or Ali and its all due to watching them throwing themselves all over the shop every time they are on telly.

The youngests football club handed out a code of conduct the other week, it includes playing fair and not cheating, so he doesn't like it when he sees high profile players diving about like circus acrobats.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10636 on: March 8, 2018, 04:53:36 pm »
Got some nerve you lot talking about Spurs in a Spurs thread. When will this bitterness end?

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10637 on: March 8, 2018, 04:53:43 pm »

I think the media love-in thing is very overblown on here. I know there was that ridiculous line by some Guardian writer about them "being the club Arsenal should have been" but that's about it. English players, and by extension the clubs they play for, do always good excessive coverage in England, but twas forever thus. Some people on here make out that it's always been like that for Spurs - it absolutely hasn't. It's only been when they've had the England stars (the Gazza/Lineker era and now) that the media has given them more coverage.

Some people on here seem to miss all the great things said about our club (Salah has been rightly getting lauded all season for on field and off field things, Ox's reinvention has been getting a lot of good publicity, our 'Fab 4/3' is rightly recognised by the media as being fucking awesome, etc) and only obsess over favourable coverage that Spurs get, and so frame it as a Spurs media love in.

As I've said a million times on here before - there's only one club in England who get unquestioning support from the media through good times and bad - the establishment club, Man Utd. Spurs, during their shit years (early 90s to Bale) were treated with either apathy or mockery by the media, as you'd expect of any club that isn't Man Utd. They're absolutely not inherently "media darlings".

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10638 on: March 8, 2018, 04:55:25 pm »
Got some nerve you lot talking about Spurs in a Spurs thread. When will this bitterness end?

Look mate if you keep talking about bitterness, which definitely exists, its just going to give the thread more momentum.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10639 on: March 8, 2018, 05:11:25 pm »
I'm glad you all care so much! I think I might need the Tommy_W Suicide Watch thread back from the Robbie Keane days re-opening though...