Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3912368 times)

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Louis Van Gaal is still the Manager of Manchester United
« Reply #26240 on: July 12, 2015, 11:07:57 pm »
They've still got Jones then? A blessed relief.

;D
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26241 on: July 12, 2015, 11:09:34 pm »
They are signing much better players than last year. Schneiderlin is a quality player. Exactly what we need and continue to ignore
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline YoungKopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #26242 on: July 12, 2015, 11:11:16 pm »
Brilliant signings made by them to be fair.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26243 on: July 12, 2015, 11:13:43 pm »
They are signing much better players than last year. Schneiderlin is a quality player. Exactly what we need and continue to ignore

To be fair we have to divert every penny into a striker.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26244 on: July 12, 2015, 11:13:45 pm »
Interesting signings they're making tbf.

Hope they flop but on paper they're looking a lot stronger than us considering they finished 4th.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26245 on: July 12, 2015, 11:14:38 pm »
To be fair we have to divert every penny into a striker.

Oh yeah we do right too. We don't have the money they have to strengthen all areas at once.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26246 on: July 12, 2015, 11:16:04 pm »
Interesting signings they're making tbf.

Hope they flop but on paper they're looking a lot stronger than us considering they finished 4th.

On the flip side Southampton must surely stop being a threat to us soon?

Every smog ridden cloud...

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26247 on: July 12, 2015, 11:16:09 pm »
Looks like they're playing 3-7-1 next season.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #26248 on: July 12, 2015, 11:16:33 pm »
Must be nice to be in a position where you can spend £300m net in 12 months and still be in no danger of FFP because you are so rich in terms of the income you generate.

Could have been us to be fair but we fucked up big time in the 90's. They on the other hand just kept building, building and building.

Not worried yet though. Their defence is still a bag of shit and they are about to lose their best player that was the sole reason they got top 4. Oh yeah, they don't have a good enough ST either.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 11:19:17 pm by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26249 on: July 12, 2015, 11:18:48 pm »
Could have been us to be fair but we fucked up big time in the 90's. They on the other hand just kept building, building and building.

Not worried yet though. Their defence is still a bag of shit and they are about to lose their best player that as the sole reason they got top 4. Oh yeah, they don't have a good enough ST either.

They apparently want a defender and a striker. Otamendi and Lacazette apparently.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #26250 on: July 12, 2015, 11:22:50 pm »
They apparently want a defender and a striker. Otamendi and Lacazette apparently.

That's all they need to have an absolutely perfect summer IMO.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26251 on: July 12, 2015, 11:26:19 pm »
Today will certainly shut-up anyone with United supporting friends that bang on about signing quality CMs for getting on a decade... Schneiderlin & Schweinsteiger in one day   ::).

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #26252 on: July 12, 2015, 11:30:27 pm »

Good luck to them. That'll be a new GK, RB, CB, 2x CM a winger & a striker. 7 new first teamers, all but 1 from different leagues, different languages, styles, etc.

They probably will go on to become a force again, that's inevitable, but it'll cost them close to £500m. They must feel really proud of that achievement.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26253 on: July 12, 2015, 11:33:44 pm »

Never read of any reputable Lacazette to United link.

Where exactly have you heard this?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26254 on: July 12, 2015, 11:35:44 pm »
They probably will go on to become a force again, that's inevitable, but it'll cost them close to £500m. They must feel really proud of that achievement.
Still not a great side for all the money spent

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #26255 on: July 12, 2015, 11:38:28 pm »
I'd imagine they'll often play with Schniederlin and one of Carrick or Schweinsteiger, depending on who is fit. Herrera seemed to have a decent season last year though and I'd imagine they'll be expecting more from him. Being honest though this could possibly be Carrick's last year a United, he'll be 34 by the time the season starts and he's getting injured more and more often. Schweinsteiger is a class act but at 31 in a new league and having suffered many injuries himself there is no guarantee he'll be a definite success. Schniederlin is a player who I really like but I'm pretty sure his injury record isn't great.

It could go either way.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26256 on: July 12, 2015, 11:38:52 pm »
Never read of any reputable Lacazette to United link.

Where exactly have you heard this?

The Times.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26257 on: July 12, 2015, 11:49:01 pm »
The Times.

I was hoping you were going to quote Daily Mail.

That link is very worrying.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #26258 on: July 12, 2015, 11:50:15 pm »
Carrick, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger. Are they trying to have the build the slowest midfield ever?

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #26259 on: July 12, 2015, 11:53:41 pm »
United have had a brilliant window so far. Post-Ferguson they've just thrown a ton of money at clubs, but I guess it works.

Quite clear that it'll be between Chelsea and United for the title next year. I'd have Chelsea as favourites, but I think it'll be very close.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26260 on: July 12, 2015, 11:53:50 pm »
Carrick, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger. Are they trying to have the build the slowest midfield ever?

To be fair Carrick, Herrera and Fellaini were hardly quick but they took the piss out of us.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26261 on: July 12, 2015, 11:58:11 pm »
United have had a brilliant window so far. Post-Ferguson they've just thrown a ton of money at clubs, but I guess it works.

Quite clear that it'll be between Chelsea and United for the title next year. I'd have Chelsea as favourites, but I think it'll be very close.
Surely not a serious post?

Offline Pradan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26262 on: July 13, 2015, 12:00:45 am »

That's a very mean midfield. Would be capable of dominating the fodder in the PL, and also matching up against the very best sides like Chelsea, City and Arsenal.

It will be able to get a foothold on a lot of games through Carrick's skill in possession combined with the energy and tenacity the other two will bring forward.

That's a very good blend to be fair.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #26263 on: July 13, 2015, 12:00:54 am »

Surely not a serious post?
Which part don't you agree with?

Offline Pradan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26264 on: July 13, 2015, 12:04:59 am »

Still the 4th best team in the league.

The attack doesn't hold up when you compare it to the other three. They lack an elite attacker. Chelsea have Hazard, Arsenal hold Sanchez and City possess Aguero.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26265 on: July 13, 2015, 12:06:11 am »
If United keep De Get and sign a world class centre back and a world class striker. They can definitely challenge for the title next season. Otherwise it's 4th place consolidation. 

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #26266 on: July 13, 2015, 12:07:05 am »
Quite clear that it'll be between Chelsea and United for the title next year. .
Haha! Ok then if you say so...

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #26267 on: July 13, 2015, 12:09:22 am »

Still the 4th best team in the league.

The attack doesn't hold up when you compare it to the other three. They lack an elite attacker. Chelsea have Hazard, Arsenal hold Sanchez and City possess Aguero.
I should've made it clear that I was kind of also assuming that they now go on to improve in other areas of the pitch as well. That will take them above City and Arsenal.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Louis Van Gaal is still the Manager of Manchester United
« Reply #26268 on: July 13, 2015, 12:11:41 am »
Haha! Ok then if you say so...
I also predicted they'd finish in the top four. Both before last season, and at any and all points during the season. Including when most on this forum seemed certain we'd beat them.

Not having a go at you personally mate, nor am I saying I'm always right, but I think RAWK lets their hatred for United get in the way of accurate assessments a lot of the time.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26269 on: July 13, 2015, 12:11:48 am »
Which part don't you agree with?
Both main points, but fair enough if that's how you see it.

Remains to be seen how those signings work out, but I wouldn't call it a brilliant window by their standards under Fergie. And they're still in need of a top striker and most likely a top keeper.
I can't see them getting near Chelsea or City and will do well to finish above Arsenal.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #26270 on: July 13, 2015, 12:14:00 am »
Both main points, but fair enough if that's how you see it.

Remains to be seen how those signings work out, but I wouldn't call it a brilliant window by their standards under Fergie. And they're still in need of a top striker and most likely a top keeper.
I can't see them getting near Chelsea or City and will do well to finish above Arsenal.
I wish I saw it another way!

Like I said, I too think Chelsea will win. Just think United will be their closest competition.

Offline Pradan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26271 on: July 13, 2015, 12:14:09 am »
I should've made it clear that I was kind of also assuming that they now go on to improve in other areas of the pitch as well. That will take them above City and Arsenal.

How can you even assume that?

Besides they can spend however much, but it's not going to guarantee a signing of an elite attacker. Lacazette would be a very good signing but he's a tier below the likes of Hazard, Sanchez and Aguero.

Unless they sign Bale, they will be lagging behind both City and Arsenal for the title.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #26272 on: July 13, 2015, 12:18:18 am »
How can you even assume that?

Besides they can spend however much, but it's not going to guarantee a signing of an elite attacker. Lacazette would be a very good signing but he's a tier below the likes of Hazard, Sanchez and Aguero.

Unless they sign Bale, they will be lagging behind both City and Arsenal for the title.
I think it's a safe assumption to say that there will be more purchases to come. United will spend many more millions yet this window.

For me their midfield is now better than both Arsenal and City's. So they don't need a top tier striker necessarily, they have quality everywhere.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26273 on: July 13, 2015, 12:21:17 am »
I think it's a safe assumption to say that there will be more purchases to come. United will spend many more millions yet this window.

For me their midfield is now better than both Arsenal and City's. So they don't need a top tier striker necessarily, they have quality everywhere.
Every team is only as good as they were at the end of last season. A couple of new signings doesn't make their midfield suddenly better than Arsenal and City's before a ball is even kicked.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26274 on: July 13, 2015, 12:22:44 am »
Every team is only as good as they were at the end of last season. A couple of new signings doesn't make their midfield suddenly better than Arsenal and City's before a ball is even kicked.

Well we are fucked then because we were shit last season and lost 6-1 in the end.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26275 on: July 13, 2015, 12:23:10 am »
Have a quite good midfield now, something they never did have under Ferguson.

They are open to the idea of selling Di Maria though, but I guess a midfield of Schweinsteiger, Carrick and Schneiderlin will be very good for them, unfortunately.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26276 on: July 13, 2015, 12:23:47 am »
I know I'm in the minority but Wanyama > Schneiderlin.

"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26277 on: July 13, 2015, 12:26:39 am »
Well we are fucked then because we were shit last season and lost 6-1 in the end.
Yeah, we're shit now until we stop being shit. Which hopefully won't take too long. ;D

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #26278 on: July 13, 2015, 12:27:12 am »
Every team is only as good as they were at the end of last season.
Given we start against Stoke I really hope you're wrong on that one...

But yeah, I actually do think their current signings and a few more will push them above City and Arsenal.

I reiterate, I'm just saying they'll contend for the title. It's not that wild a prediction they'll overtake City and Arsenal when you consider neither of those managed a credible challenge last year.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26279 on: July 13, 2015, 12:28:33 am »
Have a quite good midfield now, something they never did have under Ferguson.

Bit of a shout that. You don't win 13 titles with shite midfields.