Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3912371 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Louis Van Gaal is still the Manager of Manchester United
« Reply #26080 on: July 11, 2015, 05:21:48 pm »
Good signing for them at that price. Obviously there are issues but can't really knock it for £15m, unlike Di Maria who was a dreadful signing. He'd walk into our midfield and everyone here knows it.
he will be on huge wages, and there is a very good reason why baleen are getting rid

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26081 on: July 11, 2015, 05:23:05 pm »
We weren't miles off Arsenal last season. We finished 5 points below them.

So far, I think that we have done the best transfers (although you have done a very good transfer on Firmino) from all teams. Obviously central defense is weak but if we sign Otamendi, that will be fixed. And if we sign Schneiderlin too then I think that we would be as strong as any team in the league (especially if we keep De Gea). Obviously there are three 'if' in my sentences.
falcao and van person are gone/going, Hernandez is off, what strikers are available for you of the quality required? Could possibly play depay up front but there's only Rooney and Wilson there

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #26082 on: July 11, 2015, 05:23:36 pm »
he will be on huge wages, and there is a very good reason why baleen are getting rid
I also don't understand why people keep saying "Schweinsteiger can't be that good now or Bayern would've wanted him to stay" and "Bayern know when to let go of their ageing players". They wanted to keep him.

Rummenigge added: "It's regrettable because Bastian meant a great deal to the club.

"He achieved great things but he wants to do something new at the end of his career. He asked that we meet his wishes.

"We tried to convince him to stay with Bayern Munich. But I also understand that a player who has spent 17 years at Bayern Munich still wants to gain a new experience."

8)
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26083 on: July 11, 2015, 05:23:42 pm »
I also don't understand why people keep saying "Schweinsteiger can't be that good now or Bayern would've wanted him to stay" and "Bayern know when to let go of their ageing players". They wanted to keep him.

Rummenigge added: "It's regrettable because Bastian meant a great deal to the club.

"He achieved great things but he wants to do something new at the end of his career. He asked that we meet his wishes.

"We tried to convince him to stay with Bayern Munich. But I also understand that a player who has spent 17 years at Bayern Munich still wants to gain a new experience."

showing class towards someone who has served them well over the years

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #26084 on: July 11, 2015, 05:25:04 pm »
We weren't miles off Arsenal last season. We finished 5 points below them.

So far, I think that we have done the best transfers (although you have done a very good transfer on Firmino) from all teams. Obviously central defense is weak but if we sign Otamendi, that will be fixed. And if we sign Schneiderlin too then I think that we would be as strong as any team in the league (especially if we keep De Gea). Obviously there are three 'if' in my sentences.

Arsenal won the title did they?

Fuck me, at least read what I was replying to before responding. It was off the back of a response to someone who called your lot potentially "Champions Elect".
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 05:27:31 pm by Tom_B »
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Busby

• was a Liverpool player
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #26085 on: July 11, 2015, 05:32:02 pm »

They tried to convince him to stay;

Quote from: Karl-Heinz Rummenigge
He achieved great things but he wants to do something new at the end of his career. He asked that we meet his wishes.

We tried to convince him to stay with Bayern Munich. But I also understand that a player who has spent 17 years at Bayern Munich still wants to gain a new experience

Should be a great signing this. He's been my dream midfield signing for a ridiculous amount of time to be honest.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26086 on: July 11, 2015, 05:33:18 pm »
Is Schneiderlin off now then?

Offline Busby

• was a Liverpool player
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #26087 on: July 11, 2015, 05:34:42 pm »
Is Schneiderlin off now then?

The general talk is that we want both, nobody knows for sure yet though. Should find out quick enough.

I hope we're still in for him mind.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26088 on: July 11, 2015, 05:38:47 pm »
The general talk is that we want both, nobody knows for sure yet though. Should find out quick enough.

I hope we're still in for him mind.
He has to win league then

Offline Vishwa Atma

• Legacy Fan
  • Money for nothing....
« Reply #26089 on: July 11, 2015, 06:00:00 pm »
Champions elect? Good!!! I hope each and every signing they make is hyped up...... Would love if there is more and more pressure on them, ala the Moyes season..... Darmian is the best RB in the world and Schweignsteiger and Carrick makes it the best midfield in the league.... (Read both on twitter with a few heads nodding) :thumbup :wave

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26090 on: July 11, 2015, 06:02:20 pm »
ahead of Milner mate? Not so sure about that.
Only here would someone say that.

I dont think they are going to win the league or even come all that close. But van Gaal time there will put them on a platform so when the next guy comes in, he will have a better foundation to take them towards winning league titles again..compared to what was in place when van Gaal first got there.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26091 on: July 11, 2015, 06:09:29 pm »
showing class towards someone who has served them well over the years

Could've been a simple, "We'd like to thank Bastian for the impeccable service, loyalty and quality he has given us over the last 17 years and wish him the best of luck at Manchester United".

They wanted to keep him and disputing that is looking at it with Liverpool rose-tinted glasses. Saying they 'got rid' of him is completely false for me and I'd never believe that. They 'got rid' of him just as much as City got rid of Milner. The BBC article also states, "The 30-year-old is believed to have told Bayern he does not want to extend his contract, which runs to 2016." Very similar to Milner.

The only reason I'd have Milner over someone with the class of Schweinsteiger is because he's 7 months younger, knows the league and is less of a mystery injury-wise. Besides that, Schweinsteiger is a level above him and I think he'll work out very well for them.

Anyways, it's not a Milner vs Schweinsteiger debate. It's a very strong signing for them, who I hope flops miserably but I can't see it happening at all.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26092 on: July 11, 2015, 06:15:57 pm »
Seems like you can't question a United signing without some cacking their pants. Ferguson has gone, they're not getting back to those levels of dominance any time soon. They'll be better this season, probably better than us. They may challenge, if not this year then in the next couple of years. But Chelsea won the League easily and won't be dropping off.

I really can't ser United winning the League next season. If they do feel free to laugh away heartily at my prediction, I'll be feeling sick enough anyway not to care.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26093 on: July 11, 2015, 06:18:00 pm »
They wanted to keep him and disputing that is looking at it with Liverpool rose-tinted glasses. Saying they 'got rid' of him is completely false for me and I'd never believe that. They 'got rid' of him just as much as City got rid of Milner. The BBC article also states, "The 30-year-old is believed to have told Bayern he does not want to extend his contract, which runs to 2016." Very similar to Milner.

The only reason I'd have Milner over someone with the class of Schweinsteiger is because he's 7 months younger, knows the league and is less of a mystery injury-wise. Besides that, Schweinsteiger is a level above him and I think he'll work out very well for them.

Not quite the same scenario as Milner since he had another year left on his contract and while they would have wanted to keep him, £15m was clearly too good an offer for a 31 year old that is likely to see his playing time reduce over the next couple of seasons.

Incidentally, Milner is 19 months younger not 7, so you managed to downplay the age gap even more than any of the manc posters on here.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26094 on: July 11, 2015, 06:23:24 pm »
My mistake on the age.

As I said, it's not the same scenario, but it's similar. Both didn't want to sign a new contract at their respective clubs and both clubs wanted to keep them (as seen by being offered a contract/rejecting one). No doubt it's a good offer for Bayern, but I don't understand calls of Bayern 'getting rid' when they initially didn't want to.

I want United to fail just as much as others, but I just don't understand why some downplay their signings to such an extent. They probably won't win the title next year, but it improves them.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26095 on: July 11, 2015, 06:24:31 pm »
We loaning our interviewers to United?
haha exactly

Offline JonnyDubb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #26096 on: July 11, 2015, 06:24:48 pm »
The only reason I'd have Milner over someone with the class of Schweinsteiger is because he's 7 months younger
What sort of advantage does he have over him by being 7 months younger? 7 years I could understand but 7 months is a pretty short timespan.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26097 on: July 11, 2015, 06:30:29 pm »
What sort of advantage does he have over him by being 7 months younger? 7 years I could understand but 7 months is a pretty short timespan.

I got the age wrong, it's 19 months apparently. But I was looking for any advantage to be fair to Milner in this argument. But as I said, it's not a Milner vs Schweinsteiger argument, it's just you can't say United signing him is a negative whilst us signing Milner is a positive. They're both good signings, where in my opinion one is a higher class of a player and one is a player who has good experience in this league.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26098 on: July 11, 2015, 06:35:27 pm »
Oh man! Bastian is going to dominate the league. Playing in all games. Be the spine that will make Utd midfield so solid that they will wrap up the league by christmas ...

We will do well to get sixth again ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Vishwa Atma

• Legacy Fan
  • Money for nothing....
« Reply #26099 on: July 11, 2015, 06:36:14 pm »
As a Liverpool supporter I am aghast that any Utd player can be any good  :o :o (except ofcourse, Ronaldo, Keane, Giggs, Scholes the ginger twat, George Best, etc. etc.)I love(loved) Schweinsteiger at Bayern..... But he's dead to me now..... :'( Unless he proves me wrong and i have to grudgingly admit it, he's shit 31 year old from here on.... ;)  ala Rooney, Ferdinand, Gary Neville, etc....    ;D ;D ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26100 on: July 11, 2015, 06:39:01 pm »
ahead of Milner mate? Not so sure about that.

You are mad. Milner over Schweinsteiger? Really?

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #26101 on: July 11, 2015, 06:46:36 pm »
He's missed 22 games last season and another 28 the season before. Great player no doubt but at 31 and with England having significantly more games than Germany, it will be interesting to see how many games he manages to play this season.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26102 on: July 11, 2015, 06:47:36 pm »
You are mad. Milner over Schweinsteiger? Really?

He's normally worshipping United or putting sly digs in his posts so he's probably aiming for RAWK Meltdown recognition with that one.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26103 on: July 11, 2015, 07:01:40 pm »
He's normally worshipping United or putting sly digs in his posts so he's probably aiming for RAWK Meltdown recognition with that one.

Nailed it, impressive he's lasted this long
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #26104 on: July 11, 2015, 07:04:00 pm »
Oh man! Bastian is going to dominate the league. Playing in all games. Be the spine that will make Utd midfield so solid that they will wrap up the league by christmas ...

We will do well to get sixth again ...

Haha! Oh fucking hell. We might as well not turn up. ;D

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26105 on: July 11, 2015, 07:39:11 pm »
Back to shitting ourselves over United again I see
Sad ain't it.

They will always sign good players but Van Gaal ain't Ferguson, far from it so why worry, i think the fact we finished the season in such a crap way has made people forget how shite they were as well under the Dutch master. We've got our own problems to sort out before we start thinking about others.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26106 on: July 11, 2015, 07:42:55 pm »
Darmian official per The Times.

Same article says that Schneiderlin will still happen, one of Ramos/Otamendi and a striker: Muller/Kane/Lacazette preferred in that order.

Seems ambitious, but I thought the same about Schweinsteiger so...

Offline kopite17

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26107 on: July 11, 2015, 07:44:04 pm »

Lol.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26108 on: July 11, 2015, 07:49:50 pm »

Same article says that Schneiderlin will still happen, one of Ramos/Otamendi and a striker: Muller/Kane/Lacazette preferred in that order.

Is it really that ambitious for them? Schniderlin and Otamendi is more than realistic and they could easily land Lacazette.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26109 on: July 11, 2015, 08:09:44 pm »
Is it really that ambitious for them? Schniderlin and Otamendi is more than realistic and they could easily land Lacazette.

I suppose you're right in that case.

Ramos and Muller though? Pretty, pretty ambitious. I think Bayern's fans would run Guardiola out of town if they moved Schweini and Muller in one window.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #26110 on: July 11, 2015, 08:13:31 pm »
8)

I'll remind you of the absolute euphoria you Mancs were rolling around with last summer over Di Maria and Falcoa. What class players they were. ( at least elsewhere).

Remind me how their performances were for the course of the season?

Bastain will have some good moments and the good odd match. He won't be your savior week in and week out.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26111 on: July 11, 2015, 08:14:53 pm »
I agree this could be Falcao MkII for them.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26112 on: July 11, 2015, 08:17:39 pm »

Ramos is signing a new contract so just goes to show that journalist ain't got a fucking clue.

Still amazes me that people believe what is written in newspapers, yes even The Times.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #26113 on: July 11, 2015, 08:17:43 pm »
I'll remind you of the absolute euphoria you Mancs were rolling around with last summer over Di Maria and Falcoa. What class players they were. ( at least elsewhere).

Remind me how their performances were for the course of the season?

Bastain will have some good moments and the good odd match. He won't be your savior week in and week out.
I really don't recall any euphoria about Falcao from the knowledgeable crowd, fair enough the usual muppets on twitter thought he was better than Messi. But that happens with every signing from any big club. I was never particularly thrilled about him. There was a big split about whether selling Welbeck and getting him was the right decision; it wasn't.

Di Maria was superb for the first two months, then his house gets burgled and he loses all semblance of that form. But he's shown he's got a high ceiling with us and I'm sure he'll reach it next season.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26114 on: July 11, 2015, 08:21:03 pm »
Depay, Darmian, Schniderlin & Schweinsteiger are clear van Gaal signings compared to Mendes last summer. You can see his side forming.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #26115 on: July 11, 2015, 08:31:49 pm »
He's been a great player, not flashy, just a guy that helps teams control the ball, has tonnes of experience and will be a leader in the dressing room. 

I'm not sure they still need Schneiderlin, and although Bastien has had a couple of tough injury hit seasons, I think if you have them both then one will be unhappy to be left out having made the move to United.

We always knew they would eventually do business, it shouldn't be any surprise they aren't shopping in the bargain basement.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26116 on: July 11, 2015, 08:44:17 pm »
I'm absolutely delighted they've signed Schweinsteiger. The worry was they would get someone like Gundogan - a young player who could go on to be a legend for them. Bayern didn't want to sell him but he wasn't crucial to them and United made an extravagant offer for him. Make no mistake, Schweini is in Manchester on Bayern's terms not United's. He had a poor season last year and there is no evidence to suggest he is over his ankle troubles. If he had performed upto his usual standards last year, he'd still be at Bayern, I have no doubts. 

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #26117 on: July 11, 2015, 08:58:45 pm »
Underwhelming signings so far imo. Depay could be really good but I don't see bastian leading this United team at this point in his career and the full back appears a bit of a gamble from Serie A. They need a goals keeper, centre back(s) and strikers, will await judgement until they sign some of them!

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26118 on: July 11, 2015, 09:07:46 pm »
I'm absolutely delighted they've signed Schweinsteiger. The worry was they would get someone like Gundogan
he had to sign an extension with Dortmund because, even though he said he would be leaving, no one wanted him. The guy is hugely injury prone, with his back being the main issue, and not the same player when Dortmund reached the UCL final

Would have been great if they signed him
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26119 on: July 11, 2015, 09:10:32 pm »
Underwhelming signings so far imo. Depay could be really good but I don't see bastian leading this United team at this point in his career and the full back appears a bit of a gamble from Serie A. They need a goals keeper, centre back(s) and strikers, will await judgement until they sign some of them!
No, he isn't. He was the best fullback in Serie A last year. A top player for sometime now, an established Italy international. Equally good on either flank as well as wingback in a 3 CB system. He will do well.