Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1932816 times)

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #1840 on: February 4, 2015, 12:15:49 pm »
I have to admit, Sakho has been a lot more solid of late,   he would get the nod from me,  his passing to players (marked) has to be addressed as he puts us under pressure on more than a few occasions,   hes not the only one though, not just singling him out

He has highest pass completion percentage I think.

If he puts us under pressure, then considering our other players its a wonder we don't concede 5 goals every match.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1841 on: February 4, 2015, 12:18:37 pm »

Yup - in the league.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #1842 on: February 4, 2015, 12:23:06 pm »
hopefully not,  hes not strong enough,  god forbid hes involved in the derby
Why would you hope that he isnt fit tonight? Either way he wouldnt play in the derby. Playing him today gives us the chance to rest Lucas for the derby, which is good.

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
« Reply #1843 on: February 4, 2015, 01:14:59 pm »
Anyone heard anything about Flano? I'm sure it was more than two weeks ago Brendan said two weeks
for a return to full training.
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1844 on: February 4, 2015, 01:25:36 pm »

If he puts us under pressure, then considering our other players its a wonder we don't concede 5 goals every match.

That stat is meaningless without context. If a player has a 90% pass completion percentage but that 10% of incomplete passes is from hoofing the ball up the pitch, and another player has 95% but that 5% of misplaced passes went directly to an opposition forward, which player is better?

I think Sakho is perfect for that LCB slot and I hope he stays fit all season, I just think using that stat to defend him is relatively pointless.

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1845 on: February 4, 2015, 01:53:18 pm »
That stat is meaningless without context. If a player has a 90% pass completion percentage but that 10% of incomplete passes is from hoofing the ball up the pitch, and another player has 95% but that 5% of misplaced passes went directly to an opposition forward, which player is better?

I think Sakho is perfect for that LCB slot and I hope he stays fit all season, I just think using that stat to defend him is relatively pointless.

There is stat for that called errors leading to goal. It would be interesting how Sakho rates on that stat compared to other players in the league. He is one of my favorite players, as his passes are hit perfectly for attackers to pick up the ball. He is very strong in shielding the ball. Has got a really good last ditch tackle on him. I think his aerial presence isnt as strong as people think it is. I definitely dont think he is a top 5 CB in that respect. The best part is, he is still young enough and new to this setup where you can see him growing and getting better every game. Hope he proves all critics wrong.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1846 on: February 4, 2015, 02:04:07 pm »
There is stat for that called errors leading to goal. It would be interesting how Sakho rates on that stat compared to other players in the league. He is one of my favorite players, as his passes are hit perfectly for attackers to pick up the ball. He is very strong in shielding the ball. Has got a really good last ditch tackle on him. I think his aerial presence isnt as strong as people think it is. I definitely dont think he is a top 5 CB in that respect. The best part is, he is still young enough and new to this setup where you can see him growing and getting better every game. Hope he proves all critics wrong.

Does that stat take into account opposition players missing a good chance? Or other defenders in the team making a good recovery tackle to deny them? What if a defender misplaces a pass but one of our own players manages to recover the ball before the opposition player touches it? What if the pass goes out for a throw in? What if the pass puts us under pressure, and a couple of minutes later the opposition score after winning a couple of free-kicks/corners?

There are too many variables to say that a player is good simply because of one stat.

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1847 on: February 4, 2015, 02:16:59 pm »
Does that stat take into account opposition players missing a good chance? Or other defenders in the team making a good recovery tackle to deny them? What if a defender misplaces a pass but one of our own players manages to recover the ball before the opposition player touches it? What if the pass goes out for a throw in? What if the pass puts us under pressure, and a couple of minutes later the opposition score after winning a couple of free-kicks/corners?

There are too many variables to say that a player is good simply because of one stat.

I agree. I didnt mean to say that all our scouts need to do is sort players with high passing percentage and zero or close to zero errors leading to goals and then sign the ones that come on top.

I meant to say for every stat that is missing some information about a players qualities, there are other stats that can look at the missing information. So when you look at 15 defensive statistics for a defense player and the system your team plays, one can figure out if a player is decent at his job or not. Or compare similar players etc.

Anyway, enough derailing this thread. Apologies mods.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1848 on: February 4, 2015, 02:38:34 pm »
I agree. I didnt mean to say that all our scouts need to do is sort players with high passing percentage and zero or close to zero errors leading to goals and then sign the ones that come on top.

I meant to say for every stat that is missing some information about a players qualities, there are other stats that can look at the missing information. So when you look at 15 defensive statistics for a defense player and the system your team plays, one can figure out if a player is decent at his job or not. Or compare similar players etc.

Anyway, enough derailing this thread. Apologies mods.

Yeah stats have their place, especially when looking at multiple stats in combination, I was just pointing out that one stat used in isolation is pretty meaningless.

But yeah, on topic, it looks like we're almost in the relegation zone on the physio room injuries table.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #1849 on: February 5, 2015, 04:48:24 am »
Any updates on Markovic? Looked like a proper knock.
And Lallana? Was his substitution tactical?

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
Re: Current injury updates?
« Reply #1850 on: February 5, 2015, 08:01:07 am »
did Joe Allen get injured last night ?    fingers crossed it wasn't a tactical withdraw   

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1851 on: February 5, 2015, 09:14:55 am »
Does anybody know the details on the type of Injury that sturridge has in regards to been inheaditary ?

Somebody mentioned about tranfussions helping on here

???

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #1852 on: February 5, 2015, 09:18:09 am »
did Joe Allen get injured last night ?    fingers crossed it wasn't a tactical withdraw

That's really harsh mate. He only got back from injury, it is only normal that he is a bit rusty. He's getting eased into it just like Sturridge. Yesterday wasn't the best Joe Allen we've ever seen, yet his two pocket-pickings lead to Bolton going a man down. He really wasn't as bad as some fans like to make it out.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1853 on: February 5, 2015, 10:05:26 am »
That's really harsh mate. He only got back from injury, it is only normal that he is a bit rusty. He's getting eased into it just like Sturridge. Yesterday wasn't the best Joe Allen we've ever seen, yet his two pocket-pickings lead to Bolton going a man down. He really wasn't as bad as some fans like to make it out.

He is but no fan should want a player to get an injury.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #1854 on: February 5, 2015, 02:32:33 pm »
Any updates on Markovic? Looked like a proper knock.
And Lallana? Was his substitution tactical?
Edit : Didnt see both of them in the training pics on the website.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1855 on: February 5, 2015, 02:35:18 pm »
Wishing one of our players injured?, shame on you fella.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #1856 on: February 5, 2015, 03:09:32 pm »
Any news on Lucas?  He wasn't in any of the training pics and has been critical to our recent league wins
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Americaner...

• More American than other, ordinary Americans.
  • Kopite
  • I dream in red and white
« Reply #1857 on: February 7, 2015, 11:23:51 pm »
Any news on Lucas and Coutinho? Hope Lucas will better soon, and hope Coutinho isn't injured. Big players for us, obviously.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1858 on: February 8, 2015, 02:55:31 am »
The heartening thing is how casually Lucas left the pitch. He also went straight to the bench with the others rather than heading to the dressing room. Also, his body movements and those of the physio looked like it was a possibility they both expected. Could be wrong, but all hopeful signs
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #1859 on: February 8, 2015, 02:57:26 am »
The heartening thing is how casually Lucas left the pitch. He also went straight to the bench with the others rather than heading to the dressing room. Also, his body movements and those of the physio looked like it was a possibility they both expected. Could be wrong, but all hopeful signs

Yep. Best thing was he was calm walking off, as was the physio. Could have been a minor strain that they just didn't want to make worse. Probably same for Coutinho, with a possible low grade 1 sprain if anything.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #1860 on: February 8, 2015, 04:20:37 am »
Yep. Best thing was he was calm walking off, as was the physio. Could have been a minor strain that they just didn't want to make worse. Probably same for Coutinho, with a possible low grade 1 sprain if anything.

I didn't even realize Coutinho had been injured. Is that confirmed? If so, it changes my assessment of the Sturridge for Coutinho substitution.

As for Lucas, apparently it was flaring up/aggravation of the injury/problem to his left (?) adductor. I suppose we will never know the actual initiating cause of that. Hopefully, it's not from some mechanical over-compensating from the old ACL injury.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #1861 on: February 8, 2015, 04:28:14 am »
I didn't even realize Coutinho had been injured. Is that confirmed? If so, it changes my assessment of the Sturridge for Coutinho substitution.

When Coutinho was tackled and the physio came on, he held his medial knee, where the MCL is located. From the way he fell under, there would be every chance of an MCL sprain. The fact that he continued for a time, though, would suggest a low grade sprain that he felt, or the management felt, was at risk of getting worse

As for Lucas, apparently it was flaring up/aggravation of the injury/problem to his left (?) adductor. I suppose we will never know the actual initiating cause of that. Hopefully, it's not from some mechanical over-compensating from the old ACL injury.

Depends on what adductor muscle it was, if it was an adductor.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1862 on: February 8, 2015, 01:11:33 pm »
Any other updates yet ?

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1863 on: February 8, 2015, 01:22:03 pm »
Looked to me like Lucas had gone into the game with a little groin strain and  just aggravated it. Doubt he'll be playing against Spurs or Palace but hopefully be back for Southampton or Beşiktaş.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1864 on: February 8, 2015, 02:54:03 pm »
Looked to me like Lucas had gone into the game with a little groin strain and  just aggravated it. Doubt he'll be playing against Spurs or Palace but hopefully be back for Southampton or Beşiktaş.

Having a scan apparently .... If ever there was an injury we needed a lucky break with....

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #1865 on: February 8, 2015, 11:35:36 pm »
FFS

Lucas is out of Tuesday’s pivotal showdown with Tottenham and could be facing a lengthy absence – Paul Joyce, Daily Express
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #1866 on: February 8, 2015, 11:40:49 pm »
FFS

Lucas is out of Tuesday’s pivotal showdown with Tottenham and could be facing a lengthy absence – Paul Joyce, Daily Express

Has Lucas even had a scan yet?

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #1867 on: February 8, 2015, 11:47:39 pm »
Shit, the loss of Lucas is massive :(

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1868 on: February 8, 2015, 11:51:52 pm »

could be true...BUT...if anyone is going to factually break the news, it certainly wouldnt be the fucking express......worthless rag, no better than the metro, my guess is Joyce is speculating in the hope of declaring it an 'exclusive'.

Hopefully Lucas is just fine

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1869 on: February 8, 2015, 11:54:37 pm »
Kolo should be back within a few days and match fit. Either he or Lovren will take Can's place in the three and Can will go into midfield if Lucas is out for a few games. In my opinion, of course.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1870 on: February 9, 2015, 12:17:42 am »
FFS

I know reporters get tidbits of information that usually turn out to be true, but how do they really know it's a lengthy absence when the results of the scan are not even known yet?
YWNA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1871 on: February 9, 2015, 12:20:04 am »
I know reporters get tidbits of information that usually turn out to be true, but how do they really know it's a lengthy absence when the results of the scan are not even known yet?

Exactly, I highly doubt he's going on much other than it may not look good - but we all knew that.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1872 on: February 9, 2015, 01:28:41 am »

They don't.  Journalists don't report news, they twist and manipulate it to create stories.  Note the "could be".  Lucas "could be" having a sex change next year in order to play for Liverpool Ladies....
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1873 on: February 9, 2015, 01:53:33 am »
If Phil's out, is there any chance of Lallana being fit?

Offline Arcadian

• Makes pissed even when sense!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Be the change you want to see in the world...
« Reply #1874 on: February 9, 2015, 02:17:46 am »
Is there no news on big Phil?
*                         *                           *                            *                         *

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #1875 on: February 9, 2015, 03:24:56 am »
FFS

Mate, if you read that article, it is pure speculation by Joyce. Also Rodgers doesnt sound concerned with Sterling and Coutinho. It should be just knocks.

"The return of the Brazilian midfielder to Liverpool’s starting line as coincided with an upturn in fortunes, but he is out of Tuesday’s pivotal showdown with Tottenham and could be facing a lengthy absence.

Lucas missed the FA Cup win over Bolton Wanderers last Wednesday with a thigh problem linked to his adductor muscle and had not trained properly in the build up to the stalemate with Everton.

He was withdrawn after 15-minutes at Goodison Park, and replaced by Joe Allen, amid fears he suffered a new injury in the same area rather than aggravating the existing problem.

Manager Brendan Rodgers was assessing his walking wounded in the aftermath of Saturday’s goalless stalemate with Raheem Sterling and Philippe Coutinho both substituted after receiving knocks to their foot and knee respectively.

Liverpool are four points behind fifth-placed Tottenham and can ill-afford to lose any ground, but looked leggy against Everton as if their recent schedule is catching up with them.

“The only downfall of being in cup competitions is the number of games, but whatever happens with injuries to players the squad will be better for the experience,” said Rodgers.

“If we are playing one game a week it is because we are not in cup competitions and not doing as well as we would want. We want the games to come.

This is a challenging year, but we will be better when we come out of this year and so will the players. Phil Coutinho had a knock on his knee and Raheem had a knock on his foot.

We had fresh players on the bench to bring on and hopefully they will be fit for Tuesday.”

Adam Lallana hopes to be available for the visit of Tottenham when Liverpool’s defensive improvement will be put to the test by in-form striker Harry Kane. "

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #1876 on: February 9, 2015, 09:26:54 am »
@JamesPearceEcho: #LFC have injury concerns over Lucas, Sterling and Coutinho ahead of Spurs clash
http://t.co/1pL7jV2YTm?
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1877 on: February 9, 2015, 09:29:02 am »
We have no true replacement for Lucas, so hopefully it isn't a bad one. Would think that Can could be put in his place but don't like the idea of disrupting the defence.

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #1878 on: February 9, 2015, 09:49:08 am »
Sterling and Coutinho are much needed as is Lucas. Can will replace Lucas but who will replace Sterling and Coutinho? I can't help but feel Rodgers is playing mind games with Pochettino and trying to catch him off guard.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #1879 on: February 9, 2015, 09:59:33 am »
Sterling and Coutinho are much needed as is Lucas. Can will replace Lucas but who will replace Sterling and Coutinho? I can't help but feel Rodgers is playing mind games with Pochettino and trying to catch him off guard.

Can might replace Lucas but he won't replicate what Lucas adds to the team,  he's a different type of player altogether
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't