Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3599993 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: New Kit 2013/14/15
« Reply #5400 on: January 15, 2015, 05:11:41 pm »
i am convinced it was used but im not sure of the game

gave a quick scan there of our results and nothing rings a bell

Definitely wore it once or twice in pre-season. In cup games we've worn yellow v Basel and Bournemouth. No show so far I think?

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5401 on: January 15, 2015, 05:12:30 pm »

I have never understood why people mock up our kit and put Nike on it.

In the first place Nike would never, ever use these designs.

So why pass them off as though Nike would?

Frigging annoying.

Not to mention there's a 90% probability Nike won't be our next kit sponsor nor Adidas...so don't even go there. I'd say 100% but that would be more imho.. as opposed to the reality of it. New Balance will renew as our kit supplier.

^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5402 on: January 15, 2015, 05:27:48 pm »
I'm not fussed, they neither offend me nor make me want to rush out and buy the next one.

Southampton manufacture their own kits in-house don't they?  What would be the benefits/drawbacks from following that sort of model?
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5403 on: January 15, 2015, 05:31:10 pm »
I'm not fussed, they neither offend me nor make me want to rush out and buy the next one.

Southampton manufacture their own kits in-house don't they?  What would be the benefits/drawbacks from following that sort of model?

Worldwide distribution would be an issue with regards to manufacturing ourselves, as we'd have to make connections with international distributors who will get it into all the sports shops as the likes of Nike and Adidas do now.

I also imagine quality and/or using the latest cutting edge materials and manufacturing methods would be an issue. Plus with only making our own it would no doubt cost more per unit.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #5404 on: January 15, 2015, 06:54:16 pm »

Not sure what your point is.

You fail to realize that there are a few clubs that sell shirts in the volume we do. In order to protect themselves from blag kit shirts the material and minor watermarks distinguish the original from blag.

You can see people making blag copies of our shirt based solely on the design "leak" in Rawk.

Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Puma...etc won't use anything shown in here as a design because they could be sued. It doesn't take much to claim I designed it first and take them to court in the USA especially when people associate their name with the mock-up unless they hire them.

You could go to Nike's World headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon and find out for yourself.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #5405 on: January 15, 2015, 07:23:02 pm »
Relax...It's just a prototype 8)
Relax . . . it's just Noz's dirty hankerchief found on the floor of the Albert shortly after closing time on the day of the José Enrique photoshoot for the 2013/14 kit.   ;)

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5406 on: January 15, 2015, 08:20:16 pm »
Not sure what your point is.

You fail to realize that there are a few clubs that sell shirts in the volume we do. In order to protect themselves from blag kit shirts the material and minor watermarks distinguish the original from blag.

You can see people making blag copies of our shirt based solely on the design "leak" in Rawk.

Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Puma...etc won't use anything shown in here as a design because they could be sued. It doesn't take much to claim I designed it first and take them to court in the USA especially when people associate their name with the mock-up unless they hire them.

You could go to Nike's World headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon and find out for yourself.

I thought that your point is that Nike won't make that kind of shirts - retro/classic ones. You're talking about using precisely same design and that isn't my point. I just want that kind of style (like Roma's shirts) opposed to shitty (imo) Warrior/NB style.
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5407 on: January 15, 2015, 08:44:01 pm »
I thought that your point is that Nike won't make that kind of shirts - retro/classic ones. You're talking about using precisely same design and that isn't my point. I just want that kind of style (like Roma's shirts) opposed to shitty (imo) Warrior/NB style.

They won't make that design for us. i was talking about Liverpool kits. Other clubs kits are irrelevant to the discussion.

It's been designed by someone else. Posted on here.

Nike would, if they had the chance, design their own kits for us just like Warrior/New Balance do.

Haven't you ever wondered why there are subtle logos on our kit shirt from Adidas or Warrior or Man Utds as Nike does them. Have you seen a plain simple design by Nike for Man Utd? No you haven't. So what in Fowlers name makes you think Nike would do one for us? There are reasons why. I've explained them.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #5408 on: January 15, 2015, 09:41:15 pm »
Have you seen a plain simple design by Nike for Man Utd? No you haven't.

Well, yes actually - and that's coming from someone who takes your side in this all too regular debate.

Here's two obvious ones.

Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #5409 on: January 15, 2015, 09:46:58 pm »
The first Warrior home was also plain material, was it not?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5410 on: January 15, 2015, 09:51:29 pm »

That's splendid. The collar looks like it was cut with a butter knife.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5411 on: January 15, 2015, 11:28:09 pm »
Well, yes actually - and that's coming from someone who takes your side in this all too regular debate.

Here's two obvious ones.

Then first one you can see the subtle striping.

The second one is more plain than the first but they put a big white fuck off framing around the crest. You think any Man Utd supporters designing kits came up with that idea? Have you seen that continued in their kits since?

The plain designs of our kits  that I was talking about, posted in here, won't be used. New Balance or any other kit supplier will work around the plainness by incorporating other design features. So those wishing for plain will only see it in some tee shirt or the like...imho.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #5412 on: January 15, 2015, 11:49:04 pm »
Then first one you can see the subtle striping.

The second one is more plain than the first but they put a big white fuck off framing around the crest. You think any Man Utd supporters designing kits came up with that idea? Have you seen that continued in their kits since?

The plain designs of our kits  that I was talking about, posted in here, won't be used. New Balance or any other kit supplier will work around the plainness by incorporating other design features. So those wishing for plain will only see it in some tee shirt or the like...imho.

the first one also had a shite white strip in the back above the number aswell

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5413 on: January 16, 2015, 07:37:17 am »
fits in well in the thread so with all the other broken records

ha! I dunno lads, it's a red kit with a Liverbird on it and nothing too fancy, seems great to me. Not like that Hodgson era one up earlier. That always looked weird even on professional footballers.

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #5414 on: January 16, 2015, 08:47:39 am »
I Like the new kits, I also like the fact our kits are unique and not generic templates like most nike/puma and adidas teams!

Be happy our kits are unique and one of a kind.

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5415 on: January 16, 2015, 10:48:14 am »
Was none too impressed by this year's kits (absolutely loved the previous 2 home shirts, and was one of the few who rather liked the creative designs of the other kits), and it looks like next year's are actually going to be worse. Collar on that home shirt looks terrible, and not a fan of the crosshatching either.

But as long as we continue to play in all red I'll go with it. Other clubs have it much worse...

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5416 on: January 16, 2015, 11:27:01 am »
Dream all you want, then look at the tea towel kit Man Utd had and this seasons one.

Then reality hits as to how Nike would design a kit.

It matters not who a kit supplier would be, they wouldn't go as plain as the kits some mock up for various reasons. You'll never see a plain Red kit without some sort of watermark treatment ( IE tea towel or Liverbird silhouette ) because that is what separates the official kit v knock off blag ones.

As someone that has both the official home and blag home kits from the past couple seasons, this is definitely not a difference. The watermarks are just as good on the replicas.
YNWA.

Offline tyrolean_red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5417 on: January 16, 2015, 11:27:26 am »
I dont know if its only me,but our kits are looking cheap since warrior took over. Not inly from a design point of view, but also from a quality point. Maybe it's just my preference, but i just think nike/adidas are the benchmark when it goes to quality and design. I know many people moaned about the three stripes from adidas, but i absolutely loved them. I also think they produce the best training equipment. I dont think our kits will improve with NB. It's a shame adidas pay united a shitload,  as it will mean they wont pay us what we would want to let them again design our kits.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:29:44 am by tyrolean_red »
Thank you Stevie! It was a pleasure.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #5418 on: January 16, 2015, 12:10:49 pm »
I dont know if its only me,but our kits are looking cheap since warrior took over. Not inly from a design point of view, but also from a quality point. Maybe it's just my preference, but i just think nike/adidas are the benchmark when it goes to quality and design. I know many people moaned about the three stripes from adidas, but i absolutely loved them. I also think they produce the best training equipment. I dont think our kits will improve with NB. It's a shame adidas pay united a shitload,  as it will mean they wont pay us what we would want to let them again design our kits.

On the other hand, we're raking it in. Which means we can buy better players. I'll take better players in "cheap" kits over rubbish players in adidas sweatshop specials every time.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline tyrolean_red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5419 on: January 16, 2015, 12:13:06 pm »
On the other hand, we're raking it in. Which means we can buy better players. I'll take better players in "cheap" kits over rubbish players in adidas sweatshop specials every time.
Yea yea, there's no debate about that. However i think we could get both. On a glabal basis we're still one of the 10 biggest clubs

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5420 on: January 16, 2015, 12:38:18 pm »

Have you bought any of the Warrior kits?

Or are you just whinging for whinging sake?

Offline tyrolean_red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5421 on: January 16, 2015, 12:42:21 pm »
Have you bought any of the Warrior kits?

Or are you just whinging for whinging sake?
I'm not whinging. And yes i got some warrior stuff. I also have some adidas stuff from 2007-2009. And I just like these things more. I know that the club may have some financial advantages because of warrior. Nevertheless i hope we return to adidas one day with a very good deal.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5422 on: January 16, 2015, 03:17:43 pm »
I'm not whinging. And yes i got some warrior stuff. I also have some adidas stuff from 2007-2009. And I just like these things more. I know that the club may have some financial advantages because of warrior. Nevertheless i hope we return to adidas one day with a very good deal.

You'll be waiting a long long time... :P

But having said that, for kits, the actual materials have been developed to be lighter and breathe easier. Kits from 5 years ago, you won't see that material again. Even in Adidas.

Offline frosty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5423 on: January 19, 2015, 11:23:36 pm »
The kit material is now always different to that of the players kit

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #5424 on: January 20, 2015, 12:49:04 am »
You'll be waiting a long long time... :P

But having said that, for kits, the actual materials have been developed to be lighter and breathe easier. Kits from 5 years ago, you won't see that material again. Even in Adidas.

But will it be a 'tailored fit'? Us fatties want to know.

Offline Yerolo

• Kopite
« Reply #5425 on: January 20, 2015, 02:19:30 am »

Hope this is not the true kit....horrible. The stitch pattern looks like it was cobbled together by a 5yo and that collar

Worst home kit since the last couple of adidas kits if it happens

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5426 on: January 20, 2015, 02:25:00 am »
Not a huge fan of it, but then again, I wasn't a fan of space invaders when that was leaked too. But by the end of last season I loved it.

Having said that I'd love it if Nike or Adidas came along and replaced NB.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5427 on: January 20, 2015, 02:37:26 am »

Not to mention there's a 90% probability Nike won't be our next kit sponsor nor Adidas...so don't even go there. I'd say 100% but that would be more imho.. as opposed to the reality of it. New Balance will renew as our kit supplier.

When does the contract with Warrior end anyway?

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #5428 on: January 20, 2015, 08:54:11 am »
When does the contract with Warrior end anyway?
warrior/new balance ends 2018
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #5429 on: January 20, 2015, 08:55:12 am »
But will it be a 'tailored fit'? Us fatties want to know.
i found this years home tight around the neck alright. i was obese when i bought it xl and even though ive lost a lot of weight its still a wee bit tight around the neck

i know one or two others said the same
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5430 on: January 20, 2015, 05:17:12 pm »
That home kit is crap in so many ways.
How the fuck is that a final product of a team of designers working for a period of time? Who said 'Yes, that's it!'. Are they blind? Is this designed in MS Paint with feet? Why are they working so hard to surpass their own shitness? Why have their designer forgotten everything they learned in school? Inexplicable to be honest, unless their strategy is to make kits as unappealing and as remote from elegant-iconic look as possible.

Simple, red, clean, appealing.

Try again you dimwits.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #5431 on: January 20, 2015, 05:22:22 pm »
Not bought a Liverpool shirt since Kenny came back in 2011 and don't think I'd buy another. I feel sorry for parents that have to by them for kids. The price of them these days, you could get a decent pair of trainers.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #5432 on: January 20, 2015, 05:29:57 pm »
I didn’t bother with this seasons home jersey and by the looks of things won’t be getting next year’s either. Let’s hope we're in a good bargaining position when the NB contract is up in 2018.

Offline rushs-tash

• Kopite
  • "If you do X, Y & Z - Bob's your uncle"
« Reply #5433 on: January 20, 2015, 06:30:11 pm »
I guarantee, when this kit is seen modelled by the players and worn on match days in full kit guise a lot of people's opinions will change.

If it's a decent 'fit' it could be a cracking kit IMO  :wave

Offline Vortigen

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5434 on: January 20, 2015, 06:39:44 pm »
I haven't liked any of the kits since Carlsberg.  The standard chartered logo is crap.  Warrior designs are crap.  It's all crap.   

Offline ncred

• ble
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5435 on: January 20, 2015, 06:53:55 pm »
It's all crap.   

The internet.  Turning reasonable folks into complete moaners since 1995.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5436 on: January 20, 2015, 07:02:38 pm »
The internet.  Turning reasonable folks into complete moaners since 1995.

Nah, the ones who are idiots were always idiots - the internet just gives them a platform to air their idiotic remarks.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5437 on: January 20, 2015, 07:08:30 pm »
I like that. The red and white looks distinctive.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5438 on: January 20, 2015, 09:37:56 pm »
Hope this is not the true kit....horrible. The stitch pattern looks like it was cobbled together by a 5yo and that collar

Worst home kit since the last couple of adidas kits if it happens

:o :o :o :o

Last few adidas kits have been head and shoulders over the muck that Warrior have given us.

Online LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #5439 on: January 21, 2015, 02:26:57 am »
warrior/new balance ends 2018

So far away :(