Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3588201 times)

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #21080 on: March 30, 2021, 05:46:16 pm »
Don't get the hate for this years away.  It's looks great in person and is pretty comfy to boot.  Need something to break up the row of red in the closet as well.   I have the 17/18 away jersey as well so maybe it's just me lol...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #21081 on: March 30, 2021, 07:40:14 pm »
Sorry to just take out one piece of a long post like that, but this is the crux of the issue. You don't know what's cool anymore. Unfortunately, it's just the way it goes. I'm heading that way myself, nothing wrong with it just have to accept it and move on  ;D
Well that's it. I'm done here.

I've never been so insulted in all of my life.  :nirnir :moon :nirnir

;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21082 on: March 30, 2021, 07:52:45 pm »
Sorry to just take out one piece of a long post like that, but this is the crux of the issue. You don't know what's cool anymore. Unfortunately, it's just the way it goes. I'm heading that way myself, nothing wrong with it just have to accept it and move on  ;D

Hey, leave grandad alone.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21083 on: March 30, 2021, 08:19:27 pm »

Original is cool,having the same shirt as Spurs isn't.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21084 on: March 30, 2021, 08:37:53 pm »
Don't get the hate for this years away.  It's looks great in person and is pretty comfy to boot.  Need something to break up the row of red in the closet as well.   I have the 17/18 away jersey as well so maybe it's just me lol...

My Dad had a shirt that was very similar in 1975
Jurgen YNWA

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #21085 on: March 30, 2021, 08:39:48 pm »
Well that's it. I'm done here.

I've never been so insulted in all of my life.  :nirnir :moon :nirnir

;)

Blame Craig.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21086 on: March 31, 2021, 10:27:04 am »
My "quirky" comment was aimed across the board rather than just at Nike. We've had some horror shows from Warrior / NB and if we look at the be dogs dinners many companies (including Nike) have designed for other clubs we see joke designs are common.

My area (where I am every week) runs from Sefton to the north of the city down to Sefton Park in the South. Until lockdown it was city centre too. Since its release I'd seen probably four of those tops on people. Yesterday I did see a fifth, on a guy who takes footy training in the park. I thought he had an Abu Dhabi top on, but when closer I saw it was the snorkelling vest.

It's all subjective of course. Personally, I just feel that better designs would sell more. I know lots of people are holding onto their cash because they think current kit offerings are poor. If Nike don't want their money, that's up to them. Out of three kits every year they could at least come up with one sleek, classy design that excites the buying fanbase.

As a non-Scouser who spends a fair amount of time in Liverpool, I definitely see more kids wearing kits outside of Liverpool  ;D. Although that in itself is possibly a bit sad as families may have been priced out and I'd probably argue most of the Scouse families I know are pretty pure football 'traditionalists' in many senses.
YNWA.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21087 on: March 31, 2021, 11:05:26 am »
As a non-Scouser who spends a fair amount of time in Liverpool, I definitely see more kids wearing kits outside of Liverpool  ;D. Although that in itself is possibly a bit sad as families may have been priced out and I'd probably argue most of the Scouse families I know are pretty pure football 'traditionalists' in many senses.

I live in the centre and on a sunny day you’ll see loads of kids out in the kits. In fact the vast majority will have a Liverpool lot on.

Of course when they get to high school age they get a bit too cool for that and decide to wear a black coat in all weathers, often with the hood up, obv to protect themselves from the sun.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #21088 on: March 31, 2021, 11:41:30 am »
Would love them to put six stars above the Liverbird on the kits from now on. I don't know why they've never bothered with the stars, I can only remember us ever having them on the 3rd kit in 2005 released after Istanbul.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #21089 on: March 31, 2021, 11:43:34 am »
Would love them to put six stars above the Liverbird on the kits from now on. I don't know why they've never bothered with the stars, I can only remember us ever having them on the 3rd kit in 2005 released after Istanbul.

New Balance did a CL special range after Madrid that had them on (I bought a couple of bits). Looks boss.

That said, not sure you'd want it on the kit permanently though.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline BondysNiners

• Main Stander
  • Can I tell you the story of a poor boy
« Reply #21090 on: March 31, 2021, 05:20:26 pm »

It’s against PL rules.
One day, it will happen

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21091 on: March 31, 2021, 05:55:38 pm »

I was in Bebington over on the Wirral this morning and I saw a young girl in the greeny/bluey snorkelling kit.  :)

Even two lads in the chessboard away kit, but all other footy tops on show were the red home top.

Anyway, I'm still hurting after being declared uncool in this thread.  :sad

:)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21092 on: March 31, 2021, 07:23:42 pm »

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21093 on: March 31, 2021, 07:54:21 pm »

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21094 on: March 31, 2021, 07:57:30 pm »
It’s against PL rules.

What rules?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 07:59:09 pm by J_Kopite »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21095 on: March 31, 2021, 08:22:02 pm »
At least it's not like this

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/10/exclusive-nike-chelsea-21-22-home-kit.html

Wil MOTD have to put a warning same as the flashing lights? That zigzag is messing my eyes up.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21096 on: March 31, 2021, 09:35:34 pm »

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21097 on: March 31, 2021, 09:48:41 pm »

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/10/exclusive-nike-chelsea-21-22-home-kit.html

About the worst looking kit i've ever seen,this patterns designer must've been high on something or insane,or both.

Offline BondysNiners

• Main Stander
« Reply #21098 on: March 31, 2021, 10:03:22 pm »
What rules?

The PL do not allow any symbols that represent wins in other competitions on their kits. LFc would be free to add them to a CL or FA cup kit, but wouldn’t be allowed to add them to their normal home PL kit.
One day, it will happen

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21099 on: March 31, 2021, 10:04:45 pm »
Club kit designs are getting worse every year, that Chelsea one is a pisstake. Only international kits are nice nowadays.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21100 on: March 31, 2021, 10:48:52 pm »
It's a terrible attempt at the cool Nigeria jerseys Nike have done recently.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21101 on: March 31, 2021, 11:05:18 pm »
Club kit designs are getting worse every year, that Chelsea one is a pisstake. Only international kits are nice nowadays.

I'm not sure I agree with you there mate, there were some absolute shockers in the 90s and 00s.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21102 on: April 1, 2021, 08:59:33 am »
It's a terrible attempt at the cool Nigeria jerseys Nike have done recently.

Without appreciating that it is the Nigeria green against the white that makes those kits work. Not quite the same effect with a dark-ish blue and black!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21103 on: April 1, 2021, 10:22:53 am »
Without appreciating that it is the Nigeria green against the white that makes those kits work. Not quite the same effect with a dark-ish blue and black!

Yes, even if the pattern wasn't terrible the colour scheme still doesn't work.

Fuck it, it's GokWan.

Offline J_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21104 on: April 1, 2021, 10:47:41 am »
The PL do not allow any symbols that represent wins in other competitions on their kits. LFc would be free to add them to a CL or FA cup kit, but wouldn’t be allowed to add them to their normal home PL kit.

Can you cite this rule please? Not meaning to be an arse, but this sounds like one of those urban legends that always gets repeated like "Carlsberg insisted our away kit colours were green".

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21105 on: April 1, 2021, 01:14:15 pm »
Forest have it on their kit don't they? Not PL team to be fair.

Personally not arsed about the stars, bit self congratulatory. The badge and LFC represents our history and symbolise achievement without the extras.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21106 on: April 1, 2021, 01:16:29 pm »

I'm usually up for a bit of madness with a kit but that is an absolute shocker. no redeeming features.

Offline BondysNiners

• Main Stander
« Reply #21107 on: April 1, 2021, 02:09:14 pm »
Can you cite this rule please? Not meaning to be an arse, but this sounds like one of those urban legends that always gets repeated like "Carlsberg insisted our away kit colours were green".

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2021/03/24/20a9c091-be5a-4bf5-a9f4-87e2a86ad84f/2020-21-PL-Handbook-240321.pdf

Section M page 193
One day, it will happen

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #21108 on: April 1, 2021, 03:33:52 pm »

Nothing to stop any club adding to the crest design.

City had those three stars above their crest that meant nothing

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21109 on: April 1, 2021, 05:29:24 pm »

I'm going to lose any kit credentials I might have had here, but I don't really mind this. I like a mad pattern. The yellow trim does feel somewhat incongruous, particularly on the sides, but I think if those parts were in white it'd be fine.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21110 on: April 1, 2021, 06:17:16 pm »
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21111 on: April 1, 2021, 06:34:32 pm »
https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2021/03/24/20a9c091-be5a-4bf5-a9f4-87e2a86ad84f/2020-21-PL-Handbook-240321.pdf

Section M page 193
There's nothing in that section that says a club can't display stars above their badge to indicate trophies won.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21112 on: April 1, 2021, 07:32:00 pm »
I'd hate us to have stars on our shirt, it would feel really small time. Everyone knows what we've won, keep the badge understated rather than 'look at us'

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #21113 on: April 1, 2021, 07:55:03 pm »
Not that I particularly want them on ours but I’m sure Villa have a star on their badge to signify their European cup win

Offline J_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21114 on: April 1, 2021, 07:56:12 pm »
There's nothing in that section that says a club can't display stars above their badge to indicate trophies won.

Yep, nothing there about badges at all in fact!

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21115 on: April 1, 2021, 10:37:06 pm »
I'd hate us to have stars on our shirt, it would feel really small time. Everyone knows what we've won, keep the badge understated rather than 'look at us'

Small Time.

Big Time.

David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21116 on: April 1, 2021, 11:04:18 pm »
Nothing to stop any club adding to the crest design.

City had those three stars above their crest that meant nothing

Now it's their club that means nothing.

Personally, I'm glad we haven't gone down the stars on the shirt route. The Liver Bird with LFC underneath tells people everything they need to know. We really don't need any pretentious self-aggrandisement.

I think it's fine on limited edition shirts sold in the store, but I'd rather them not be incorporated into the official club crest.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21117 on: April 1, 2021, 11:26:45 pm »

Personally, I'm glad we haven't gone down the stars on the shirt route. The Liver Bird with LFC underneath tells people everything they need to know. We really don't need any pretentious self-aggrandisement.

I think it's fine on limited edition shirts sold in the store, but I'd rather them not be incorporated into the official club crest.
Are you dead against these too?  Unnecessary aggrandisement?

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21118 on: April 2, 2021, 12:19:17 am »

Me too. If you know, you know. If you don’t know, who cares?

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21119 on: April 2, 2021, 12:50:25 am »
Are you dead against these too?  Unnecessary aggrandisement?

Why would I be against the 6 times badge that was awarded to the club?

We hadn't incorporated it ( or the Respect campaign badge) into our crest last time I checked.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2021, 12:54:26 am by Son of Spion* »