Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3595980 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #21040 on: March 28, 2021, 11:05:08 am »
People just want a plain red shirt every season with maybe a little white around the collar.

Yeah, the absolute nerve...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #21041 on: March 28, 2021, 11:28:15 am »
Yep. Problem is, the club crest is shite to start with. Should always just be the bird and LFC.

Absolutely this.

Offline mark2311

• Kemlynite
« Reply #21042 on: March 28, 2021, 11:32:00 am »
I feel like I’m going a bit mad here. Can someone show me a Liverpool kit since the Second World War that had any other colours than red, white or gold (not including the crest)?  And now, since last year, all of a sudden it’s “boring” to not want other random colours added to the kit?  :o I guess I’m part of the “loud minority”!

And yes, I know the teal and pink and whatever other shite colour is only currently part of the trim, but give Nike an inch and they’ll take a mile. Judging from the awful kit designs currently being put out there. Where does it stop? I swear some on here would be happy with Joseph’s Technicolour Dreamcoat and then label others whiners and boring for daring to want a traditional Liverpool kit  ;D

The only one I can think of is 93-95. The kit I’d associate with Robbie Fowler
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 03:40:02 pm by mark2311 »

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #21043 on: March 28, 2021, 11:34:49 am »
The only one I can think of is 93-95. The kit is associate with Robbie Fowler
The green trim around the collar? Yeah, true. Forgot about that one.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21044 on: March 28, 2021, 01:32:36 pm »
I'd be interested to see a comparison of the reds we've used over the years. Light to dark. The trickery of TV cameras could make that hard to judge though. Older footage can distort colours, they appear more "fuzzy".

Off the top of my head, I'd say the 2000/01 kit is the lightest we've had (it was nearly pink) and the beautiful 2017/18 one is the darkest.

Champions League win was the darkest.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #21045 on: March 28, 2021, 06:10:06 pm »
I feel like I’m going a bit mad here. Can someone show me a Liverpool kit since the Second World War that had any other colours than red, white or gold (not including the crest)?  And now, since last year, all of a sudden it’s “boring” to not want other random colours added to the kit?  :o I guess I’m part of the “loud minority”!

And yes, I know the teal and pink and whatever other shite colour is only currently part of the trim, but give Nike an inch and they’ll take a mile. Judging from the awful kit designs currently being put out there. Where does it stop? I swear some on here would be happy with Joseph’s Technicolour Dreamcoat and then label others whiners and boring for daring to want a traditional Liverpool kit  ;D

This is it. The real Gok Wans in here are the defenders of the technicolour dreamcoat kits, not the traditionalists.  :nirnir   :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #21046 on: March 28, 2021, 08:52:14 pm »
This is it. The real Gok Wans in here are the defenders of the technicolour dreamcoat kits, not the traditionalists.  :nirnir   :D
;D

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21047 on: March 29, 2021, 12:52:43 am »

Jokes aside - I think people need to realise the younger generation will be less bothered about tradition and more about aesthetics. Kids who get their parents to buy their kits won't be that buzzing for a simple kit every season.
YNWA.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21048 on: March 29, 2021, 01:18:35 am »
Jokes aside - I think people need to realise the younger generation will be less bothered about tradition and more about aesthetics. Kids who get their parents to buy their kits won't be that buzzing for a simple kit every season.
You are right. Aesthetics do matter. That's my point though. Cool and classy always sells, and it sells to a much wider audience than those who will go for quirky stuff.

Since its release I've seen maybe four kids with the snorkelling vest away kit on, in a year we are reigning champions and people are more inclined to part with their money for club related products.

Even a family by ours whose kids get every kit on release have only bothered with the home shirt this season. Aesthetics really do count, even to kids, and horrendous designs are costing our club a lot of money.

To me, it's simple common sense that designs that are generally considered cool and classy will sell more than quirky stuff that only appeals to limited sections of the buying public.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #21049 on: March 29, 2021, 04:10:51 am »
You are right. Aesthetics do matter. That's my point though. Cool and classy always sells, and it sells to a much wider audience than those who will go for quirky stuff.

Since its release I've seen maybe four kids with the snorkelling vest away kit on, in a year we are reigning champions and people are more inclined to part with their money for club related products.

Even a family by ours whose kids get every kit on release have only bothered with the home shirt this season. Aesthetics really do count, even to kids, and horrendous designs are costing our club a lot of money.

To me, it's simple common sense that designs that are generally considered cool and classy will sell more than quirky stuff that only appeals to limited sections of the buying public.

Do you have evidence that shite designs are costing the club a lot of money? Shirt sale figures?

Surely if the sales are that bad, Nike will realise there must be a reason for it. If upon investigation, the reason is "nobody is buying the shirts coz the design is shite", then they'll change the design of future shirts, in order to sell more.

Or are Nike that determined to force their bollocks onto us that they don't care?

Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21050 on: March 29, 2021, 07:34:37 am »
I went back to the leaks of the 2014/15 kit collection on this thread (now widely accepted as some of the worst kits we've EVER had) and the reaction was largely positive.

I think the performance in a particular kit changes peoples opinions massively.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21051 on: March 29, 2021, 10:06:20 am »
I went back to the leaks of the 2014/15 kit collection on this thread (now widely accepted as some of the worst kits we've EVER had) and the reaction was largely positive.

I think the performance in a particular kit changes peoples opinions massively.

Definitely true. Think how much moaning there was initially over the leaks of last seasons shirt (2019/2020) and look how that turned out!

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #21052 on: March 29, 2021, 10:27:36 am »
The home kit this season is shite, anything is an upgrade

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #21053 on: March 29, 2021, 10:50:02 am »
The home kit this season is shite, anything is an upgrade

Agree. Too bad. I usually like Nike for other wear. Bringing green/teal into a Liverpool home kit is just a no.   
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 10:51:42 am by Raaphael »

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21054 on: March 29, 2021, 02:29:41 pm »
Do you have evidence that shite designs are costing the club a lot of money? Shirt sale figures?

Surely if the sales are that bad, Nike will realise there must be a reason for it. If upon investigation, the reason is "nobody is buying the shirts coz the design is shite", then they'll change the design of future shirts, in order to sell more.

Or are Nike that determined to force their bollocks onto us that they don't care?
Only anecdotal, going on the sheer amount of people who are saying they aren't buying due to the poor range of kit on offer. I'm one of them. I'd have shelled out a fair bit myself, but all I could find that was decent was one training top.

People will come in and say that Nike have recorded massive sales, but we were recently champions of everything and we are still reigning English Champions. Many will buy just because of that. Thing is, if the kits were actually nice, they'd have had a hell of a lot more sales than they already have.

It stands to reason. Quality designs will always sell. When designs are Marmite, people get choosy, and when people get choosy, you lose sales. It's basic common sense. Same as when any of us go to buy any clothing for any occasion. If we don't like what we see, we buy something else or we keep our money in our pocket.

Personally, I genuinely do believe that the likes of Nike are arrogant enough to churn out monstrosity after monstrosity whilst pretending its quality product. They seem to believe they can stick a club crest on a sack of shite and some will buy it anyway. Its clear they are correct in many cases, but they also lose a hell of a lot of sales that they would have had if they could've been bothered coming up with something classy.

Ultimately it's no skin off my nose. I don't lose sleep over any of this. If I like something, I'll buy it. If I don't, I won't. Same with the unofficial merch too. If I like a design, I'll buy. If not, I don't. With anything though, it stands to reason that quirky narrows your market, whilst cool and classy broadens it.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #21055 on: March 29, 2021, 04:35:01 pm »
The current kits have sold more than the previous season. So Nike will pat themselves on the back.

The problem is, they could have sold more IF the designs would have been better.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21056 on: March 29, 2021, 05:35:19 pm »
The current kits have sold more than the previous season. So Nike will pat themselves on the back.

The problem is, they could have sold more IF the designs would have been better.
That's it in a nutshell really.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21057 on: March 30, 2021, 10:14:29 am »

That 'snorkelling vest' kit has done very well though. You might not have seen it in your area, but it's popular and is a cool kit for many under the age of 30 with any sense of style.

The quirky stuff sells - and I would argue Nike hasn't really done anything that quirky yet.
YNWA.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #21058 on: March 30, 2021, 10:25:36 am »
The kits aren't aimed at 40/50/60 year olds.

The reason you liked the kits of the past was because you were young then.

I'm sure back then your fathers/grandfathers were complaining about the kits having a sponsor or manufacturers logo.

Of course everyone is allowed to have an opinion but it's a bit like trying to convince your son/daughter to turn off the new OFB song and listen to some Bob Dylan.

So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21059 on: March 30, 2021, 10:42:52 am »
Only anecdotal, going on the sheer amount of people who are saying they aren't buying due to the poor range of kit on offer. I'm one of them. I'd have shelled out a fair bit myself, but all I could find that was decent was one training top.

People will come in and say that Nike have recorded massive sales, but we were recently champions of everything and we are still reigning English Champions. Many will buy just because of that. Thing is, if the kits were actually nice, they'd have had a hell of a lot more sales than they already have.

It stands to reason. Quality designs will always sell. When designs are Marmite, people get choosy, and when people get choosy, you lose sales. It's basic common sense. Same as when any of us go to buy any clothing for any occasion. If we don't like what we see, we buy something else or we keep our money in our pocket.

Personally, I genuinely do believe that the likes of Nike are arrogant enough to churn out monstrosity after monstrosity whilst pretending its quality product. They seem to believe they can stick a club crest on a sack of shite and some will buy it anyway. Its clear they are correct in many cases, but they also lose a hell of a lot of sales that they would have had if they could've been bothered coming up with something classy.

Ultimately it's no skin off my nose. I don't lose sleep over any of this. If I like something, I'll buy it. If I don't, I won't. Same with the unofficial merch too. If I like a design, I'll buy. If not, I don't. With anything though, it stands to reason that quirky narrows your market, whilst cool and classy broadens it.

Except Nike haven't done anything particularly odd yet, and they're generally known for fairly simplistic (minimalist might be a bit much) designs. The kit that everyone was up in arms about this season was a fairly smart teal kit with black trim. Nothing to get excited about really.

This isn't aimed at you, but I think there's a decent number of al fellas on here (think Gazelles and Voi jeans) who never really wanted Nike to begin with. Even objectively none of our Nike kits have come close to the awfulness of the 13/14 away kits for instance. I might be in a minority here, but I'm glad we don't have set colours for our away kits.

New Balance and Warrior's away kits had a weird habit of being both garish and forgettable, and I don't think that will be the case with Nike.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21060 on: March 30, 2021, 11:30:11 am »
That 'snorkelling vest' kit has done very well though. You might not have seen it in your area, but it's popular and is a cool kit for many under the age of 30 with any sense of style.

The quirky stuff sells - and I would argue Nike hasn't really done anything that quirky yet.
My "quirky" comment was aimed across the board rather than just at Nike. We've had some horror shows from Warrior / NB and if we look at the be dogs dinners many companies (including Nike) have designed for other clubs we see joke designs are common.

My area (where I am every week) runs from Sefton to the north of the city down to Sefton Park in the South. Until lockdown it was city centre too. Since its release I'd seen probably four of those tops on people. Yesterday I did see a fifth, on a guy who takes footy training in the park. I thought he had an Abu Dhabi top on, but when closer I saw it was the snorkelling vest.

It's all subjective of course. Personally, I just feel that better designs would sell more. I know lots of people are holding onto their cash because they think current kit offerings are poor. If Nike don't want their money, that's up to them. Out of three kits every year they could at least come up with one sleek, classy design that excites the buying fanbase.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21061 on: March 30, 2021, 11:33:35 am »

It makes sense to have a "quirky" kit every season. You could have three really classy designs that most people love, but even then very few are going to buy more than one of them let alone all three. So having something that appeals to a market that wouldn't be interested in the normal look will just increase sales across the board. Something for everyone.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21062 on: March 30, 2021, 11:39:58 am »
Except Nike haven't done anything particularly odd yet, and they're generally known for fairly simplistic (minimalist might be a bit much) designs. The kit that everyone was up in arms about this season was a fairly smart teal kit with black trim. Nothing to get excited about really.

This isn't aimed at you, but I think there's a decent number of al fellas on here (think Gazelles and Voi jeans) who never really wanted Nike to begin with. Even objectively none of our Nike kits have come close to the awfulness of the 13/14 away kits for instance. I might be in a minority here, but I'm glad we don't have set colours for our away kits.

New Balance and Warrior's away kits had a weird habit of being both garish and forgettable, and I don't think that will be the case with Nike.
I'll be honest, I was in two minds about Nike. On one hand, I find Nike well overpriced, but they aren't alone there. I also struggle to like much stuff by them generally, so I didn't believe they'd come up with much stuff for us that I'd actually buy. That bit has come true for me.

Having said that, I was really keen to have their prestige (although not with me personally, their name carries a lot of weight to most who buy sportswear) and to have their global reach. I was sick of going abroad and seeing that it was so hard to buy our kit whilst plenty of far smaller English clubs had presence on shelves. So on that score, Nike were welcome for me.

I will admit to having a few pairs of Gazelles, though no Voi jeans. 😄

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21063 on: March 30, 2021, 11:42:33 am »
Its definitely Nike>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adidas for trabs at this point.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #21065 on: March 30, 2021, 11:52:38 am »
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/03/nike-liverpool-21-22-home-away-third.html

Not real.

Why doesn't the Liverbird have the copyright sign on the real shirt, it used to didn't it?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21066 on: March 30, 2021, 11:53:57 am »
I'll be honest, I was in two minds about Nike. On one hand, I find Nike well overpriced, but they aren't alone there. I also struggle to like much stuff by them generally, so I didn't believe they'd come up with much stuff for us that I'd actually buy. That bit has come true for me.

Having said that, I was really keen to have their prestige (although not with me personally, their name carries a lot of weight to most who buy sportswear) and to have their global reach. I was sick of going abroad and seeing that it was so hard to buy our kit whilst plenty of far smaller English clubs had presence on shelves. So on that score, Nike were welcome for me.

I will admit to having a few pairs of Gazelles, though no Voi jeans. 😄

I quite liked the idea of signing with Nike. Partly because I generally like their designs and partly because I was bored with New Balance. As you say, supply was definitely an issue too.

I generally like our kits this season. I like our home shirt (I have a bigger issue with the slightly cheap-looking white stripe than the teal), and I like the away shirt too. Having said that, if there is a disappointment it's that none of them are total 5/5's.

As you say, it shouldn't be too hard to make one really nice kit that everyone can get behind.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21067 on: March 30, 2021, 11:58:38 am »
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/03/nike-liverpool-21-22-home-away-third.html

Not real.

Tell you what, it's a shame that the white/ecru one is fake because that would have been one of our better designs. Will be interesting to see how the real one shapes up, particularly if they are using those colours

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21068 on: March 30, 2021, 11:59:02 am »
The kits aren't aimed at 40/50/60 year olds.

The reason you liked the kits of the past was because you were young then.

I'm sure back then your fathers/grandfathers were complaining about the kits having a sponsor or manufacturers logo.

Of course everyone is allowed to have an opinion but it's a bit like trying to convince your son/daughter to turn off the new OFB song and listen to some Bob Dylan.
I'll have you know I'm a very young 58.  :-*

I never liked the introduction of sponsorship on shirts. Most of us didn't back then. For what it's worth, I still don't like it, although it's become a necessary evil these days. Shirts pretty much always look better without a sponsor plastered across the front.

I can never recall anyone having issues with manufacturers logos though.

I actually disagree that we liked kits back then just because we were young. We (myself and mates I knew) were still selective. We tended to buy, or ask our parents to buy, the kit we liked and gave those we were less keen on a miss.

Regarding any kit and merch range, it's all subjective. It's all just opinion. I'm only talking from my own perspective and relating comments and attitudes towards the current offerings from Reds I know personally. I'm not trying to suggest I'm right and others are wrong. I'm just of the opinion that cool and classy always sells and will always have a market ready to throw money at it. Currently, I feel the offerings lack that buying option, although I fully accept that others may disagree with me there.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21069 on: March 30, 2021, 12:01:30 pm »

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21070 on: March 30, 2021, 12:03:06 pm »
Why doesn't the Liverbird have the copyright sign on the real shirt, it used to didn't it?

Not sure mate but this is the current home kit and it isn't on it.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21071 on: March 30, 2021, 12:12:16 pm »
Could be worse

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/12/manchester-united-21-22-home-kit-info.html

Saw that. I'm sure their last 3 or 4 home shirts have all looked more-or-less identical.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #21072 on: March 30, 2021, 01:12:06 pm »
https://twitter.com/WisdenCricket/status/1376859718820433921?s=20

And people thought our away kit was bad 😂

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21073 on: March 30, 2021, 01:15:17 pm »
Could be worse

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/12/manchester-united-21-22-home-kit-info.html

The shirt or having Pogba?

Yeah, it used to have a little R behind the back leg just under the wing

Jurgen YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21074 on: March 30, 2021, 02:19:28 pm »

Yeah, it started with Nike I think, not sure how or why.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21075 on: March 30, 2021, 02:19:55 pm »

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #21076 on: March 30, 2021, 02:23:44 pm »
The plain design is nice enough but all the badges in a long line looks odd.

Looks daft with Adidas & the club logo that way around too - if nothing else, the colour of the club logo would break things up a bit.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #21077 on: March 30, 2021, 02:26:16 pm »

Not real.

Have we ever had anything with a horizontal pinstripe?  I can imagine that being quite nice if done subtly enough?  Perhaps red on yellow, or black/red on white.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21078 on: March 30, 2021, 02:28:00 pm »
Yeah, it started with Nike I think, not sure how or why.

That’s the fan’s shirt. Don’t think the player’s version is any different, mind.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #21079 on: March 30, 2021, 03:06:04 pm »
I'll have you know I'm a very young 58.  :-*

I never liked the introduction of sponsorship on shirts. Most of us didn't back then. For what it's worth, I still don't like it, although it's become a necessary evil these days. Shirts pretty much always look better without a sponsor plastered across the front.

I can never recall anyone having issues with manufacturers logos though.

I actually disagree that we liked kits back then just because we were young. We (myself and mates I knew) were still selective. We tended to buy, or ask our parents to buy, the kit we liked and gave those we were less keen on a miss.

Regarding any kit and merch range, it's all subjective. It's all just opinion. I'm only talking from my own perspective and relating comments and attitudes towards the current offerings from Reds I know personally. I'm not trying to suggest I'm right and others are wrong. I'm just of the opinion that cool and classy always sells and will always have a market ready to throw money at it. Currently, I feel the offerings lack that buying option, although I fully accept that others may disagree with me there.

Sorry to just take out one piece of a long post like that, but this is the crux of the issue. You don't know what's cool anymore. Unfortunately, it's just the way it goes. I'm heading that way myself, nothing wrong with it just have to accept it and move on  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.