Author Topic: Daniel Andre Sturridge  (Read 1162505 times)

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
Re: Daniel Andre Sturridge
« Reply #8440 on: August 19, 2014, 01:56:06 am »
Makes it all the more sad when you consider this guy has never and will never get Torres-level love, esp. from blokes. He's not blond or super-cute enough. Go figure.

There. Elephant in room spotted. Don't shoot it, please.

Not super cute?

I think he's hot as fuck.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8441 on: August 19, 2014, 01:58:46 am »
Yeah thats true not many things rhyme with Sturridge.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #8442 on: August 19, 2014, 02:08:30 am »
Makes it all the more sad when you consider this guy has never and will never get Torres-level love, esp. from blokes. He's not blond or super-cute enough. Go figure.

There. Elephant in room spotted. Don't shoot it, please.

Naw, got nothing to do with that and more to do with him arriving when we had one of the best players in world football on the books. Pretty much like Bale at Real, not matter how good Bale is he isn't Ronaldo.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8443 on: August 19, 2014, 02:10:30 am »
Dont think about it too much too much too much too much. Danny Sturridge loves to score goals *clap clap*

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC-0p4k0jw4

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #8444 on: August 19, 2014, 02:18:48 am »
Sturridge doesn't exactly rhyme with a lot of words!

Porridge?

Yeah, oatstanding that is
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #8445 on: August 19, 2014, 02:33:56 am »
Dont think about it too much too much too much too much. Danny Sturridge loves to score goals *clap clap*

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC-0p4k0jw4

Here's Daniels song to us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g1Ib8PAFBQ
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8446 on: August 19, 2014, 02:54:29 am »

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8447 on: August 19, 2014, 11:28:47 am »
Yeah thats true not many things rhyme with Sturridge.

Courage

Offline iVapor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8448 on: August 19, 2014, 11:30:55 am »
He's gonna dance in a minute..  (*gets coat*)

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #8449 on: August 19, 2014, 11:40:06 am »
He's cooler than a fridge
Sturridge Sturridge

"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8450 on: August 20, 2014, 07:50:29 am »
So I've been following the goings on in the transfer thread and the clamour for a "marquee" signing (and for Falcao..) so I was thinking, how does Daniel actually stack up to these other so called "world class" strikers? Originally this was more to look at Falcao compared to Sturridge, but I extended it to include what many people probably consider the top names out there striker-wise, leaving out the obvious world top 3. It's always easy to look at goals alone and say how good a striker is without looking at how many are not penalties (NPG) and adjusting for minutes. So I looked at a few of what most people would consider to be the elite level strikers and how they got on last season... To be clear the point of this isn't to say we shouldn't be aiming for other top players, it's more just to see what level our Daniel is at. (All "goals" are non-penalty goals).

The major thing that jumps out is that Sturridge's goal return is really quite extraordinary - he was almost twice as prolific as Falcao and Higuain last season and far and away above Cavani and Benzema. Arsenal's new boy comes out here quite well - his last season was really very impressive. When you look at it again to include assists, all players numbers improve (with the exception of Falcao who made no assists) but notable is that Cavani, Benzema and Higuain all make decent jumps in their numbers. Again though, Sturridge stands out here (alongside Sanchez, not fucking bitter...) as scoring or assisting at a rate comfortably above one a game.

Then I thought, maybe that's a bit unfair on Falcao and Higuain, who's numbers seemed quite low, for whatever reason. Falcao obviously moved to (a pretty poor side in) Monaco and Higuain to Napoli, and both were adjusting to new leagues. Cavani too was in his first year in a new league, so I thought hey, lets look again. So I took each of these players most prolific seasons (in a top league, so in this case only Serie A and La Liga).

Higuain suddenly comes out much better, what a 09/10 season he had for goals! But you know what, even in their most prolific seasons in a top league, neither Falcao or Cavani have achieved what Danny did last season. In fact, they're not even that close. Extraordinary right? Especially since you can't help but feel Sturridge can still improve. Indeed, when you add assists back in, Sturridge gets mighty close to Higuain's overall contribution in his golden season.

What about elite players over their careers though? This was difficult for Falcao, given that he only spent two years in La Liga, and his most impressive goalscoring exploits were arguably in Portugal, so I threw Benzema in instead.

On goals alone, Sturridge is only bettered by Higuain. I mean, that's fucking ridiculous. These stats include when Sturridge was playing at Man City (as a kid) and when he was playing a bit part role for Chelsea on the wing. Add in assists and Sturridge still comes out more than respectively. I wanted to compare to his LFC average, but that probably isn't fair since he's only been here 18 months. For what it's worth, his LFC and pre LFC averages are shown below.

Worth noting, that even before he moved here, Sturridge was an excellent goalscorer. His pre-LFC average compares quite nicely with the Cavani and Benzema of last season, and beats Higuain and Falcao. Playing, mostly, wide. What in the flying fuck were Chelsea thinking? £12m. Absolutely comical.

If Sturridge can have a season this year as good as the last, I'd say he'd have a more than legitimate case for being a world class striker. He's more than got the numbers to back it up since he moved here, but maybe after a season playing in Europe and having done it for 2 and a half years will mean he really makes that transition to the upper echelon.

Edit - just realised I forgot Aguero which was a bit of a major fuck up, but it took too long for me to go back and add him in now!

Offline wellred99

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8451 on: August 20, 2014, 08:14:47 am »
Interesting analysis thank you for that.

Offline Rich

• Kopite
  • RAWK Lurker
« Reply #8452 on: August 20, 2014, 02:00:12 pm »
Yeah, oatstanding that is

Daniel sturridge,
he eats porridge,
he comes from... yeah nevermind

Offline evered avenue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8453 on: August 20, 2014, 02:09:11 pm »
Let's take back the Torres Song:

He came to us from Stamford Bridge
Sturridge Sturridge
He saw the light and made the switch
Sturridge Sturridge
A whirlwind when he's on the pitch, He's cooler than a fucking fridge
He's Daniel Sturridge
And he dances when he scores

and repeat XX

Offline Liverbird27

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8454 on: August 20, 2014, 02:41:55 pm »
Sturridge doesn't exactly rhyme with a lot of words!

Porridge?

Torres/Suarez's songs weren't based on rhymes with their names. We could easily use either of their songs and replace their names with Sturridge, and it'll still work.

"His armband proved he was red, Sturridge, Sturridge..."
OR
"His name is Daniel Sturridge, and he wears the famous red..."

But obviously, Sturridge deserve a unique song of his own.

We're just being lazy..... we're not putting in enough effort to bring about a song for him. It was hard for Rodgers' too, but we got there in the end through preserverence.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:46:25 pm by Liverbird27 »

Offline iVapor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8455 on: August 20, 2014, 08:30:25 pm »
Watching premier league years 13/14. Funny how all the plaudits were for Suarez last year but in every big game where we dominated it was Sturridge who was scoring

Offline medicineboy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8456 on: August 20, 2014, 09:04:04 pm »
To the tune of Safety Dance:

He can score when he wants too,
He'll leave your defenders behind!
And he only needs one chance to make him dance
And the Kop will dance in time!

He can score when he wants too,
Danny's ours and ours alone!
He wears the red that makes defenders dread
coming near our Red Home!

He will dance! He will dance!
Danny only needs one chance!
He'll dance!! He'll dance!!
Danny leaves your defenders in a traaaance!
He'll score! He'll score!
He'll leave the Kop begging for more!
He'll score, He'll score
The Reds are gonna sooooar!

It's Danny's Daaaaance! It's Danny's Daaaance!

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #8457 on: August 21, 2014, 12:17:06 am »
Torres/Suarez's songs weren't based on rhymes with their names. We could easily use either of their songs and replace their names with Sturridge, and it'll still work.

"His armband proved he was red, Sturridge, Sturridge..."
OR
"His name is Daniel Sturridge, and he wears the famous red..."

But obviously, Sturridge deserve a unique song of his own.

We're just being lazy..... we're not putting in enough effort to bring about a song for him. It was hard for Rodgers' too, but we got there in the end through preserverence.

True.

I think there would be a certain poetry in Sturridge's name being sung to the Suarez song, after playing second fiddle for two seasons.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8458 on: August 21, 2014, 12:18:51 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu_zwdmz0hE

o0o0ooooo0o0oo0o0oooo Daniel Sturridge

Come on, he can't take the Paul Konchesky song
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #8459 on: August 21, 2014, 12:57:59 am »
I've heard Sturridge say he was partial to wearing an Undertaker t-shirt in his younger years. Just use Undertaker's chant but replace the name. Wrestling fans will know what I'm on about.

"UN-DER-TAKE-ER" (Clap, clap, clap, clap)

"DAN-IEL-STUR-RIDGE" (Clap, clap, clap, clap)

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8460 on: August 21, 2014, 01:37:54 am »
I forgot who it was but someone suggested awhile ago a Sturridge song to the We Will Rock You chorus. Simple but effective.

DANIEL DANIEL STURRIDGE [clap, clap, clap]
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #8461 on: August 21, 2014, 01:56:53 am »

I forgot who it was but someone suggested awhile ago a Sturridge song to the We Will Rock You chorus. Simple but effective.

Like it.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #8462 on: August 21, 2014, 02:01:13 am »
Like it.
Seems like something you'd hear at a shite West End production.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #8463 on: August 21, 2014, 03:36:33 am »
Seems like something you'd hear at a shite West End production.
Any song is better than no song. The "Sturridge doesn't rhyme with anything" excuse is just lame. I read an article in a broadsheet once entitled "why daniel sturridge will never be loved at liverpool". Looks like the guilty party has now had it deleted from Google; but the Daily Fail soon followed up with their own version: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2578345/Sturridge-never-Kop-idol-like-Suarez-Gerrard-hes-destined-brilliant-unloved-Liverpool-like-Owen.html
Now they're spreading rumours that Sturridge is looking for a Spanish tutor cuz he's off to Spain.

Then there's stuff like this out there from our own backyard: http://live4liverpool.com/2013/11/view-from-the-kop/daniel-sturridge-where-is-the-love

Only a matter of time before people start asking uncomfortable questions about pigmentation. Give the boy a song already. Take the Super Danny Murphy song and make it a Sturridge song. Simples.

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8464 on: August 21, 2014, 05:04:25 am »
Any song is better than no song. The "Sturridge doesn't rhyme with anything" excuse is just lame. I read an article in a broadsheet once entitled "why daniel sturridge will never be loved at liverpool". Looks like the guilty party has now had it deleted from Google; but the Daily Fail soon followed up with their own version: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/football/article-2578345/Sturridge-never-Kop-idol-like-Suarez-Gerrard-hes-destined-brilliant-unloved-Liverpool-like-Owen.html
Now they're spreading rumours that Sturridge is looking for a Spanish tutor cuz he's off to Spain.

Then there's stuff like this out there from our own backyard: http://live4liverpool.com/2013/11/view-from-the-kop/daniel-sturridge-where-is-the-love

Only a matter of time before people start asking uncomfortable questions about pigmentation. Give the boy a song already. Take the Super Danny Murphy song and make it a Sturridge song. Simples.

Your "Daily Fail" link there is from the Daily Mash, which is a spoof website with fake/jokey news.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8465 on: August 21, 2014, 05:21:10 am »
Your "Daily Fail" link there is from the Daily Mash, which is a spoof website with fake/jokey news.

I think that's an autocorrect on here.

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8466 on: August 21, 2014, 05:23:07 am »
I think that's an autocorrect on here.

Oh.
Clever!

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8467 on: August 21, 2014, 05:23:12 am »
He's cooler than a fridge
Sturridge Sturridge

;D I like this one

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8468 on: August 21, 2014, 05:34:22 am »
The main thing Studge needs to work on his is strength and aerial ability. At the moment he plays purely as an off the shoulder striker but if he is to become more complete he has to add more strength and ability to hold the ball up and challenge for aerial duels. Guys like Suarez, Bony, Falcao, Cavani despite being similar height or even shorter than Studge, regularly outmuscle big centrebacks not just purely because of their weight but the way they use their body and their mentality. Even Torres who was similarly an off the shoulder striker had this ability.

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #8469 on: August 21, 2014, 06:52:55 pm »
still no proper song ?

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #8470 on: August 21, 2014, 07:05:37 pm »
To the tune of SOS by rihanna

La la la la la la la la la dohhhh
SOS won't someone help me
Make a rhyme for Danny's last name
It's such a pain, it's driving us insane, it can't go on this way

Offline iVapor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8471 on: August 21, 2014, 07:07:15 pm »
Macho man fits with his name, but I'll leave lyrics for someone else.

Any idea who came up with Poetry in motion? Give them a bell
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 07:10:15 pm by iVapor »

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8472 on: August 21, 2014, 07:11:14 pm »
To the tune of SOS by rihanna

La la la la la la la la la dohhhh
SOS won't someone help me
Make a rhyme for Danny's last name
It's such a pain, it's driving us insane, it can't go on this way

:lmao

Offline Roblaar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8473 on: August 21, 2014, 08:34:30 pm »
Daniel Daniel Daniel Sturridge,
Plays with power and pace and courage,
Scores his goals with a final flourish,
Daniel Daniel Daniel Sturridge

Repeat louder and faster

Offline desak29

• Main Stander
  • Boundaries are your limits
« Reply #8474 on: August 21, 2014, 10:57:28 pm »
Sturridge, I want to watch you make some porridge
while you score goals  darling
and sturridge dont let me down like  your porridge
l
killa koch

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8475 on: August 22, 2014, 04:56:44 am »
Holymoly's post shows why Sturridge is number one. He just scores, remarkable record.

Offline rednationals

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8476 on: August 22, 2014, 05:30:32 am »
Who can turn the world on with his dance?
Who can take a nothing chance, and suddenly put the Kop in a trance?
Well it's you Dan, and you should know it
With each touch and every little movement you show it

Goals are all around, no need to waste it
You can have a shot, why don't you take it?
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1GC6yXZ4e4

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8477 on: August 22, 2014, 05:51:11 am »
Don't know if anyone's suggested this before for a song, but what about the Flipper theme tune:

His name is Dan-iel!  Stur-ridge!  faster than light-ning,
No one you see, scores more goals than he,
And with our Dan-iel!  Sturridge!  we're in a world full of won-der,
Cheering there on-the, centenary...

Offline tuaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8478 on: August 23, 2014, 06:58:08 am »
I'm not good with words, but to the tune of "If I were a rich man":

Daniel Daniel Sturridge
Idle-diddle-daidle Idle-diddle-daidle-daidle dum
When he plays he always puts them in
He's our dancing goal machine, HEY!

Daniel Daniel Sturridge
Idle-diddle-daidle Idle-diddle-daidle-daidle dum
He will always put on a great show
Oh Daniel we love you so. HEY!

Then, just like the na-na-na part in Torres' song, there's always the freedom to just go "la la la .... HEY!"  with the tune, starting slowly and speeding up.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #8479 on: August 23, 2014, 10:23:04 am »
With his love for Drake, I'm thinking a verse+chorus of Hold On We're going home

He's gonna score a few
And then he'll have a dance
He's name is Daniel Sturridge
And he is class

Just hold on he's gonna score

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-XORle260uU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-XORle260uU</a>
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.