Author Topic: DOTA 2  (Read 17522 times)

Offline Max Leon

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: DOTA 2
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2013, 03:10:26 pm »

Offline DerKaiser

• It's German for "TheCheesyRanter". Likes young boys.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2013, 04:25:07 pm »
Why is that the case? :o

New update coming soon, including 2 new heroes, Ember Spirit and Earth Spirit.
http://www.dota2.com/threespirits?l=english

He can be arrogant sometimes and I don't like the way he speaks to his teammates. He also thinks he's better than he really is.. he's not that good. I'd much rather watch a pro player stream. For example I think Blitz strikes a great balance between teaching and genuine top class quality.

Anyway I can't wait for the update. The new Storm Spirit looks beastly!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:26:57 pm by DerKaiser »

Offline Max Leon

• Main Stander
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2013, 04:48:05 pm »
He can be arrogant sometimes and I don't like the way he speaks to his teammates. He also thinks he's better than he really is.. he's not that good. I'd much rather watch a pro player stream. For example I think Blitz strikes a great balance between teaching and genuine top class quality.

Anyway I can't wait for the update. The new Storm Spirit looks beastly!
His reactions arent that good that is right.
But in terms of teaching the theory behind Dota there is no better regular streamer than Purge in my book.
He seems a bit arrogant I agree but then again he desppises people who flame their teammates or the opponent in all-chat which could be more common in the community in general.

I'm especially excited for the Earth Spirit.
He looks to be really dangerous and funny in the right hands (that won't be min, I'm terrible with those kind of heroes :D).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:50:03 pm by Max Leon »

Offline Max Leon

• Main Stander
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2013, 05:16:31 pm »

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2013, 06:03:44 pm »
Totally addicted to this game. Add me on Steam: paranoid_bishop.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline DerKaiser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2013, 09:31:14 pm »
The new heroes definitely look WIP. The animations arn't too great but I'm looking forward to how they progress.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2013, 10:49:53 pm »
Totally addicted to this game. Add me on Steam: paranoid_bishop.

Request sent. Made in Korea.  :D
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline Max Leon

• Main Stander
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2013, 12:16:48 am »
Just played both spirits in bot matches.
The earth one feels a bit like a bail out support and/or initiator but then again I'm probably bad with it.
Ember feels a bit more like a semi carry/ganker it's really funny to kill people and instantly bail out to your remnant. :D

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2013, 03:49:20 am »
Request sent. Made in Korea.  :D
Wow just seen your profile...:D
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2013, 04:02:35 am »
Wow just seen your profile...:D

The way this game hooks people, you'll get there, trust me. :P
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2013, 04:12:38 am »
The way this game hooks people, you'll get there, trust me. :P

I fear you are right. Taking me back to my World of Warcraft lost years...

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2013, 07:56:39 am »
pravin_kopite :wave
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2013, 11:56:11 am »
Anyone played Diretide yet? So much fun!  ;D

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2013, 05:18:45 pm »
But in terms of teaching the theory behind Dota there is no better regular streamer than Purge in my book.
He seems a bit arrogant I agree but then again he desppises people who flame their teammates or the opponent in all-chat which could be more common in the community in general.

He looks to be really dangerous and funny in the right hands (that won't be min, I'm terrible with those kind of heroes :D).

IMO synderen is better
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Max Leon

• Main Stander
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2013, 11:05:46 pm »
IMO synderen is better

Then again, he feeds a lot. :p

Finally found the best counter (imo) to death prophet.
It's Omniknight.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2013, 03:51:00 am »

Purge isn't a great player imo. His basics are abit iffy and missing last hits and denies isn't something you expect from a regular streamer. That said I've streamed myself and it's not easy to deal with the lag that comes with it.

Strategy-wise, the casters at BTS are quite tight and it's possible to learn quite abit. Love it when H4NNI casts as well.

Anyway, add me if you will - I play on SEA though

STEAM_0:0:45904242
http://dotabuff.com/players/91808484
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2013, 04:02:26 am »
Mostly Chinese teams I guess?
They more often than not play 4 protect 1 (anti mage, alchemist, naga etc.).
That changed a bit since the patch but generally that was their meta game.

Nah 4p1 is Chinese Dota from 2009 to 2010. They've moved away from that nowadays.

Chinese dota has actually gone through alot of transformations through the years - from tricore to 4p1 to now something more resembling Western dota. Emphasis on safe flash farming though.

The reason why you see quad bottom is because they abandon the hard lane. In the current meta normally its a trilane safe, solo mid and solo hard. The solo hard quite commonly is a NP / Sylla - windrunner has reduced in popularity recently as has clock as a hard solo. The reasoning behind this is because NP or Sylla can block creep spawns thereby ensuring that at least the lane is pushed. Bulldog is credited with making this very common in the current meta.

In pro games they are pretty decent at denying xp to your hard solo. Therefore by about 5 minutes or so the NP commonly abandons the hard lane and goes to the jungle to catch up on farm - you can get a midas by 8 if your supports have been stacking and clear the triple stacks together with you. From there you catch up and gain some relevance as a no. 3 in the team.

Offline Historical Fool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2013, 04:06:04 am »
Very true. I'm pretty much just using her to learn the carry role better. Any reason why she isn't used on the pro scene much?

Because drow is a terrible hard carry. You'll be playing as a no. 1 but can't justify the farming emphasis. You need alot of farm but are a ranged carry that's squishy and has no relevant escape mechanism to speak of. Shadow blade is nerfed and gets countered by 180g dust.

It's the same reason sniper hardly ever gets picked as a no.1. Traditional hard carries like AM / FV / Alchem / CK have much more relevance.

Even if drow is played in a 2 position, there are so many better alternatives - Mirana / Razor / a good QOP / TA / Puck can all justify the no. 2 farm better than a drow can.

Offline Max Leon

• Main Stander
« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2013, 04:42:55 pm »
Purge isn't a great player imo. His basics are abit iffy and missing last hits and denies isn't something you expect from a regular streamer. That said I've streamed myself and it's not easy to deal with the lag that comes with it.

Strategy-wise, the casters at BTS are quite tight and it's possible to learn quite abit. Love it when H4NNI casts as well.

Anyway, add me if you will - I play on SEA though

STEAM_0:0:45904242
http://dotabuff.com/players/91808484
He's not that good yeah but you can learn alot about the theory for pulling etc.
That is why he's good for beginners (imo).

SEA should be impossible for me because of the ping I guess :/

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2013, 07:37:33 pm »
Anyone watched MLG Columbus tournament final day yesterday?

XBOCT going twin rapiers with Gyrocopter...  :o

Offline Max Leon

• Main Stander
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2013, 01:45:33 am »
Anyone watched MLG Columbus tournament final day yesterday?

XBOCT going twin rapiers with Gyrocopter...  :o
Yeah.
He bought 3 in the end. :D

But nice to see a final without Na'Vi or Alliance.

Offline Historical Fool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2013, 08:46:16 am »
He's not that good yeah but you can learn alot about the theory for pulling etc.
That is why he's good for beginners (imo).

SEA should be impossible for me because of the ping I guess :/

I can play on your server I guess, the ping won't go above 200 which is manageable (tho not ideal).

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2013, 03:31:49 pm »
Yeah.
He bought 3 in the end. :D

But nice to see a final without Na'Vi or Alliance.

It's nice to see that for a change.
The final was great too, Arteezy performed very well for a stand in player.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: December 7, 2013, 08:21:09 am »
Big, big update to match making system coming:

http://blog.dota2.com/2013/12/matchmaking/

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: December 7, 2013, 10:28:48 am »
Hadn't played for a few weeks before a friend persuaded me to join him. Picked Ursa and had my best ever match, ending it with 21-0.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: December 9, 2013, 09:14:53 pm »
I fucking love Meepo. Just want to put that out there. JongWK cheers for the party invites mate. You guys on a whole new level.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 9, 2013, 09:26:07 pm »
I fucking love Meepo. Just want to put that out there. JongWK cheers for the party invites mate. You guys on a whole new level.

Thanks. Sometimes we assemble a darn good group, sometimes... not.  :P ;D

By the way, Keeper of the Light constantly recharging Ogre Magi (or anyone with spammable spells) is so, so abusive.

Offline Historical Fool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2013, 06:25:05 am »
Thanks. Sometimes we assemble a darn good group, sometimes... not.  :P ;D

By the way, Keeper of the Light constantly recharging Ogre Magi (or anyone with spammable spells) is so, so abusive.

What server you on Jong?

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2013, 10:22:17 am »
US East, usually.

Offline Historical Fool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2013, 12:04:32 pm »
you have an id? tried searching Made in Korea but came up with too many hits.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2014, 01:19:33 pm »
you have an id? tried searching Made in Korea but came up with too many hits.

Apologies for not answering before, I totally forgot to do so. This is my profile.

My usual server is US East, but can also play US West or Europe.

By the way, just checked myself. 1,694 hours on record.  :o
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:22:19 pm by JongWK »

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2014, 11:04:42 pm »
Interesting patch. New hero, pretty decent buff to Void, big changes to Earth Spirit and a kick in the dick for Broodmother, Venomancer and Alchemist.

No mana cost on Blink Dagger a nice buff to low intelligence heroes like Centaur.

Tinker's Aghs upgrade sounds annoying.

http://www.dota2.com/newbloom/day2

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2014, 12:41:06 pm »
Lion's ult with Aghanim Scepter... ouch!

The new game mode sounds extremely wacky.  ;D

Offline DerKaiser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 1, 2014, 11:43:06 am »
Had a game as Razor on which I had sikuchi, Sand Kings stun, chilling touch and Wraith Kings ult. Fun was had to say the least.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2014, 12:27:43 pm »
Anyone up for playing a few games. Been enjoying this so far but play mostly in Random select groups.

My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2014, 12:32:27 pm »
Anyone up for playing a few games. Been enjoying this so far but play mostly in Random select groups.

Had a few games with JongWK (Made in Korea), I think he's close to championship level, always feel a bit nervous playing with him and his mates. Not been on for a while. Username: paranoid_bishop if you want to send a friend invite.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2014, 01:43:29 pm »
Had a few games with JongWK (Made in Korea), I think he's close to championship level, always feel a bit nervous playing with him and his mates. Not been on for a while. Username: paranoid_bishop if you want to send a friend invite.

I'll throw you an invite.

Got friends of my own who are serious (Nowhere near JongWK's level) and i feel a bit shite playing with them too  ;D

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2014, 02:17:40 pm »
Add me if you want: Made in Korea

I usually play in US or EU West servers.  :D

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2014, 02:24:42 pm »
I would humbly suggest not buying the Tranquil Boots, Manta or the Energy Booster for Riki next time. Get Diffusal Blade * (more agility, more damage, mana drain, and you can use it to purge yourself of Dust of Appearance), Power Threads (more agility or HP, plus attack speed), and Vladimir's Offering (mana regen, lifesteal aura that can stack with Diffusal's effect, and extra damage). Urn of Shadows is a cheap item to consider too (extra HP, mana regen, and once you start killing people, gives you 400 hp healing charges). Butterfly is also an amazing item if you can build it. Bottomline: You want to hit hard, hit often, and GTFO before they know what happened.  :P

* Upgrade to DB2 when your DB1 is running out of charges.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2015, 01:37:40 am by JongWK »

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2014, 02:53:01 pm »
Yeah Manta is useless but by the stage I got that we had 2 out of three of the oppositions T3's down with Barracks so It was just for something to buy.  I will deffo go Diffusal blade next time.

Thanks for the heads up.