Author Topic: DOTA 2  (Read 17526 times)

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: DOTA 2
« Reply #160 on: March 1, 2015, 06:57:10 pm »
I'm always up for a RAWK pub match. Get invites from JongWK, where I typically fuck up and embarrass meself...
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #161 on: March 2, 2015, 11:36:46 am »
Here's the link if any of you guys are interested. All the details about how to register a team are on there as well if this tickles anyone's fancy.

http://hkon.tv/dota-tournament

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #162 on: March 3, 2015, 05:14:50 am »
Alright guys,

I'm part of a gaming commutity that organianising a "casual cup" for dota 2. There's a cash prize on offer if you win (transfered by paypal)

It's not a try hard series and most of my community have donated. It's for mature gamers (why am i taking part then) and it should be a bit of a laugh, if people want to get 1 or 2 teams sorted, let me know in here and i'll post the link to the details (if that's ok mods)

It'll be down to the best of 3 rounds per game

It's happening early april, again i'll edit this post and gove the exact date this next week

Server base / rotating servers?
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: March 3, 2015, 01:05:44 pm »
Server base / rotating servers?

Lobbies will be created and parties to be invited into sessions.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: March 6, 2015, 05:33:18 pm »
I'm interested, but would like to know more about schedules, etc. My timezone could complicate things for me.

Also, you guys NEED to watch this Carry Wisp IO wrecking pro players: http://youtu.be/5TN_nsLf7n0

He has over 1,000 Wisp games and a 60% win rate with it.  :o :o
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: March 7, 2015, 02:56:38 pm »
I'm interested, but would like to know more about schedules, etc. My timezone could complicate things for me.

Will get something posted up today or tomorrow mate regarding the time etc. I think it's a 6pm uk start time (on April 3rd) but i'll double check

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2015, 08:56:35 pm »
Sorry about the late response, It's April 3rd and kicks off 6pm uk time. Another 4 teams have joined up with a couple more lined up from what i hear, so if you want in, the details of how to get involved are a few posts up.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2015, 11:48:44 pm »
I'm working at that time.  :(

Feed for me, will you?  ;)
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2015, 02:05:05 am »
I'm working at that time.  :(

Feed for me, will you?  ;)

I'm fucking terrible at the game, have an install/uninstall love/hate relationship with it :D

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2015, 02:40:54 am »
Lobbies will be created and parties to be invited into sessions.

As in, it's EU based right. The ping is prohibitive unfortunately unless there are rotating servers (say in a bo3, one game EU, one game USW, one game SEA / PW).

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: March 31, 2015, 01:32:21 am »
First game ever as Lycan, and oh wow, are those ghost wolves combined with the howl abusive or what.

Offline Historical Fool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #171 on: April 2, 2015, 06:14:32 am »
First game ever as Lycan, and oh wow, are those ghost wolves combined with the howl abusive or what.

Add in a necbook 3 and rat them to death - best part is you can probably farm up your vlads / necbk 3 plus get an aegis by around 13 to 15 minutes if you're mechanically good.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #172 on: April 2, 2015, 01:19:05 pm »
Doing the All Hero Challenge. Fucking hell, Void and Tinker are fun. Also played a great match last night supporting PA as Lich. We got our picks wrong and ended up without a mid, so our Nature's Prophet ended up teleporting everywhere, and we won by ratting their top and bottom lanes, and keeping our own towers secure with good map control

Steam name is Hitch. Avatar is a drawing of the Maiden in Black from Demon's Souls :)

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2015, 08:22:33 am »
HUGE patch coming out this week.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: June 4, 2015, 06:13:45 pm »
Anyone tried Heroes of the Storm. Supposedly easier to get into (not a selling point for me, I like Dota 2's complexity). http://eu.battle.net/en/int?r=heroes
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2015, 04:32:22 pm »
Is anyone testing the Reborn Beta?

Client looks pretty slick. Plenty of bugs to iron out, of course.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: June 26, 2015, 07:33:52 pm »
Is anyone testing the Reborn Beta?

Client looks pretty slick. Plenty of bugs to iron out, of course.
Playing Overthrow mod? Looks kinda crazy.

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #177 on: July 1, 2015, 12:44:56 pm »
Bad Pucks are just the worst

2-22, 31 CS for a non-support is shocking

Had fun using Weaver for the first time though, might make him one of my mains.

Does anyone happen to have an unopened Doom bundle from the compendium cache that they'd sell to me or trade?

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: August 7, 2015, 04:45:53 pm »
Anyone watching The International?

They've unveiled a 10 vs 10 game mode at the All Star game last night, inviting people from the audience to mix with the pros.

The new mode comes out next week. Also, custom games will be able to host up to 24 players.  :o

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mjyC-oX3am4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mjyC-oX3am4</a>
« Last Edit: August 7, 2015, 04:48:18 pm by JongWK »

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #179 on: August 9, 2015, 12:20:00 am »
Techies needs to fuck off

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #180 on: August 9, 2015, 01:01:30 am »
Techies needs to fuck off

There's no need to be upset.

Also eg v cdec game 2, e.g could of seriously done with orchid to counter the qop blink and lesh ulti. Would of had to have been off the bat but still worthy as cdec went off the bat on towers.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2015, 01:12:14 am by Mashy-rawr!nooo »
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #181 on: August 9, 2015, 02:26:14 am »
That was the best game of dota ever. So happy e.g exploited the lesh counter and the Chinese slark strat.

Offline Ben J

• Legacy Fan
  • You Win or You Die
« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2015, 12:42:29 am »
Going to catch up on TI5 highlights tomorrow, any must see games?  Going to watch the final (obviously), made up that EG won, been rooting for them since they missed out last year.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2015, 01:06:00 am »
Going to catch up on TI5 highlights tomorrow, any must see games?  Going to watch the final (obviously), made up that EG won, been rooting for them since they missed out last year.

Game 2 and 3 of the finals.
Sonneiko earthshaker in groupstage v c9.(singlehandedly won them that game)
Aui2000 techies v cdec in groupstage (explains why techies was always banned by cdec in the finals. Also techies)
Artour's and secrets luna strat v ig in lower brackets.  (I fully expect to see luna in pubs alot more now because of this)

Secret despite disappointing in the tournament had a good group stage, worth viewing if you want to see them winning
Complexity gaming, Virtus Pro both lesser teams and were never expected to reach that far. complexity had some great aggressive Dota and was great to watch in the group while VP's main carry, Illidan stomrage played a great carry, in particular Lina (versus complexity in main event) and silencer (secret in main event)

I never saw the game, but apparently Vici gaming's Fy had an immense rubick game consisting of many brilliant spell steals against c9 in game 1 of the lower bracket.

Hope this helps.

Offline Ben J

• Legacy Fan
  • You Win or You Die
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2015, 01:14:57 am »
Cheers, just read a good write up on IGN, I'll check those games out!

Offline Jesse Pinkman

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2015, 08:47:01 am »

Check out this $6 million Echoslam! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPqCTmWeqMU
On Sterling:
Were spurs not happy to pay like £7-9m for him? I'd be giving Levy a call tonight to give him an option buy.
He's so over rated its ridiculous. Every time he plays he looks completely out of his depth and has done for about 9 months now.

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #186 on: August 17, 2015, 11:46:02 pm »
Harsh on Aui_2000 to be kicked from EG after winning TI5. Sumail had a free run at his hero pool for the most part with Aui forcing teams into banning Techies.

Haven't played Dota in months, mostly due to playing a lot of Destiny, will be getting back into it.

Found this video recently, I'm the Jakiro. As bad as I am there's always someone worse...

https://youtu.be/B77DqY-O9IQ

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #187 on: August 18, 2015, 04:27:40 pm »
Do you guys feel bad killing someone when they're AFK and just stood in the lane doing nothing?

I kill them, tell their team what happened, and recommend that everyone report the player if it happens again.

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2015, 08:05:41 pm »
Do you guys feel bad killing someone when they're AFK and just stood in the lane doing nothing?

I kill them, tell their team what happened, and recommend that everyone report the player if it happens again.

If I think they have disconnected, I'll pause. If I think they are just afk ie alt tab, its fair game. If they are intentionally feeding I'll report them.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 28, 2015, 04:52:10 pm »
Details of Patch 6.85 are available here.

They've also reorganized the home page to incorporate several new features: neighborhood channels (also embedded directly in the home page), a last game recap panel, and the most watched game currently being played.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: October 7, 2015, 02:04:51 am »
We should do a roll call and list of everyone playing here.

I'll start with myself: Made in Korea. You can add me through Dota itself, ID: 67612732 (just message me afterwards that you are from here!)

EDIT: My Dotabuff
« Last Edit: October 7, 2015, 02:26:09 am by JongWK »

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: October 7, 2015, 02:10:45 am »
We should do a roll call and list of everyone playing here.

I'll start with myself: Made in Korea. You can add me through Dota itself, ID: 67612732 (just message me afterwards that you are from here!)
I'll add my steam username when I get home. Also, would be good to see peoples Dotabuff stats etc, if they have signed up the the site. I know you have MiK... I love that site. New patch, and Dota, doesn't allow you to have a look at all the top heroes you have played anymore. Bernie Sanders...

Dotabuff
« Last Edit: October 7, 2015, 06:22:45 am by Twelfth Man »

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 7, 2015, 03:46:10 pm »
I'll add my steam username when I get home. Also, would be good to see peoples Dotabuff stats etc, if they have signed up the the site. I know you have MiK... I love that site. New patch, and Dota, doesn't allow you to have a look at all the top heroes you have played anymore. Bernie Sanders...

Dotabuff

You play Meepo and have a positive win rate with him? How the hell do you micro that nightmare? I haven't even played him once yet.  :o

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 7, 2015, 09:43:35 pm »
You play Meepo and have a positive win rate with him? How the hell do you micro that nightmare? I haven't even played him once yet.  :o
I played him with you once and got a Rampage!!! To be honest no idea meself...
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1085056917
« Last Edit: October 7, 2015, 09:52:35 pm by Twelfth Man »

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: October 7, 2015, 09:46:13 pm »
Anyone think matchmaking in PUB games has gone to pot since the new Dota 2 look? Feels like they are getting a lot of new players and have been throwing them in. You get players who have no ideas about items or anything. One Ursa just bought health potions all match...

I just started picking Bloodseeker and then they go and fucking nerf the fuck out of him...:(
« Last Edit: October 7, 2015, 09:48:10 pm by Twelfth Man »

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 7, 2015, 11:45:45 pm »
I just started picking Bloodseeker and then they go and fucking nerf the fuck out of him...:(

He's just not OP as fuck as before, but still pretty strong.

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #196 on: October 8, 2015, 04:58:26 am »
Anyone think matchmaking in PUB games has gone to pot since the new Dota 2 look? Feels like they are getting a lot of new players and have been throwing them in. You get players who have no ideas about items or anything. One Ursa just bought health potions all match...

Solo matchmaking is absolutely fucked for me, reminds me of when I started at the lowest rung

People failing to connect at the start all the time
Ragequitters
Disconnectors
Abandoners
Always some knobend who thinks he's better than everyone else and flames the team all game

I fear it may have reset my hidden MMR in the change.

Also, it was nice to lose a match because they changed the way instant-item sharing works, and I used a Salve on myself at full hp instead of my lane partner, getting us both killed and losing the lane.

Offline Historical Fool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #197 on: October 10, 2015, 11:36:05 am »
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/91808484

Haven't played for awhile tho

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 10, 2015, 02:21:23 pm »

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2015, 02:22:22 pm »

Also, it was nice to lose a match because they changed the way instant-item sharing works, and I used a Salve on myself at full hp instead of my lane partner, getting us both killed and losing the lane.

They fixed this in yesterday's big patch.