Author Topic: Nuri Sahin Gone To Dortmund OFFICIAL  (Read 34114 times)

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Nuri Sahin Gone To Dortmund OFFICIAL
« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2013, 06:53:48 pm »
Was sahin a rawk singing seems rawk rated him more than people at the club

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2013, 06:54:39 pm »
Fucking bizarre transfer this has been but best of luck to him.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2013, 06:54:52 pm »

I'm pretty sure most people on RAWK have a better knowledge of football than our owners and Ian Ayre do.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2013, 06:55:27 pm »
*mutters under breath*

Maybe Dortmund is the right enviroment for him. We're not the only club he's failed to make any sort of impression at, no matter how much the fanboys want to scream about his injuries.

Comes across very much as a player you need to build your set up around, and whether he's talented enough to warrant that is up for debate. What shouldn't be up for debate is that there's no way you should compromise a long-term idea to build around a talented but flawed player you only have on loan.

In one. He was crying about playing out of position, but why the fuck would the boss make other players adapt around him when it was never clear he'd be here after the end of May?
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2013, 06:55:50 pm »
So Scott Parker is world class?
Oops, I forgot.  People in England can't judge talent.   ;D

No point in arguing this. Sahin will likely prove the smart people here right in the next 5 years.  ;)

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: January 11, 2013, 06:56:52 pm »
I'm not getting all of the furor over this.  The team that holds his rights (Real Madrid) wanted to sell him to Dortmund.  We simply released him from his loan so his parent company could complete the sale.  I'm sure we were given an opportunity to purchase him and apparently we chose not to meet the asking price.  Don't know if we didnt have the money.  Don't know if we felt he was worth the price. Doesn't really matter. We could have been assholes and refused to release his loan, but he hasn't been indespensible for us, so why do that?

He has shown at other clubs his quality.  For whatever reason, he couldnt produce it here, for us.  Some of that has to do with the fact that we were a team in transition when he got here.  Some of it had to do with adjusting to the physicality of this league.  Some of it had to do with nagging injury issues.

To say he wasn't given a chance is crap though.  He was here for seven months.  The manager had plenty of time to evaluate him in both matches and practice and felt that other players in his position created a better chance for us to win. 

He will be great with Dortmund, and I am sure when he is, many posters will point out that we should have kept him.  But that will ignore the fact that while he was here, he could not replicate that form.  Would more time have made a difference? Possibly, but that is simply speculation.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: January 11, 2013, 06:57:29 pm »
In one. He was crying about playing out of position, but why the fuck would the boss make other players adapt around him when it was never clear he'd be here after the end of May?

Bingo.

We're better of building our midfield around the world class player who'll end his career here ( Gerrard)
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2013, 06:57:51 pm »
I think most people are a bit annoyed because we're another man light in midfield now and are unlikely (guessing) to bring anyone else in to replace him.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: January 11, 2013, 07:00:12 pm »
Shame and we are still more baffling than any other club i've ever seen when it comes to transfers but oh well

Good luck to him, very classy player who will go on to be one of the best in the world in the coming years

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: January 11, 2013, 07:00:18 pm »
Disappointing news this. We need an attacking midfielder in the squad.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #210 on: January 11, 2013, 07:00:41 pm »
World class? Come on now. A talented footballer no doubt, but it didn't work, that is clear, whether he was played out of position or not. Even if he was played out of position, if that was where he was brought in to play, then it makes sense to terminate the loan if he can't do what we thought. We're not going to build out midfield around a loan signing!

Also, he shit out of too many 50-50's for my liking. Minor point, but I don't like to see it.

Hopefully we will bring in a more attack minded midfielder.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2013, 07:01:18 pm »
I think most people are a bit annoyed because we're another man light in midfield now and are unlikely (guessing) to bring anyone else in to replace him.

Honestly think that now Rodgers has had a chance to get a proper look at the players in his squad, Henderson, Gerrard, Lucas etc he's realised we don't really need him.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2013, 07:02:39 pm »

Maybe Suso will be given a shot now that we have Sturridge and Borini to give depth up front.  Personally think Suso would excel in the AM role instead of a wide forward.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2013, 07:03:51 pm »

We have 5 players for 3 positions in the midfield three. If you count Suso, who can play as the attacking midfielder of the 3, we have 6. That's plenty to last the season.

I suspect when Sahin was brought, Rodgers thought he may get rid of Henderson, hence the Dempsey offer.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2013, 07:04:04 pm »

A slight but classy left-footed attacking midfielder?
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2013, 07:08:29 pm »
Would be nice if we had one who had been developed by us these past few years...

I really like Dortmund so I'm happy that he has gone back there. He isnt as good as Alonso but it would be like us getting Alonso back 18 months or so after we sold him. 2nd christmas.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2013, 07:10:29 pm »

just typical of the shower of pricks that ioccupy this type of thread. Liverpool playing United away on Sunday and theyre more arsed about a fella who nobody would have in the team for that game, regardless.

All when good to the fella, didn't work out, might elsewhere. Madrid don't seem to see what the drama queens of RAWK do seen as they are writing off a second year, get the feeling he's going back to Dortmund to try to recapture something, in much the same way as Howard Kendall returned from Madrid coz he had an account with County Road Threshers.

Hope we've got enough to say about Liverpool players come Sunday night, you'll know the result by the number of pages half an hour after the game, 10 pages we've won, 100, we got no points.

Beauts
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Nuri Sahin Gone To Dortmund OFFICIAL
« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2013, 07:11:52 pm »
Regardless of what happened at Madrid or even whether Bundesliga suits his style... world class is world class that's what he once was I potentially will be again. imo.

I hope he is again - but that doesn't mean he would have been a certainty to do so for us, and the evidence we saw (not as much as he woul like) suggests it wasn't a good fit. Good luck to him.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #218 on: January 11, 2013, 07:12:36 pm »

It's his true postion from what I've seen.

That doesn't mean he'll get a game there though. But, I agree that from the options we have available which, imo, our pretty limited in regards to the tip of the three, he is the player most suited to the role.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Union4LFC

• Kemlynite
« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2013, 07:13:23 pm »
Honestly think that now Rodgers has had a chance to get a proper look at the players in his squad, Henderson, Gerrard, Lucas etc he's realised we don't really need him.

This is what I don't get. What has Henderson shown this season that makes him more suitable than Sahin? I mean come on! I made this argument yesterday about Allen. Its amazing to see the critiques lobbed at Sahin, which may or may not be legitimate, but are surely tough to be taken objectively when they are not also applied to Allen, Henderson and hell, even Lucas who has been a little slow coming back from injury (which by the way, is totally understandable - the same way its understandable that it would take a lad more than 7 games to find his rhythm in a side).

As frustrated as I am by these bizarre roster decisions, in truth I imagine that Sahin's exit had to do far more with business than his play on the field. There is a good chance that he was unhappy with the loan and wanted back to Germany ASAP. Dortmund is probably buying him back at far less than he was sold for and that is that. But so many of these harsh criticisms over his play - they just aren't accurate.

Offline Phil_88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 11, 2013, 07:14:29 pm »
imo sahin was signed because br didnt rate hendo (and was gonna sell him if you believe the rumors) now hendo has come into his own, sahin is not needed, thats the way i se it anyway.

btw good luck nuri, classy player

Offline longball

• scrotum like a letter L
  • Kopite
  • Agora é a hora.
« Reply #221 on: January 11, 2013, 07:15:03 pm »
I'm pretty sure most people on RAWK have a better knowledge of football than our owners and Ian Ayre do.

They weren't the ones not picking him to play.

No problem with this, just a pity it hasn't worked out as he'd clearly got he ability. Bit too soft maybe.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: January 11, 2013, 07:17:05 pm »
Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann

Departure of Sahin shows how much different the PL is compared to other European leagues ...He seemed to struggle with the physicality

Fuck off Didi, what do you know about playing at the top end of the Premier League in the middle of midfield, or come to think of it, winning leagues in Germany, compared to the great minds of RAWK, that is?

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #223 on: January 11, 2013, 07:17:31 pm »
Am I one of the only ones that think its great business by us getting rid of a player that was definitely not going to make it here?
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: January 11, 2013, 07:18:14 pm »
This is what I don't get. What has Henderson shown this season that makes him more suitable than Sahin? I mean come on! I made this argument yesterday about Allen. Its amazing to see the critiques lobbed at Sahin, which may or may not be legitimate, but are surely tough to be taken objectively when they are not also applied to Allen, Henderson and hell, even Lucas who has been a little slow coming back from injury (which by the way, is totally understandable - the same way its understandable that it would take a lad more than 7 games to find his rhythm in a side).

As frustrated as I am by these bizarre roster decisions, in truth I imagine that Sahin's exit had to do far more with business than his play on the field. There is a good chance that he was unhappy with the loan and wanted back to Germany ASAP. Dortmund is probably buying him back at far less than he was sold for and that is that. But so many of these harsh criticisms over his play - they just aren't accurate.

I know you've only made a few posts so you can be slightly forgiven, but if you say "roster decisions" one more fucking time when you're talking about Liverpool, I will hunt you down and set fire to your Y fronts while you're wearing them.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 11, 2013, 07:18:36 pm »
Am I one of the only ones that think its great business by us getting rid of a player that was definitely not going to make it here?

You can't say that on here, the club did something that makes sense? Get a fucken grip

Offline Phil_88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2013, 07:19:16 pm »
I know you've only made a few posts so you can be slightly forgiven, but if you say "roster decisions" one more fucking time when you're talking about Liverpool, I will hunt you down and set fire to your Y fronts while you're wearing them.

:) haha

Offline DerKaiser

• It's German for "TheCheesyRanter". Likes young boys.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2013, 07:19:32 pm »
Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann

Departure of Sahin shows how much different the PL is compared to other European leagues ...He seemed to struggle with the physicality

Fuck off Didi, what do you know about playing at the top end of the Premier League in the middle of midfield, or come to think of it, winning leagues in Germany, compared to the great minds of RAWK, that is?

What's your point? Saying he struggled with the physicality is a valid point expressed by the 'great minds of RAWK'.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2013, 07:21:12 pm »
'didnt work for him here'
Ye hes won two league titles with 2 different clubs and somehow he didnt succeed at liverpool? I dont think he got given anywhere near enough of a chance compared to some of the players weve had playing week in-week out who've been more inconsistent.

Are you including the league title at Madrid?

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2013, 07:21:23 pm »
What's your point? Saying he struggled with the physicality is a valid point expressed by the 'great minds of RAWK'.

Point is this place is full of pricks that talk total shite and wouldnt dream of turning up on Sunday to support the team they will writea million words of shite about.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #230 on: January 11, 2013, 07:21:25 pm »

Does us a favour Macca let me give him a wedgie first

Offline eLToRo

• Legacy Fan
  • Living the dream
« Reply #231 on: January 11, 2013, 07:22:44 pm »

He's joking.Most people on here agree that he struggled but then the 'great minds' are saying "how can we let him go?" As if it's rodgers fault or something.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 11, 2013, 07:23:59 pm »

No, glad this farce has ended while we can save some wedge. Too many excuses made for him because he never got to play in this apparent mythical position of his in midfield. Pretty much in agreement with Didi. Mentally and physical too soft and as we know if you haven't got the mentality or stomach for the fight then all the talent in the world means nothing.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:27:38 pm by Bunter »

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2013, 07:24:22 pm »
He's joking.Most people on here agree that he struggled but then the 'great minds' are saying "how can we let him go?" As if it's rodgers fault or something.

There's no 'as if' about it. They think the game is played on a playstation.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2013, 07:26:39 pm »

Ok, so Sahin isn't quick, physically strong or defensively minded - but we're told, is a classy passer of the ball and presumably, being world class, a better passer of the ball than the likes of Henderson, at least. Yet in a team which if it is based on one thing is it ability to keep possession, the only midfielder to give the ball away more frequently than Sahin is Shelvey. And that includes the wide forwards. We've not ended his loan deal because be was unhappy, we ended it because he didn't offer anything worth the cost.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: January 11, 2013, 07:27:14 pm »
Shame to see him go but he never seemed settled (the game against WBA aside).

It does feel like Rodgers has thrown down the gauntlet to others and they've played well enough (like Henderson).  If that's the case then why play huge wages for a bench warmer.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: January 11, 2013, 07:27:57 pm »
Are you including the league title at Madrid?

It appears so.

Offline DerKaiser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: January 11, 2013, 07:28:06 pm »
Ok, so Sahin isn't quick, physically strong or defensively minded - but we're told, is a classy passer of the ball and presumably, being world class, a better passer of the ball than the likes of Henderson, at least. Yet in a team which if it is based on one thing is it ability to keep possession, the only midfielder to give the ball away more frequently than Sahin is Shelvey. And that includes the wide forwards. We've not ended his loan deal because be was unhappy, we ended it because he didn't offer anything worth the cost.

Where are the stats for that?

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 11, 2013, 07:29:30 pm »
Where are the stats for that?

Stats? fuckin hilarious this gaff

Offline DerKaiser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: January 11, 2013, 07:30:34 pm »
Stats? fuckin hilarious this gaff

Yea. You've got a problem?  ::)