Author Topic: Nuri Sahin Gone To Dortmund OFFICIAL  (Read 34113 times)

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Nuri Sahin Gone To Dortmund OFFICIAL
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2013, 06:25:15 pm »
meh

Offline psycllone

• Main Stander
  • Neo, its about time you free your mind.
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2013, 06:25:19 pm »
Gutted he's gone already. Din't really get the opportunity he deserved and din't really play in the position he liked. Looks like the club is in cost cutting mode and they din't want to take a risk on a high salary bench warmer. But his departure doesn't really leave a hole in the team unless gerrard and shelvey get injured at the same time. Good luck nuri.  :wave
Your intelligence is my common sense.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2013, 06:25:20 pm »
A class player but I always disliked the idea of giving too much game time to a one season loan signing with no option to purchase at a pre agreed fee at the end of the season.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2013, 06:26:06 pm »
Not agreeing or disagreeing, but neither has Suarez.

Thats true but he's got 5 great years behind him in 2 different countries and carried his country to international honours so it's a bit easier to tell.

Offline DerKaiser

• It's German for "TheCheesyRanter". Likes young boys.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2013, 06:26:13 pm »
No he wasn't. Why do people like you throw that tag around so easily? He hasn't even done anything in the CL yet.

In my opinion, and many others, he was. Being the best player in the Bundesliga is surely world class, isn't it?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2013, 06:26:47 pm »
Don't you know Alan, footballers are practically slaves, they are paid a tens of thousands of pounds each week, a signing on fee, to do two hours of training, a few times a week, then they might have to run about for 90 minutes on a weekend.  Mistreatment is presumably making them sit on the bench, playing them out of their favourite position.  So so cruel.

That poor little Michael Owen must be owed millions by Man United for his horrible mistreatment...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2013, 06:27:08 pm »
Sahin was probably the most technically gifted player on the squad outside of Suarez (and MAYBE Sterling). Its a real shame he never had a true opportunity to show what he could do. Yeah, Yeah. Most will disagree. I look forward to enjoying more of Allen/Henderson's terrible forward passing.

Why do so few think of Gerrard when speaking of technical ability in our squad? Is it not technique to play a 50-yard ball right into Suarez's path or strike a ball so purely that it beats the goalkeeper from 35 yards out? He's easily one of the most technically gifted players in the squad and, other than Suarez, I'm not sure who's even close. To say that Sahin or Sterling is more technically gifted just makes me wonder what people have been watching for the past 15 years cause it certainly hasn't been Liverpool Football Club.
Justice For The 96

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2013, 06:28:01 pm »
Not agreeing or disagreeing, but neither has Suarez.

That's not true mate, Luis got two goals and three assists in the CL with Ajax the season he signed for us in seven games, even though they were smashed by Madrid and drawn with AC Milan.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2013, 06:28:03 pm »
Another one off the wage bill then!

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2013, 06:28:24 pm »
In my opinion, and many others, he was. Being the best player in the Bundesliga is surely world class, isn't it?

Not really no. Scott Parker got a player of the year award here.

Offline beefdog

• Kopite
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2013, 06:29:44 pm »
Seems like a good chance missed, whether that's down to him or us we will probably never know. Strange.  :butt

Or maybe it was the fact that we never planned to sign him permanently for the pre agreed fee. So he was just another body for the squad, that Brendan decided we no longer needed?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:32:04 pm by beefdog »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2013, 06:30:19 pm »
Hmmm... world class but  couldn't stand out in a mid-table Liverpool side because he didn't like the position he was played in. Some people need a new definition of world class.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2013, 06:30:45 pm »
Am I missing something or did I miss his world class performances for us? Shame it didn't work out for him, but he obviously wasn't cutting it so was moved on, where's the confusion and disappointment stemming from?

Offline Channo

• Main Stander
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2013, 06:31:36 pm »
Regardless of whether he's going to be a superstar in the future or not, what it does do is mean we are one less experienced pro in the 'group'. Our squad is pretty thin as it is, so hopefully Nuri going frees up some money for someone else to come in.

Thankfully midfield is an area we are pretty well stocked.

Offline Kennys Army

• Kemlynite
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2013, 06:31:41 pm »
Should have been given at least 1 game next to Lucas to see but for me he had enough chances in the Alonso position and apart from the goals he never really stood out did he
Some players just don't perform as well in different leagues its happened before and it will happen again , makes a fucking change that were sorting out these mistakes from the off instead of keeping them when their not even playing like we have done in the past

Think you're right to be honest. Much better that we spend £5m to loan a guy and keep him for half a season rather than the full season.

Offline DerKaiser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2013, 06:32:11 pm »
Hmmm... world class but  couldn't stand out in a mid-table Liverpool side because he didn't like the position he was played in. Some people need a new definition of world class.

Whatever. I saw him play for Dortmund and he was unbelievable. I don't care, he's world class for me.

Offline csgreen

• Going through RAWK like a dose of Verucca Salts
  • Anny Roader
  • Chairman Mao has never seen a greater show of red.
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2013, 06:35:59 pm »
This lad has quality. Not sure why it didn't go better tbf. Our scouts have done much much worse than this.

Indeed, it's why I was careful to use "didn't work out" rather than "wasn't good enough."  I'm personally in the "what the hell is going on?" camp for the question of why exactly it didn't work out... 

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2013, 06:37:10 pm »
Bundesliga Player of the Year = the best player in one of the 3 top leagues in the world = world class.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2013, 06:38:02 pm »
Bundesliga Player of the Year = the best player in one of the 3 top leagues in the world = world class.

1 season does not = world class.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2013, 06:38:40 pm »

So Scott Parker is world class?

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2013, 06:39:09 pm »
Juve with Rush,  United with Veron, Chelsea with Shevchenko, Arsenal with Reyes, Everton with Glen Keeley

Naughty, but very funny.  ;D
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline DerKaiser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2013, 06:40:19 pm »
So Scott Parker is world class?

Having actually saw Sahin previously play would help you be able to judge if he was world class or not.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2013, 06:41:11 pm »
Having actually saw Sahin previously play would help you be able to judge if he was world class or not.

Yep and while a talented player it's quite clear he's not world class or anywhere near it.

Offline DerKaiser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2013, 06:42:50 pm »
Yep and while a talented player it's quite clear he's not world class or anywhere near it.

Admit it. You didn't see him at Dortmund.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2013, 06:43:06 pm »

We have a unique tendency of switching off our 'talent recognition' senses as soon as we see fit. Liverpool fans are special that way.

It's very unfair of you and every one expecting him to have made an instant impact on such a short timeline. He was world class less than 2 years back. And no amount of 'did you really watch him' condescension can make me think otherwise.

Anyway, as I said, this is wage bill driven, probably making way for another signing. Happens at every club strapped for cash. Just hope that the other one makes the instant impact you all expected Nuri to make.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2013, 06:43:18 pm »
Whatever. I saw him play for Dortmund and he was unbelievable. I don't care, he's world class for me.

I'm going to need a definition on 'unbelievable' because from what I saw of him at Dortmund, he was just a very good deep lying playmaker who'd chip in with a few goals now and then.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2013, 06:43:59 pm »
Juve with Rush,  United with Veron, Chelsea with Shevchenko, Arsenal with Reyes, Everton with Glen Keeley

:lmao   Don't know how everyone missed this fucking gem. Just nearly pissed myself.

As far as I see it he was a very good player for Dortmund, not so hot at Madrid, tepid at best for us, and probably he'll go full circle to be great at Dortmund again. As much as I liked him when he first played for Dortmund and thought he'd be good for us, he wasn't so i was wrong. I say this with the utmost respect, but if anyone wants to use this as an excuse to have a go at the boss or the club, they need to have a fucking harsh word with themselves sharpish. There's a game on Sunday that's really important, not some fucker who didn't quite cut it.

Anyway at least we got to see his "Phantom of the Opera with his head dipped in a fucking pan of chips" before he left.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline TheYashLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2013, 06:44:10 pm »
Seems rather strange this. We could have kept him on as backup for the rest of the season but we did everything to get him off our wage bill. In addition to Cole, does that mean we are opening our wages for a big player? I believe we won't get an Eriksen type player (number 10) this window but here's hoping...

Online Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2013, 06:44:42 pm »
As long as we saved the couple of million for the rest of the season and use it to clinch a signing just out of our reach it will be worth it...although the last couple of years at Liverpool defies this logic  :P.

Won't be a huge loss playing wise, his best games were against Norwich and West Brom's reserves really whilst he looked non-existent in the league at times. Best to forget about it and hope Allen and Shelvey progress as we hope.

Offline TheBazz

• tardzz keepz deleting my poztzzzzzz! Blazzphemy! Blazzpheryou! Blazzphereverybody on the forumzzzzzz!
  • Kopite
  • It's the Bazz!
« Reply #189 on: January 11, 2013, 06:44:51 pm »
'didnt work for him here'
Ye hes won two league titles with 2 different clubs and somehow he didnt succeed at liverpool? I dont think he got given anywhere near enough of a chance compared to some of the players weve had playing week in-week out who've been more inconsistent.
@KevinHenshaw1 (not the professional wakeboarder).

Offline DerKaiser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: January 11, 2013, 06:45:54 pm »
I'm going to need a definition on 'unbelievable' because from what I saw of him at Dortmund, he was just a very good deep lying playmaker who'd chip in with a few goals now and then.

Nah. I'd say he was more than that. What seperated him was he could do his thing against any team. From Koln to Bayern he would dominated their midfielders.

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: January 11, 2013, 06:46:43 pm »
Liked the thought of him, but can't say I'm going to miss him.

Hope he does great back in Germany. Sent to Liverpool to get coached, maybe he isn't that intelligent?

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #192 on: January 11, 2013, 06:50:01 pm »
Good move

To free up the wages

Ince maybe ?

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: January 11, 2013, 06:50:33 pm »
weird one, guy clearly has talent and brendan didnt want to utilise that. he is the manager and thats his choice ofc. good luck to tha lad wherever he plays.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2013, 06:50:44 pm »
That poor little Michael Owen must be owed millions by Man United for his horrible mistreatment...

The poor sod even had to pay for a champions league ticket. Beyond the pale.

Offline Nikjon

• Anny Roader
  • Lori Meyers
Sv: Re: Nuri Sahin Gone To Dortmund OFFICIAL
« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2013, 06:51:01 pm »
Sahin was probably the most technically gifted player on the squad outside of Suarez (and MAYBE Sterling). Its a real shame he never had a true opportunity to show what he could do. Yeah, Yeah. Most will disagree. I look forward to enjoying more of Allen/Henderson's terrible forward passing.

Suso > Sterling to be honest.
Hey. Onwards forward.
Pay! — Then I’ll sleep by your side
@NixxiSikk - Twitter
@nikkj8 - PSN

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #196 on: January 11, 2013, 06:52:18 pm »
Am I missing something or did I miss his world class performances for us? Shame it didn't work out for him, but he obviously wasn't cutting it so was moved on, where's the confusion and disappointment stemming from?

It`s the Rawk way

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #197 on: January 11, 2013, 06:52:22 pm »
*mutters under breath*

Maybe Dortmund is the right enviroment for him. We're not the only club he's failed to make any sort of impression at, no matter how much the fanboys want to scream about his injuries.

Comes across very much as a player you need to build your set up around, and whether he's talented enough to warrant that is up for debate. What shouldn't be up for debate is that there's no way you should compromise a long-term idea to build around a talented but flawed player you only have on loan.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #198 on: January 11, 2013, 06:52:24 pm »
Seems rather strange this. We could have kept him on as backup for the rest of the season but we did everything to get him off our wage bill. In addition to Cole, does that mean we are opening our wages for a big player? I believe we won't get an Eriksen type player (number 10) this window but here's hoping...

Allen
Gerrard
Lucas
Shelvs
Henderson
Coady

Plenty of options

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Nuri Sahin Gone To Dortmund OFFICIAL
« Reply #199 on: January 11, 2013, 06:53:46 pm »
Think you're right to be honest. Much better that we spend £5m to loan a guy and keep him for half a season rather than the full season.
im sure Dortmund taking him for the second half of our loan agreement means we won't pay 5 million
And if we get another midfielder in or better let Henderson, Gerrard ,Allen and Lucas cover the 2 midfield spots like they fucking have been anyway then yeah it is better for him to leave