Author Topic: What's really going on? Selling, 'rebuilding the squad', what?  (Read 241787 times)

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What's really going on? Selling, 'rebuilding the squad', what?
« Reply #1080 on: August 31, 2012, 11:45:38 pm »
Meanwhile we actually have less strength up front than last season (an area which should have been our number 1 priority) and Spurs have signed Vertonghen, Adebayor, Dempsey, Lloris, Sigurdsson and Moutinho. We are definitely going to beat them this season!  ::)

Spurs didnt sign moutinho?

Offline beefdog

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1081 on: August 31, 2012, 11:45:41 pm »
We really need to look after Suarez.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #1082 on: August 31, 2012, 11:45:44 pm »
How fucking dare you. You should get fucking banned for that.

Do you even have a fucking clue what Kenny did for this club, for this city?!

Maybe he fucked up in the transfer market, but that statement is a fucking disgrace.

**** In response to the comment made earlier about Kenny being just as bad as Hicks and Gillett

Agree with Circa 1892 (just without the fucking adjectives) 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:48:32 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #1083 on: August 31, 2012, 11:45:50 pm »
I have never liked FSG.

I never liked tomatoes
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline AnfieldRD19

• Not worried at all about his manbuddy.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1084 on: August 31, 2012, 11:45:52 pm »
I just fucking hope we can keep our top players if we have another year like this past season

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: August 31, 2012, 11:45:53 pm »
Yes. Kenny fucked up. But the FACT that FSG are not making the type of investment that is required to get top 4 is a completely different issue. And frankly one we will pay for until they offload the club.

Arsenal, Tottenham and Newcastle have all spent much less than us and are all closer to contending to top 4 than we are. It's no longer about spending money. It's about spending wisely which we haven't done for years.

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:06 pm »
So are FSG in trouble financially?

No, its just that both their sports teams have/had a lot of players that were doing very little on the pitch. In both cases they have tried to remove high earning players who are not productive in order to reward contracts to players who have been useful to the team.

Offline rappcats

• Kopite
  • *random formation graph*
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #1087 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:08 pm »

Offline lostpet.

• rewardoffered.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert text here: No Jokes Allowed
« Reply #1088 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:09 pm »
yup, I'm sure Ayre would have insisted on it. He'd have thought of every eventuality, he's quite thorough like that.

Your sarcasm is noted, thank you!

I'm not a rose-tinted blind follower, i acknowledge it will be tough, but i AM an optimist

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:12 pm »
The reaction of Brendan Rodgers will be very interesting, and will tell us a lot about him. I hope he doesn't just turn out to be a yes man. He's talked a good game so far, but if he is happy to allow transfer dealings like that then I will be worried.

I think the man will stand up and be counted. If reports are to be believed, he is furious, and I don't blame him. Whoever is responsible for not doing the deals he believed were being done after he gave his consent to let Carroll leave, has made him look a fool, or whatever the word he used was.

I still think we should be able to muddle through the first half of the season with what we've got, with some experimentation and hard work. Mainly I think the talent of the manager and the first team will pull us through. But I doubt Brendan is gonna forgive FSG and Ayre in a hurry.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:19 pm »
Ayre has been good this window but not having multiple targets is just horrendous.

'Sturridge?'
'no'

'Dempsey'
'no'

'right I'm off home'

can't believe he went home 2 hours early
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1091 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:28 pm »
Probably the most sense anyone has said on here. Its about time people take off their rose tinted specs and come to terms that the transfer business we did last season was fucking diabolical. I'm still fuming about that now. For 75m we should have rebuilt the squad, challenging for top 4 and consolidating on that this season.

But the fuck ups caused by Kenny and Commolli have put us in a worse scenario then we were last year. The fact that Rodgers has tried to/has moved on the majority of last seasons signings and the potential loss we have made on those players speaks volumes about the abject failure of those transfers.
Everyone's moaning about our lack of willingness to spend this window, but you can't blame FSG after they had their fingers so badly burned.

Seriously can the shite be fucked off.

Comparing Kenny to H&G is not on, shouldn't be anywhere near the lips/keyboards of our supporters.

Honestly make me actually angry that someone could claim to support this club and actually say that or agree with it.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1092 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:29 pm »
I think Ayres just signed his resignation letter.

Fails to control Commolli and Kenny spending and wasting silly money (ok, maybe that was comollis job to control).

But to end of with no centre forward is his fault.... If we were that short he should have pursued other options earlier...

You think the owners wanted to spend the cash but Ayres steadfastly refused?!

I very much doubt it. Ayres has reduced the wagebill whilst bringing in a few players to keep the stadium filled. He has done his job as far as FSG are concerned.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1093 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:29 pm »
Haven't seen a single person blame it on rodgers

Nor should it seems he was as let down as us, difference is they have made him look a little stupid as well, nice one Ian
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:30 pm »
We were rushed into signing Carroll

I would have said yes Torres gone for 50m

FFS sign Suarez but keep the rest!!!!

Then use that 35m in the summer to sign

A Falcao
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:34 pm »
Look.  It's easy to get lost in the sky super duper transfer deadline day bollox.  Fact is that we have signed a number of good players for key positions and also cleared our lines.  People forget that at the point when rodgers took over we had a squad with little depth but high wages.  To rebuild you need to clear the wage bill and take it in steps.

Tottenham have signed a number of decent players today, but they have also lost van da vaart and modric.  Have they got stronger, weaker or stayed the same?  I guess time will tell.  They look to have lost Moutinho, which would explain the late Dempsey move.  That smacks of desperation.

Newcastle haven't really strengthened massively.  They've held onto that fine squad from last year, but can they repeat the success?

Arsenal have gone backwards.  They've sold more of their key players and the replacements are unknown quantities.

Chelsea and Man City have strengthened massively, but then we were never going to compete financially with them.

Man U have only made one big move and that was for Van persie.  Could be an amazing signing, or he could get injured tomorrow.

I look at our central mid options now with Sahin and Allen, adding to Lucas, Gerrard, Shelvey and Henderson and I think we have improved massively on Adam, Aquilani and Spearing.

Our attacking options which now truly include Sterling, Assaidi, Yesil and Borini adding to Downing, Suarez and Cole is decent business.  It's not perfect, and the loss of Carroll is a major gamble, but it's not the "sky is falling" situation many are claiming.

On the whole I think we've had a very good transfer window.  A poor final couple of days, but we shouldn't be judged on that.

Offline liverpoolfan1

• Kopite
« Reply #1096 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:40 pm »
There really are some absolute moronic, sensationalist, part time supporters on here of late, just using LFC as some kind of sounding board.

Judging from some of the seriously childish overreacting, I can now see why certain forums limit new registrations.

Go and play Football Manager, learn English on Skype or whatever else gives you some kind of outlet.

You'll never walk alone?

Fat chance with some of these idiots.
`
And there are some seriously deluded supporters on the other end who think that everything is fine and dandy and we are going to walk our way to a CL spot.  Sorry I didn't know that You'll never walk alone meant that we are barred from questioning the owners.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Bill Shankly

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #1097 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:41 pm »
You could argue that Kenny Dalglish and Damien Comolli did as much damage to Liverpool as Gillett and Hicks.

Absolutely fucking shocking.

Carroll, Downing, Henderson - £75m.  Fucking criminal.

Everyone's moaning about our lack of willingness to spend this window, but you can't blame FSG after they had their fingers so badly burned.

YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FOR LIFE FOR THAT ALONE
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline maqu006

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK's literary theorist
« Reply #1098 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:42 pm »
Judging from our spending and as has been suggested before, the owners gave Rodgers and Ayre somewhere between 20-30m to work with, and they needed to work within that. Nothing wrong with that. It's up to BR and IA to make the most of that money. Ayre blew the Dempsey negotiation, leaving it SO late, and counting on their desperation to sell at a low price. Well they weren't that desperate, and he left himself with no time to fix it.

BS. our net spend this window wad less than 10m.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #1099 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:54 pm »
Worst comment I've seen all night, and that's saying something when there's been tonnes of shockers.
Spot on mate. I really do wish people would take a deep breath and a step back before engaging their brains. The personal sacrifices the king made for the club and city will never be forgotten.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46:57 pm »
I think Rodgers was pretty clear behind closed doors on the future of Carroll, Adam and Spearing at this club.

Looking for good deals in order to raise money for bringing in two attacking players to give Rodgers what he wanted should have been possible without doubt.

But it couldn´t be handled worse and considering that our top signings were all Rodgers connections, Sahin, Borini, Allen, you wonder if Ayre could have done any worse.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #1101 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:00 pm »
What we really need as a club is a Daniel Levy type person to replace ian Ayre. He is starting to make Dave Whelan look credible.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1102 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:21 pm »
"There is absolutely no chance [of a loan deal]" Rodgers said
"We have got a very small squad as it is. We have lost a lot of players this summer and I have not replaced them, as of yet. That is the reality of where we are.
"I need a minimum of three strikers. Once the window shuts, that is it until January. I have got (Luis) Suarez, Fabio Borini, and Andy Carroll.

:( So confused. I honestly would have been happy with that above, even without Dempsey. Now we just look silly. Rodgers must be fuming.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #1103 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:27 pm »
Even Ian Dowie baffled on sky.  Saying 'we all know LFC have a fair bit of catching up to do.  They've got a new young and ambitious manager in.  I'm just baffled that they've got no-one in and let Carroll go'.

He makes a point to be fair.
Nah, most of the moaning on here is being driven by Sky's so-called experts saying how stunned they were Liverpool didn't spend silly money on whoever... did you see the doss c*nts they had in? Dowie, a failed manager whoring himself on TV, golluming on about Liverpool not just throwing milllions on whoever, like it was PES 2012 or some such.

The worst though was the Redknapp wannabe with the slick backed hair "Spahs as big a team as Liverpool (despite winning fuck all and having 2/3s their revenue)... £6m for Dempsah, no Brainnnahh (he would know what a no-brainer is alright).... need to spend like Chelsah" deluded fucking clowns, can't use them as a point of reference. they are completely removed from (financial) reality.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #1104 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:32 pm »
First of all, I would like to ask all the fellow LFC supporters to calm down. 

I really can't believe I read this

Offline placidcasual

• Main Stander
  • No you won't fool the children of the Rafalution
« Reply #1105 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:42 pm »
The club is still clearly dysfunctional. How on earth can a club sign a striker for £35million and let him go for £1.5 million for a year's loan without signing a replacement? Ian Ayre has to go. 1 0f 2 things has happened - there is a breakdown in communication between the board and the manager or the manager has been lied to.

Offline jonjosuso

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #1106 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:43 pm »
In theory Suarez shouldn't be risked in any cup apart from the league now
FSG please eBay Linda's black gloves and we can buy Kuyt back.

Offline DaveyLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #1107 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:46 pm »
Look.  It's easy to get lost in the sky super duper transfer deadline day bollox.  Fact is that we have signed a number of good players for key positions and also cleared our lines.  People forget that at the point when rodgers took over we had a squad with little depth but high wages.  To rebuild you need to clear the wage bill and take it in steps.

Tottenham have signed a number of decent players today, but they have also lost van da vaart and modric.  Have they got stronger, weaker or stayed the same?  I guess time will tell.  They look to have lost Moutinho, which would explain the late Dempsey move.  That smacks of desperation.

Newcastle haven't really strengthened massively.  They've held onto that fine squad from last year, but can they repeat the success?

Arsenal have gone backwards.  They've sold more of their key players and the replacements are unknown quantities.

Chelsea and Man City have strengthened massively, but then we were never going to compete financially with them.

Man U have only made one big move and that was for Van persie.  Could be an amazing signing, or he could get injured tomorrow.

I look at our central mid options now with Sahin and Allen, adding to Lucas, Gerrard, Shelvey and Henderson and I think we have improved massively on Adam, Aquilani and Spearing.

Our attacking options which now truly include Sterling, Assaidi, Yesil and Borini adding to Downing, Suarez and Cole is decent business.  It's not perfect, and the loss of Carroll is a major gamble, but it's not the "sky is falling" situation many are claiming.

On the whole I think we've had a very good transfer window.  A poor final couple of days, but we shouldn't be judged on that.

This- great post

Although bit worried we will be lacking upfront
Form is temporary, Class is for life... Liverpool FC - All others forever in our shadow

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:47 pm »
The thing is, this sort of thing works great in baseball.  If you think you're contending with a shout of winning it all, you splash the cash.  During the middle of the baseball season, contending teams trade for big names on teams that have been underperforming.  If you think you're going to win, sign the big names.   If you've got no chance of winning, get rid of the highly-paid players and develop your youth.  Why pay someone superstar wages when the end result is the same as paying a 20-year old pennies?

They did this with Kenny in 2011.  He had led us to 6th after the Hodgson debacle, within a whisker of getting 5th.  The Champions League looked attainable, so FSG authorized the massive spending.

A year later, we don't look like getting into the CL, never mind the league title.  Thus, FSG have gone with the baseball strategy of a salary dump.  If we aren't going anywhere this season, might as well shift wages and play young players.  If the young players develop well and we hang on to our core, maybe we'll sign big names two summers on for a CL/title push.  No sign of contending = play the youth

Sounds great in baseball.

Sounds shit in English football.

Rebuilding isn't going to work in the English "Moneybags" Premier League.  Reputation matters and if we don't show ambition and we are in "rebuilding" mode, then we can forget about hanging on to our top players.  And in baseball, the worse you do, the better young players you can get in a draft.  It doesn't work like that in footy.

The difference between top and bottom in baseball isn't all that much.  The same can't be said for football.  It's too top heavy.  You only fall further behind.  There's no cycle of rebuilding and contending like there is in baseball.  Man City, Man United, Chelsea will always spend big in hopes of contending.  The more we try to rebuild, the further we fall behind.

FSG have not covered themselves in glory here.
Interesting post, cheers, didn't know that about baseball. Makes sense. Won't work in football, you fall behind, you stay behind, at least for the next decade or so. And there's relegation and the real risk of joining the Leeds and Forests.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1109 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:48 pm »
Well I think its pretty fucking clear now. FSG have given us a mid table budget and we are going to be a mid table side unless Brendan can do something pretty special.

all this we can compete in the transfer market for anyone was utter bollocks. They wouldn't stump up £6M for Dempsey, a player BR really wanted.

I hope everyone here can now see this: FSG are here for profits, not trophies. They would rather have a fat profit and no trophies than a small profit and loads of trophies. They've given us a budget which should allow us to finish top 8 and if we play extremely well and get lucky with injuries perhaps challenge for top four. Make no mistake 4th place with this squad would be a marvellous achievement. Suarez gets injured and Borini doesn't fit in quickly and we're in for a very long season.

Mid table teams don't sign guys like Skrtel & Suarez on lucrative long term deals and get Nurin Sahin on loan.

I think you'll find despite the needed cull of the crap, our wage bill is still in the top 6 in the league.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1110 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:48 pm »
Watch out for those users who've signed up today...

I smell Mancs and Blues...
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:49 pm »
Ah we differ in our opinion a bit mate, Kenny should have been given time to correct his failings. Downing is a year older, Henderson is not entering this season a much better player and there was always ambivalence about Carroll. FSG are probably still trying to fathom the madness that is football, but it doesn't make them any worse than other PL owners (until proved otherwise) and I'm confident they'll back Rodgers big time when necessary.

Some would reasonably argue that time was now, you know, he's only arrived, we finished 8th, we all want success.  New start and all that.  Ride the wave of whatever optimism there is, misguided as it may be.  So when is this magical 'necassary time' likely to materialise.  Obviously it isn't now.

They won't back him if you're being honest.  They've no intentions of backing anyone.  They've geared up for a profitable sale.

Offline JoySki

• Main Stander
  • Spion Kop
« Reply #1112 on: August 31, 2012, 11:48:01 pm »
Personally I'm very happy with that window, With all the comings and going people forget those that stayed, skrtel signed and new contract and agger stayed to remain the soul of our defence, our back 5 is as solid as ever.

our ageing midfield shed ed those that could no longer give what they once could, in comes Allen and sahin young fresh players with the ability to play the way Brenden wants and the way we all want to see.

the only disappointment can be Andy wasn't given the chance, the chance i feel he deserved after the back end of last season , but out goes one in comes borini..

on wards and upwards. ynwa.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1113 on: August 31, 2012, 11:48:18 pm »
People getting all worked up should realise we have one of the strongest midfields in Europe now plus a mobile and exciting front three

Yeah sure we don't have much cover for Suarez but all he other positions are more or less covered.

We only need to get through 3 months and we can sign someon in the winter window. We also have the free transfer market available and you never know there may be a gem or two in that market

All Said and done, we've got a team that can challenge for top 4 but will need reinforcements in the winter when the FA cup and latter stages of the uefa cup come round along with cinch league games.

I'm upset we missed out on deuce Dempsey but I realise we are as strong if not stronger than the other top 4 contenders. Plus we have the winter transfer window to give us a boost

PS us not signing anybdoy on the last day of the summer transfer window may be a blessing in disguise as we have already signed a few players already. Signing too many I one window impacts on team cohesion.

Last year the issue was goals, there are far less goals in this team now than there were last year.  I don't rate Carroll but for the manager to end up with none else is unforgivable.  I'll be amazed if he' s in the job next season.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1114 on: August 31, 2012, 11:48:31 pm »
I think Ayres just signed his resignation letter.

Fails to control Commolli and Kenny spending and wasting silly money (ok, maybe that was comollis job to control).

But to end of with no centre forward is his fault.... If we were that short he should have pursued other options earlier...

If they, FSG, have any sense they will make someone pay for the lack of movement tonight, just to appease the fans more than anything.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1115 on: August 31, 2012, 11:48:32 pm »
"There is absolutely no chance [of a loan deal]" Rodgers said
"We have got a very small squad as it is. We have lost a lot of players this summer and I have not replaced them, as of yet. That is the reality of where we are.
"I need a minimum of three strikers. Once the window shuts, that is it until January. I have got (Luis) Suarez, Fabio Borini, and Andy Carroll.

:( So confused. I honestly would have been happy with that above, even without Dempsey. Now we just look silly. Rodgers must be fuming.

Ayre is in for a beating
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #1116 on: August 31, 2012, 11:48:37 pm »
its very simple we are back to where we were post 2005, full circle start again

Offline Morning Glory

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1117 on: August 31, 2012, 11:48:39 pm »
Anything uttered from the mouths of Werner and Henry going forward should be taken with a huge pinch of salt. I assume Jen Chang will do his usual trawling tonight of forums and feedback to his bosses that they have monumentally fucked up tonight and that the natives are extremely restless and need some answers, not the usual PR shite that is served up.

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1118 on: August 31, 2012, 11:48:43 pm »
Were has the Standard chartered and Warrior kit money went to?, if we have a net spend of £16.1m.
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1119 on: August 31, 2012, 11:48:43 pm »
Think you need to separate the team and the owners. The team is there to win. I support them absolutely. The owners are here for a profit. I couldn't care less about their profit. They seem to have calculated that they can make money with us as a mid table side.

Rubbish, absolute rubbish!

The outlay of money in 2011 was down to a clear ambition to get top 4 not 8th. It didn't work out but that was due to terrible signings by the management. Carroll, Suarez, Hendo, Downing, Adam and Enrique cost a bomb and only 1 has been a resoundingly good buy. Coming 8th was not on the agenda when FSG bought these guys.

Can people please move away from the lazy narrative that the owners are here to see us fail? That is palpable tosh. They may not be pleasing you all but their intent is to build the club not destroy it.