Author Topic: What's really going on? Selling, 'rebuilding the squad', what?  (Read 242192 times)

Offline El Torres gol

• Anny Roader
  • Rest In Peace The 96 YNWA
Re: What's really going on? Selling, 'rebuilding the squad', what?
« Reply #1120 on: August 31, 2012, 11:48:49 pm »
You could argue that Kenny Dalglish and Damien Comolli did as much damage to Liverpool as Gillett and Hicks.

Absolutely fucking shocking.

Carroll, Downing, Henderson - £75m.  Fucking criminal.

Everyone's moaning about our lack of willingness to spend this window, but you can't blame FSG after they had their fingers so badly burned.
MY GOD this bloke has to be removed
Brucie, Brucie what's the score?......................Brucie, what's the score?

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1121 on: August 31, 2012, 11:48:58 pm »
I can't see us winning the Premier league with Ayre and FSG at the helm

They are fucking clueless

Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1122 on: August 31, 2012, 11:49:03 pm »
Those commercial deals and revenue didn't keep the club from getting within an inch of registration under H&G.

Such short memories people have.

Exactly how is that the same. The club was paying interest on debt then, plus, commercial deals have taken a significant increase.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1123 on: August 31, 2012, 11:49:12 pm »
You can't argue it. They spent so much and then flopped.

If we'd have had a better season and better tactics/manager or whatever those fees wouldn't matter.

Yes you fucking can.

Anyone who compares Kenny Dalglish - the man who, in his mid-30s, held the club and the fucking city together after Hillsborough, (if you don't believe me consult the likes of Professor Scraton who I'm sure will back this line of thinking up) with Gillette and Hicks is a disgrace.

Offline Mizerooskie

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1124 on: August 31, 2012, 11:49:13 pm »
Nor should it seems he was as let down as us, difference is they have made him look a little stupid as well, nice one Ian
Please, point to one piece of evidence that this is Ayre's fault and not Rodgers'.

How about we stop attacking people at the club until we know what's gone on behind the scenes?

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1125 on: August 31, 2012, 11:49:15 pm »
Probably the most sense anyone has said on here. Its about time people take off their rose tinted specs and come to terms that the transfer business we did last season was fucking diabolical. I'm still fuming about that now. For 75m we should have rebuilt the squad, challenging for top 4 and consolidating on that this season.

But the fuck ups caused by Kenny and Commolli have put us in a worse scenario then we were last year. The fact that Rodgers has tried to/has moved on the majority of last seasons signings and the potential loss we have made on those players speaks volumes about the abject failure of those transfers.
Everyone's moaning about our lack of willingness to spend this window, but you can't blame FSG after they had their fingers so badly burned.

The problem with people that acknowledging the above means that they will have to put some of the blame on a club legend. Rather than do that, fans would rather blame FSG or Ayre.

However, putting dalglish and Hicks and Gillet in the same sentence like the other lad did is out of order. Ridiculous comment.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:51:22 pm by LFC_4_life »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1126 on: August 31, 2012, 11:49:42 pm »
You think the owners wanted to spend the cash but Ayres steadfastly refused?!

I very much doubt it. Ayres has reduced the wagebill whilst bringing in a few players to keep the stadium filled. He has done his job as far as FSG are concerned.
No.....

He has to balance the budget, I think that's fine, no problem with that.

But, it's also his job to sign players... He's singularly failed to sign a player in a position that we badly needed too fill..

That's his call, he's the one who manages that.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1127 on: August 31, 2012, 11:49:54 pm »
Seriously can the shite be fucked off.

Comparing Kenny to H&G is not on, shouldn't be anywhere near the lips/keyboards of our supporters.

Should be an instant ban. End of
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1128 on: August 31, 2012, 11:49:56 pm »
Houllier received far more financial backing than Benitez and spent poorly with it. Benitez had to wheel and deal and scrimp and save and clear his team out. If Houllier left the club in good shape he wouldn't have been fired. That's what I'm on about.

Revisionism 1

One bad summer (Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou), otherwise Hypia, Hamman, Babbel, Riiise, Heskey Finnan, Dudek, McAlister, Henchoz and I don't think the one's regarded as relatively poor by many such as Cisse, Kewell, Baros, Smicer, Litmanan, Pongelle, Camara, Kirkland, Ziege were actually bad buys despite the way things turned out. Diomede I'll give you

You could argue that Kenny Dalglish and Damien Comolli did as much damage to Liverpool as Gillett and Hicks.

Yes, another bit of revisionism going on here, Kenny turned round a struggling team that had toyed with relegation fantastically without massive changes and losing Torres also, if you remember going in that Spurs game we were on for CL place.

Last year is tainted by the poor league form at the end but we were 4 points off the CL in february even with the shocking bad luck we had in games before christmas. Two cup finals which almost both won, barring Cech, and a damp squid at the end. We lost our best player for 8 games at a key period and I think the strain of that affair did us untold damage, especially Kenny who looked ill at some points. We all backed him then over that if you remember. I hear people talking like it was a disaster, well, we'll see. Posts like "I don’t recall having 4 players like Suarez, Sahin, Assaidi and Sterling in our squad at the same time for a while" forget that Suarez was signed by Dalglish and Sterling given his debut by him. The other two have not shown what they can do (for us) as yet.

I love history because you can write about it with hindsight and pick out the facts that you want but please let's not base all our ideas of Dalglish's second spell on those last few league games (Chelsea excepted) and a rose tinted view of a future that has not yet happened.

I'm very happy with the way Brendan carries himself and speaks but as I said in an earlier post talking and taking action are one thing, what matters is the impact. I don't worry about style but I do worry about goals (Swansea were not great goalscorers despite the impressive play in either of the last two years) and, four hours off the transfer deadline with two strikers, those worries remain (although I am confident things will happen before I go to bed)

(copied from one I posted to an obscure thread from earlier)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:51:46 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline AnfieldRD19

• Not worried at all about his manbuddy.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1129 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:06 pm »
I don't rate Carroll but for the manager to end up with none else is unforgivable.  I'll be amazed if he' s in the job next season.

Seriously, just shut the fuck up. He's done nothing but try to clear up the huge mess of last summer

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1130 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:18 pm »
The problem with people that acknowledging the above means that they will have to put some of the blame on a club legend. Rather than do that, fans would rather blame FSG or Ayre.

Have you actually read the post he was agreeing with? What he said about Kenny?
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1131 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:23 pm »
I hope that 160 page dossier Rodgers wrote had a whole chapter about pulling rabbits out of hats.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1132 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:27 pm »
Nah, most of the moaning on here is being driven by Sky's so-called experts saying how stunned they were Liverpool didn't spend silly money on whoever... did you see the doss c*nts they had in? Dowie, a failed manager whoring himself on TV, golluming on about Liverpool not just throwing milllions on whoever, like it was PES 2012 or some such.

The worst though was the Redknapp wannabe with the slick backed hair "Spahs as big a team as Liverpool (despite winning fuck all and having 2/3s their revenue)... £6m for Dempsah, no Brainnnahh (he would know what a no-brainer is alright).... need to spend like Chelsah" deluded fucking clowns, can't use them as a point of reference. they are completely removed from (financial) reality.

I know all that, but that's why I said 'even'.  Fact is no matter how you dress it up, it's been an awful window for Liverpool FC.

Offline gandalf50

• Kopite
  • Named "Most Naive poster on Rawk" by L666kop
« Reply #1133 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:31 pm »
I can't wait for them to explain themselves. I'm actually very curious as to how this one was fucked up so badly...how many times did we hear that he only wanted us...the price was right...

Once again, I reserve judgment on everything today until I hear words from mens' mouths. Either way the truth will emerge.
I thought the Suarez deal was heading the same way until the Torres money came in.
There really isn't.  I think a lot of us, even our own have started doubting it. It's time to rise up. And take what is rightfully ours. It's a big mountain, but what is the point in achieving something, which everyone can?

Fate has given us a mountain too big. We have to rise. We have to believe.

fowler9_god

Offline Mizerooskie

• Kopite
« Reply #1134 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:39 pm »
Exactly how is that the same. The club was paying interest on debt then, plus, commercial deals have taken a significant increase.
It's not the same.

But it goes to show that people saying that the club can spend outside its means without fear of a Portsmouth or Ipswich scenario aren't basing those views in reality.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1135 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:40 pm »
How many clubs spent more than us (net)?
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1136 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:47 pm »

Carroll, Downing, Henderson - £75m.  Fucking criminal.

That's just awful, and I'm sure you'll see that when you re-read your statement. Comolli, none of us give a damn about. But comparing Kenny to the cancers...

It's been a very strange transfer window, and there is quite a bit I don't understand. Some of our business (Allen, Sahin) looks really smart. Some of our business (no striker signed) looks very bad. There is a time to be tight on funds, and a time to realise that you really must act. It seems like we've ended up with an improved squad, but with the same glaring absence of an out-and-out goalscorer that we saw last season. I do find that very odd, and it does make me worried about how committed our owners are to this project. As always, no doubt a multitude of conflicting stories will emerge over the next day or so, but I can't see any excuse for not finding funds to sign another attacking player. We were hoping for Dempsey + 1 other, and ended up with nothing. It does leave us short, and puts further pressure on our new manager to perform miracles.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #1137 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:52 pm »
We really need to look after Suarez.

spotlight is gonna be on him all season, up to january at least.   Look there's me all hopefull that the owners will actually put their hands in their walletts and stump up for some forwards like brendan asked for.   When will i learn.

Offline TheCharlatan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1138 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:52 pm »
Seriously, just shut the fuck up. He's done nothing but try to clear up the huge mess of last summer

Offline hazzm2

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1139 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:55 pm »
You could argue Chelsea have done exactly the same. Let Drogba leave and loaned out Lukaku and haven't bothered signing a striker and are left with just Torres and Sturridge.  So we're not alone here.
just because chelsea have done it doesn't make it okay

Offline Arcadian

• Makes pissed even when sense!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Be the change you want to see in the world...
« Reply #1140 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:57 pm »

I'm worried truth be told, things are looking worse today than they did yesterday and that's not knee jerkism it's cold hard fact. There absolutely should have been more investment in the team this window and there should have been commitment to back the manager. It's an uncomfortable position to find myself in after allowing the warm glow of getting rid of the cowboys to blow over me.

Do FSG Expect us to be satisfied with their performance? You have to wonder how they would rate their stewardship so far. I  believe that the club can be successful using the profit we generate but there was clear need for a player to come in at the end of this window and the backing was clearly not forthcoming.

A blind Tibetan monk could see we are light in attack and I have my suspicions that Brendan was left hanging on the Dempsey deal and now we are heavily reliant upon some youngsters, who I hope can step the fuck up.

Fowler on the bench anyone?

*                         *                           *                            *                         *

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1141 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:07 pm »
Probably the most sense anyone has said on here. Its about time people take off their rose tinted specs and come to terms that the transfer business we did last season was fucking diabolical. I'm still fuming about that now. For 75m we should have rebuilt the squad, challenging for top 4 and consolidating on that this season.

But the fuck ups caused by Kenny and Commolli have put us in a worse scenario then we were last year. The fact that Rodgers has tried to/has moved on the majority of last seasons signings and the potential loss we have made on those players speaks volumes about the abject failure of those transfers.

Your seriously suggesting that Kenny was as bad for us as H&G?

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1142 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:09 pm »
Ian Ayre has obviously been far too busy signing sponsors like Garuda, Chevrolet & Ramsey to be concentrating on players.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1143 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:09 pm »
`
And there are some seriously deluded supporters on the other end who think that everything is fine and dandy and we are going to walk our way to a CL spot.  Sorry I didn't know that You'll never walk alone meant that we are barred from questioning the owners.

No-one said the supporters can question the owners, but question the owners when the dust settles and the facts are in.

At this moment in time, people are getting wound up by a fucking Sports News show on TV, which sensationalises and overreacts to every little whim.

Just because Jim White and co. infer otherwise, we should be resolute, calm and above fucking all, dignified.

Some beauts on here... well, need to get a grip.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:53:13 pm by Shauno »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1144 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:11 pm »
Were has the Standard chartered and Warrior kit money went to?, if we have a net spend of £16.1m.

It has gone to players like Maxi, Kuyt, Carroll, Adam, Henderson, Downing and Cole.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #1145 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:13 pm »
Not unhappy with that window apart from losing Carroll and the fact that Joe Cole is still here. Can't see why we would have to do any business on the last day, would rather we do what we have done and get it sorted over the summer.

Pleased that we didn't sign Dempsey, don't like him.
Legacy fan

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1146 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:18 pm »

The only person being around through all those years was Ayre. Who gave Carra this contract right before the take over? Who gave Cole this insane contract?

We need a proper board instead of someone like Ayre trying to be Cecil mk2...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1147 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:21 pm »
Yes you fucking can.

Anyone who compares Kenny Dalglish - the man who, in his mid-30s, held the club and the fucking city together after Hillsborough, (if you don't believe me consult the likes of Professor Scraton who I'm sure will back this line of thinking up) with Gillette and Hicks is a disgrace.

Spot on mate, it is unbelievable.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1148 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:24 pm »
Seriously can the shite be fucked off.

Comparing Kenny to H&G is not on, shouldn't be anywhere near the lips/keyboards of our supporters.

Honestly make me actually angry that someone could claim to support this club and actually say that or agree with it.

Is correct. These dopey c*nts forget our club has been through more than a couple of transfer windows and Kenny saw us through our darkest days, and is one of the 3/4 most pivotal figures in our history.

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1149 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:37 pm »
Still a much stronger side than us.

I think it's best as supporters if we ditch the inferiority complex.

Liverpool's route to the top four is beating teams below the top tier, it always has been. We'll worry about side-by-side comparisons of our competitors when winning certain honors means literally having to best them in competition, whether we're competing in the Champions League or for the Premier League title itself. Let's worry about beating Sunderland, QPR, Swansea and West Ham. Because our record against top clubs has always been and will continue to be pretty good.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1150 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:51 pm »
I hope that 160 page dossier Rodgers wrote had a whole chapter about pulling rabbits out of hats.

Or a couple of pages on getting fucked over by the management
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1151 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:54 pm »

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1152 on: August 31, 2012, 11:52:12 pm »
Well not sure how mad Brendan may be but the man was probably just handed a Pass for the season. I struggle to see 50 plus league goals in this squad right now and we were hoping to add 20 more in the additions of Dempsey and Sturridge. Lets see if he can make a silk purse out of a  sows ear.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1153 on: August 31, 2012, 11:52:20 pm »
Ian Ayre has obviously been far too busy signing sponsors like Garuda, Chevrolet & Ramsey to be concentrating on players.

I can agree with this. He is clearly a brilliant commercial director, but why does he also have to conduct transfers? It has to be far too much on his plate.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1154 on: August 31, 2012, 11:52:36 pm »
This- great post

Although bit worried we will be lacking upfront

And don't get me wrong, I'm worried about the attack too.  I just don't think it's the total disaster some are making it out to be.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1155 on: August 31, 2012, 11:52:40 pm »
You're f*cking lucky few have noticed that! You just don't appreciate how lucky you are!  :no
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1156 on: August 31, 2012, 11:52:42 pm »
Mid table teams don't sign guys like Skrtel & Suarez on lucrative long term deals and get Nurin Sahin on loan.

I think you'll find despite the needed cull of the crap, our wage bill is still in the top 6 in the league.

Do a club with CL aspirations send a decent striker off on loan and leave themselves with 2 strikers?

Face it, Suarez picks up a nasty injury and we're utterly fucked.

Cull of the crap? Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi are all useful players. None have been replaced (assuming Borini replaces Carroll)

You're deluding yourself if you think this is anything other than the lowering of our club's aspirations in action. FSG are not going to lead us into a glorious new era of success, only an era of mid table profitability.

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1157 on: August 31, 2012, 11:52:48 pm »
I can't see us winning the Premier league with Ayre and FSG at the helm

They are fucking clueless
Unless we get a sugar daddy in,we'll never win the premier league.

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #1158 on: August 31, 2012, 11:53:05 pm »
It's a shame, I thought the window was going great until today.  Not having backups to our main targets is a bit baffling.  Good luck to Rodgers, he's going to need it.  Shame.
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #1159 on: August 31, 2012, 11:53:09 pm »
The only person being around through all those years was Ayre. Who gave Carra this contract right before the take over? Who gave Cole this insane contract?

We need a proper board instead of someone like Ayre trying to be Cecil mk2...

That's the thing, Ayre is a very good business man, but he knows nothing about football. And neither do the people who gave him that role.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...