Author Topic: What's really going on? Selling, 'rebuilding the squad', what?  (Read 242252 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: What's really going on? Selling, 'rebuilding the squad', what?
« Reply #800 on: August 31, 2012, 11:20:12 pm »
Not sure why FSG are getting all the blame, Rodgers decided to get rid of Carroll before having a replacement.

He wanted him out before he even returned from international duty, so he had since the 1st June. Will be interesting to see how he dodges questions about our lack of an adequate replacement from the Liverpool loving media dogs.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Cocomin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: August 31, 2012, 11:20:23 pm »
Liam Tomkins ‏@liam_tomkins
I estimate #LFC's net spend this summer at approx £16.1m, with a net saving of around £14.3m on wages over the next year.

That's not including tv money , prize money , sponsorship money etc oh yeah we will end up like Leeds if we had bought a striker  :butt

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: August 31, 2012, 11:20:27 pm »
Gutted really...Can't remember feeling this sick since I got kicked in the knackers at football and the physio sprayed deep freeze on them in a panic...  I hope we get an honest answer and some accountability about what happened and why over the last 48 hours, and that's just the start.

I can remember being actually sick when I thought we were going into administration. This is simply a bump in the road.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: August 31, 2012, 11:20:31 pm »
Reckon we will struggle to get 8th again
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #804 on: August 31, 2012, 11:20:37 pm »

We're reducing the wage bill, that's what's going on.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: August 31, 2012, 11:20:37 pm »
As others have said, what really annoys/ worries me is that Brendan was clearly expecting a couple more to come in and said that we needed goalscorers. For some reason it hasn't happened and now he looks like a bit of a mug. As Tony Barrett tweeted, I can't imagine he's too happy.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #806 on: August 31, 2012, 11:20:38 pm »
I love the way FSG are absolved of all the blame for Comolli's signings. Who exactly hired him within a few days of buying the club? And who said "our price for caroll was always going to be Torres minus £15m"?

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: August 31, 2012, 11:20:48 pm »
Yes we have. This will be the first season where we should make a profit after cutting the wage bill.

Then I guess, that explains our situation. There is no quick fix for the mess we are in. It has been 4-5 years of poor decisions and it is gonna take time to turn around.

I am miffed we didn't get a striker, but what can you do.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: August 31, 2012, 11:20:54 pm »
Morgan and Yesil will get playing time now. Either one could be the answer to our problems, you just never know.

No fucking chance. They'll just come into the first team and be absolved into the 'working hard' bracket that all our players fall into, scoring a goal every five or six games. None of it will change.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: August 31, 2012, 11:20:57 pm »
play was good last year, only thing was missing was goals
Hold that thought, it may well be the one for this season also.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #810 on: August 31, 2012, 11:21:02 pm »
C'mon now mate, there's optimism and...

Yeah I'm struggling to find anything to be positive about. Ian Ayre has hung Rodgers out to dry, there were clearly broken promises.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #811 on: August 31, 2012, 11:21:14 pm »
We play with three forwards, in a system which doesn't really utilize the traditional striker, and can easily accommodate a false #9.

Our strongest 3 is probably: Gerrard - Borini - Suarez. We have an abundance of players who can step in should there be an injury. Shelvey (who played up front while out on loan), Sterling (who has done nothing but impress), Downing (more than capable despite an indifferent first season), Cole (yeah I know, but he's one of them), and of course THREE unproven players in Morgan, Assaidi and Yesil who could very well turn out to be gems.

I'm sure we won't miss Andy Carroll.

I realize that goals are the problem, and Dempsey would've helped the cause obviously, but let's not write off our forwards based on one poor season in front of goal. The players above do have goals in them, and with two players in the middle of the park who do not give away the ball, and a group of youngsters threatening for their places, they've got an opportunity to make up for all last season's poor finishing. 

We're not in the greatest of positions, agreed, but nowhere near the end of the world.
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #812 on: August 31, 2012, 11:21:15 pm »
It's cos the whole lot were shite.
People like you piss me off,
Downing still here played well last night
Henderson good young lad played well last night
Enrique still here
Suarez still here
Coates still here good prospect

Andy paid the price JH claimed was him +15 mill from the Torres deal in other words he sanctioned it and was happy to brag about it.
Adam lost maybe 2mill it happens.

Learn some respect for a legend of a manager and a man instead of bleating this shit all the time in every thread.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #813 on: August 31, 2012, 11:21:29 pm »
Come home Jay Spearing, all is forgiven...

haha maybe we can recall little Jay and have him as this ghost type false number 9.

No idea what a false 9 is like

Offline Live in the Now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: August 31, 2012, 11:21:38 pm »
This 17 senior players lark is such fucking nonsense, I don't know where it started and why it's being repeated.

1. Reina
2. Doni
3. Jones
4. Enrique
5. Carra
6. Agger
7. Skrtel
8. Coates
9. Johnson
10. Kelly
11. Henderson
12. Shelvey
13. Sahin
14. Allen
15. Gerrard
16. Cole
17. Downing
18. Suarez
19. Borini
20. Assaidi
21. Lucas

The manager also clearly sees Sterling, Morgan, and Robinson as players worth involving in his first team. The squad has been reduced, but hand on heart, I don't see a problem with any of it bar the lack of cover at striker. Cole was and is unable to be moved out, so I can't find fault in our staff being unable to do it. Hopefully we will get to January without any major injury and re-evaluate. Yes there was a screw up at the end but we are headed in the right direction.

Offline Noble Nayudu

• Kopite
« Reply #815 on: August 31, 2012, 11:21:38 pm »
We bought 2 promising forwards. One who excelled for Roma and one who is considered one of the brightest German talents.

Or one who is unproven in the league and quite young and the other one who himself thinks he will only be ready for the first team in 1-2 years time.

Offline forrest1980

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #816 on: August 31, 2012, 11:21:40 pm »
Titi Camara ‏@TitiCamara22
I had my boots ready waiting for phone call http://t.co/o2ema7Ob

Fucking brilliant : )
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw , don't support us when we win" - Bill Shankly.......the best quote the great man ever said.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: August 31, 2012, 11:21:40 pm »
fucking hell.

relax.assiadi sterling gerrard suarez cole morgan and yesil are there for the forward positions.

sahin allen shelvey henderson lucas for the midfield.

we'll be ok till december.

this squad won't be built in one window.
Well for starters Lucas will be out for the period of time you mentioned... the real question is, where are the goals coming from out of that lot you just listed?

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: August 31, 2012, 11:21:50 pm »
ah not bad...

Dempsey was always going to be a tough tough negotiation... It was the cream of the crop to get Dempsey, but Fulham, knowing Jol, (He hates Liverpool, and is a very annoying clever, anti liverpool), he wouldn't want Dempsey to come to Liverpool, and he'd do everything to make Dempsey not come here... so...you know...

It just started to drag on.... good move LFC...Save up, give youngsters a chance to shine...wait for Jan window!
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #819 on: August 31, 2012, 11:22:10 pm »
Not that he's an out-and-out striker but as far as I know Dempsey was the only person lined up very very early (11 July to be precise). So I'm wondering why are people blaming FSG rather than Rodgers for not having a striker? And as a few have agreed in a different thread, there is business sense in losing Andy no - not that all will agree on that.

I think it's largely because Brendan came out and said he would be a nutcase to let Carroll go without a replacement. I dont believe he would have agreed to this scenario and given the choice would have kept Carroll than have no one replace him.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: August 31, 2012, 11:22:18 pm »
Still feel that we're far weaker in attack than we were - Bellamy, Kuyt, Maxi and Carroll all gone and only really Borini to replace them.

Stronger in midfield, but overall a shambles.

Really doubt this was Rodgers plan. As always let down by the moneymen.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: August 31, 2012, 11:22:18 pm »
Reckon we will struggle to get 8th again

I would have said possible top 4 with a striker and Dempsey. Now I agree.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: August 31, 2012, 11:22:21 pm »
We can't even afford Clint Dempsey

Tottenham stole two players off of us
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: August 31, 2012, 11:22:22 pm »
Really think we'll struggle to place higher than last season. Sorry to say it but I just can't see where the goals are going to come from.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #824 on: August 31, 2012, 11:22:28 pm »
Can't believe it, Carroll's loan is a fucking joke at this stage.

Suarez is hardly prolific as it stands, an injury to him or Borini and we're in big trouble.

Massive let down. Rodgers has been really let down too, especially after his interview last week about Carroll.

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #825 on: August 31, 2012, 11:22:34 pm »
You lot are gonna be looking real silly when we win the league.
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline red_dub

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: August 31, 2012, 11:22:44 pm »
I love the way FSG are absolved of all the blame for Comolli's signings. Who exactly hired him within a few days of buying the club? And who said "our price for caroll was always going to be Torres minus £15m"?
very true, we don't expect the bank to be broke however a football club needs a recognised striker!!!
“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Bill Shankly

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #827 on: August 31, 2012, 11:22:47 pm »
Liam Tomkins ‏@liam_tomkins
I estimate #LFC's net spend this summer at approx £16.1m, with a net saving of around £14.3m on wages over the next year.

That's not including tv money , prize money , sponsorship money etc oh yeah we will end up like Leeds if we had bought a striker  :butt

Fucking cheapskates!
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline chrishughes

• no brainer...
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #828 on: August 31, 2012, 11:22:52 pm »
All the owners care about is balancing the books. We are completely fucked if something happens to Suarez.

Offline Smug Cassandra

• outh strikes again :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Siempre Liverpool Siempre River Plate
« Reply #829 on: August 31, 2012, 11:22:54 pm »
get an injury to Suarez and the good ship Liverpool is gonna struggle for the top 10.
! LIVERPOOL - EN LAS MALAS - MUCHO MAS !

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: August 31, 2012, 11:23:02 pm »
Morgan and Yesil will get playing time now. Either one could be the answer to our problems, you just never know.
Hahahahahaha.... don't forget Ngoo!

Seriously though, we have had a right fucking shocker.  Oh dear, oh dear, oh fucking dear.

Offline Juliman

• Kopite
« Reply #831 on: August 31, 2012, 11:23:12 pm »
Maybe the reason we have to baulk at £7M fees for players is that Dalglish and Commoli managed to blow 5 times that amount on one striker who managed to score 4 goals for us.

When Dalglish managed to spend £80M + on Carroll, Adam, Downing and Henderson, all of whom failed last season, he basically fucked us up for a few seasons in my opinion. No wonder FSG don't want to endorse big money signings  when they witnessed possibly the worst case of spunking transfer fees away ever in the history of football!

Definitely agree with this.

Just imagine if Suarez gets injured, we will be completely fucked.

Offline Sevo

• Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy joy.
  • Kopite
« Reply #832 on: August 31, 2012, 11:23:18 pm »
He wanted him out before he even returned from international duty, so he had since the 1st June. Will be interesting to see how he dodges questions about our lack of an adequate replacement from the Liverpool loving media dogs.

He'll probably talk movingly about "fighting for his life for the club" and offer to write a letter to the supporters.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #833 on: August 31, 2012, 11:23:20 pm »
Two summers in a row we are having deadwood clear-outs. If we imagine that practice is to stop we`ll be only a few players away from the kind of squad we strive to. And we can afford it with the regular summer self-sustainable budget available. Signing players who turn out to be massive disappointments is utterly killing us.

Offline Mizerooskie

• Kopite
« Reply #834 on: August 31, 2012, 11:23:20 pm »
Just for accuracy's sake, the price for Torres was Carroll + £15m.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #835 on: August 31, 2012, 11:23:21 pm »
And all the talk about the Standard Chartered and Warrior deals. Can anyone tell me where that money is going. I could maybe understand if it was going towards the stadium but it's not.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: August 31, 2012, 11:23:28 pm »

FSG chose the wrong men in Kenny and Comolli. That was their mistake for sure. Now they are learning from it.

Offline liverpoolfan1

• Kopite
« Reply #837 on: August 31, 2012, 11:23:30 pm »
ah not bad...

Dempsey was always going to be a tough tough negotiation... It was the cream of the crop to get Dempsey, but Fulham, knowing Jol, (He hates Liverpool, and is a very annoying clever, anti liverpool), he wouldn't want Dempsey to come to Liverpool, and he'd do everything to make Dempsey not come here... so...you know...

It just started to drag on.... good move LFC...Save up, give youngsters a chance to shine...wait for Jan window!
`
Yes it was always going to be tough getting Dempsey when you disrespect the selling club and only offer 3m. 
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Bill Shankly

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #838 on: August 31, 2012, 11:23:36 pm »
Waiting to see what the FSG spin doctors and posters come up with...

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: August 31, 2012, 11:23:41 pm »
Not sure why FSG are getting all the blame, Rodgers decided to get rid of Carroll before having a replacement.

If you listen to what Rogers said after he let Carroll go, he was quite certain that he was getting one or two forwards today.