Author Topic: Man United 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 218657 times)

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
Re: Man United 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1280 on: February 11, 2012, 05:05:49 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh2GklvY7eQ
Saw this video circulating around the net.

Evra clearly refused the handshake.

You know. Watching that makes me wonder whether Evra is, in fact, trying to stop him shaking hands with De Gea, not trying to get him to shake his own hand.
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1281 on: February 11, 2012, 05:05:55 pm »
Basically Evra didn't refuse the handshake, he just left his hand there, not really offering it, if Suarez wanted to shake it he had to reach and grab it. By doing this Evra couldn't lose either way.

This is what happened.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #1282 on: February 11, 2012, 05:06:10 pm »
Disgusting chants from our supporters at the end. Munich chants loud and clear, it questions my faith in humanity. I know we aren't as bad as them but it was a disgusting. Don't try and say it was the minority, I was there and it was 90% of our lot joining in. Disgraceful.

Yeah, because instead of having a go at them, come on here and leather us.

Well-in.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1283 on: February 11, 2012, 05:06:50 pm »

Suarez had already rejected the handshake by this time, have people not watched the footage?

Offline Phil_88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1284 on: February 11, 2012, 05:06:57 pm »
Dear oh dear.

evra was a massive c*nt before this racism row, his behaviour recently has just added fuel to the fire, dont tell me you dont wanna just do the same his smug attitude and grabbing suarez cuz he didnt want to shake

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1285 on: February 11, 2012, 05:07:27 pm »
meh who'll care 48hrs from now about the stupid handshake? no one! Luis had the right not to shake the c*nts hand if thats how he felt. The media will write shit whatever the club does so its a waste of energy getting upset about it because thats essentially what the journos want, controversy because it sells papers. Now its over, the team needs to focus and keep working hard for a CL spot and looking at who needs to be replaced in the summer *cough* downing *cough*. No point in stewing, onwards and upwards people.

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1286 on: February 11, 2012, 05:07:41 pm »
thought we were a bit rubbish today. We never really got hold of the match and a few did nothing to dispell the concerns many have about them.

Fuck shaking the hand of someone who lied about you - ynwa luis

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1287 on: February 11, 2012, 05:07:54 pm »
 what about that horrible c*nt ferdinand no mention on SKY about him not shaking hands with luis

Offline Arathrael

• Main Stander
« Reply #1288 on: February 11, 2012, 05:08:28 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh2GklvY7eQ
Saw this video circulating around the net.

Evra clearly refused the handshake.
He's not necessarily refusing it... but if he isn't, he sure looks like he's at least trying to make Suarez have to pause and really reach for his hand. Which wouldn't surprise me - there's no way this wouldn't have been discussed in advance, and probably everyone assured everyone else that they would shake hands. So perhaps Evra, knowing that, decides to play a little game and make Suarez work for it. But Suarez doesn't play.

Whatever was going on, Suarez does nothing really wrong though. His hand is there, Evra's isn't, he moves on.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #1289 on: February 11, 2012, 05:08:35 pm »
Suarez had already rejected the handshake by this time, have people not watched the footage?
Because Evra withdrew his hand. Have you not watched the footage?
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Yabazza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #1290 on: February 11, 2012, 05:09:11 pm »
People being told to ''fuck off'' because they have a different opinion to the RAWK masses , people who think Suarez didnt do the sensible thing and draw a line under the issue shouldnt be treated like this.

The atmosphere in this thread is a bit uncomfortable , its all about opinions.

If some c*nt came into your house in the middle of the night to rob you and you twatted him and he sued you and won, would you shake his hand afterwards and say fair enough let's leave it at that?  Would you fuck.

It's the same thing with Suarez.  He believes he has been wronged and he's fucked if he's going to "be the bigger man" and draw a line under it.  Fair fucking play to him I say. 
May contain irony.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1291 on: February 11, 2012, 05:09:26 pm »
the way suarez extends his hand is similar to terry when bridge did not shake his hand isn't it?

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1292 on: February 11, 2012, 05:09:52 pm »
That pic's deceiving. The footage shows Evra's hand out at all times, Suarez never looks at him and his hand is pointing at De Gea. Let's not pretend that Evra didn't want to shake Luis' hand.
And we should pretend that Luis didn't want to shake Evra's hand? Because "he seems the kind of character that would do that sort of thing"?

The evidence is there!

Or do you want to argue against the evidence as the FA and the rest of the world did? Do you want to draw a conclusion by ignoring the evidence, regardless of whether you may think it's "deceiving"- as you say?
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1293 on: February 11, 2012, 05:09:56 pm »
Not buying this shit Evra didn't want to shake hands. Stop clutching at straws. I stand by Suarez not shaking but I'm not about to make something up.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline LukeyT

• Main Stander
  • - Can do 9 keepy uppys...
« Reply #1294 on: February 11, 2012, 05:10:20 pm »

Reject a handshake? The man had his arm that low? Surely he's rejecting... If I was Suarez I wouldnt reach that far... Suarez clearly has his arm further extended and body language is more willing to give a handshake... It's bullshit, but Suarez shouldnt get shit for this.

Offline inexorably red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1295 on: February 11, 2012, 05:11:01 pm »
all the shit going on in the world and this is second on sky news,all over a bloody handshake
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1296 on: February 11, 2012, 05:11:05 pm »
Have deleted twitter, but assuming journos giving us both barrels?

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #1297 on: February 11, 2012, 05:11:25 pm »
Having examined the footage carefully, am I the only person that counts 6 fingers on Evra's hand, and thinks that the shots come way too quickly?
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1298 on: February 11, 2012, 05:11:45 pm »
Who shook whos hand bla bla bla..
Something to distract me from a team that proclaims pass&move but can barely pass and hardly moves at all. Something to distract me from the horrible waste of money that proudly graces our left wing. Something to distract me from a decent midfield we released in the summer, only to replace it with not as good players. Something to distract me from a transfer period that passed where we were deemed as good enough by our managemet.

So yes, let us talk about who shook whos fucking hand..

Offline PhlegmJehst

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1299 on: February 11, 2012, 05:11:51 pm »
not interested in handshakes, who did what, what Fergie said, blah blah, boring, the team selection and tactics were wrong today, we we overrun in midfield anyway so playing 442 wouldnt of made a difference, we didnt press the ball when we didnt have it, only Stevie can say he had a half decent game, the rest were not at the races, Stewart Downing is utter fucking turd, the sooner we offload him the better, not good enough, Kenny bottled it with the team selection today i thought, too worried about them and not the threat we could of posed....we won't get 4th place this year, thats for sure, far too many average players we have...

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1300 on: February 11, 2012, 05:11:55 pm »
the poor lads really upset

[/quote]

Offline SmithyTheRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1301 on: February 11, 2012, 05:12:09 pm »
Obviously Suarez is still aggrieved that he's been fucked over - so big deal about the handshake.

Fergie should put a whiskey bottle in it.

We were shit to day. Looked good for the first 10 then we let ourselves down for the rest. We've got no idea on how to closedown and get the ball back-some were trying but without the rest helping you're just a dog chasing it's tail.

Not enough urgency even when we 2 down, most of the players just seemed to accept the loss.

Where the fuck has our fight gone?

I'm more disappointed with our attitude than the loss.
Red

Offline jaymc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1302 on: February 11, 2012, 05:12:09 pm »
Weird game i felt today, dead slow pace with no urgency it seemed. Suarez was to isolated before we brought the subs on. Would have liked to have seen two strikers from the start. Think that the pressure from bellamy and suarez would have made them uncomfortable amd helped our ball retention

On the handshake he should have just shook. He admitted he called him negro or whatever, so even if he did mean it as friend which is possible, how would evra have known he meant that hes not urguayan. I cant stand evra anyway cos i think hes a tart and and a whinger.

This blind belief in people is a bit annoying, i love the way he plays for us and that, but when he fucks of to barca or someone in a couple of years we'll be calling him for everything. I know thats the nature of supporting a team, but some on said earlier its like were all teenage fans of a boyband. 

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #1303 on: February 11, 2012, 05:12:26 pm »
I wouldn't shake that lying twats hand either, the little fucking gnome.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1304 on: February 11, 2012, 05:12:52 pm »
Because Evra withdrew his hand. Have you not watched the footage?

No he did not, he had his hand by his side rejecting the handshake would have been what Suarez done.

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1305 on: February 11, 2012, 05:13:01 pm »
Love Webb's reaction though ;D

"Eh, What the f*ck, man!?" I could've mistaken him for one of our subs :)

Sure you don't mean Reina?

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1306 on: February 11, 2012, 05:13:03 pm »
Thais was after Suarez already refused the handshake.
Huh!? Rejecting the handshake? What about Evra not showing a willingness to extend his hand? He keeps it near his side and does not make an effort to extend it!

I've said what I wanted to say here: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=286580.msg9878817#msg9878817

I can't believe this! Seems a lot of people willingly refuse the evidence and resort to a "feeling" that Suarez wasn't going to shake Evra's hands, even though the evidence that he was WILLING AND READIED himself suggests absolutely the contrary and is as clear as one could expect.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: February 11, 2012, 05:13:06 pm »
Not buying this shit Evra didn't want to shake hands. Stop clutching at straws. I stand by Suarez not shaking but I'm not about to make something up.

This. Suarez clearly rejected the handshake. Those saying otherwise are so blinkered its scary.

Offline chrishughes

• no brainer...
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1308 on: February 11, 2012, 05:13:09 pm »
On to the football. We're 4 points away from 4th and 4 points away from 8th. Tactically if we continue to play with the energy and hunger that we did today, we have no chance of finishing strong. Our strikers look isolated and our full backs are lackiing concentration at key times. I am very dissapointed that we didn't do ANYTHING in the January transfer window. Our team lacks pace, and some players are playing as if their summer price tags justifies a starting position in the squad.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1309 on: February 11, 2012, 05:13:13 pm »
Why don't we talk about the football? Because there were some very worrying signs there for me. The lack of movement was appalling. Our players seem to be unable to give a pass that actually helps the recipient rather than putting them under pressure, and we seem to have no discernible system of pressing. Even at 2-0 down we didn't press them. Even at 2-1 down in the last 5 minutes, we didn't press them, and there was a complete lack of urgency.

I was actually embarrassed by that today.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1310 on: February 11, 2012, 05:13:31 pm »

Bad thing is that this is taking attention away from a poor performance from us today.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1311 on: February 11, 2012, 05:13:32 pm »
what about that horrible c*nt ferdinand no mention on SKY about him not shaking hands with luis

He had every right to refuse Suarez, as Suarez did to Evra. People are making far too much out of this, those on the side of United vilifying Luis and those on the side of Liverpool spouting conspiracies about the placement of Evra's hand.

They're grown men, if they don't want to shake hands then they don't have to.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1312 on: February 11, 2012, 05:13:33 pm »
I think the team let Suarez down, not the other way round, this match was always going to be important for him, the recent events made it bigger than just a league game, it was about retribution, and no one wanted to stand up and be counted. Livid!

Suarez did nothing wrong today, and Evra is lucky Ferdinand got in the way of his challenge cause he was baying for blood.

Offline crasher1in

• Kopite
  • he who hesitates, masturbates
« Reply #1313 on: February 11, 2012, 05:13:46 pm »
These c*nts will finish trophyless this season. fuck them

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1314 on: February 11, 2012, 05:13:55 pm »
Sure you don't mean Reina?
Oh shit!  :-[

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #1315 on: February 11, 2012, 05:14:01 pm »
Yep. Neither wanted the handshake, for me. Evra's stitched Suarez up though. Again.

This is exactly what happened.
Neither player wanted to shake hands but after Suarez walked on, Evra made a big deal of it to gain the immediate moral high ground.
He is 100% shithouse that fucker.

Maybe a lot of our fans don't agree with what Luis did but at least he didn't hide the fact that he wasn't keen and didn't make a song and dance of it afterwards to paint his opponent in a bad light.
Evra will get his cummupence some day.

Baconface should beware when he says we should sell Luis because when he does leave I fully expect him to do an in-depth, warts-and-all interview about this whole affair and I don't think it's going to make for very good reading for the Ginsoak or his odious captain.
Of course, our media will laugh it off, but by that time it won't matter one fuck what dickheads in the UK think of Luis and those in the wider world will finally get a chance to see the side of the story that has been disgracefully hidden to suit the sickening agendas withing the British media
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1316 on: February 11, 2012, 05:14:07 pm »

Exactly.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1317 on: February 11, 2012, 05:14:43 pm »
Police seize KKK Fanzines & t-shirts being sold outside OT.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-16996748
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1318 on: February 11, 2012, 05:14:57 pm »
Exactly.

Are you fucking mental? It's as clear as day.

Offline Dash Snow

• the ing through a horse in open one sleigh
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1319 on: February 11, 2012, 05:15:02 pm »
Is this a 34 page long thread about a handshake?