Author Topic: Man United 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 218637 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man United 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1360 on: February 11, 2012, 05:21:53 pm »
And he will shake your hand afterwards.  ;)

:D

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1361 on: February 11, 2012, 05:22:13 pm »
brclausen Birger Clausen
According to Danish Channel 6. After the game Agger offered Fedinand to meet outside after the game for a little 'fight'

Gotta love Danny boy  8)
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline inexorably red

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1362 on: February 11, 2012, 05:22:27 pm »
especially if he takes skrtel to  ;D
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline N-Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1363 on: February 11, 2012, 05:22:32 pm »
You know. Watching that makes me wonder whether Evra is, in fact, trying to stop him shaking hands with De Gea, not trying to get him to shake his own hand.

Think you're spot on. Suarez holds his hand out but Evra just ignores it, Suarez carries on to De Gea- in the live match clip Henderson was in the way of the camera making it look like Suarez was snubbing evra.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1364 on: February 11, 2012, 05:22:59 pm »
the turd has no moral high ground! ridiculous handshake aside, he was trying to goad suarez at half time in the tunnel and at full time too, dancing round in cringeworthy fashion that even the man u players looked embarrassed. Its pretty telling that the liverpool players made sure to put themselves between suarez  and that bellend to stop him causing anymore trouble. If anyone deserves to be charged with un-gentlemanly conduct its Evra.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1365 on: February 11, 2012, 05:23:09 pm »
Just like to add, Rooney in his interview was boss when asked about the handshake. He said it's between the two players and nobody else should be talking about it or speculating.

Was very impressed with his comments.

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: February 11, 2012, 05:23:12 pm »
brclausen Birger Clausen
According to Danish Channel 6. After the game Agger offered Fedinand to meet outside after the game for a little 'fight'

Haha! Brilliant - What i wouldn't give to see it

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1367 on: February 11, 2012, 05:23:23 pm »
brclausen Birger Clausen

Legend. Agger would beat the shit out of him.

Offline capt_methane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1368 on: February 11, 2012, 05:23:42 pm »
brclausen Birger Clausen

Agger should've decked him and then tatooed "Insert Brain here" on his fod

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #1369 on: February 11, 2012, 05:23:48 pm »
I just asked Rio why he didn't take up the offer.

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1370 on: February 11, 2012, 05:24:00 pm »
the poor lads really upset

Why is nobody commenting on how shocking de gea's hairdo is?

Offline megabomberman

• Kopite
  • YNWA to all who wear the red.
« Reply #1371 on: February 11, 2012, 05:24:12 pm »
The tactics and set up seem to be absolutely terrible for us.

We are so disjointed, the link between midfield and attack is huge. We just sat and sat today, not pressing even behind our half way line and leaving giggs and scholes all the time in the world. We weren't even threatening to counter, we get the ball, recycle it back and start laborious attacks. Lots of times we are afraid to spread the play and end up overplaying the ball in tight spaces down cul de sacs on the wings before losing it.

Henderson and Gerrard don't appear in attacking positions at all even though I presume they are supposed to be our attacking midfielders.

Kuyt ends up isolated on the right where he can't do any damage. Downing is just atrocious, really awful, lost, not helping Enrique one bit.

Our best player today by a mile was Glen and yet he still switched off for the first goal.

I think I can safely say that the sum of the parts is a lot lot better than the way the team are currently playing. Pretty much all our new signings were playing far superior in their previous clubs. And it's not just the "pressure" of playing for Liverpool. Our tactics are the main thing to blame IMO, Kenny and Steve Clarke are to blame here.

Offline Hyypia headers

• Am I a Real Liverpool Fan...
  • Kopite
  • Impossible?
« Reply #1372 on: February 11, 2012, 05:24:19 pm »
And that makes Daniel Agger my all time favourite football player.

Let me tell you about the times when tackling was allowed

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1373 on: February 11, 2012, 05:24:26 pm »
hope City win the league.

i can´t even cope the hate i feel and in Suarez case i would do the same.

Offline inexorably red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1374 on: February 11, 2012, 05:24:29 pm »
Pepe, Skrtel and Agger against all 11 of the starting eleven of United today and they'd have still won in a fight. Hard as fucking nails.
i bet spearing a pitbull to ;D
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1375 on: February 11, 2012, 05:24:31 pm »
I don't think I've ever wanted a tweet rumour to be true more than this.
Ha ha, me too. Juicier than Kim Jong-Un being whacked by the NK military isn't it?

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: February 11, 2012, 05:24:37 pm »
Just like to add, Rooney in his interview was boss when asked about the handshake. He said it's between the two players and nobody else should be talking about it or speculating.

I admit I gained a little respect for the guy when he said that.

Offline joey55

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1377 on: February 11, 2012, 05:24:42 pm »
So, when you're getting robbed in the street do you offer the robber to bend over as well?

No but if I think I've been blanked by someone and they then grab me to signal that isn't what is happening, I'd stop and return a simple hand shake.

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1378 on: February 11, 2012, 05:24:55 pm »
Funny how we brits lambasted Sepp Blatter for suggesting on-pitch disputes could be settled by a handshake and now one not happening is apparently the end of the world.

It's really not that big a deal.  The match was played in a fairly decent spirit, just a couple of bookings for non-malicious tackles and although I wasn't at the game, even the terraces didn't seem too poisionous, I've certaintly heard worse.  They booed Suarez, we booed Evra, they sung you know what you are, we sung i just can't get enough.

Geoff Shreeves got very excited about a "tunnel bust-up" but sounds like nothing more than handbags to me.  Kenny's dead right to point at the sky sports news channel's contribution to all this.  This will all be stoked up by the media now and from that point of view, maybe Suarez should have just shaken the cnt's hand and we could have moved on.  But I have a really hard time accepting condemnation for Suarez causing all the grief when in actual fact it's the media's reaction and reporting of it which causes the problem.

Alex Ferguson uses words like "riot" and "disgrace" and actually claims a rival side should sell a footballer and apparently it's Suarez who is the instigator of all the trouble for not shaking someone he doesn't like's hand.  World's gone fcking loco.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #1379 on: February 11, 2012, 05:24:57 pm »
Suarez should have shaken his hand.

But why Stussy? If Suarez had been falsely outted as a paedophile, should he shake the hand of the guy who wrote the story? I know it's not exactly the same thing but they're two similar issues in regards of the fact that you're forever tarnished even by the accusation of racism. Evra has fucked up Suarez's image for the rest of his life. I can see why he doesn't want to shake his hand.

... And at the same time, for all his lying and how his story changed, if Evra was genuinely offended by what Suarez said back in October then fair play, I don't see why he has to shake Suarez's hand either.

The hand shake is a nothing. They don't like each other, it's a pointless ritual. It's lip-service to a quintessential British ideal of fair play and sportsmanship that simply doesn't exist.

They don't like each other, they're both well within their rights to ignore the others attempt at a handshake, whoever it was that pulled away.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1380 on: February 11, 2012, 05:25:57 pm »
I know it's childish, but I hope that Agger rumour is true, I fucking detest Ferdinand.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1381 on: February 11, 2012, 05:26:01 pm »
Suarez should have shaken his hand. If it is true that it was Evra who withdrew his hand, as there are some pictures floating around that suggest that may have been the case, he should have gone out of his way to still shake his hand anyway.

Its just reopened the whole thing rather than drawing a line under it. He should have swallowed his pride for the sake of the club and for the sake of Kenny.

I don´t think that what happened today is any different to what happened in this case so far from all the people involved. It´s a big Kindergarten for the press and the fans and means absolutely fuck nothing as there is no "case" just for endless discussions. With our without a handshake finding place.

At the beginning, I had the same thoughts along your lines but after a rethinking I really do think that there has to come a point when you have to make a stand against this endless campaign and agenda of United off and on the pitch. Suarez more or less states with this that he thinks that he did nothing wrong and was put down. And for that, there is no reason for giving in. You have to make a stand at some point. And Suarez did this.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:28:48 pm by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1382 on: February 11, 2012, 05:26:03 pm »
It doesn't mate it quite clearly shows what a fucking wind up merchant Evra is. United are unable to cope with Suarez on the pitch so they have dealt with him off it. This whole thing is the result of Evra confronting Suarez during the game at Anfield.

Evra then tries to get to Suarez in the tunnel at half time and then tries to provoke him at the end of the game. All I can say is that Suarez is a better man than me because if Evra had taunted me at the end of the game like that I would of twatted him.

You're probably right, so would I.

You know what, I'm not arsed that Luis didn't shake his hand personally. Its just that tactically speaking, it could have drawn a line under the whole thing, spared Kenny and the club all the attention its getting as a result. We all know the press and English football are full of self righteous and pompous buffoons. But for the sake of a simple handshake, why not just do it and move on? Bad decision by Luis, for the club on a tactical level.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #1383 on: February 11, 2012, 05:26:51 pm »
Oh, that man arouses me.

Ive offered out loads of retards, lets hook up.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1384 on: February 11, 2012, 05:27:10 pm »
evra clearly did not want to shake suarez's hand
are people actually arguing this? have people ever shook hands before? it's a two way street
i honestly think he should have shook it but this happens in about a second. from the sound of suarez's tweet he got the impression evra did not want to shake hands with him so who can blame him for not? especially when evra's hand is near enough by his side
i think it would be more disrespectful for suarez to grab his hand when he didn't want to shake hands (as i believe he thought - or perhaps didn't even think, it happened in a second) than to just leave it
i fully believe suarez went out with the intention of shaking evra's hand and i can't believe i'm writing paragraphs about it  :butt

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1385 on: February 11, 2012, 05:27:25 pm »
anyone know what the offensive t-shirt seller who was arrested was selling?

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1386 on: February 11, 2012, 05:27:26 pm »
Ha ha, me too. Juicier than Kim Jong-Un being whacked by the NK military isn't it?

Just surprised the homophobe declined. Maybe Agger wasn't quite as 'faggy' as Chris Moyles, eh Rio?

Offline Phil_88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1387 on: February 11, 2012, 05:27:35 pm »
Why is nobody commenting on how shocking de gea's hairdo is?

:-)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1388 on: February 11, 2012, 05:27:39 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1389 on: February 11, 2012, 05:28:11 pm »
anyone know what the offensive t-shirt seller who was arrested was selling?

T-shirts.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1390 on: February 11, 2012, 05:28:24 pm »

Offline ebbenebs

• Main Stander
« Reply #1391 on: February 11, 2012, 05:28:32 pm »
Quote from: steveeastend on Today at 05:04:04 PM
As someone not from England I was really suprised on the real hatred between the players  when watching the "in-the-tunnel"- vid on the main page. With City there were handshakes, smiles all around, and the other way around. It was such a friendly atmosphere that you did wonder how the could put down a decent competition on the pitch. The complete contrast with United. I think only some physios did shake hands. Besides that, silence and looks down. In this game, it for sure didn´t get any better.

I think Suarez was right not to shake hands. But I am suprised on how huge the media and people in charge let this happen and I think that Ferguson, again, played a pretty nasty role in all this.

Where can I find that video?

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1392 on: February 11, 2012, 05:28:36 pm »

I agree, he was trying to play everything down, not ratcheting up the tensions even higher like his alky boss.

Fair play to Rooney.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #1393 on: February 11, 2012, 05:28:39 pm »
the poor lads really upset

That's the most telling moment of the handshake incident, made up with himself, got one over on luis again.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #1394 on: February 11, 2012, 05:29:04 pm »
But why Stussy? If Suarez had been falsely outted as a paedophile, should he shake the hand of the guy who wrote the story? I know it's not exactly the same thing but they're two similar issues in regards of the fact that you're forever tarnished even by the accusation of racism. Evra has fucked up Suarez's image for the rest of his life. I can see why he doesn't want to shake his hand.

... And at the same time, for all his lying and how his story changed, if Evra was genuinely offended by what Suarez said back in October then fair play, I don't see why he has to shake Suarez's hand either.

The hand shake is a nothing. They don't like each other, it's a pointless ritual. It's lip-service to a quintessential British ideal of fair play and sportsmanship that simply doesn't exist.

They don't like each other, they're both well within their rights to ignore the others attempt at a handshake, whoever it was that pulled away.
I think that's fair.

Thing is, just like the incident back in October, only Evra and Suarez know what happened. There is evidence suggesting Evra was at fault, but the same applies re Suarez being the one that didn't go for the hand shake.

Yet, it's already being accepted throughout the whole country, on Sky, on BBC, that it was Suarez who refused that handshake. Which as I said, only two people in the World know for sure whether that's the truth or not.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Turk

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1395 on: February 11, 2012, 05:29:06 pm »
I dont blame Suarez not shaking that lieing c@nts hand , hes just had to miss 8 games because of his lies why would he shake it probably felt like nutting him. I thought the game was very much like the FA cup tie just never came out fully focused second half i went to work after the second goal so carnt say  how we responded id like to think we attacked more and after Suarez scored it was all Liverpool will watch full game on LFCtv tomoz . I have total faith in were KK is taking us ( WEMBLEY ).. UP the Reds. 

Offline SmithyTheRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1396 on: February 11, 2012, 05:29:12 pm »
If I don't like you, (especially if you are a bitch like Evra), why the fuck should I shake your hand?
Red

Offline regnaD kciN

• !eltit motsuc etihs a sah
  • Anny Roader
  • Never to use Tapatalk on a crucial post again!
Man United 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1397 on: February 11, 2012, 05:29:13 pm »
brclausen Birger Clausen

I wonder how many games the Ferguson Association will ban him for that?

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #1398 on: February 11, 2012, 05:29:20 pm »
I couldnt give a fuck about any handshake....more pissed off about some of our players not turning up, I would of started with the big man aswell but hey ho....it`s only one game.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1399 on: February 11, 2012, 05:29:29 pm »
brclausen Birger Clausen

Haha. Love Danny.

Watching him and Skrtel walk off the pitch either side of Luis at HT was boss too.