Author Topic: Man United 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 218268 times)

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
  • Compulsive hyperbolic exaggerator
Re: Man United 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1440 on: February 11, 2012, 05:48:22 pm »
Fear of what? They're challenging for the league, we're going to need luck to finish in an Europa League spot.
Look past this season. They are trying to mess with Luis bc they can't stop him on the field.
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1441 on: February 11, 2012, 05:48:27 pm »
Really shite 2nd half there, we rode our luck in the 1st half with sloppy passes but overall we we still in the game.

We gave away two shocking goals and we never looked likely to get it back, even when Suarez scored. We didn't press them enough, it seems like we had no energy, I don't know why.

From the first minute when we failed to take advantage of Evra & Ferdinand clashing (Stevie being guilty of an awful pass) we simply couldn't get things going for long enough. If even half of those misplaced passes would've gone to their man, we would've been in the game.

Kenny has to accept that he got it badly wrong today. Not sure what Downing has done to deserve a start today, especially ahead of Bellamy.

Also surprised that we did not test De Gea at all, considering how much success he had a few weeks back.

We now have 3 weeks till our next game, which is probably our last chance to push for 4th
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1442 on: February 11, 2012, 05:48:37 pm »
But why Stussy? If Suarez had been falsely outted as a paedophile, should he shake the hand of the guy who wrote the story? I know it's not exactly the same thing but they're two similar issues in regards of the fact that you're forever tarnished even by the accusation of racism. Evra has fucked up Suarez's image for the rest of his life. I can see why he doesn't want to shake his hand.

... And at the same time, for all his lying and how his story changed, if Evra was genuinely offended by what Suarez said back in October then fair play, I don't see why he has to shake Suarez's hand either.

The hand shake is a nothing. They don't like each other, it's a pointless ritual. It's lip-service to a quintessential British ideal of fair play and sportsmanship that simply doesn't exist.

They don't like each other, they're both well within their rights to ignore the others attempt at a handshake, whoever it was that pulled away.

On a personal level it doesn't matter a damn if they shake hands or not.  They clearly hate each other and have no desire to do so - and why should they?  If they were walking down the street and saw each other they wouldn't want to would they?

Big difference for me though is the effect this all has on the club and the manager.

Suarez has had huge support from Kenny, from the club hierachy generally, and rightly so.  They have all stood up for him and backed him during his ban and Kenny has come out several times and said he shouldn't have been banned etc.  He couldn't have done more.

With this game coming up, and knowing how the media works and all the attention that would be on the game, Kenny goes on record as saying that we should 'draw a line under what happened and move forward'.

He went on to say how he had spoken to Suarez and that

People are already speculating on the pre-match ceremony, but from Luis's point of view we have spoken to him and I know he will shake the hand of Patrice Evra and the other Manchester United players before the game."

This is where the problem arises.  Suarez seems to have given the manager the reassurance that he would do the handshake, that they were all aware of the media interest surrounding it and it is time to move on and yet Suarez still doesn't do it.

That's why I find the whole thing disappointing.

If he had done the handshake, maybe the media tomorrow would be talking about the footy, whether Ferdinand should have been sent off and whether Evra should have celebrated in the way he did.

As it is, yet again Liverpool Football Club is having its name dragged through the mud
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline AnfieldRD19

• Not worried at all about his manbuddy.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1443 on: February 11, 2012, 05:48:40 pm »
this whole thing is getting out of hand...the media keeps saying that it should stop yet they constantly keep dragging it on

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1444 on: February 11, 2012, 05:49:15 pm »
Fergusson said before the game he hadnt spoke to evra another fucking lie !!!
yeah, sorry, got it wrong way around

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1445 on: February 11, 2012, 05:49:54 pm »
Anyone else think Gerrard looked like he was carrying an injury, looked like he was playing at 50% at times. Seemed slower too.

Aye, and his cock takes longer to get up too, it's called age.

Nah, noticed that. I doubt it's an injury, he was still sprinting ok, he just seemed generally slower and lacking in energy.

Offline PowderKeg

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1446 on: February 11, 2012, 05:50:39 pm »
I'm convinced Ferguson has an account on RAWK because he says something knowing fully well opposition fans will go ballistic and that's exactly what happens. He's been trolling 90% of RAWK with the only exception being the years Rafa was around and we were beating them on their own patch.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1447 on: February 11, 2012, 05:50:40 pm »
Fear of what? They're challenging for the league, we're going to need luck to finish in an Europa League spot.
Fear of this...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/I7afhZ5MRYI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/I7afhZ5MRYI</a>

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline AnfieldRD19

• Not worried at all about his manbuddy.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1448 on: February 11, 2012, 05:50:43 pm »
i also thought gerrard was stuck having to play too defensively today. not having lucas hurt us a lot

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #1449 on: February 11, 2012, 05:50:57 pm »
hope City win the league.

Oh yes.  The thought of that sly little c*nt lifting the premier trophy as captain is too much to stomach.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1450 on: February 11, 2012, 05:51:45 pm »
He pulled his wrist back to show the world what a nasty unrepentant racist Luis Suarez is in refusing to shake a black man's hand.

That's it isn't it? If he'd just moved along the line I'd of shrugged my shoulders and said both players did what they felt was best, but it's the way he waits until the moments passed, then tries to pull him back as if to claim the moral high ground. And now people accuse Suarez while saying nothing of Evra's initial snub. Clever little cock.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1451 on: February 11, 2012, 05:51:56 pm »
Let's see if there's going to be more attention on this:

http://www.football365.com/manchester-united/7506181/confiscated-all-copies

There is an article about it in the Mail.  It is a horrible, pathetic publication, but they are entirely within their rights to print and distribute it.  The same applies to the fanzine.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline SmithyTheRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1452 on: February 11, 2012, 05:52:21 pm »
Anyone else think Gerrard looked like he was carrying an injury, looked like he was playing at 50% at times. Seemed slower too.

And I thought it was just me who thought that.

Yeh I thought Stevie wasn't going at it full pelt today. Normally he's really up for the Utd games. Can't remember him breaking into the box once or steaming into a tackle. Maybe it's just too many games too quick after the long lay off.
Red

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1453 on: February 11, 2012, 05:52:47 pm »

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1454 on: February 11, 2012, 05:52:58 pm »
I think it's safe to say Suarez will never move to United and Evra wouldn't to Liverpool.

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
« Reply #1455 on: February 11, 2012, 05:53:37 pm »
But why Stussy? If Suarez had been falsely outted as a paedophile, should he shake the hand of the guy who wrote the story? I know it's not exactly the same thing but they're two similar issues in regards of the fact that you're forever tarnished even by the accusation of racism. Evra has fucked up Suarez's image for the rest of his life. I can see why he doesn't want to shake his hand.

... And at the same time, for all his lying and how his story changed, if Evra was genuinely offended by what Suarez said back in October then fair play, I don't see why he has to shake Suarez's hand either.

The hand shake is a nothing. They don't like each other, it's a pointless ritual. It's lip-service to a quintessential British ideal of fair play and sportsmanship that simply doesn't exist.

They don't like each other, they're both well within their rights to ignore the others attempt at a handshake, whoever it was that pulled away.

Spot on mate IMO.
What is the point in a disingenuous handshake just to keep the frothing media masses happy.
The 2 players hate each other.
Happens everywhere everyday.
This nauseating media-driven bullshit that football should be sanitised to the extent that all players are buddies is a joke
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1456 on: February 11, 2012, 05:53:39 pm »
Sky are wankers.

Before the game: "We need to draw a line under the whole thing and people need to stop speaking about it"

2mins before KO there is a montage on Suarez/Evra

HT: Talk about it for 15 minutes

FT: Talk about it some more. Question both managers on it.

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1457 on: February 11, 2012, 05:53:50 pm »
Wonder what this guy made of it all?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1458 on: February 11, 2012, 05:54:30 pm »
i've gone back on my view
i really don't know if suarez was going to shake his hand or not
i think evra thought that he wasn't so didn't fully extend it and was deliberately going to make a big deal out of it if he didn't (see evra grinning) and then winding up suarez at half time and full time. an arsenal fan give me his perspective (he doesnt like liverpool at all) that all this made him doubt evra's racist claim against suarez because he clearly is not in the least bothered. if you were bothered you wouldn't behave like he did.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #1459 on: February 11, 2012, 05:54:46 pm »
They played poorly and against a team that actually made them pay for it this time instead of just getting lucky and skating by.

Really hope they keep up their cup form, because at this rate the only way to Europe is through there now. It's starting to feel like the team is a student who needs to ace all his exams from now on to get a C.

Offline montysmum

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1460 on: February 11, 2012, 05:55:13 pm »
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Dmode101

• Kopite
  • Being a reds fan is like match day, everyday.
« Reply #1461 on: February 11, 2012, 05:56:13 pm »
the fucker lowered his hands down at 0:30 when suarez approaches!!!!!! thats more than enough of prove finally!! now the manc fans are trying to flood the youtube with the hidden angle dat didnt shown it!!!
lets show evra up for whart he is!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/80Oed8OT4vw&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/80Oed8OT4vw&amp;feature=related</a>
If you judge people for what they are not who they are, you will make genuine friends rather than friends of circumstance.

Offline Suárez_7

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1462 on: February 11, 2012, 05:56:19 pm »
I'm looking at The "handshake" here and I have slowed it right down. For me anyway it's clear as day Suarez is initially leaning towards the prick with his hand out, and as the prick lowers his hand Suarez's body shape moves in the direction of their keeper.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1463 on: February 11, 2012, 05:56:33 pm »
Wonder what this guy made of it all?

Is that Suarez's sister's?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
« Reply #1464 on: February 11, 2012, 05:56:39 pm »
Luis Suarez @luis16suarez

We lost and we are sad because we have made a big effort... Disappointed because everything is not that it seems...

well Suarez himself made a big effort but not the rest of the team.
If Kuyt played then Johnson should have been left back and kelly at right back with Carroll up front to hold the ball up and let us have some possession.

Then we would have been much more solid. Enrique didnt look sharp and Valencia took him apart while Johnson was all over the place and half asleep.
Skrtel and Agger did there usual stuff while Reina unfortunately let one slip through his legs unlike against Bale.
Downing was a waste of time, money and space.
Kuyt did little better defensively but once again atrocious at offence yet there was no need for him as Giggs isnt going to fly by him(although he looked more lively then most of our players), should have had
Bellamy from the start.
Gerrard had spurts of forward runs which were not on same wavelength and looked out of battery by second half. Hendo put himself about but without much effect. All our players were so reckless and unware of surroundings and most of them did the Carra thing and boot it everytime the ball came near them.
It was a sad game to watch, the goal was a lucky goal with a lucky finish and it really flattered the scoreline. It could have been 3,4 to them.

Kennys original plan didnt look too good but it worked till 1st half yet when they scored 2 goals in quick time. Subs should have been on straight away but it took them more then 10min to come on and even then we only went forward and pressed in short spells.
The attitude of our players were disgusting and unfitting to wear the shirt.
no hunger, no determination. they just gave up even after we got a goal back.
It seemed like they didnt want to play and just compete in the cup games, there was genuine chance
we could get 4th but after this performance not sure if they want to.
Chelsea losing still gives us lifeline which is unbelievable. would have been good if Arsenal lost but
they came back and won so we are 7th and looking like we will stay here.
Going to be a sad week and not confident about Arsenal. Probably a draw...
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline Red Mouse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1465 on: February 11, 2012, 05:57:24 pm »

Offline nittinivala

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1466 on: February 11, 2012, 05:58:16 pm »
i also thought gerrard was stuck having to play too defensively today. not having lucas hurt us a lot

Most of the second half Stevie just walked around.Where ever you play you just can not do that.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #1467 on: February 11, 2012, 05:58:26 pm »
Before the match he said they chatted. After the match he said they didn't. c*nts

Other way round isn't it?

Changed his story to suit the circumstances.  What a fucking shock.

Still can't get over his "sell Suarez" remark.  Who the FUCK does he think he is ALWAYS commenting about what he thinks is 'best' for our club?
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1468 on: February 11, 2012, 05:58:51 pm »
See that "Logout" button?.....................

Is there one for being a football fan?

Im pretty close
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1469 on: February 11, 2012, 05:59:17 pm »
BBC main news just described the game as "ill tempered". The media do love to make their own agenda don't they. 2 bookings and hardly a bad challenge
+6 ticket exchange

Offline -Q-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1470 on: February 11, 2012, 06:00:05 pm »
Suarez is going along, hand out.  Evra pulls his hand down and away - just a little, so much that Suarez would have to reach down to take it, but not so far that it shows clearly that he is pulling out of it, Luis was willing to shake his hand, but wouldn't chase it, why give the smarmy little git the satisfaction? He moves on to De Gea and Evra realises he didn't get one over on Luis and reacts angrily, knowing that headlines will be critical of Suarez for not going searching for his hand.
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1471 on: February 11, 2012, 06:00:18 pm »

careful Baz you''ll get accused of being a manc

Offline Suárez_7

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1472 on: February 11, 2012, 06:00:40 pm »
Anyone know how to embed a flash video here from your desktop, or some site I could upload this one.

Offline montysmum

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1473 on: February 11, 2012, 06:00:49 pm »

It obviously depends on the angles the images come from.

Looking at it in slow mo on the telly it looks as if suarez takes his hand across Evra to the goalie and then Evra grabs his arm, from other images it looks differently.

Offline Dmode101

• Kopite
  • Being a reds fan is like match day, everyday.
« Reply #1474 on: February 11, 2012, 06:00:55 pm »
BBC main news just described the game as "ill tempered". The media do love to make their own agenda don't they. 2 bookings and hardly a bad challenge

there was a bad challenge - evra on ferdinand. pity it wasnt bad enough.
If you judge people for what they are not who they are, you will make genuine friends rather than friends of circumstance.

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #1475 on: February 11, 2012, 06:01:19 pm »
Just sucks to see that Spearing was not good enough. His injury and red card didn't allow the team to properly see that he's not good enough to be our one defensive midfielder for a top 4 run(I still think that's in our reach). 60 minutes and not one tackle for the kid. I would've started him just as Kenny did, mind.

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1476 on: February 11, 2012, 06:01:53 pm »
We all know about the Suarez and Evra past so don't need me to say any more, apart from it all starting with Ferguson's comments about him 'diving', that's when the witch hunt started then.

Regarding the game, some of the players never stepped up today which was dissapointing. The midfield was really poor including some who already had a point to prove. At the moment the Cup final team is picking it self and the other players can't complain when they don't make it.

The positives; centre halfs played ok, Johnson was good and Adam was influential when he came on. The negatives were all to be seen. My biggest dissapointment at the moment is with Henderson and Downing.

Really think we need to start playing around Carroll because that's what suits this squad.

Brighton next week and the final coming up, hopefully we can produce our cup form once again.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1477 on: February 11, 2012, 06:01:59 pm »
Still can't get over his "sell Suarez" remark.  Who the FUCK does he think he is ALWAYS commenting about what he thinks is 'good' for our club?

Pretty much accepted this week nothing will be commented upon Ferguson's comments and we'll get all the shit from the press. No problems with the way Kenny's handled all of this, as an all out 'Fuck you' to everyone but we'll have to expect shit from it. I just hope we start winning games in the league because the we can still get fourth despite not playing well today.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline -Q-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1478 on: February 11, 2012, 06:02:19 pm »
Is there one for being a football fan?

Im pretty close

I'm already there.  I hate football and all its trappings.  I hate the footballing authorities, the diving, the cheating, the lies, the manipulation, the disgracefully shallow and unintelligent media. 

However, I love Liverpool and that will never change, I will support my club through anything and everything.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #1479 on: February 11, 2012, 06:02:24 pm »
there was a bad challenge - evra on ferdinand. pity it wasnt bad enough.

Best challenge of the game!
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."