Author Topic: Tottenham Terminate Terrible Tim  (Read 1222668 times)

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: Just how good are Spurs?
« Reply #360 on: January 10, 2012, 06:38:53 pm »
Anybody know how long King is out for ?

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: January 10, 2012, 06:52:14 pm »
He's done great Harry to do what he's done at Spurs, took them from the bottom of the table, to Champions League quarter finals and title challengers in about 3 seasons?

Unbelievable

Aside from the "bottom of the table" misnomer - they'd had a poor start following on from a season where they finished 11th and won their first trophy in ages. Arguably finished so low that season because they'd sacked the manager who had got them to 5th twice in a row and whisker away from a Champions League qualifier - I agree.

Redknapp was a good fit though and he's done a good job in conjunction with Levy, especially in not being bullied by clubs with bigger budgets (over Modric - oh that we had done the same with Torres), got the most out of Bale, King and made some shrewd signings this summer to add to a decent team in Friedel, Adebayor (albeit on loan) and Parker.

Only time will tell if they can keep it up for the rest of the season and/or whether their financial resources are being stretched on the hope that they can get back into the CL.

Offline RuncornRed25

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: January 11, 2012, 09:54:45 pm »
I never thought I would say this but I reckon this lot can win the league

City are undoudtedly still favourites but I have question marks they can get over the finish line with all the pressure considering they havent done it before their a good side but ive yet to see them show any grit when when things arent going their way,

man u you should never write off but I dont think they have enough creativity to win it this year i'm sure they'll regroup in the summer and be back stronger but not this year for me

Spurs are a great team unit and will be dangerous without no pressure I think its possible now their three points behind

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #363 on: January 11, 2012, 10:03:21 pm »
Wouldn't be too surprised to see them finish second. They could even go one better, as bizarre as it feels to say that.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: January 11, 2012, 10:04:53 pm »
I tell you what, with us beating City so comfortably and Spurs coming now within 3 points of them, Spurs will be going to bed tonight with the most confidence in their squad and their chances of winning the league.  And I don't think they're wrong.  Are City favourites still?  I guess so, but really only by a fraction.  A lot will be decided when the two sides meet in 10 days.  Big one that.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: January 11, 2012, 10:06:02 pm »
had spurs been playing us in a semi final tonight they could have filled their ground 3 x over no problem, far bigger than city.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #366 on: January 11, 2012, 10:12:24 pm »
Would be seriously pissed off if they won the league, but they won't so no need to worry.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: January 11, 2012, 10:13:05 pm »
As much as I want to knock them, they're 3 points off the top after 20 games.  The wankers

Still, they've got a tough second half of the season, they don't rotate that much and I can't really remember them having too much go against them.  They must be due a period where nothing quite goes for them.  Through gritted teeth, I have to say they're pretty good.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #368 on: January 11, 2012, 10:13:41 pm »
Rather them than United to be honest.  But they won't.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #369 on: January 11, 2012, 10:23:16 pm »
Dont mind spurs to be honest. Just dont like their manager very much.

Much rather they won the league then either manchester club. Cant see it happening though.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #370 on: January 11, 2012, 10:23:26 pm »
Looks like they are quite good now. However, they will get their socks knocked off against Man City pretty soon....

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #371 on: January 11, 2012, 10:25:04 pm »
they are good at something we are not... finishing off the teams further down the league at home. their away form ain't too shabby either.

however, spurs next ten games are as follows

wolves home
man city away
wigan home
liverpool away
newcastle home
arsenal away
man utd home
everton away
stoke home
chelsea away

they are playing all of their rivals at the top away, bar man utd who they have at home. it's going to be a tough couple of months for them.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #372 on: January 11, 2012, 10:26:18 pm »
Looks like they are quite good now. However, they will get their socks knocked off against Man City pretty soon....

I dont think they will unless City can get Silva back sharpish.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: January 11, 2012, 10:26:34 pm »
I think they could do it, they have had a good run and the right games seem to come at the right times for them, looks like they will now face City at just the right time with several players missing and could face a Newcastle team missing Ba and Tiote. Then of course their closest rivals will be playing catch up once the Europa Lg starts back up.
Brace yourselves lads.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: January 11, 2012, 10:28:43 pm »
this spurs reminds me of the risdale era leeds. still can't see them pulling it off but they do consistently beat the teams they should on paper. wish we could do the same.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: January 11, 2012, 10:33:23 pm »
I fully expect Spurs to finish in the top 4, along with the two Manchester clubs. Which leaves one place up for grabs in terms of CL qualification, if i had to hedge my bets right now i'd put the smart money on Arsenal has Wenger has been there and done it for almost 2 decades.

Back to the topic though, Spurs have one if not the most balanced attack in the premier league, if they had a defence to match they would almost certainly be a strong contender for the title IMO. Whatever you say about twitchy face he's created a very strong team at White Heart Lane.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: January 11, 2012, 10:44:16 pm »
what odds are they for the league now?

i see assou ekotto scored his once in three years screamer today like he did against us a few years back.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: January 11, 2012, 11:06:18 pm »
A more balanced team than city, there I said it.

City might have better individual players but the team is very much broken compared to spurs how have creativity deeper in midfield while city don't as neither de jong, barry and even toure are great passers of the ball.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #378 on: January 11, 2012, 11:06:54 pm »
However, they will get their socks knocked off against Man City pretty soon....

I don't think they will, you know.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: January 11, 2012, 11:07:48 pm »
I don't think they will, you know.

Only thing I think will be undoing against city is that there best striker is actually a city player.

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #380 on: January 11, 2012, 11:14:02 pm »
Opta Sports @OptaJoe 5m  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
45 - Spurs have more points after 20 games than the eventual champions have had at this stage in 10 of 19 previous PL seasons. Contenders.
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #381 on: January 11, 2012, 11:24:41 pm »
If Redknapp adds to them as shrewdly as he did in the summer, I can see them being up there until the end of the season. If he doesn't add to them, I think they'll end up battling for fourth.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #382 on: January 11, 2012, 11:36:01 pm »
They'll go close. Really close.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: January 11, 2012, 11:42:10 pm »
they're evidence that if you get the balance of your side going forward right in this league, anything is possible. i don't particularly rate them defensively, especially at fullback or without king but you'll get away with it most weeks as 80% of this league is dross.

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #384 on: January 11, 2012, 11:54:26 pm »
Fucking sick to death of this team. They've become the new "In" club to root for over here. All of the sudden, I'm talking to "supporters" who didn't even know that Keane and Berbatov played for them.  :no
The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline d gorgeous one haz spoken

• and said "You're ugly"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: January 12, 2012, 12:07:31 am »
I'm talking to "supporters" who didn't even know that Keane and Berbatov played for them.  :no

Yes played for them, they are not in their side right now..

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #386 on: January 12, 2012, 12:12:29 am »
They've taken full advantage of showing how distinctly average and inconsistent every team is in the league. I only think City (when they have everyone available) are a league above everyone else. Anyone can beat anyone in this league at the moment which makes it the best league in the world to watch. Spurs are playing at their peak at the moment and fully deserve to be 2nd. However, an injury to VDV, Bale or Modric would seriously hamper their challenge.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #387 on: January 12, 2012, 12:15:26 am »
they're evidence that if you get the balance of your side going forward right in this league, anything is possible. i don't particularly rate them defensively, especially at fullback or without king but you'll get away with it most weeks as 80% of this league is dross.

Agreed, and I'd say exactly the same thing about Man U if you replace King with Vidic.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: January 12, 2012, 12:19:02 am »
Fucking sick to death of this team. They've become the new "In" club to root for over here. All of the sudden, I'm talking to "supporters" who didn't even know that Keane and Berbatov played for them.  :no

I fucking hate spurs. And I hate people thy latch on to the current team that are punching above their weight but inevitably will win fuck all.

Spurs are doing tremendous this season and have a great 1st 11. But could they keep it up for 6 games with 3/4 injuries to key players? I doubt it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: January 12, 2012, 12:21:33 am »
I fucking hate spurs. And I hate people thy latch on to the current team that are punching above their weight but inevitably will win fuck all.

Spurs are doing tremendous this season and have a great 1st 11. But could they keep it up for 6 games with 3/4 injuries to key players? I doubt it.

You could say that about Arsenal, Liverpool and United though.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #390 on: January 12, 2012, 12:28:28 am »
Would people rather they won the league than either of the Mancs? Or would it just be more painful that another side wins it (City winning it could be written off to an extent in the way Chelsea's could be)?

That said, they and United both have nearly all their big games to come away from home. City (and us and Arsenal for that matter) have most of the teams around us to come at home.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: January 12, 2012, 01:22:27 am »

Exactly. We struggle to beat teams with big players out. Same goes for man u and arsenal. Spurs haven't had that yet.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #392 on: January 12, 2012, 01:33:28 am »
Yes played for them, they are not in their side right now..

:butt :butt :butt
The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: January 12, 2012, 02:08:01 am »
Can't stand their fans, fucking hate them infact.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: January 12, 2012, 02:09:35 am »

You might aswell add city too. A major injury to silva and that is the sort performance you get from them, a team slow in possession and one that lacks the final pass. Before anyone mentions nasri he can't do that job hell he didn't even do it at arsenal it was fabregas and wilshere to extent that covered the role of the teams main playmaker.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #395 on: January 12, 2012, 10:36:16 am »
I would laugh my head off if Spurs somehow manage to win the league.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: January 12, 2012, 10:39:26 am »
Can't stand their fans, fucking hate them infact.

Tommy_W is pretty sound.

I don't really like Spurs, and despise 'Arry, but I'd rather them than either of the Mancs to be honest. Still, think City, Spurs, United, Arsenal will be the top 4 with us a close and frustrating 5th.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: January 12, 2012, 10:48:29 am »
Would people rather they won the league than either of the Mancs? Or would it just be more painful that another side wins it (City winning it could be written off to an extent in the way Chelsea's could be)?

That said, they and United both have nearly all their big games to come away from home. City (and us and Arsenal for that matter) have most of the teams around us to come at home.

Id prefer if they won it as Im on at 14/1  ;D

ONly 1 spurs supporter I know too whos allright so wouldnt have too much gloating where Im from.
The bonus of engurland getting arry the saviour also helps..-)
bollocks

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: January 12, 2012, 10:56:27 am »

I'd rather Man City won it than Spurs, I think. The wankfest would be unbearable. Plus, I think if Spurs actually won the league they could really push on and make it even harder for us to win it in the future.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: January 12, 2012, 04:36:09 pm »
I'd rather City won the league that Spurs.  I can't stand their arrogant fans who think they are too good for the Europa league after one season in the CL. #willalwaysbesmalltime
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city