Author Topic: Tottenham Terminate Terrible Tim  (Read 1222655 times)

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
Re: Just how good are Spurs?
« Reply #560 on: April 30, 2012, 07:39:25 pm »
Go look at the spurs forum, 99% of them want him out while he has them sitting 4th and got to an FA Cup semi final.
The Spurs fans I know have been giving him shit much longer than the last few months. He was getting it in the neck last season, just months after making them Champions of Europe.

Offline Suarez 7

• Please Ban Andy, Please Please, Please!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring Rafa Home.
« Reply #561 on: April 30, 2012, 07:43:29 pm »
The Spurs fans I know have been giving him shit much longer than the last few months. He was getting it in the neck last season, just months after making them Champions of Europe.

Sums them  up. They were claiming Mourinho was coming to them, and how they were far to good for Rafa.
Rafa Benitez. The man who made us dream again.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #562 on: April 30, 2012, 07:57:11 pm »
don't see the problem with harry leaving myself.

they need a manager who can take them up a level now.if this is a long term project levy will know that they might stutter a couple of years before making a solid push....and if they stutter a couple of years enough time for us to catch up.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #563 on: April 30, 2012, 08:54:11 pm »
I'd rather he went to be honest. I appreciate the job hes done, and hes got us playing some lovely stuff at times - but I want to win some bloody trophies! Thats what the game is all about in my opinion, and we haven't even looked likely to win anything under Harry. Mainly because hes treated most of the cup competitions with complete disdain.

Not too sure about a replacement. Definitely not Moyes or Brendan Rodgers though! I wouldn't be against Benitez if he was interested. I wasn't a big fan of him at Liverpool to be honest, but I think he could probably get us challenging for trophies on a regular basis. I just want a winner basically. Someone that can inject that mentality into the players so they don't cave in as soon as something goes against them (like in the FA Cup semi final)

Spurs winning trophies?

Everybody knows they only win a cup when there's a one in the year.  That was last year mate.  Spurs have never done anything in the league since the 60's from what I remember.  Redknapp made you a half decent club again.  Why the fook would you want toget rid of him and get back to winning fook all with the odd relegation thrown in for good measure?

;D
Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: May 1, 2012, 11:06:05 am »
That seems massively arrogant. I mean even if Levy has a top manager lined up, as we saw with Ramos, it would be quite a risk but to do it when Spurs have had their best run in donkey's years...suicidal.

I disagree.  I think a good manager would keep them in the top 4 by injecting some fresh ideas and ensuring that the current (good) players maintain their focus.  Look at how Rafa took Cuper's team to the next level and Pep did the same with an already good Barcelona team.  It's just about making sure you get the RIGHT man rather than Moyes or Rodgers.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #565 on: May 1, 2012, 11:10:39 am »
I'd be amazed if Spurs let Harry go , only way I seen it was if he got the England Job and spurs got compensation as well.

Doesn't he still have a few years on his contract

If Harry didn't put all his effort into staying in the top 4 and gave the cups more priority , I could see spurs winning a domestic cup very soon.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2012, 11:13:06 am by rocco »

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: May 1, 2012, 11:22:51 am »
Doesn't he still have a few years on his contract

1 year I think

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #567 on: May 1, 2012, 11:24:47 am »
I disagree.  I think a good manager would keep them in the top 4 by injecting some fresh ideas and ensuring that the current (good) players maintain their focus.  Look at how Rafa took Cuper's team to the next level and Pep did the same with an already good Barcelona team.  It's just about making sure you get the RIGHT man rather than Moyes or Rodgers.
What is Spurs' track record of hiring the right man like?

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: May 1, 2012, 11:31:53 am »
Still amazed he didn't get the England job as Arry seems more of a short term get yourself out there and enjoy your football motivational type.
He's never really built a legacy at a club including Tottenham who have a decent first 11 capable of playing good attacking football but as a whole there squad looks flaky as fuck.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: May 1, 2012, 11:32:23 am »
Thus shielding him from all blame when Spurs regain their rightful place amongst the Everton and the Villa's of the world.

Mainly because of that fact that it would be about as much his fault as Rafa was at fault for Hodgson's debacle.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: May 1, 2012, 12:56:59 pm »
What is Spurs' track record of hiring the right man like?

Not great but then Spurs are likely to suffer from the 3 year itch that many clubs experience under the same manager so, with Arry they're unlikely to do as well as they have done over the past couple of seasons anyway.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Suarez 7

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Rafa Home.
« Reply #571 on: May 1, 2012, 01:23:14 pm »
I love that Levy though he was getting 10M for the droopy faced fuck, now he might need to pay off Redknapp :lmao

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: May 1, 2012, 01:26:09 pm »
Unbelievable really how far Redknapps stock has fallen in a few months.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline Suarez 7

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Rafa Home.
« Reply #573 on: May 20, 2012, 07:15:28 pm »
Remember a few months ago when they thought they were going to win the title, sign Eden Hazard, and were getting Jose Mourinho as there next manager?

How gutting must it be to be a Spurs fan now.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #574 on: May 20, 2012, 07:17:42 pm »
Remember a few months ago when they thought they were going to win the title, sign Eden Hazard, and were getting Jose Mourinho as there next manager?

Must be even more gutting, when they had seemingly locked up third before Redknapp was linked with the England job

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #575 on: May 20, 2012, 07:22:42 pm »

So true. My God their world might have disintegrated last night

Thats one hell of a hit in a 2 hour game of football to a clubs future. And they werent even playing
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline thereader

• Weerrrdapeeepeeehllllllll!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: May 20, 2012, 07:26:56 pm »
I do think it's a bit of a daft rule, can a slot not be saved for the winners without someone else having to drop out?

I realise there's the traditional idea that 4th shouldn't earn the Champions League anyway but that's not really the point, the rules are what they are, and triumphs such as Istanbul 2005 were thanks to 4th place. 

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #577 on: May 20, 2012, 07:28:39 pm »
Be surprised if Bale or Modric are both there next season now.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: May 20, 2012, 07:28:44 pm »
old mate of mine is a spurs fan, very much feel for him

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: May 20, 2012, 07:29:03 pm »
I think the rule only applies to countries with 4 champions league places so its pretty fair, 5 clubs from the same league is too much.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #580 on: May 20, 2012, 07:29:36 pm »
old mate of mine is a spurs fan, very much feel for him
I would have laughed in his face....

But I'm mean like that ;)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #581 on: May 20, 2012, 07:30:24 pm »
I do think it's a bit of a daft rule, can a slot not be saved for the winners without someone else having to drop out?

I realise there's the traditional idea that 4th shouldn't earn the Champions League anyway but that's not really the point, the rules are what they are, and triumphs such as Istanbul 2005 were thanks to 4th place. 

Well Everton were given special treatment to go in that year but they were robbed of European Glory and winning all before them and 25 titles on the trot by a bald ref
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline thereader

• Weerrrdapeeepeeehllllllll!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: May 20, 2012, 07:46:59 pm »
Well Everton were given special treatment to go in that year but they were robbed of European Glory and winning all before them and 25 titles on the trot by a bald ref
I remember that, James fucking Beattie scored in the tie I think. 

I just feel it creates a bit of an unfair situation where a team has been fighting and focussing to get in the top 4 all season only for something totally outside their control to deny them the place and possibly see their squad change for the worst due to the lost revenue. 

From Spurs' point of view throwing away 3rd has been incredibly costly. 

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: May 20, 2012, 08:01:39 pm »
From Spurs' point of view throwing away 3rd has been incredibly costly. 

And how vital was it for Arsenal to come back against West Brom and win. I'd feel sorry for Tottenham if Redknapp wasn't there.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: May 20, 2012, 08:14:56 pm »
I'd rather he went to be honest. I appreciate the job hes done, and hes got us playing some lovely stuff at times - but I want to win some bloody trophies! Thats what the game is all about in my opinion, and we haven't even looked likely to win anything under Harry. Mainly because hes treated most of the cup competitions with complete disdain.

Not too sure about a replacement. Definitely not Moyes or Brendan Rodgers though! I wouldn't be against Benitez if he was interested. I wasn't a big fan of him at Liverpool to be honest, but I think he could probably get us challenging for trophies on a regular basis. I just want a winner basically. Someone that can inject that mentality into the players so they don't cave in as soon as something goes against them (like in the FA Cup semi final)

So now, possibly, we have a situation in which Kenny Dalglish gets the sack (against the wishes of the supporters)  for winning trophies and not getting 4th, while Harry Redknapp is let go (with the blessing of the supporters) for winning no trophies while focussing on getting a newly meaningless 4th. Funny old game, eh?

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: May 20, 2012, 08:25:23 pm »
And how vital was it for Arsenal to come back against West Brom and win. I'd feel sorry for Tottenham if Redknapp wasn't there.

They'll be making a statue of Fulop for that one...

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: May 21, 2012, 08:19:19 am »
Any links to their forums. Must be devastating for them. Arsenal just 1 point above them.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #587 on: May 21, 2012, 08:23:12 am »
Fourth place and no 'Champions' League.

Terrible, terrible season for Spurs

:)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: May 21, 2012, 08:46:44 am »
Bad for Spurs, good for us if they lose out on some of there best players. I just hope droopy stays there another season or they may get a manager capable of pushing them up a level.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #589 on: May 21, 2012, 08:47:16 am »
It would be amusing if they keep him, then the inevitable happens and Hodgson is sacked after the Euros.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #590 on: May 21, 2012, 09:39:25 am »

I think it's unfair - as you say, UEFA should reserve a spot for the holders and, when the draw is made and you see the nationality on the slip (or indeed any other table, etc, during the course of the competition) it should read 'UEFA' (or show their logo instead).

At least that there'd be a benefit (Everton into the Europa League, in this instance) rather than a drawback (Spurs dropping down a tier, despite qualifying fairly and squarely for the initial draws).

Feel for them really - would be absolutely gutted in the same scenario.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: May 21, 2012, 12:44:37 pm »
If Bolton had won the FA cup would they have stayed up at West Hams expense?  :D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: May 21, 2012, 04:20:41 pm »
bale will stay for another year but modric will almost certainly go.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: May 21, 2012, 04:21:37 pm »
If Bolton had won the FA cup would they have stayed up at West Hams expense?  :D

Nope they would just be in the Europa League & Championship next season.

Just like Birmingham last year.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #594 on: May 21, 2012, 04:45:41 pm »
Spurs have had no issues spending while out of the Champions League before, so I doubt this will massively weaken them. Got a decent wage structure haven't they?

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: May 21, 2012, 04:50:43 pm »
Saturday night was a bit of a kick in the bollocks for sure. Can't have too many complaints though - we were 12 or 13 points ahead of 4th place at one stage. Was a bit of an embarassing collapse. Fully expecting Modric to leave this Summer now. Not THAT bothered. Hes been one of the worst performers the past 2 or 3 months - along with Bale funnily enough  ;D

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #596 on: May 21, 2012, 04:54:07 pm »
This was always going to be a huge summer for Spurs.

Even more so now they've not got Champions League football next season.

If they managed to get Remy and Vertonghen in they'll be on the right tracks. Be interesting to see how not being in the Champions League affects their recruitment though. Levy wont let Redknapp spend money that isn't there.

Offline vitri

• Pool Baron (on away goals). Shit scared of Enemy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pro-Rafa. Hates it when people say "EPL"
« Reply #597 on: May 21, 2012, 04:58:25 pm »
This was always going to be a huge summer for Spurs.

Even more so now they've not got Champions League football next season.

If they managed to get Remy and Vertonghen in they'll be on the right tracks. Be interesting to see how not being in the Champions League affects their recruitment though. Levy wont let Redknapp spend money that isn't there.

Although as it happens, Spurs are well-backed so money isn't necessarily an issue.

I get the feeling there's a little suspicion over Redknapp and his nous in the market - it looks to me like Levy makes sure he's ultimately the one with the final say. He's never let Harry run amok with the credit card, has he? But then this summer could be big in that respect, especially if they don't hold on to the obvious names. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.
Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #598 on: May 21, 2012, 10:24:48 pm »
I'd like to Congratulate Tottenham on beating Everton to the new record of the shortest stay in the champions league ever. Well done
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #599 on: May 21, 2012, 10:25:29 pm »
I'd like to Congratulate Tottenham on beating Everton to the new record of the shortest stay in the champions league ever. Well done

;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.