Author Topic: Tottenham Terminate Terrible Tim  (Read 1220784 times)

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Tottenham Terminate Terrible Tim
« on: November 22, 2011, 01:22:44 am »
Their run now is imperious, WHL a fortress. If Manchester City collapse at any point, Spurs will be serious contenders. Forget fourth, they can go all the way.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 02:12:08 pm by Impolite King Brian Blessed »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Just how good are Spurs?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 01:23:53 am »
 ::)

Arry is a genius

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 01:29:43 am »
Jesus Messi said it, so it must be true.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 01:31:25 am »
we are not far behind..we can go all the way as well

but i have to admit, they have cracking side...
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 01:33:44 am »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 01:40:51 am »
Very good, better side than we have not that many would admit it.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 01:54:38 am »
I said earlier on Twitter that Spurs have an advance on teams like Arsenal - Chelsea - Liverpool due to the fact we've all lost players or gained that are key.

Arsenal - Cesc + Per + Arteta + Gervinho
Liverpool - Torres, Raul + Adam + Henderson + Downing + Carrol + Suarez
Chelsea + Mata, + Torres + Raul + Luiz

Spurs + Parker

Looking at this quick draft of my mind Spurs have a season on everyone as they have great depth in every position and have team work and familiarity where as the above will battle for fourth due to new management + players.

Super quick edit: They last lost 5-1 to City in the league but they had a poor start to the season in having a tough run in which could help in the bid for fourth but they have the following 5 games coming up:

West Brom A = Win
Bolton H = Win
Stoke A = Draw
Sunderland H = Win
Chelsea H = Draw.

It's will be close this season very tight for sure.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:56:46 am by FernandoSusoLFC »

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 01:59:50 am »
My spurs supporting mate said they have the 2nd best squad in the league after City I obviously muttered & spluttered about it, sad to say I found it difficult to disagree with him. When they have all their players fit (i.e King & Dawson fit) they've got a as good a starting 11 as anyone else in 'the pack' if you like.

Mind you I don't think there's a huge amount of difference between us, ourselves & Chelsea. Arsenal are riding the crest of a wave at the moment & I fully expect the wheels to fall off at some point.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 02:01:35 am »

West Brom A = Win
Bolton H = Win
Stoke A = Draw
Sunderland H = Win
Chelsea H = Draw.

They'll beat Stoke at home, I also fancy them against Chelsea at home. Not sure they'll get much joy at Sunderland though.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 02:07:17 am »
My spurs supporting mate said they have the 2nd best squad in the league after City I obviously muttered & spluttered about it, sad to say I found it difficult to disagree with him. When they have all their players fit (i.e King & Dawson fit) they've got a as good a starting 11 as anyone else in 'the pack' if you like.

Mind you I don't think there's a huge amount of difference between us, ourselves & Chelsea. Arsenal are riding the crest of a wave at the moment & I fully expect the wheels to fall off at some point.

They have the best midfield or it's on par with City's X1 easily

Bale - Modric - VDV (CAM) - Parker - Lennon

Adebayor

That is very tasty indeed. They have Parker as CDM who does a stern job then two very fast players and one of them can cross the ball whereas the other is over rated IMO. They also have VDV who is playing off Adebayor feeding him the ball and creating chances. Modric the dictator of the game for them and Adebayor just bangs them in.

4-5-1 is working and if they can keep on to Adebayor then they'll be great I can see why they've wanted Llorente now if they really wanted a striker like that they could scoop Cavani with prospect of Champions League football if they are there come January.

Who knows but Harry has stated mutiple times they can't afford Adebayor's 160k a week wages and no surprise as no Spurs player is on 100k a week. Harry has stated that it is wrong I remember and treating other's different (long time ago but it was to Sky).

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 02:07:36 am »
They have a good schedule and could keep their run up for quiet some games. But they have a tougher schedule in 2012.

They'll definitely compete for fourth place though.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 02:12:35 am »
Their season hinges on four key factors IMO:

1) Keeping Adebayor interested long enough. Adebayor has this tendency of starting his spell at every new club in a blistering fashion before seemingly losing interest in the cause. Spurs need him as much as we need Suarez simply because he is the only top class centre-forward they have.
2) Keeping Ledley King fit. If King is fit for 25+ league games, Spurs will DEFINITELY finish in the top 4.
3) 'Arry's court case. Remains to be seen how the judgement goes on that one, but it will definitely have an impact on their season. 'Arry will be heavily reliant on his chums from the press to take the heat off him during this period.
4) The Europa league KO rounds. Once the Europa league reaches the knockout rounds, Redknapp cannot justify trotting out a weakened side for every fixture. So, it will be interesting to see how they manage to combine the workload of playing on a Thursday night and then playing again on a Sunday(or a Monday). Last season, Spurs fell apart domestically when they reached the knockout rounds of the CL. It remains to be seen if 'Arry's learnt from experience.

If Spurs can get all these 4 factors working for them, then I can even see them finishing 2nd in the league. Still feel City are far too strong for anyone in this league barring a major catastrophe of Wenger-esque proportions.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 02:36:41 am »
I said earlier on Twitter that Spurs have an advance on teams like Arsenal - Chelsea - Liverpool due to the fact we've all lost players or gained that are key.

Arsenal - Cesc + Per + Arteta + Gervinho
Liverpool - Torres, Raul + Adam + Henderson + Downing + Carrol + Suarez
Chelsea + Mata, + Torres + Raul + Luiz

Spurs + Parker

Looking at this quick draft of my mind Spurs have a season on everyone as they have great depth in every position and have team work and familiarity where as the above will battle for fourth due to new management + players.

Super quick edit: They last lost 5-1 to City in the league but they had a poor start to the season in having a tough run in which could help in the bid for fourth but they have the following 5 games coming up:

West Brom A = Win
Bolton H = Win
Stoke A = Draw
Sunderland H = Win
Chelsea H = Draw.

It's will be close this season very tight for sure.

Chelsea's ridiculously high defensive line   vs. Pace of Spurs' attack ...that'd be a great game

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 03:06:23 am »
Spurs are the best bet for 3rd ATM.Race for 4th between us,Chelsea,Newcastle and Arsenal.Newcastle will eventually drop out.Jeez,that'll be one tough fight on our hands.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 03:24:40 am »
Harry said he was happy to drop out of EL hence weakened sides each week. He ll not bother as much if they go out.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 05:45:59 am »
Great first 11. Don't think they have much else though. Not looking forward to next season when Redknapp leaves, I would imagine their next manager will be up another level. Rafa or Ancelotti I would think. (hope not though)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 05:57:27 am »
Harry Redknapp has done a brilliant job there. If he has any sense he will never accept the England job when it comes his way. He's onto a good thing with Spurs and if they can keep hold of their best players for the next season or two and make some quality additions, who knows what they can achieve. My instinct tells me something will go pear shaped and they will self destruct, but who knows maybe their time is finally coming.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline KUNGFUDANCER

• boring wum who thinks La Liga is on a par with the Scottish Premier League... clueless too... don't bother arguing with me because it will just make your head hurt...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 06:01:18 am »
::)

Arry is a genius
redknapp has done very well with spurs, dont know why people won't give him credit

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 06:10:25 am »
redknapp has done very well with spurs, dont know why people won't give him credit

Because he isn't an exotic manager like Mourinho, Capello or Rafa. He comes across very old school too. But I think he deserves great credit. He's been triffic, and done well for a wheeler dealer. hehe
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 06:47:12 am »
He has done very well. He'd go for the England job though. A part time job managing his country and on an absolute fortune. Harry all over that.

Offline fosspowered

• Legacy Fan
  • More of an IDK than ITK.
    • FOSSPowered
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 06:53:21 am »
If Rafa or Ancelotti get to manage them, they'll be bloody scary.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 07:08:49 am »
Based on the season so far they will finish 2nd or 3rd. Definitely in the champions league places. They have three world class players in Modric, Bale and Van der Vaart, whereas we only have one (Suarez). They have a squad that has played together for a long time and plenty of strenght in depth to cope the whole season. Redknapp is also a better manager (and a tactician) than is given credit for in here.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 07:51:23 am »
Based on the season so far they will finish 2nd or 3rd. Definitely in the champions league places. They have three world class players in Modric, Bale and Van der Vaart, whereas we only have one (Suarez). They have a squad that has played together for a long time and plenty of strenght in depth to cope the whole season. Redknapp is also a better manager (and a tactician) than is given credit for in here.

Gerrard and Reina say Hi

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 07:51:41 am »

Wasn't there an article that he wasn't doing much better than previous managers in their recent history?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 07:58:53 am »
They are very, very good right now.
Modrić staying and playing well gave them the platform for a good season.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 08:08:44 am »
Gerrard and Reina say Hi

Reina is one of the best keepers in the world for sure. It's difficult to compare keepers and outfield players so I'm not sure how many keepers I would label as world class. Gerrard has easily been world class at his best but he has not consistently produced that form for us for two seasons and his peak years are arguably behind him. Right now he is sadly injured too often to have a consistent impact on our team.

Offline steffan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 08:58:08 am »
I know they haven't broken any rules but it just doesn't sit right that Adebayor can be there making a big difference while having the majority of his wage paid by Man City.  Nothing much being said about it in the media though.  Like I said, it's the rules rather than Spurs that are wrong, but it's bugged me since the start of the season!

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 09:10:14 am »
They are alright but i can't see them finishing any higher than 4th.
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 09:16:24 am »
Yes they are decent, and Arry definitely does not get the credit he deserves as a coach and man manager

However, they only really have 1 source of goals at the moment in Adebeyour, and he can run hot and cold, they could struggle to score if he decides the time is right to stop playing.
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 09:24:35 am »
I know they haven't broken any rules but it just doesn't sit right that Adebayor can be there making a big difference while having the majority of his wage paid by Man City.  Nothing much being said about it in the media though.  Like I said, it's the rules rather than Spurs that are wrong, but it's bugged me since the start of the season!

Eh? It's nothing new, teams have been doing that for years.

City want rid of him and will pay his wages just to get him in the transfer spotlight.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2011, 09:30:48 am »
They look very good now, but so do Newcastle. Time will tell if they can keep this form up through the season.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2011, 09:35:28 am »
Very good at the minute but will finish outside top four.

With arry in prison

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2011, 09:40:42 am »
Towards the end of the transfer window I was admittedly quite critical of their summer transfer activity.

They signed what was a massively short term option in goal, a potentially problematic striker who's attitude has proved to be an issue in the past - on loan - and Scott Parker.

In hindsight though, the three of them have made an absolutely massive difference to Spurs, along with Ledley King managing to keep himself fit for what (for him) is a relatively long period of time.

If one of these main players were to pick up an injury though - Parker especially - I think we might see them struggle a little more. Like others have said, they do undoubtedly have a very good first eleven, but for me, they're still quite light in certain areas beyond that.

They're going very well right now though and, like Arsenal, have recovered brilliantly following a shaky start and some heavy defeats. I'd put them in as favourites for third as things stand. I still don't think they're capable of mixing it with the two Manchester sides though.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2011, 09:51:19 am »

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2011, 10:14:16 am »
They're a good side on an excellent run. There's not much to choose between ourselves, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs and there won't be come the end of the season.

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2011, 10:15:25 am »
25 points from 11 games is excellent form by any standard, and they do play open and attacking football which is to be admired.

Harry's a cock but this season they have been excellent.

Only time will tell if they can keep this up, i think squad depth will be their undoing if anything.
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2011, 10:52:30 am »
They are on an incredible run that won't last forever and they will be in trouble if any of their midfielders or Adebayor gets injured.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2011, 11:03:13 am »
They are good and have made some good short term signings, however this time in twelve months I think some of their important players won't be be playing at the level they are currently. Friedel and Parker have been quality signings but they are stop gaps, I don't think they can trust them for next season. Adebayor could be playing for someone else next season. Modric has expressed an interest in leaving.

However they have some good your players like Bale and Walker but they will need to spend big next summer if they are to maintain their current level, just when 'Arry starts at England.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2011, 11:12:59 am »
Arry will start to believe his own hype soon and it'll all come crashin down.

Anyone remember him saying they were title contenders this time last season too? That worked out didnt it.

They're good, but not great. Be a good battle for that 4th spot thats for sure.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2011, 11:17:25 am »
They are a poor united. They have good wide men and  it makes a world of difference. If we had there wideplayers, we would be going for the title.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'