Author Topic: Tottenham Terminate Terrible Tim  (Read 1220875 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Just how good are Spurs?
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2011, 03:35:39 am »
He is a very good defender, it is just frustrating that he goes missing for most of the season yet for some reason regains his fitness just against us, shuts our attack and then goes missing the following week.

Although IIRC, the Stoke game last weekend was his first absence from their squad in a while.
correct. Coincidently he's after a new contract.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2011, 03:43:22 am »
He is a very good defender, it is just frustrating that he goes missing for most of the season yet for some reason regains his fitness just against us, shuts our attack and then goes missing the following week.

Although IIRC, the Stoke game last weekend was his first absence from their squad in a while.

How does that work though? I mean he doesn't train and plays games? Couldn't quite figure it out. Or has he started training this year?

Offline Broken Accidental Stars

• Kopite
  • Gedites know who le vrai Roi is
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2011, 03:47:58 am »
Well compare it with Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Inter, Juventus, Bayern München, Lyon, Valencia et cetera Tottenham is a small club. You in person seems to be after me, which is shame, have I done you anything?

The Latino thing? What I meant is that soon players like Agüero will be interested when they come round - thinking they're a big club...

This is a topic on Spurs, you made a comment on Spurs, I replied to it and asked for some clarification. I in person am not after you, and you have not done me anything, what did you find so personal about my reply? Are you finally catching on to my secret assignment as a member of the global police to silence all those who know the truth? ;) Out of your list Lyon and Valencia have won less than Tottenham anyway, and in the case of Valencia most of their trophies are from more than 30 years ago. Southampton, Leeds, and Man City (pre-oil money) are big clubs in my eyes so I guess my definition of big club depends more on match-going fanbase and history than how often a club's matches are shown on Sky Sports these days. Our league titles and European Cups from 30 years ago count when we say we're a big club, so why do such trophies not count for the likes of Spurs?
"Inspirational quote on perseverance, unfinished business, and fighting the good fight."
- Gérard Houllier

The ship has been steadied, le retour du Roi est bientôt arrivé.
Hic iacet Gérard Houllier, rex quondam, rexque futurus.

Offline TeamSpirit™

• Main Stander
  • Cockerel that likes to hang around Liverbirds
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2011, 10:10:20 pm »
*Hopes for impolosion*.

I can't stand that club, to me they're a small club and will always be. They always bang about themselves as if they were European Champions and this is the second time in my life they've even been close to being a side any top side would fear.

* Their manager
* Kaboul's dirty play.
* Modric crybaby style
* Adebayor

They've essentially put together an entire team of non-Manc players I've always detested, I really hope they start to slide now, it would be the hardest hit we've taken for a long time to finish below that shite club three years in a row. Some Argentine or Brazilian player might believe they're a big club after that!

Blah Blah Blah... waffle waffle. If the Spurs fan stereotype is having delusions of grandeur, then the Liverpool fan stereotype is that of oafish self entitlement. Congrats. Have you been to these foreign lands and taken surveys on our popularity?

I will always have respect for Liverpool FC 1892 as an institution - they are a club that I've long admired and wanted to Tottenham to emulate in many ways. However bigger doesn't always equal better. Which brings us to the crux of the matter...

What really bugs you is a variation of the answer to the original question; which is that Tottenham Hotspur are currently  better than Liverpool and have been for at least 2 years in both league position and head-to-head. Just suck it up, pray that you bid £45mil for Grant Holt this January and stop lashing out so petulantly.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2011, 10:13:01 pm »
They're annoyingly good but if they go behind a game they struggle to come out of it with a draw let alone a victory. I think they're a bigger threat to 4th than Chelsea now so I hope them two have an entertaining draw on Thursday night!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2011, 11:16:27 pm »
They're annoyingly good but if they go behind a game they struggle to come out of it with a draw let alone a victory. I think they're a bigger threat to 4th than Chelsea now so I hope them two have an entertaining draw on Thursday night!
The race between us, Spurs, Arse and Chelsea for 3rd and 4th will be interesting.

I reckon Spurs will drop points at either Norwich or Swansea. It would be nice if Chelsea can get a draw off them on Thursday in a blood bath. Should be a good game though.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2011, 11:23:10 pm »
The race between us, Spurs, Arse and Chelsea for 3rd and 4th will be interesting.

I reckon Spurs will drop points at either Norwich or Swansea. It would be nice if Chelsea can get a draw off them on Thursday in a blood bath. Should be a good game though.

I think Chelsea will walk over them - it will be a very entertaining game though!

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2011, 11:24:33 pm »
I think Chelsea will walk over them - it will be a very entertaining game though!
Should be a good game. Couldn't call it.

Offline d gorgeous one haz spoken

• and said "You're ugly"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2011, 11:25:07 pm »
I think Chelsea will walk over them

With both Parker and Sandro starting? I don't think so.. Game will end up a dull scoreless draw me reckons, but VDV loves this kind of games so I may be wrong.

Offline Broken Accidental Stars

• Kopite
  • Gedites know who le vrai Roi is
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2011, 11:32:37 pm »

Blah Blah Blah... waffle waffle. If the Spurs fan stereotype is having delusions of grandeur, then the Liverpool fan stereotype is that of oafish self entitlement. Congrats. Have you been to these foreign lands and taken surveys on our popularity?

I will always have respect for Liverpool FC 1892 as an institution - they are a club that I've long admired and wanted to Tottenham to emulate in many ways. However bigger doesn't always equal better. Which brings us to the crux of the matter...

What really bugs you is a variation of the answer to the original question; which is that Tottenham Hotspur are currently  better than Liverpool and have been for at least 2 years in both league position and head-to-head. Just suck it up, pray that you bid £45mil for Grant Holt this January and stop lashing out so petulantly.

Now, now, everyone knows Spurs are a small club and we're better than you because trophies from 30 years ago are merely history and don't count...and recent performances don't count either because we've finished higher and won more than you historically. :-\ Tottenham and Arsenal will implode and drop down the table imminently, just as they did at the start of the season - before they caught up and surpassed us in the league. Now cue the jokes about Spurs fans devaluing the UEFA Cup and feeling entitled to the Champions League.
"Inspirational quote on perseverance, unfinished business, and fighting the good fight."
- Gérard Houllier

The ship has been steadied, le retour du Roi est bientôt arrivé.
Hic iacet Gérard Houllier, rex quondam, rexque futurus.

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2011, 11:39:11 pm »

Wow. Not sure I should even respond to this. Incredible scenes.

No doubt Tottenham are a good side. A midfield of Bale, Parker, Modric and Lennon is a really, really good midfield. You have some nice flair players in van der Vaart, Adebayor and Kranjcar. But to say you're currently better than us? Ridiculous. I hate to bring up "if we had..." but really, we must have hit the woodwork 15 times this season. If they had all gone in, we'd have (I think - feel free to out-stat me on that, but it must be close) won all our games except the one against you. Which, arguably, would have been a different game had our two players not got sent off. I believe we'd be above or on level points with you if that were case, and then you'd be reassessing your opinion of Liverpool (isn't potential hindsight a wonderful thing?)

We both have very functional sides - nothing incredibly fancy, just fast paced; work the ball around a bit; hit them on the counter, football. But, even without rose-tinted spectacles, we edge it man to man (I hate the tired old argument of "we wouldn't take any of so and so out of your first XI", but I'm sure some others will be bringing it into play) but for me: Bale, Adebayor and Modric. Even then, I don't see what Bale would bring to THIS Liverpool side that Bellamy doesn't.

Never mind the past two years - one of those was a complete anomaly, where we had to adjust to the loss of Alonso; and the other we had Roy Hodgson for half of it.

Sorry, I don't mean to launch such an impassioned attack against Tottenham, but to say that you are better than us, and then bring up the last two years as a defence of that, and THEN even mock Liverpool on our own forum (with Grant Holt? Who isn't even a bad player - although I suppose, without you knowing, that was your point) is a bit much.

P.S. if it wasn't clear from my tone, I'd say we're, on the pitch and on our day, as good as each other. The only difference is I think Liverpool will move forward, whereas Tottenham won't. And that is purely judging from the past two transfer windows. If I were you, I'd be concerned at how Tottenham are run. There's no way (again, purely from what I've seen) you wouldn't have tried to get Suarez, or Young, or Downing, or whoever. And why all those "bids" for Aguero, Negredo (I think - or the other one, Soldado), Lllorente etc. Something fishy going on.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 11:46:45 pm by James Mac »

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2011, 11:44:04 pm »

You're right, but a lot of Tottenham fans I've come across beat us with a stick that you have surpassed us in recent years without noting the massive implosion within our club when administration was a very serious prospect. Before that, there wasn't much noise from your lot.

The most annoying thing for me is if you look back to the 08-09 season and you'll see that at times whilst we were destroying teams for fun, giving Manchester United a massive run for their money and even destroying them at home, we were still berated in the media and from commentators and constantly criticised even when we were playing football that was out of this world. Now you lot have come along with your media darling of a manager and everything you touch is gold regardless of the quality of it - take the massive over reaction to Pavyluchenko's goal tonight on MOTD for example.

The media love in is what makes a lot of our fans really dislike Tottenham, and also the fact that in recent seasons your best player has missed the whole campaign save for the game against us!
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2011, 11:54:39 pm »
Liverpool have got a better and much younger keeper than Spurs.

Liverpool have got a better defence than Spurs especially as your best defender is regularly injured.

Spurs have got a better midfield than Liverpoo especially as Liverpool's best midfield player is regularly injured.

Suarez is the best striker on both sides. Spurs best striker is not even their player and has hugely influenced their season as it allowed them to sign Parker with the Crouch money.

Spurs play with more fluency at present but then have not had as much upheaval as Liverpool over the past few years.

Liverpool have got a younger side with more growth from within it. The likes of Parker/Van Der vaart/Modric are all at their peak now and have played together for a while (bar Parker). I think Liverpool will improve more.

Both sides have for me got an equally good chance of the top 4 this season but take Adebayor out of Spurs and their effectiveness reduces greatly as he has effectively replaced Crouch AND Defoe in one player allowing VDV to play where he wants to. Spurs need to sign Adebayor and thus spend money just to stand still.

If Liverpool spend the same 10-15m (or whatever he will cost) it will improve the side.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 11:56:13 pm by bigbear »

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2011, 07:39:35 am »
They are better than us since last season and currently, they are still better than us.  I hope they wont be at the end of the season
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2011, 07:43:36 am »

Liverpool have got a better defence than Spurs especially as your best defender is regularly injured.

Spurs have got a better midfield than Liverpoo especially as Liverpool's best midfield player is regularly injured.

Suarez is the best striker on both sides. Spurs best striker is not even their player and has hugely influenced their season as it allowed them to sign Parker with the Crouch money.

Spurs play with more fluency at present but then have not had as much upheaval as Liverpool over the past few years.

Liverpool have got a younger side with more growth from within it. The likes of Parker/Van Der vaart/Modric are all at their peak now and have played together for a while (bar Parker). I think Liverpool will improve more.

Both sides have for me got an equally good chance of the top 4 this season but take Adebayor out of Spurs and their effectiveness reduces greatly as he has effectively replaced Crouch AND Defoe in one player allowing VDV to play where he wants to. Spurs need to sign Adebayor and thus spend money just to stand still.

If Liverpool spend the same 10-15m (or whatever he will cost) it will improve the side.

Well said.
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2011, 08:04:41 am »

Our only worry at the moment is if we lose Suarez for 10-15 games. That could really hurt us.

Anyway, Spurs are a good side no doubt about it and probably a bit further along in terms of development then us but, the gap between ourselves and Spurs isn't anywhere near as big as some would make you believe and we are catching them.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2011, 08:40:21 am »

Spurs have a much more talented attacking setup with Modric, Adebayor, Bale and Van Der Vaart. We only have Gerrard and Suarez who are on (and above) that level.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2011, 08:50:34 am »
Spurs have a much more talented attacking setup with Modric, Adebayor, Bale and Van Der Vaart. We only have Gerrard and Suarez who are on (and above) that level.

Thats the difference. A couple more attacking players of real quality and we'll surpass them.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2011, 08:52:08 am »
Our only worry at the moment is if we lose Suarez for 10-15 games. That could really hurt us

FFS he's not even been found guilty yet but still the length of his ban seems to have doubled

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2011, 08:58:46 am »
They are very very good footballing side who have developed over time. On current evidence, they are as good as any other team in the league when it comes to winning against lesser teams, which we are a fair way off. Let's face it, these games make up 30 games of the calendar. If ever we were to take a page out of Spurs' achievements so far, it is to finish games off that you ought to win. Fair play to Reddknapp, although i still hate him  :wave

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2011, 09:09:05 am »
Our only worry at the moment is if we lose Suarez for 10-15 games. That could really hurt us.

'kin ell Paddy Barclay...take it easy
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline gordonchas

• Jilted John was right.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2011, 09:16:06 am »
Out of your list Lyon and Valencia have won less than Tottenham anyway, and in the case of Valencia most of their trophies are from more than 30 years ago.

Ahem.  In the last 10 years alone, Valencia have won La Liga twice, the Spanish Cup and the UEFA Cup, and also been Champions League runners-up.

They're a much bigger club than Spurs by any definition.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2011, 10:46:03 am »
Ahem.  In the last 10 years alone, Valencia have won La Liga twice, the Spanish Cup and the UEFA Cup, and also been Champions League runners-up.

They're a much bigger club than Spurs by any definition.

Glad someone piped up with that, I was thinking Valencia had had a more recent league and European trophy than Spurs...managed by someone we all know quite well, weren't they? :-X
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline james791

• Kopite
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2011, 12:22:34 pm »
I think Spurs are worryingly good. They have yet to have a wobble, and whilst that may still happen, they still have a quality squad which will see them through.

I remember a detailed analysis on Spuds on here a few months ago, and I remember someone saying 'Arry was not really ones for tactics, which i rubbed my hands with glee at-surely the likes of Norwich, Stoke, Bolton etc would counter their flair with some rigid, solid, tactical defending? However this hasnt really happened (except Stoke) this season the players at Spurs have really gelled, and the play is incredibly fluid, which seems to make up for their lack of perceived tactics.

I do worry that Spurs will go plodding on, keep grinding out jammy wins, and pip us to 4th.
"No dont actually do it! Have some self re-cocking-spect"

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2011, 12:31:53 pm »

You summed up the average spurs fan now days - Stupid and arrogant c*nt. You finished above us in last 2 year when we were in total mess and think you are better than us and then go on insulating Liverpool FC with Holt point. Why don't you guys just fuck off to your forum.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2011, 12:34:56 pm »
I do worry that Spurs will go plodding on, keep grinding out jammy wins, and pip us to 4th.

Don't see why they can't finish 2nd to be honest. Depnds how they deal with a wobble.

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2011, 01:30:52 pm »

:wellin

:lmao

Offline TeamSpirit™

• Main Stander
« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2011, 01:55:09 pm »
Wow. Not sure I should even respond to this. Incredible scenes.

No doubt Tottenham are a good side. A midfield of Bale, Parker, Modric and Lennon is a really, really good midfield. You have some nice flair players in van der Vaart, Adebayor and Kranjcar. But to say you're currently better than us? Ridiculous. I hate to bring up "if we had..." but really, we must have hit the woodwork 15 times this season. If they had all gone in, we'd have (I think - feel free to out-stat me on that, but it must be close) won all our games except the one against you. Which, arguably, would have been a different game had our two players not got sent off. I believe we'd be above or on level points with you if that were case, and then you'd be reassessing your opinion of Liverpool (isn't potential hindsight a wonderful thing?)

We both have very functional sides - nothing incredibly fancy, just fast paced; work the ball around a bit; hit them on the counter, football. But, even without rose-tinted spectacles, we edge it man to man (I hate the tired old argument of "we wouldn't take any of so and so out of your first XI", but I'm sure some others will be bringing it into play) but for me: Bale, Adebayor and Modric. Even then, I don't see what Bale would bring to THIS Liverpool side that Bellamy doesn't.

Never mind the past two years - one of those was a complete anomaly, where we had to adjust to the loss of Alonso; and the other we had Roy Hodgson for half of it.

Sorry, I don't mean to launch such an impassioned attack against Tottenham, but to say that you are better than us, and then bring up the last two years as a defence of that, and THEN even mock Liverpool on our own forum (with Grant Holt? Who isn't even a bad player - although I suppose, without you knowing, that was your point) is a bit much.

P.S. if it wasn't clear from my tone, I'd say we're, on the pitch and on our day, as good as each other. The only difference is I think Liverpool will move forward, whereas Tottenham won't. And that is purely judging from the past two transfer windows. If I were you, I'd be concerned at how Tottenham are run. There's no way (again, purely from what I've seen) you wouldn't have tried to get Suarez, or Young, or Downing, or whoever. And why all those "bids" for Aguero, Negredo (I think - or the other one, Soldado), Lllorente etc. Something fishy going on.

My "ridiculous" reasoning is being debunked by a bunch of if's, buts and maybe's.  We were the better team at WHL even when it was 11v11.

You make out like we have gobbled up every chance that has come our way. We haven't been clinically ruthless as a side ourselves. Honestly out of your lot I would only take Reina. Not to say that we have an much better squad; but he is the one player that represents a true upgrade over what. Everything else is a wash at this moment in time. Suarez does provide a lot of spectacular moments but he's a terribly inefficient player when compared to Van Der Vaart for instance.

There isn't much in it, and that's without taking into account that we've got a strong long-term future too. Sandro, Andros Townsend, Steven Caulker, Tom Carroll, Kyle Walker etc. Not to mention the quality of our scouting and that we have one of the shrewdest chairmen around, who has achieved the impossible of giving Redknapp what he needs without buggering the club financially. Why can't we move forward? I've seen a ton of posts predicting the death of Spurs, but it seems based more on faith than facts. IMO we keep making good progress year-on-year. The Sunderland win was a mark of that  as we were without out our flying wingers for the majority of the game, just like the West Brom one was a step foward as we got the job done without Modric and VdV. As regards to the transfer policy, if a few short term fixes put us in the CL and in a position to attract a better players (and a Benitez/Ancelotti calibre of coach) then it's not a bad thing.

The Grant Holt point was a cheap shot (I actually rate the player - more in reference to a old-school CF doing well with a promoted club that could catch your eye even though he would be likely unsuited to your style of play)  but I was peeved to say the least by the original post I was referring to - which smacked of "Spurs don't have a right to compete with those at the top, how dare they think they can!", Red Suarez is another one showing this mentality.

Let me be clear (if I wasn't judging by the abuse coming my way) that it's obvious that Liverpool are a much bigger club than Tottenham. However do they currently have a better team? Have they been better in the last two years?  Have Tottenham just been lucky? Tottenham are not a small club. Not up there with the elite of Europe and England, but you can't be both a small club and great underachievers (as we are so often called).

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2011, 02:05:55 pm »
You're right, but a lot of Tottenham fans I've come across beat us with a stick that you have surpassed us in recent years without noting the massive implosion within our club when administration was a very serious prospect. Before that, there wasn't much noise from your lot.

The most annoying thing for me is if you look back to the 08-09 season and you'll see that at times whilst we were destroying teams for fun, giving Manchester United a massive run for their money and even destroying them at home, we were still berated in the media and from commentators and constantly criticised even when we were playing football that was out of this world. Now you lot have come along with your media darling of a manager and everything you touch is gold regardless of the quality of it - take the massive over reaction to Pavyluchenko's goal tonight on MOTD for example.

The media love in is what makes a lot of our fans really dislike Tottenham, and also the fact that in recent seasons your best player has missed the whole campaign save for the game against us!

Exactly this.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline TeamSpirit™

• Main Stander
« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2011, 02:19:54 pm »

Well there's nothing any of us can do about the contrasting treatments of Redknapp and Benitez in the media. I'm as big a Benitez backer as you will find, I would be delighted if he came to Spurs if Redknapp took the England gig and I defend his record at Liverpool vigorously whenever given the opportunity. Dalglish is just a big a media darling though so you can't complain too much - the same media say that he's dragged Liverpool like a Phoenix from the ashes created by Benitez - totally ignoring Hodgson and the fact that he is benefiting from far superior backing from the owners.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2011, 02:25:41 pm »

To be honest, a lot of people are doing that with Tottenham with good reasoning given that you don't particularly have much strength in depth outside of your first team. You're just like how we were a few years ago with one of the best first XIs in the league but when injury came a calling, we suffered. You have a fair few players who are very reliant on speed and their hamstrings will suffer in the same way Torres' did for us and Johnson's has for us - you've had your first casualty with Lennon and I noticed Bale was injured but what injury and to what extent I don't know. That's when you won't be so lucky with results and on top of those players who will inevitably suffer injuries, loss of form and be tired towards the end of the campaign (playing a very young right back for the whole campaign is suicide), you also have players who have a track record of injuries putting them out for months at a time (King, Parker, VDV) who are the spine of your team, and you also have a striker on loan who notoriously goes missing after a few months but whether that will be the case this time, who knows?

I understand your point that it does seem to be a lot in faith from people on here that Spurs will suffer a loss of form but every team does and as I stated above, you will suffer with those problems. It's inevitable. It's not so much "faith" that I say that, it's looking at track records and experiencing the same problems ourselves. Mark my words, we'll take over Spurs in the next couple of seasons once we're firmly back on track. Your squad has largely been together for some time with some quality additions, once we get the quality additions in our new squad that we so desperately need and crave, you'll see a difference in people's attitudes. For now, enjoy it.

I also understand your frustration with people's attitudes on here but why did you sign up to a Liverpool forum? What did you expect? You won't see me going onto a Manchester United forum trying to defend Liverpool because it's an uphill struggle against irrationalism and bias.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2011, 02:34:18 pm »
Spurs are a good side. Some of their best players are currently peaking and have a lot of experience which is coming to the fore: Adebayor, Parker, VDV, Modric, Bale.

We have a good side, which is newer and so we're still looking to see the best of Henderson, Adam, umm Carroll etc. We are not very clinical in front of goal and so we've dropped crucial points, despite playing really well.

It is going to be very very tight, if we were to strengthen again in a couple of key positions I can see us challenging them to the very last weekend.

All you need to know about Liverpool this season (so far) is in this sentence: we should have beaten both Manchester clubs at Anfield, but drew both those games 1-1/
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2011, 02:37:09 pm »
Not much to choose between ourselves and Spurs. Don't think there's much between any of the sides currently placed 3rd to 6th.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2011, 02:43:19 pm »
Spurs are a really good side and the sooner people thinking otherwise are only fooling themselves. Redknapp has done a fantastic job with them and at the moment they are a stronger side then us

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2011, 02:54:14 pm »
Hope they play out a nice boring draw against Chelsea.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2011, 03:10:51 pm »
If we hadn't fallen apart due to the financial chokehold we were in (as well as loosing Alonso), Spurs and arguably City would never have seen the top 4. As it stands we have done well to claw back so quickly and I think we have got just as much chance as finishing in the top 4 as Spurs. They have a very good starting 11 but I wouldn't look far past that. Without the width Bale and Lennon provide they look a lot worse a team compared to us who can play just as well directly as through the flanks. Let's see if they get unlucky with injuries or if Spurs reinforce with quality signings in January.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2011, 03:27:23 pm »
You make out like we have gobbled up every chance that has come our way. We haven't been clinically ruthless as a side ourselves. Honestly out of your lot I would only take Reina. Not to say that we have an much better squad; but he is the one player that represents a true upgrade over what. Everything else is a wash at this moment in time. Suarez does provide a lot of spectacular moments but he's a terribly inefficient player when compared to Van Der Vaart for instance.

I know we're all going to be a bit biased and that's cool but really, dude? Really? Of the best defence in England and possibly Europe as well, you would take one of our players ahead of what Spurs have currently got? Wow. That's just silly.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2011, 03:49:32 pm »
They're a very good team. Good to watch and at this point in time, probably ahead of us. Although as others have said, there isn't too much at all between those currently sitting third to sixth.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2011, 03:51:56 pm »
FFS he's not even been found guilty yet but still the length of his ban seems to have doubled

Calm down yeah big fanny. I'm only saying IF we lose him to a ban thats all. Stop getting yeah shitty knickers in a twist!!!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2011, 03:52:59 pm »
'kin ell Paddy Barclay...take it easy

I said IF. You do realise that it could happen dont you?