Author Topic: Tottenham Terminate Terrible Tim  (Read 1220829 times)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Re: Just how good are Spurs?
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2011, 03:11:21 pm »
They will be top by Easter.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2011, 03:27:38 pm »
I would say Spurs man for man are about as good as United. The difference is however that United having a very good but not brilliant team are able to dig in when things go wrong and scrape the results as seen in many seasons, especially last one. In my mind this means that any team that wants to win the league has to be noticeably better than United at picking up points. I'm not sure that Spure are quite there yet, but I reckon Man City might be.

Also, remember that if Spurs lose key players they can't do what United and Man City can do, i.e. replace them with someone almost as good. Parker is absolutely essential for such a title challenge and I can't see imagine they have a replacement else they would have said replacement last season.

For those reasons I think they will fail to win the league but clearly they could come closer than we might have thought before the season started.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2011, 04:10:08 pm »
well according to darren gough, spurs style of play is "a level up" from the arsenal invincibles side.  :lmao

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2011, 04:20:07 pm »
well according to darren gough, spurs style of play is "a level up" from the arsenal invincibles side.  :lmao

If he honestly believes that then he's even more of an idiot than I had previously feared.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just how good are Spurs?
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2011, 04:27:54 pm »

He knows fuck all. Chats complete shite on Talksport.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2011, 04:47:28 pm »
They've got a ridiculously easy two months now. The only tricky games between now and 22nd January are Chelsea and Stoke. They could be out of sight in 3rd place by then.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2011, 04:52:47 pm »
They're a very good side.  I think Modric is like Alonso was for us back in the late 00's.  If he gets injured then it could all fall apart.

But still they've done so well, and credit to Redknapp who is a cockmuncher but has got them playing well after a terrible start.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2011, 04:53:39 pm »
They've got a ridiculously easy two months now.

Yep. The walls of this thread are about to get sticky.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2011, 05:20:05 pm »
Come back when Adebayor realises he won't be signed permanently, when Modric gets an offer from elswhere, when the FA get caught trying to tap up Harry Redknapp, When Van Der Vaart decides that running isn't fun, when King breaks down again etc etc.

Flakiest team about. At the moment they're brilliant though.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2011, 05:38:58 pm »
At the moment they are playing exceptional with style too.Credit to Redknapp i know he`s a tit but he`s got them playing some good stuff.

However,they will not keep up this level of performance for the entire season.Injuries,suspensions,fatigue etc will be a factor.The media have made them title contenders so the expectation is there now too.

I`ve no doubt they`ll be there or there abouts for top four but no way they will be champions.I think its ridiculous people predicting final postions at this stage of the season.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2011, 05:41:03 pm »
They were looking ropey until the end of the transfer window, but the additions of Friedel, Parker & Adebayor have all strengthened weak areas of the team.

If they stay fit & focused, they can give Man Utd a run for 2nd, but likely to be 3rd IMO

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2011, 06:42:58 pm »
I love their harum-scarum style.  Very entertaining to watch and a very good overs/gg bet

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2011, 06:57:45 pm »
Class side.

Not sure how much bottle they have but Parker can only add to that.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2011, 07:00:18 pm »
all this talk of "theyll start to head down the league once they pick up an injury or two to their key players" makes me laugh.The exact same would happen to us.If we lost for example Lucas or Suarez we sure as hell would struggle just as if spurs lost modric or bale at some point.every team picks up injuries.I think spurs will cope.In that stretch of tough games, they will beat everton, stoke and wigan.theres 9 points, favourites against Newcastle and then theyll likely get a few draws too.

Exactly, think they will finish 4th ahead us and Arsenal.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 07:03:07 pm by Coolie High »

Offline rick287

• Anny Roader
  • SPQR
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2011, 08:04:51 pm »
How good?

Annoyingly so. What's weird, though, is that up until 3 years ago I'd never met a Spurs fan. Suddenly there seem to be a few about. Can't fathom it, myself.
Rick

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2011, 08:34:49 pm »
Good XI and a good squad. A deep squad.

One thing they do well is stick to their plan. Irrespective of score or situation, they play the same aggressive style and having a style to fall back on leads to consistency.
Bale looks good and healthy...and that full back Kyle Walker is similar, IMO,  to what Glen Johnson was at that age. Maybe better at that age.

Offline tanvir

• Kopite
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2011, 10:21:50 pm »
These days, everyone I know who supports a non-premiership side has Spurs as their 'Prem team'.

It makes me want to froth at the mouth while kicking cats

I HATE SPURS

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2011, 10:37:09 pm »
They are on an incredible run that won't last forever and they will be in trouble if any of their midfielders or Adebayor gets injured.

They're the London team that should have bought Torres.... ;-) mwahah
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2011, 08:55:41 am »
I HATE SPURS

EDIT: I dont proper hate them, you know as individuals but as a team they are a bitch to play against and punch well above their weight.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:59:01 am by BMW »

Offline TeamSpirit™

• Main Stander
  • Cockerel that likes to hang around Liverbirds
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2011, 11:54:48 am »
We are very good. It's the best Spurs team in my time supporting the club. Credit to Levy for standing firm on Modric, and brokering the Adebayor deal,  and Credit to Redknapp for sticking his neck out and bringing through Kyle Walker and convincing Levy that Parker & Freidel would  be excellent acquisitions.

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2011, 12:08:53 pm »
They are good side, and are on a fantastic run at the moment. The real test will be, can they keep it up? I see their fixtures and think "well, they could slip up here" but they aren't, but the "old" Spurs would. If they maintain this form, then they will be well within a shout of a top 4 place (or higher), but we can't be worrying about them.

On current form, you would say United, City and Spurs are a guarantee for 4th. Arsenal are probably next favourites (based on current form) closely followed by ourselves. But form will change. African Cup of Nations, Injuries, European Football, it will all play a big factor in the teams and their results. Assuming Spurs win their game in hand, that puts them 6 points ahead of us. But, we beat them, and they lose one other (and we win), and suddenly we are level (assuming we match the rest of the results like for like).

That is the fine margins we are talking about here.

Spurs are having their good run, they will hit a bad patch (as most teams do), it is how they get through that will determine where they finish.

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2011, 12:41:04 pm »
People need to calm down and understand that they still have to play Chelsea, us and Arsenal away and we have already played away to Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. Also let see if they can keep this form going through season. Remember how Chelsea folded last season after taking everyone part initially. Now everything is going their way. Lets see how they react when going gets tough.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2011, 12:46:28 pm »
People need to calm down and understand that they still have to play Chelsea, us and Arsenal away and we have already played away to Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. Also let see if they can keep this form going through season. Remember how Chelsea folded last season after taking everyone part initially. Now everything is going their way. Lets see how they react when going gets tough.

And we still have to play City twice and go to Old Trafford. Everyone still has a lot of hard games to play including us.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2011, 05:33:04 pm »
So much for this cursing them.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2011, 05:35:13 pm »
They look very good unfortunately.

If they stay injury free they will challenge for the title.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2011, 05:38:13 pm »
So to the people who were crying saying "wait until they get a couple of injuries" etc etc.

They've just won without arguably their 2 best players. I wish people would stop being so bitter and accept they're a good side.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2011, 05:38:27 pm »
They've been a striker away for a couple of years.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2011, 05:38:51 pm »
:o
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2011, 05:40:17 pm »
Well, certainly they are not dropping any silly points.

And if this continues, they might not even be in the race for champions league spot, they will be in the race for title or are they actually already in that race???

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2011, 05:40:34 pm »
The fact that they`ve spent Fcuk all in the summer willl mean they will be out to add one or two in the january window to kick on with.

If they win their game in hand they will be ahead of united.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2011, 05:41:28 pm »
People need to calm down and understand that they still have to play Chelsea, us and Arsenal away and we have already played away to Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal.

It's not those games that will get them into the top four. It's beating everyone else, which they've been doing quite easily.

I agree though that everything is going their way at the moment but it might not make a difference as they've got the momentum now and winning is becoming a bit of a habit for them.

We need to put on a run once we have City out of the way. Six after that are all games we need to be winning.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2011, 05:42:29 pm »

And if this continues, they might not even be in the race for champions league spot, they will be in the race for title or are they actually already in that race???
two points off second with a game in hand.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2011, 05:45:12 pm »
So to the people who were crying saying "wait until they get a couple of injuries" etc etc.

They've just won without arguably their 2 best players. I wish people would stop being so bitter and accept they're a good side.

To be fair they beat West Brom, a side who have probably been the worst team we've played against this season, in large part due to a dodgy penalty.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2011, 05:45:13 pm »

they are mate... strong defence, strong midfield, strong attack...scary side to be honest
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2011, 05:46:18 pm »
they are mate... strong defence, strong midfield, strong attack...scary side to be honest

Agreed, I am for the first time genuinely worried by Spurs both for short term and long term.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2011, 05:48:35 pm »
To be fair they beat West Brom, a side who have probably been the worst team we've played against this season, in large part due to a dodgy penalty.

9 wins in last 10 to be honest.

only draw @ SJP which isn't an easy ground to go to.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #116 on: November 26, 2011, 05:48:36 pm »
Best Spurs side in my lifetime.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2011, 05:49:13 pm »
On a scale of 1 to 10, they're definitely an 11. A "scarily" good side you might say.

Good grief!!

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: November 26, 2011, 06:15:50 pm »
two points off second with a game in hand.

Game in hand is home to Everton, in which, they've had 1 win, 1 draw and 3 losses in the last 5 seasons.....hmmmmmm

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2011, 06:18:49 pm »
very good team but in the fulham game they were hanging on a bit, think they're overachieving atm and wont keep up this pace until the end of the season but they are still a strong side, but many variables (redknapp's court case, adebayor realising he wont stay permanently and chelsea possibly coming in for modric/modric getting £100k a week and his teammates finding out about this) could knock them off their stride a bit