Author Topic: Tottenham Terminate Terrible Tim  (Read 1222826 times)

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Just how good are Spurs?
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2011, 11:17:32 am »
They're good, very good at the moment, but they won't win the league.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2011, 11:19:01 am »
They have the ability to finish second, I seriously doubt they have the mentality and strength in depth though.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 11:22:44 am »
Think they will finish third.It will be between ourselves Arsenal and Chelsea for fourth in my opinion
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2011, 11:29:16 am »
Think they will finish third.It will be between ourselves Arsenal and Chelsea for fourth in my opinion
agree with this, pains me to say it though

be interesting to see what, if anything goes on in january window

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2011, 11:32:09 am »
They may very well finish third, but it's far from as clear cut as saying it's Spurs and one other. I see all four of us fighting for two places. Any two could realistically fill third and fourth and in any order.

Just wait until Spurs inevitably go on a bit of a poor run and all of a sudden they'll be shite again.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2011, 11:33:06 am »
they have a lot to thank levy for. after all it was him who essentially forced modric to stay and it was him who signed VDV.

Offline my name canged back to tucker?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2011, 11:37:42 am »
really good starting 11 with a few top class players, but if they get any injuries, especially in midfield, the quality of player coming in just isnt good enough in my opinion,

if spurs were to get some dosh in january and next summer i reckon they could push on a bit further and at the very least be a regular in the top 4, hopefully not.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2011, 11:42:24 am »
Rich vein of form right, confidence sky high, nothing going against them at the moment either. But i'd hold off  a while longer before anointing them the next best whatever.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:45:07 am by Bob Loblaw »

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2011, 11:51:12 am »
I can't wait till they have a couple of bad results sick of hearing about how good they are  :puke2
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2011, 11:57:15 am »
Have a favourable run of games up until the new year. Gets tough after that and at around the same time last season when things went a bit shit.

Rednapp talking fo winning the league if they carry on this form, said the same shit around this time last year, maybe a bit later in Dec. Then towards the end of the season said "this is as good as it gets for us" when they were out of the top 4. Just keep your mouth shut and get on with it.

If he can keep Adebayor interested and motivated, avoid injuries to VDV, Modric and Parker, a 2nd place finish is very much on. Having said that, I don't think there's much between us and them when we go 4-5-1. They are playing at the top of their game right now. We are still finding ourselves I think and will only only get better, especially when Gerrard comes back and if he can stay fit.

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2011, 12:06:52 pm »

With you completely on this.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2011, 12:08:52 pm »
The best thing about them for me is that they've done it all on a shoestring budget, hardly spending anything at all over the past few years.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2011, 12:11:05 pm »
Harry talking about winning the league now.  He just can't help himself can he ::)

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2011, 12:13:45 pm »
Harry talking about winning the league now.  He just can't help himself can he ::)

They may not win it but they can come close if they keep this form up.

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2011, 12:17:48 pm »

bit on the silly side.But then again he is only playing up to the fans etc,No harm in it.theyre in a  great position,They wont win it but i think they will be 3rd.
Credit where credit is due and all that malarchy,theyre doing well and I for one reckon theyll stay there or thereabouts.A lot of people on here seem to think they will implode or something.Not going to happen.Out of the teams supposedly fighting for top four,us Spurs,chelsea and arsenal Id put my money on them finishing in the top four before i laid a bet on any of the others,including us.I dont like saying that,just think they will.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2011, 12:22:10 pm »
There currently in a very fortunate position. In recent years when sides have come to Anfield they've sat back and we've had to break down 2 walls of 4 or 1 wall of 5 and another of 4. Scum, City, Chelsea and Arsenal all have to do the same thing most weeks at home. Spurs have become very good over the last few years but the sides below them are still treating them as if they are the team from a few years ago. Teams aren't going to White Harte Lane and sitting back and getting bodies behind the ball. They play an open game and give Spurs space and when you have the pace and quality they have in midfield they will obviously benefit from that. Villa tried sitting back last night but were piss poor at it and weren't nearly compact enough. It'll be interesting to see if teams start going there to sit back and play for a point on the counter like they have been doing for years at the 'big' teams.

So Spurs are in a bit of a luxury period. With the ball there just as talented as the other big sides but the smaller sides aren't treating them as such when going there. If they do start to do that it'l be interesting to see how they adapt. I've been watching them closely this season and the amount of time Bale, Modric and Van Der Vaart get on the ball is ridiculous. Fair play to them though, they are taking advantage of it.

Offline KingLuis05

• Kopite
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2011, 12:22:51 pm »
They've been really impressive of late but as a few have already said, not much has gone against them so far. On current form, I can't see them failing to finish in the top 4 but let's just wait and see what happens if/when their luck changes. They looked terrible at the start of the season when they had a couple of players missing, Modric's head may be turned again in January and they won't be able to get away with playing their reserves in Europe after Christmas.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2011, 12:27:12 pm »
The best thing about them for me is that they've done it all on a shoestring budget, hardly spending anything at all over the past few years.

Indeed. He's a genius, is 'Arry  ::)
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2011, 12:30:03 pm »

Shame he will be wearing a knock off newcastle replica kit by the time May comes round

Offline steffan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2011, 12:52:48 pm »
Eh? It's nothing new, teams have been doing that for years.

City want rid of him and will pay his wages just to get him in the transfer spotlight.

I know, I know, the reasons behind it are solid enough from both teams' point of view, and like I said I know it's not against the rules, but I personally don't really agree with the principle in general and I never have.  You didn't used to be allowed to loan players to teams in your own league (at least that's the way I remember it until early 2000's) because of conflict of interest, then they changed it probably because the top sides wanted to loan players to the likes of Wigan, Bolton etc to get Premier League experience, then they've changed it again slightly to say you can't play against your parent club.  The part I find difficult is that if the player in question is any good (i.e. Adebayor) then every team who plays Spurs will be given a more difficult game in theory than Man City will, because he can't play against them, so it's not an entirely level playing field in my opinion.  Don't expect everyone to agree but it's always bugged me, and because it might help Spurs finish above us this season I'm slightly more bitter about it than normal!! ha ha

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2011, 01:18:59 pm »
There currently in a very fortunate position. In recent years when sides have come to Anfield they've sat back and we've had to break down 2 walls of 4 or 1 wall of 5 and another of 4. Scum, City, Chelsea and Arsenal all have to do the same thing most weeks at home. Spurs have become very good over the last few years but the sides below them are still treating them as if they are the team from a few years ago. Teams aren't going to White Harte Lane and sitting back and getting bodies behind the ball. They play an open game and give Spurs space and when you have the pace and quality they have in midfield they will obviously benefit from that. Villa tried sitting back last night but were piss poor at it and weren't nearly compact enough. It'll be interesting to see if teams start going there to sit back and play for a point on the counter like they have been doing for years at the 'big' teams.

So Spurs are in a bit of a luxury period. With the ball there just as talented as the other big sides but the smaller sides aren't treating them as such when going there. If they do start to do that it'l be interesting to see how they adapt. I've been watching them closely this season and the amount of time Bale, Modric and Van Der Vaart get on the ball is ridiculous. Fair play to them though, they are taking advantage of it.

That's not true at all, teams have regularly been sitting back at WHL the last few years. Last season we drew so many games at home because of exactly that. Even Man Utd came and parked the bus at WHL last season

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2011, 01:42:51 pm »
They've dealt well with their key injuries and are in a good vein of form at the moment. If they take the knockout stages of the Europa League seriously it will mean extra games for key players. They also don't know if the Modric transfer rumours will rekindle in January. The fixtures have been kind to them recently, but they have a tough stretch in the New Year from late January to late March

Man City (A)
Wigan (H)
Liverpool (A)
Newcastle (H)
Arsenal (A)
Man Utd (H)
Everton (A)
Stoke (H)
Chelsea (A)

I think this stretch, alongside added domestic and continental cup responsibilities in the new year could be their downfall.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2011, 01:53:53 pm »
I honestly dont think their fixutre list in the new year is any tougher then usual, a few tough games but i can see them winning all those home games too, including the Mancs.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2011, 02:00:46 pm »
That's not true at all, teams have regularly been sitting back at WHL the last few years. Last season we drew so many games at home because of exactly that. Even Man Utd came and parked the bus at WHL last season

Some people are just trying to make up excuses so that they dont have to face the fact that Spurs are a good team and probably at this moment in time better than us.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Arden

• Anny Roader
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2011, 02:00:47 pm »
They've dealt well with their key injuries and are in a good vein of form at the moment. If they take the knockout stages of the Europa League seriously it will mean extra games for key players. They also don't know if the Modric transfer rumours will rekindle in January. The fixtures have been kind to them recently, but they have a tough stretch in the New Year from late January to late March

Man City (A)
Wigan (H)
Liverpool (A)
Newcastle (H)
Arsenal (A)
Man Utd (H)
Everton (A)
Stoke (H)
Chelsea (A)

I think this stretch, alongside added domestic and continental cup responsibilities in the new year could be their downfall.

As i've said before, we need to make sure we're no less than 6 points behind them when that run starts. We'll be nicely poised behind them. Any slightly bigger gap might leave us with too much to do.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2011, 02:08:44 pm »
In hindsight though, the three of them have made an absolutely massive difference to Spurs, along with Ledley King managing to keep himself fit for what (for him) is a relatively long period of time.

Having Ledley playing on a regular basis is making a massive difference. I was just looking at the stats - we're unbeaten in his last 14 starts for us (12 wins, 2 draws) and we've only lost 3 games in his last 27 starts (18 wins, 6 draws, 3 losses). He'd have definitely gone on to be one of the greats if his knee wasn't fucked (admittedly it probably wouldn't have been at Spurs though)

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2011, 02:12:51 pm »
Very good side, lots of balance, right footers, left footers, height, pace, intelligence, hard workers all in their first 11. They seem a very confident side at the minute, be interesting to see how long that lasts and how they cope if a couple of key players got injured.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2011, 02:16:21 pm »

Just like he did in January this year.

They're doing very well at the moment and are in good form, if they get a loss somewhere between now and Christmas then I think it will knock them back. I expect a few of their players to get injured and suffer a loss of form at some point in the season which will knock them back too. They have a good first XI but take a few of their players out and I think they'll suffer like we have in the past when the main men were out.

It'll be interesting to see if Redknapp's gonna spend any money in January. I'm sure Levy would probably like to keep some money available for the new manager which looks likely to come in in the summer rather than give it to Redknapp to buy players and leave them for someone else who may not want them if he's fucking off but I don't know much on how Spurs operate so can't be conclusive on that.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2011, 02:18:29 pm »
Roy will rub out their good form this weekend.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2011, 02:23:05 pm »

while there is a bandwagon going....

off beep..."Steve McClaren backs Harry Redknapp to be England manager"
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Roady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2011, 02:24:56 pm »
all this talk of "theyll start to head down the league once they pick up an injury or two to their key players" makes me laugh.The exact same would happen to us.If we lost for example Lucas or Suarez we sure as hell would struggle just as if spurs lost modric or bale at some point.every team picks up injuries.I think spurs will cope.In that stretch of tough games, they will beat everton, stoke and wigan.theres 9 points, favourites against Newcastle and then theyll likely get a few draws too.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2011, 02:28:58 pm »
Some people are just trying to make up excuses so that they dont have to face the fact that Spurs are a good team and probably at this moment in time better than us.

Yup, a lot of denial going on here
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2011, 02:31:05 pm »
Yup, a lot of denial going on here

There's also a lot of getting carried away with Spurs' good run of form. It cuts both ways.

Offline redy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2011, 02:49:34 pm »
With you completely on this.
I am surprised by this. Any trend you have seen in the results comparison thread which makes you say this?

They may very well finish third, but it's far from as clear cut as saying it's Spurs and one other. I see all four of us fighting for two places. Any two could realistically fill third and fourth and in any order.

Just wait until Spurs inevitably go on a bit of a poor run and all of a sudden they'll be shite again.

Agree with this. They may have as good a first team as if not better than any of the other contenders but their squad is in my mind 6th best. That's why its no guarantee they will come fourth let alone 3rd IMO

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2011, 02:53:37 pm »

Did the same last season and the press got on it. Not a word was said when they started dropping off though, no ridicule, they just forgot he had even said anything about it.

Strange that and the same will happen this season.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2011, 02:54:03 pm »
I'm the only 1 who thinks the wheels are going to fall of the Spurs bus quite spectacularly sometime in the the new year then??
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:01:12 pm by Mark Walters »
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2011, 02:56:41 pm »
There's also a lot of getting carried away with Spurs' good run of form. It cuts both ways.

Maybe a bit but they're a good side, struggled to cope with the combination of CL and PL last year but without that distraction I'd fancy them to finish top 4 at the moment, even allowing a for picking up a few injuries over the campaign.

Mind you I would imagine Chelsea will try to unsettle Modric again in January, if things carry on like this for those 2 clubs

Offline KingLuis05

• Kopite
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2011, 03:00:05 pm »
all this talk of "theyll start to head down the league once they pick up an injury or two to their key players" makes me laugh.The exact same would happen to us.If we lost for example Lucas or Suarez we sure as hell would struggle just as if spurs lost modric or bale at some point.

You're right but if you look at our squad, we've already had a number of injuries to important players. Spurs have a couple of injuries too but they've managed to keep most of their key players fit since that mini injury crisis in August. Van der Vaart has had a couple of niggles but hasn't missed many games and King's run of games has really helped them at the back.

Obviously this isn't an excuse- you need to able to deal with the inevitability of injuries if you're going to finish in the top 4. But it will be interesting to see how they fare if/when their important players start missing games.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2011, 03:04:12 pm »
Did the same last season and the press got on it. Not a word was said when they started dropping off though, no ridicule, they just forgot he had even said anything about it.

Strange that and the same will happen this season.

they have better players in positions where they were weak last season and King is playing more games...but season is long

01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2011, 03:05:18 pm »
They look a good side, with a very a nice balance to their play. Bale/Lennon particularly is an option we would love to have on both flanks.

They will drop points though, in that run highlighted above and we will have to be a bit more efficient if we are to capitalise on that. Atw, I would predict third or fourth.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias