Author Topic: Luis Suarez - FA guilty charge and LFC Statement (*)  (Read 891991 times)

Online redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
Re: Luis Suarez - FA guilty charge and LFC Statement (*)
« Reply #8040 on: December 24, 2011, 07:14:00 pm »
You're spot on. We've embarrassed ourselves big time on this issue. I couldn't believe the club printed t-shirt. When you think what that gesture is usually reserved for, global emergencies, serious tragedies, the urgent support of charities and for and to go ahead with the idea. Those people clearly didn't think it through. Face the music and accept the punishment so we can move on. Only more damage is being caused as far as I'm concerned. "Fans" are too willing to accept the stance the club has choosen rather than make their own minds up. This isn't not a case of I disagree with a formation or team sheet it's a something you should be forming your own opinion of.

What's this going backwards under Dalglish?

Got to be an invader. Somebody take the necessary action please.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Online vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #8041 on: December 24, 2011, 07:14:11 pm »
You're spot on. We've embarrassed ourselves big time on this issue. I couldn't believe the club printed t-shirt. When you think what that gesture is usually reserved for, global emergencies, serious tragedies, the urgent support of charities and for and to go ahead with the idea. Those people clearly didn't think it through. Face the music and accept the punishment so we can move on. Only more damage is being caused as far as I'm concerned. "Fans" are too willing to accept the stance the club has choosen rather than make their own minds up. This isn't not a case of I disagree with a formation or team sheet it's a something you should be forming your own opinion of.

In this age of social networking, interactive media, spin and the like, a T shirt logo or advertisement is an instant way of registering a pro or anti stance on anything providing you have the media access to promote it. You choose to use emotive causes to register your disgust at the way the players went about their protest as if Tshirt advertising was only used for the causes you mention.

I like ben and jerry's ice cream, I see their tshirts on most shopping arcades. I see vodaphone. o2, orange use tshirts to advertise their wares. Are they charitable orgaanisations? I feel like I'm flogging a dead horse here with you but will give you the benefit of a response to my post. What are you really saying? Do you think we should roll over and take this obvious miscarriage of justice up the rectum?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8042 on: December 24, 2011, 07:15:29 pm »
Ugh. My point is the inability for the wider press to even agree on what word has been said by Luis should be reason enough for fans to pause and stop with the speculation and the South American history lessons and wait til there's more transparency. You've pretty much decided its either 'negro' or 'negrito' and are running with it so good luck with that.

I haven't decided it's anything. I've read the obviously leaked news reports like everyone else in the country.

Is what you are saying is the club and fans should just sell Suarez, brand him a racist and 'get on with it'?

I believe from what I have read that the club aren't mental. They have reacted as they have for a very good reason. I have also read a lot of shite from reporters from various sources.

We not allowed to debate, discuss and try and learn something then? You saying we should all just sit back and take it and let the wankers say what the fuck they want with absolutely no comeback? Is that what you are after?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8043 on: December 24, 2011, 07:16:22 pm »
Can I just say thanks to Andy. I've been popping in and out of here all day and on almost every page he's been there trying to educate fuckwits like Third Account (even if they are trolling). Think you should take a time out though mate, seems they will never learn. :butt

My suggestion is go and have a bevvy and enjoy a bit of the Grinch :D
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline Bernard Shakey

• Anny Roader
  • Only Happy When The Club's in Crisis
« Reply #8044 on: December 24, 2011, 07:16:24 pm »
Have you read said persons personal text?
Nope.
"It's a huge honour to wear the number seven at Liverpool. I think about the legends: Dalglish, Keegan... and that Australian guy"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8045 on: December 24, 2011, 07:17:40 pm »
Can I just say thanks to Andy. I've been popping in and out of here all day and on almost every page he's been there trying to educate fuckwits like Third Account (even if they are trolling). Think you should take a time out though mate, seems they will never learn. :butt

My suggestion is go and have a bevvy and enjoy a bit of the Grinch :D

Watching a Christmas film with the missus once I've finished my steak :)

I'll leave them to it in a while :)

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #8046 on: December 24, 2011, 07:17:47 pm »
If I had nothing else to do but troll a rival forum on Christmas Eve trying to wind everyone up I think I'd end it all.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #8047 on: December 24, 2011, 07:17:50 pm »
Nope.

You should cos clearly they're a prick.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8048 on: December 24, 2011, 07:18:10 pm »
if the club had said nothing, not printed the shirts , if the players hadnt made the statement then the whole of the country and media gobshites would have said GUILTY as charged, we have done all the above and we are wrong for doing it, pull the wagons and trailers in the circle get in the middle if you want to stay and fight if you dont fuck off over the hills and faraway
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Tony Clueless

• Main Stander
  • Ahh so!!
« Reply #8049 on: December 24, 2011, 07:18:30 pm »
You sure about that?

Let me get this straight - you are honestly saying that people in Spain speak the same Spanish as people in South America?

Obviously there are variaitions etc, but the basics are the same.  My milkman was part uruguayan/part spanish etc

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8050 on: December 24, 2011, 07:19:40 pm »
Someone posted something he disagrees with and therefore that person must be a troll.
I think you'll find I have been correct on every occasion. 3 times today in this thread alone, up to yet.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8051 on: December 24, 2011, 07:19:53 pm »
Obviously there are variaitions etc, but the basics are the same.  My milkman was part uruguayan/part spanish etc

It's the variations that are important here.

Even between US and UK English there are statements that could be rude in one and nothing in the other.

Online vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8052 on: December 24, 2011, 07:20:56 pm »
The last part of your post makes no difference at all, race relations aren't all hunky dory in many parts of South America as well, and in place like Argentina with huge European populations, early black settlers were victimized as well.

I would love to be enlightened over this. Please tell me more about this. I know Argentina had a Britrish influence for many a year. Did that have any significance into what you are saying?

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8053 on: December 24, 2011, 07:21:53 pm »
If I had nothing else to do but troll a rival forum on Christmas Eve trying to wind everyone up I think I'd end it all.

:lmao at your new name.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Bernard Shakey

• Anny Roader
  • Only Happy When The Club's in Crisis
« Reply #8054 on: December 24, 2011, 07:22:26 pm »
I haven't decided it's anything. I've read the obviously leaked news reports like everyone else in the country.

Is what you are saying is the club and fans should just sell Suarez, brand him a racist and 'get on with it'?

I believe from what I have read that the club aren't mental. They have reacted as they have for a very good reason. I have also read a lot of shite from reporters from various sources.

We not allowed to debate, discuss and try and learn something then? You saying we should all just sit back and take it and let the wankers say what the fuck they want with absolutely no comeback? Is that what you are after?
Of course I dont want him sold or labelled a racist. I really hope he did say 'negrito' and the cultural misunderstanding defence enables him to be exonerated. Problem is (and I'll say it again) is we just aren't sure what he has said but some people going to huge lengths talking about stuff that in the end will have little bearing when the official report comes out. I really really hope the report vindicates the club's actions. I trust they know EXACTLY what was said.
"It's a huge honour to wear the number seven at Liverpool. I think about the legends: Dalglish, Keegan... and that Australian guy"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8055 on: December 24, 2011, 07:22:59 pm »
I would love to be enlightened over this. Please tell me more about this. I know Argentina had a Britrish influence for many a year. Did that have any significance into what you are saying?

Their football team seem happy to use 'Negro' and 'Negrito' as non racial nicknames and seem happy enough to all pose in front of a flag that says "Negro"

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8056 on: December 24, 2011, 07:23:27 pm »
Ugh. My point is the inability for the wider press to even agree on what word has been said by Luis should be reason enough for fans to pause and stop with the speculation and the South American history lessons and wait til there's more transparency. You've pretty much decided its either 'negro' or 'negrito' and are running with it so good luck with that.

Or we could trust the integrity of Liverpool Football Club and especially Kenny Dalglish. There are two possible reasons why we have backed Suarez.

1. We are so tribal that we will defend the indefensible.

2. The Club and especially Kenny have the moral courage and fortitude to stand up and protest against what they see as completely and utterly unjust.

For me it quite simply doesn't matter what was actually said because even though the press, the moral crusaders and the people who wish to take the moral highground have not seen the evidence LFC and Kenny Dalglish have and I trust their integrity implicitly.

Anyone who saw the way Kenny reacted in the aftermath of Hillsborough should know that the man is an absolute colossus whose integrity and willingness to do the right thing is for me beyond question.

If Suarez was a racist and had made racist comments towards Evra his feet wouldn't of touched if anyone doesn't believe that then i think they should be supporting a different side.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8057 on: December 24, 2011, 07:25:26 pm »
Of course I dont want him sold or labelled a racist. I really hope he did say 'negrito' and the cultural misunderstanding defence enables him to be exonerated. Problem is (and I'll say it again) is we just aren't sure what he has said but some people going to huge lengths talking about stuff that in the end will have little bearing when the official report comes out. I really really hope the report vindicates the club's actions. I trust they know EXACTLY what was said.

How would they not know what was said? Their lawyers were there during Suarez's statement.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8058 on: December 24, 2011, 07:26:10 pm »
Everyone that has had a pop at liverpool over the suarez incident has always finished with "they (liverpool) haven't even seen the report yet, so how can they support luis, or the t-shirt etc etc" well neither have they seen a report and the findings in the suarez/evra case, its ridiculous, its like they think they can comment without seeing a report and brand him a racist (which the FA haven't charged him for, they didnt say "luis is a racist, 8 match ban") yet he's getting lablled as one by people who haven't seen the report either, its fucking disgusting. If this gets taken as far as it can and liverpool and luis still dont get anywhere i'm giving the fuck up, because it is in no way absolutely fucking fair.

I hope something really bad happens to everyone concerned, the 3 men on the panel, the QC, fergie, james lawton, mcgrath and everybody who has had there say without the findings being released, disgusting fucking human beings.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 07:28:00 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline Third Account

• Main Stander
« Reply #8059 on: December 24, 2011, 07:29:50 pm »
I think you'll find I have been correct on every occasion. 3 times today in this thread alone, up to yet.

You're dead wrong. I don't get told what to think. You should try it some time. Another at odds I opinion I'll continue to hold is that Robbie Fowler is an immature homophobic dickhead ever since his treatment of Graeme Le Saux. The fact there's still no openly gay footballers says were in the dark ages more than the occasional case of racism.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8060 on: December 24, 2011, 07:32:35 pm »
You're dead wrong. I don't get told what to think. You should try it some time. Another at odds I opinion I'll continue to hold is that Robbie Fowler is an immature homophobic dickhead ever since his treatment of Graeme Le Saux. The fact there's still no openly gay footballers says were in the dark ages more than the occasional case of racism.

Go away dickhead.

Offline hedger

• ows
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8061 on: December 24, 2011, 07:33:50 pm »

Another group who just love to be insulted but lets stick to the topic

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #8062 on: December 24, 2011, 07:34:14 pm »

5 times, mate.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8063 on: December 24, 2011, 07:34:42 pm »
Dont think Suarez said that.

Unless you have a link, I think you're misrememebring.

He said he called Evra what his teammates did.

Some claims were made that he is known as "negrito" amongst teammates  due to his diminutive stature (it's a south asian people known for being vertically challenged, I believe)

Likewise the Hernandez "negrito" quotes (about his former teammate) were found.

I remember reading the "I called him exactly the same thing as his teammates"

I thought that 'Negrito' was in the same article?

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #8064 on: December 24, 2011, 07:35:03 pm »

Going for it in a big way until your ban aren't you?

I see the custom title has changed again. You must be having a scream over on ShiteCafe.....

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8065 on: December 24, 2011, 07:35:06 pm »

What is the fucking point of people like you? Hold the opinion, that's fine. Blab about it on here to get a rise is twattish in the extreme.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline RedBo

• Main Stander
« Reply #8066 on: December 24, 2011, 07:35:13 pm »
Don't know if this has been posted but it's a pretty good article and a couple of decent replys: 
http://www.anfieldroad.com/news/lfc/2011-12-24/5563/ignorance-is-all-too-common.html/

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8067 on: December 24, 2011, 07:36:04 pm »
What is the fucking point of people like you? Hold the opinion, that's fine. Blab about it on here to get a rise is twattish in the extreme.

Don't waste your time. He's another outed Manc.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8068 on: December 24, 2011, 07:37:59 pm »
Don't waste your time. He's another outed Manc.

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. I just don't get the fucking point in trying to start arguments with people on Christmas fucking Eve. I mean, you have to have one utterly pitiful life, don't you?

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8069 on: December 24, 2011, 07:39:08 pm »
Lolz. Anything else you would like to get off your chest?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8070 on: December 24, 2011, 07:40:45 pm »
Right I'm offski.

Merry Christmas to everyone - especially those jolly little souls at Red Cafe glued to this thread.

Online vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8071 on: December 24, 2011, 07:43:34 pm »
I dont know how trustworthy Canal+ claims were.  But, based on those, most people assumed that Evras claim was that Suarez used the n word (ie the 6 letter English word, starting with n, ending with r, and having double g in the middle) 10 times.

LFC (perhaps too hastily for all I know) implied there was no truth at all in that, and called for Evra to be punished.

The supposedly direct quotes from Evra are still the closest that we have to an on the record quote from any of the parties about what was said.

I do not like at all the supposed quotes from Suarez saying that he called Evra what his team mates called him.  But they're the only other on the record comment from a participant (and, of course, we dont know what they lose in translation, and so on).

The discussion about "negrito" appeared a few weeks ago, and we have no evidence that Suarez or LFC put that out there.

The discussion that the word was "negro" not "negrito" seems to have come from Henry Winter (possible LFC links) and Daniel Taylor (out and out Man U reporter, who presumably has no LFC connections at all).

If (and I say IF) MU wanted to put their side of the story into the public domain, then you can understand why they would brief Winter and Taylor.  Taylor who can be relied on to report with absolutely no pro LFC angle.  But Winter who is a well-known name who gives the story more credibility; better yet, his LFC links make it difficult to allege that the leaks are from the MU side.

I aint saying MU leaked.  I am just saying that I find it easier to think of a reason for MU leaking to Winter (as well as Taylor) than I do to think of a reason that LFC would leak to Taylor (as well as Winter).  I also find it hard to believe that Taylor would risk being frozen out of Old Trafford by writing stories which had been drip fed to him by LFC on this particular, highly polarised, issue.

Against all that, the LFC official statement says that Suarez was convicted on Evra's word alone, and implies there was no corroborating evidence.

So until I see an official report saying differently, I am not assuming that Suarez admits any particular word. 

But it seems likely (based on LFC's comments) that whatever word Suarez admitted, the commission found him guilty of something else.

Know what you are saying Jack. Having followed the whole claim and counter claim over this I make a couple of observations. The first, comically, I remember Taylor, in one of his many articles on this matter(well briefed by OT) pontificating that United had kept their counsel over this as directed by the FA, but were, 'privately' furious at Liverpool's profligacy when briefing journo's over the matter. Foot in mouth there!!!

Secondly and more importantly perhaps, the FA must have briefed their London mates, off the record over this, hence the outcry. They could not fail to know that Liverpool were going to kick off over this given the flimsiest of evidence available. Put it out there, see how it flies, like sticking a wet finger in the air to see which way the wind blows.

There is something rotten in the state of Denmark. Maybe It's about time the bins were opened and let's have a look inside. As a club we are still fit and trim from previous pugilistic encounters. We are at our fighting weight with little excess fat like some fighters. Let's have a go I say even if we are fighting above our weight. We've always punched above it anyway.

Offline Third Account

• Main Stander
« Reply #8072 on: December 24, 2011, 07:43:37 pm »
Another group who just love to be insulted but lets stick to the topic

Ten years from now I can imagine a player using the definition of "Queer" that stood in the 1930's as their defence for using it.

Offline Aido LFC

• Thanks Aldo. Messy arse!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #8073 on: December 24, 2011, 07:43:47 pm »
Hahaha a manc on a Liverpool forum on Christmas eve that is fucking hilarious.
The only thing I can see that I have infringed is animal porn - but that was just for amusement - didn't know it was illegal?

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #8074 on: December 24, 2011, 07:44:10 pm »

This is the most idiotic thing I've read about this issue. It's a serious matter and drastic situations call for drastic measures
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8075 on: December 24, 2011, 07:44:28 pm »
Right I'm offski.

Merry Christmas to everyone - especially those jolly little souls at Red Cafe glued to this thread.

Thats the spirit, thinking of the less fortunate at Christmas. 

Merry Christmas to all
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8076 on: December 24, 2011, 07:45:00 pm »
Don't know if this has been posted but it's a pretty good article and a couple of decent replys: 
http://www.anfieldroad.com/news/lfc/2011-12-24/5563/ignorance-is-all-too-common.html/
love the bit about pikeys

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8077 on: December 24, 2011, 07:45:59 pm »
Right I'm offski.

Ha ha. The owner of Redcafe must love that Rawk thread. 750,000 views in 6MONTHS! Advertising GOLD!

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8078 on: December 24, 2011, 07:47:16 pm »
Ten years from now I can imagine a player using the definition of "Queer" that stood in the 1930's as their defence for using it.

Or 2 months from now a player a player being banned for the season for saying "thats a queer decision ref"
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8079 on: December 24, 2011, 07:50:21 pm »

Your'e getting your arse handed to you here. I think the term is pwned?  ;)