Author Topic: Luis Suarez - FA guilty charge and LFC Statement (*)  (Read 891979 times)

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
Re: Luis Suarez - FA guilty charge and LFC Statement (*)
« Reply #8120 on: December 24, 2011, 09:43:34 pm »
So let me get this straight.

You think the fact that Liverpool Football Club, its manager and players standing strongly behind a player they believe has been persecuted and wrongly labelled a racist is embarassing?

You would rather they sit back, see the newspaper headlines yelling RACIST, hear the crowds screaming abuse at one of our players and just bow their heads and do nothing.

As far as I am concerned, if they had taken that course of action it would have been embarassing, in fact it would have been disgraceful.

This is a ridiculous statement.  I got some t shirts printed for Christmas - was that wrong?  Should I have been told by the shop that they only deal with natural disasters?  The players obviously feel deeply that what is going on at the moment is wrong.  Their statement and show of support couldn't have made that plainer, and if people want to throw their hands up in horror over that, I would suggest that they are pandering to the newspaper headline writers and TalkSport journo's rather than examing the events of the past few weeks.

Ok, lets have a look at what has happened, and the punishment meted out.

As far as I am concerned Suarez has been made a scapegoat and is paying the price for a series of events that have built up together.

**  England get badly mauled at the World Cup bidding and accusations about illegality in the bidding process are made that cause great embarrassment and trouble for Sepp    Blatter and his cronies.

The FA oppose Blatters re-election.

**     Suarez hits the Prem and teams find him a nuiscance.

Ferguson labels him a diver,  TalkSport devote a programme to debate 'Is Louis Suarez the dirtiest player in the Prem, some no mark goalie calls him a diver.

**     Suarez starts to get the wrong end of decisions in games, and little if any protection from referees.

**     Blatter makes a comment about how racist remarks on the pitch should be dealt with by a handshake, causes fury (mainly in this country) and is forced to apologise.

**     Evra makes a post match complaint about Suarez making a racist remark, and the FA investigate.

They do not subsequently investigate or punish Evra for using a pejorative word even though he admitted the offence.

**     The FA hand out an unprecendented ban and fine, to make Blatter and his cohorts see how this sort of offence should be handled, a great excuse for some more FIFA    bashing.

**     Daily Mirror has a bold banner headline saying simply RACIST. Talksport spend days focussing on pulling one of our players to bits, while every time he now sets foot on the pitch he is subjected to boos and abuse.

**     John Terry (subject of a Police investigation into racist comments) plays and gets the following headline in the papers -"John Terry a heroic Leader", "The caring side of John Terry" (picture of him with a black baby).

**     Even if found guilty in a Court of law, Terry can  not  be awarded a ban for 8 games, or a £40,000 fine.  Instead, he can be given a maximum fine of £2500.  A bit of a difference there isn't there?

and despite ALL of this you think the club should have sat back, accepted what the FA have done without any protest or sign of discontent?

You say that Liverpool fans should make up their own minds about all this, well believe me I have done a lot of reading, a lot of listening, and I have made my mind up.

The treatment of Suarez stinks.  I know it, the players know it, the manager, who I happen to think is a fairly decent chap, knows it and an awful lot of decent Liverpool supporters know it.

Shame you don't feel the same.

Quoted cause it's a belter.

Cheers for that Montysmum.

Who was the no-mark goalie btw?

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #8121 on: December 24, 2011, 09:48:12 pm »

You think the fact that Liverpool Football Club, its manager and players standing strongly behind a player they believe has been persecuted and wrongly labelled a racist is embarassing?

You would rather they sit back, see the newspaper headlines yelling RACIST, hear the crowds screaming abuse at one of our players and just bow their heads and do nothing.

As far as I am concerned, if they had taken that course of action it would have been embarassing, in fact it would have been disgraceful.

This is a ridiculous statement.  I got some t shirts printed for Christmas - was that wrong?  Should I have been told by the shop that they only deal with natural disasters?  The players obviously feel deeply that what is going on at the moment is wrong.  Their statement and show of support couldn't have made that plainer, and if people want to throw their hands up in horror over that, I would suggest that they are pandering to the newspaper headline writers and TalkSport journo's rather than examing the events of the past few weeks.

As far as I am concerned Suarez has been made a scapegoat and is paying the price for a series of events that have built up together.

**  England get badly mauled at the World Cup bidding and accusations about illegality in the bidding process are made that cause great embarrassment and trouble for Sepp    Blatter and his cronies.

Ferguson labels him a diver,  TalkSport devote a programme to debate 'Is Louis Suarez the dirtiest player in the Prem, some no mark goalie calls him a diver.

**     Suarez starts to get the wrong end of decisions in games, and little if any protection from referees.

**     Blatter makes a comment about how racist remarks on the pitch should be dealt with by a handshake, causes fury (mainly in this country) and is forced to apologise.

**     Evra makes a post match complaint about Suarez making a racist remark, and the FA investigate.

They do not subsequently investigate or punish Evra for using a pejorative word even though he admitted the offence.

**     The FA hand out an unprecendented ban and fine, to make Blatter and his cohorts see how this sort of offence should be handled, a great excuse for some more FIFA    bashing.

**     Daily Mirror has a bold banner headline saying simply RACIST. Talksport spend days focussing on pulling one of our players to bits, while every time he now sets foot on the pitch he is subjected to boos and abuse.

**     John Terry (subject of a Police investigation into racist comments) plays and gets the following headline in the papers -"John Terry a heroic Leader", "The caring side of John Terry" (picture of him with a black baby).

**     Even if found guilty in a Court of law, Terry can  not  be awarded a ban for 8 games, or a £40,000 fine.  Instead, he can be given a maximum fine of £2500.  A bit of a difference there isn't there?

and despite ALL of this you think the club should have sat back, accepted what the FA have done without any protest or sign of discontent?

You say that Liverpool fans should make up their own minds about all this, well believe me I have done a lot of reading, a lot of listening, and I have made my mind up.

The treatment of Suarez stinks.  I know it, the players know it, the manager, who I happen to think is a fairly decent chap, knows it and an awful lot of decent Liverpool supporters know it.

xmas cracker of a post. 

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
  • We must all at least Tri
« Reply #8122 on: December 24, 2011, 09:54:08 pm »
Can I just say thanks to Andy. I've been popping in and out of here all day and on almost every page he's been there trying to educate fuckwits like Third Account (even if they are trolling). Think you should take a time out though mate, seems they will never learn. :but

My suggestion is go and have a bevvy and enjoy a bit of the Grinch :D
[/quotExcactly my sentiments!

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8123 on: December 24, 2011, 09:55:14 pm »

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8124 on: December 24, 2011, 09:57:58 pm »
Great post by montysmum although I would expect Terry will get at least a similar ban and fine to Luis if he is found guilty in a court of law.

He will also have a criminal record.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #8125 on: December 24, 2011, 10:02:32 pm »

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8126 on: December 24, 2011, 10:07:56 pm »
I am delighted that Sir Alex spoke on the matter to "tell it how it is". Interesting nobody including the FA are remotely concerned with Evra.

The whole thing from start to finish has been one-sided. What would be a real killer is if we appeal and LFC fails in the appeal and his 8 eight game ban gets extended!

You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline reddd10

• Legacy Fan

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #8128 on: December 24, 2011, 10:08:51 pm »
You're spot on. We've embarrassed ourselves big time on this issue. I couldn't believe the club printed t-shirt. When you think what that gesture is usually reserved for, global emergencies, serious tragedies, the urgent support of charities and for and to go ahead with the idea. Those people clearly didn't think it through. Face the music and accept the punishment so we can move on. Only more damage is being caused as far as I'm concerned. "Fans" are too willing to accept the stance the club has choosen rather than make their own minds up. This isn't not a case of I disagree with a formation or team sheet it's a something you should be forming your own opinion of.

F
A
K

O
F
F

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #8129 on: December 24, 2011, 10:09:57 pm »
Great post by montysmum although I would expect Terry will get at least a similar ban and fine to Luis if he is found guilty in a court of law.

He will also have a criminal record.

Why? Would this not represent being punished twice for the same crime?
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8130 on: December 24, 2011, 10:10:21 pm »
Or we could trust the integrity of Liverpool Football Club and especially Kenny Dalglish. There are two possible reasons why we have backed Suarez.

1. We are so tribal that we will defend the indefensible.

2. The Club and especially Kenny have the moral courage and fortitude to stand up and protest against what they see as completely and utterly unjust.

For me it quite simply doesn't matter what was actually said because even though the press, the moral crusaders and the people who wish to take the moral highground have not seen the evidence LFC and Kenny Dalglish have and I trust their integrity implicitly.

Anyone who saw the way Kenny reacted in the aftermath of Hillsborough should know that the man is an absolute colossus whose integrity and willingness to do the right thing is for me beyond question.

If Suarez was a racist and had made racist comments towards Evra his feet wouldn't of touched if anyone doesn't believe that then i think they should be supporting a different side.

Some great posts tonight. But I keep on coming back to this.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8131 on: December 24, 2011, 10:12:56 pm »
F
A
K

O
F
F

Hear hear. If you can't understand the stance that the team has taken in support of their player and the vim and vigor behind it - then I question you as a true supporter.

Offline Kopite72

• Kopite
« Reply #8132 on: December 24, 2011, 10:13:26 pm »
Any more fucktard Mancs want outing?

Still can't believe the inbred milltown rats over on redcafe are soooooo fucking obsessed with us.

"Nah we're not obsessed...honest...even though we sing about Scousers every single game, irrespective of who we are playing against....nah not us"
"Nah we're not obsessed...honest...even though we have a thread on our website dedicated exclusively to a Liverpool site".

No sense of humour...no sense of irony, and shit for brains. Who'd be a fucking Manc?

FUCK OFF c*nts....go wrap yourselves in yer Norwich City scarves eh? How goes it with the Glazers by the way?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 10:15:55 pm by Kopite72 »

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #8133 on: December 24, 2011, 10:13:57 pm »

Well said! The voice of reason. Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the shenanigans too.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8134 on: December 24, 2011, 10:19:36 pm »
Read what you've posted - have you done any research or information gathering on the background of what could have been said (Given several media sources)? Have you added anything?

I've read avidly on it from blogs to newspapers.  I wasn't aware that my posts had to be Harvard referenced!  As to my contribution; I've added as much as those who have done little more than adopt the position of hysterical partisans who have done just what the media are doing - draw conclusion without fact. Surely we can all see some hypocrisy in that?

Or have you just come on here to be smug, condescending and basically worthless?

Now there's a smug and condescending comment.  My contribution to the 'argument' was to offer perspective. Do contrary opinions qualify as condescending and worthless?

If you are against 'assumption' and waiting unless all the facts be known then why even bother coming into the thread?

To do some research, find out more about the case.  Instead you must wade through a plethora of  fanatical hand-wringing based on assumption.  And should anyone dare question this they're attacked with equal ferocity.

What have you added? What are your aims? What are your goals? Or are you just here to be petty and obtuse?

My goals are to find out more about the case before drawing conclusions.  I've read as much about this case as most other fans and am yet to find anything concrete on which to base a conclusion. I've read compelling and interesting articles on both sides of the divide rather than automatically throw everything into a for and against pile.  I am being neither being petty or obtuse but merely urging tact and caution. The most hysterical of the responses have ranged from breakaway leagues to boycotting the FA Cup.  If I'm being honest (and neither petty nor obtuse) I find that embarrassing. 

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8135 on: December 24, 2011, 10:19:38 pm »
Any more fucktard Mancs want outing?

Still can't believe the inbred milltown rats over on redcafe are soooooo fucking obsessed with us.

"Nah we're not obsessed...honest...even though we sing about Scousers every single game, irrespective of who we are playing against....nah not us"
"Nah we're not obsessed...honest...even though we have a thread on our website dedicated exclusively to a Liverpool site".

No sense of humour...no sense of irony, and shit for brains. Who'd be a fucking Manc?

FUCK OFF c*nts....go wrap yourselves in yer Norwich City scarves eh? How goes it with the Glazers by the way?
Off topic, I know,  but who gives a shit, our mods are all pissed in the staff room.
That 5th European Cup really wrecked their heads. They still havent got their heads around it! Fucking love it!
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8136 on: December 24, 2011, 10:24:18 pm »
I am delighted that Mr Ferguson spoke on the matter to "tell it how it is". Interesting nobody including the FA are remotely concerned with Evra.

Ultimately I think we are are going to have to accept a ban for Luis.

However, I want the club to release a full considered statement expressing our outrage at the slander that the FA has perpetrated on our African-Uruguayan player at the slander of 'racism' that has been laid at his door, I want a full exposition of Evra accounted by our club, so that this hysterical runt has nowhere left to squeal, and I want a reference to Alex Ferguson and his exculpation of Schmeichel vis a vis Ian Wrights accusations laid out in full amongst a litany of other shite -------- I want a restatement of Liverpool's anti racism crediantials to the maximum, and I want to take every fucker involved in this stitch up in the media, from the Guardian to the redneck Daily Star from every form of media to be stored up for posterity's sake. They shall be reminded.

Once our club makes an audit of all this shit, I want them to fuck every media voice that slandered Luis and LFC to be forever a leper to us, then I want us to concentrate on assembling a squad that can win the league, and bringing in players to achieve that end, augmenting a squad that includes the outrageous and brilliant talent of Luis Suarez, our genius African-Uruguyan forward.

We are going to have to swallow this, I reckon. Lets start with the next step, which shall include repudiation of these bandwagon jumping hysterics. For this season and beyond.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8137 on: December 24, 2011, 10:24:49 pm »
I've read avidly on it from blogs to newspapers.  I wasn't aware that my posts had to be Harvard referenced!  As to my contribution; I've added as much as those who have done little more than adopt the position of hysterical partisans who have done just what the media are doing - draw conclusion without fact. Surely we can all see some hypocrisy in that?

Now there's a smug and condescending comment.  My contribution to the 'argument' was to offer perspective. Do contrary opinions qualify as condescending and worthless?

To do some research, find out more about the case.  Instead you must wade through a plethora of  fanatical hand-wringing based on assumption.  And should anyone dare question this they're attacked with equal ferocity.

My goals are to find out more about the case before drawing conclusions.  I've read as much about this case as most other fans and am yet to find anything concrete on which to base a conclusion. I've read compelling and interesting articles on both sides of the divide rather than automatically throw everything into a for and against pile.  I am being neither being petty or obtuse but merely urging tact and caution. The most hysterical of the responses have ranged from breakaway leagues to boycotting the FA Cup.  If I'm being honest (and neither petty nor obtuse) I find that embarrassing. 
And still , you bring nothing to the table.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8138 on: December 24, 2011, 10:26:32 pm »
And what's been your contribution???

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8139 on: December 24, 2011, 10:28:09 pm »
And what's been your contribution???
Do you bother reading other peoples posts?

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8140 on: December 24, 2011, 10:32:40 pm »
absolutely.  I responded to one or two of yours before.  What the hell is this?  Point scoring???  If every post on RAWK had to be 'worthy' it would be a very lonely place let's face it.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8141 on: December 24, 2011, 10:37:29 pm »
absolutely.  I responded to one or two of yours before.  What the hell is this?  Point scoring???  If every post on RAWK had to be 'worthy' it would be a very lonely place let's face it.
Chillax, comrade. What do you want to know about the current situation?

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8142 on: December 24, 2011, 10:38:17 pm »

Yes but there's no problem with that.

For example in a lot of cases if someone was found guilty of a racism offence like Terry is facing they would also lose there job.

There is no way that will happen to Terry as footballers are treated differently but in most cases you'd be sacked if you're a convicted racist.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8143 on: December 24, 2011, 10:38:24 pm »
For a start as well, after whatever medicine Luis swallows, I want legal action against any c*nt newspaper that references our African-Uruguyan forward as a racist, starting from the Daily Mirror if necessary.

Lets take the ban - we can call the FA out on it consistently and never stop mentioning it - if they want to take an issue with it, we can suck up their fine for 'bringing the game into disrepute' - slap the fine into their faces in cash if thats what they want to do - I mean that literally, slap the cash - 20, fifty pound notes in the fat face of the fact c*nt from Tumbridge Wells FA that they have on the panel. Let them charge us with disrepute - it will give us an opportunity to front them up in tribunal and if possible elsewhere.

Force the FA to speak our against persecution of Luis when the sub-human shit-eating c*nts of our opponents call him a racist - keep mentioning Evra over and again to expose his name eternally - if there is anything we can do that is relevant, keep mentioning Alex Ferguson's name and his defence of Peter Schmeichel eternally - don't take any shit - do it through the LFC website if nessecary, always, always, always, defend our man, and support all anti-racist efforts on behalf of Liverpool FC, which stands against all racism and prejudice eternally.

Lets cut our losses, take that ban, qualify for the champions league, and confront long term every person in media or football institution that slandered Luis on this matter. Box clever - live and prosper.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8144 on: December 24, 2011, 10:42:38 pm »
For a start as well, after whatever medicine Luis swallows, I want legal action against any c*nt newspaper that references our African-Uruguyan forward as a racist, starting from the Daily Mirror if necessary.

Lets take the ban - we can call the FA out on it consistently and never stop mentioning it - if they want to take an issue with it, we can suck up their fine for 'bringing the game into disrepute' - slap the fine into their faces in cash if thats what they want to do - I mean that literally, slap the cash - 20, fifty pound notes in the fat face of the fact c*nt from Tumbridge Wells FA that they have on the panel. Let them charge us with disrepute - it will give us an opportunity to front them up in tribunal and if possible elsewhere.

Force the FA to speak our against persecution of Luis when the sub-human shit-eating c*nts of our opponents call him a racist - keep mentioning Evra over and again to expose his name eternally - if there is anything we can do that is relevant, keep mentioning Alex Ferguson's name and his defence of Peter Schmeichel eternally - don't take any shit - do it through the LFC website if nessecary, always, always, always, defend our man, and support all anti-racist efforts on behalf of Liverpool FC, which stands against all racism and prejudice eternally.

Lets cut our losses, take that ban, qualify for the champions league, and confront long term every person in media or football institution that slandered Luis on this matter. Box clever - live and prosper.

Or just tell them, nah, we're not going to take it. You're move, suckers.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8145 on: December 24, 2011, 10:43:07 pm »
Chillax, comrade. What do you want to know about the current situation?

1.  Exactly what Suarez said
2.  Exactly what Evra said

>200 pages in and we still don't know exactly this.  The tabloids have been disgusting in their assassination based on several assumptions.  We should be and are better than that.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8146 on: December 24, 2011, 10:46:08 pm »
I would assume that all RAWKites have reported the Mirror to the Press Complaints commission?  The 'Racist' headline contravenes their guidelines by being 'misleading.'

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8147 on: December 24, 2011, 10:47:41 pm »
For example in a lot of cases if someone was found guilty of a racism offence like Terry is facing they would also lose there job.

Have you thought about why the FA has not referred Luis to the CPS on charges of racism? I have. The reason why nobody has done so, is because under the criminal code, the charges and evidence wouldn't even last 30 seconds before a magistrate. Its only under Kangaroo FA court conditions that this pre-ordained evidential idiocy passes muster. The whole thing is a farce, in fact, its beyond a farce.

I think we should cut our losses, re-double our commitment to all anti-racist efforts, and prepare to take scalps whilst Luis sits out his exclusion now and in the future. Never forget, never forgive. And lets build a team to win the league, is what I'm saying, and deal with this shit (including articles by journalists stored in our library) over the coming season and seasons beyond.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8148 on: December 24, 2011, 10:51:07 pm »
Terry will face FA charges but not until after the Criminal case concludes - an FA verdict could be seen to influence any trial.  Its pretty standard.  If Terry is criminally prosecuted there is no way the FA will let him off.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8149 on: December 24, 2011, 10:52:31 pm »
Have you thought about why the FA has not referred Luis to the CPS on charges of racism? I have. The reason why nobody has done so, is because under the criminal code, the charges and evidence wouldn't even last 30 seconds before a magistrate. Its only under Kangaroo FA court conditions that this pre-ordained evidential idiocy passes muster. The whole thing is a farce, in fact, its beyond a farce.

THIS!!!!

Offline 81a

• From Speke to Bootle via Broad Green. All aboard!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8150 on: December 24, 2011, 10:52:54 pm »
after gordon taylor intervened on behalf of both players to ensure no action was taken......interesting how his stance is not the same this time around

Mr. Ferguson was last night caught up in the News of the World phone tapping claims.

The Manchester United boss’s mobile phone messages to players’ union chief Gordon Taylor were recorded by a private investigator working for the newspaper, it was claimed.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #8151 on: December 24, 2011, 10:54:33 pm »

id have thought being charged and convicted in a court of law , would be even more reason to be dealt with by the FA
bringing the game into disrepute, breaking the game rules etc etc.

Infact{and i may eb wrng here} when Duncan Ferguson butted the player in scotland and was charged , convicted  and sent to jail{iirc} wasnt he also banned for 12 games?
JFT 96

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8152 on: December 24, 2011, 10:55:03 pm »
Terry will face FA charges but not until after the Criminal case concludes

Only if he is convicted.

If not, the FA will let it slide - in Luis they have their Aztec sacrifice.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #8153 on: December 24, 2011, 10:56:16 pm »
I would assume that all RAWKites have reported the Mirror to the Press Complaints commission?  The 'Racist' headline contravenes their guidelines by being 'misleading.'

Yes this should be complained about. Using a racist term and being a racist are very different animals.

Complain here?

http://www.pcc.org.uk/complaints/form.html
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 10:58:37 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8154 on: December 24, 2011, 10:57:10 pm »
I would think that Luis's lawyers would be on it. Racist?
 Just as Evra's should  be on our statement (Redcafe legal experts reckon we havent a leg to stand on. I reckon he wouldnt dare)

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #8155 on: December 24, 2011, 10:58:21 pm »
Yes this should be complained about. Using a racist term and being a racist are very different animals.

What racist term?

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8156 on: December 24, 2011, 10:58:57 pm »
Have you thought about why the FA has not referred Luis to the CPS on charges of racism?

The FA didn't refer Terry either though.  I can't remember a case were they've ever referred a player to the CPS off the top of my head but they do co-operate with the police.

Offline Baz Smythe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8157 on: December 24, 2011, 11:06:23 pm »

Bloody well said. You deserve a damn good Christmas my friend.
Follow me on twitter.

https://twitter.com/1chrissmith1

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8158 on: December 24, 2011, 11:06:58 pm »

I think our club needs to look beyond this, we have been stitched up. I think we need to swallow the ban, and then be aggressive in defending Luis, even to the extent of calling out the FA for their piece of shit evidential stitch up process, and naming names of journalists who slided with it, and calling out Evra in specific and very palpable terms, including if necessary positive calls for him to be prosecuted by the FA if (I repeat only IF) it is the case he ethnically abused Luis, and also, I want the official LFC site to reference Alex Ferguson and his defence of Schmeicel post Ian Wright racism incident as a counterpoint.

What are they going to do? Fine us? Good, pay the fine then repeat the statements. Lets use our clout to use our gutting knife to cut under their skin. Lets give them a fight if thats what they want.

At the same time, I want our club to quadruple its commitment to anti-racism in all forms, and I want us to make any media outlet that slanders Luis as a racist to pay for it. And I want to force the FA to make public statements saying that Luis is not a racist and if they don't do so I want to take them to law to force them to do so. And I want Gordon Taylor and the PFA to make public statements in defence of Luis, and to condemn any abuse from anyone and any fans that slander him as such - if they fail to do so I want LFC to take them to court and sue them for failing to discharge their duty of care to their own union member, Luis. Lets hold them to account.

Finally, I want the club to be pro-active in terms of online accusations against Luis. Any blogger, tweeter or anyone who calls him a racist, they need to get a letter from our lawyers - no mercy. And last but not least, i want the club to go overtime in all campaigns against racism in all its forms - whether at the match, or online.

Enough is enough. Lets prepare for the next stage. There are more than one ways to skin a cat.

Offline Sandblast

• Kopite
« Reply #8159 on: December 24, 2011, 11:07:31 pm »
What's the chance that this'll end up in the CAS in Lausanne, Switzerland ? A truly neutral court in a truly neutral country & none of this FA Independent Panel bollocks. A truly thorough investigation from the second the first of the alleged ten or twelve insults were made to the last. A proper look at all the provocation & intent.
How many steps will it take for the club to go that far ? I've a feeling that if the club appeal, the appeal will be thrown out & the verdict upheld - the FA wouldn't want to appear to backtrack now, would they ?
" Don't let your heads drop. We're Liverpool. You're playing for Liverpool. Don't forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them. " Rafael Benitez 25th May 2005