Author Topic: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab  (Read 1931668 times)

Offline StigenKeegan

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab
« Reply #21080 on: May 25, 2023, 12:43:52 am »
And it begins...

https://news.sky.com/story/newcastle-united-fc-eyes-sponsorship-deal-with-saudi-events-company-sela-12887474

Strangely what the article fails to mention is that Sela are actually owned by PIF, Newcastle's owners.  ::)

So from 6.5 to 25. I guess one could argue that qualifying for the CL would make them more attractive to sponsors in general. £25m seems perfect; a substantial increase over their previous deal, but still not too close to the real big clubs (and City) to make it too obvious. They need to keep it down to pass the PL test. Once they pass it I'll bet you anything that their sponsorship will go the exact way of Citys. There's no way the PL would contest a sponsor after first accepting them. A little bit more "success" and then a huge hike in the value of the "sponsorship" as the club "becomes more attractive and high profile". Within 5-7 years that deal will be bigger than ours...

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21081 on: May 25, 2023, 01:14:43 am »
So from 6.5 to 25. I guess one could argue that qualifying for the CL would make them more attractive to sponsors in general. £25m seems perfect; a substantial increase over their previous deal, but still not too close to the real big clubs (and City) to make it too obvious. They need to keep it down to pass the PL test. Once they pass it I'll bet you anything that their sponsorship will go the exact way of Citys. There's no way the PL would contest a sponsor after first accepting them. A little bit more "success" and then a huge hike in the value of the "sponsorship" as the club "becomes more attractive and high profile". Within 5-7 years that deal will be bigger than ours...

Next they'll buy out the remaining years on their deal with Castore and sign a huge deal with Nike.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21082 on: May 25, 2023, 03:02:19 am »
And it begins...

https://news.sky.com/story/newcastle-united-fc-eyes-sponsorship-deal-with-saudi-events-company-sela-12887474

Strangely what the article fails to mention is that Sela are actually owned by PIF, Newcastle's owners.  ::)

Well, City are allowed to do it so why can't they ? the Premier League for some reason doesn't want to stop club owners from using the companies they control to fund their clubs

What is funny is that some people think the remaining 18 clubs have power to stop it  :lmao

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #21083 on: May 25, 2023, 05:31:23 am »
Well, City are allowed to do it so why can't they ? the Premier League for some reason doesn't want to stop club owners from using the companies they control to fund their clubs

What is funny is that some people think the remaining 18 clubs have power to stop it  :lmao

I think they will go with a different tactic to City.

Rather than inflate sponsors value, they will just have more of them.

Instead of a 75m shirt sponsor, they will get a 25m shirt sponsor then 2 more 25m sponsors for the corner flags at the training ground

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #21084 on: May 25, 2023, 10:21:23 am »

Instead of a 75m shirt sponsor, they will get a 25m shirt sponsor then 2 more 25m sponsors for the corner flags at the training ground

There's a lot of vagueness around sponsorship. I mean how much media exposure (and how relevant to their business) was USM's sponsorship of a training ground to the tune of £30m. It's all ripe for exploitation.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21085 on: May 25, 2023, 12:54:37 pm »

Yeah, this is my feeling. Everything will be sponsored, they’ll have ‘official partnerships’ for everything you can imagine - official real estate partners, official oral hygiene partners, official dog food partners… they’ll have it all.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #21086 on: May 25, 2023, 02:38:40 pm »
^
They'll probably rope in Wilkinson Sword as head-lopping partners.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21087 on: May 25, 2023, 02:45:36 pm »
^
They'll probably rope in Wilkinson Sword as head-lopping partners.

Shirt sponsors make up a large percentage of every club's commercial income. They are not likely to earn a lot in other areas but "they are buying the league. In the medium term, I see them as a fixture in the top 6 because they won't slack when they have margin for improvement like a Spurs or even us.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21088 on: May 25, 2023, 03:51:30 pm »

Shirt sponsors make up a large percentage of every club's commercial income. They are not likely to earn a lot in other areas but "they are buying the league. In the medium term, I see them as a fixture in the top 6 because they won't slack when they have margin for improvement like a Spurs or even us.

How tall are you ?  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21089 on: May 25, 2023, 04:37:39 pm »

How tall are you ?  ;D
A bit🙂

If we do our job, we won't be worrying about these in the medium term. We have a better team(better base), a better manager and we earn more which is more important with the new restrictions coming in. In the next 4-5 years, they'll only finish above us if we take our eyes off the ball. Nobody should get carried away by one season where some top teams were below their normal level and one where Newcastle were playing one game a week (unlikely going forward).

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #21090 on: May 25, 2023, 05:08:17 pm »
A bit🙂

If we do our job, we won't be worrying about these in the medium term. We have a better team(better base), a better manager and we earn more which is more important with the new restrictions coming in. In the next 4-5 years, they'll only finish above us if we take our eyes off the ball. Nobody should get carried away by one season where some top teams were below their normal level and one where Newcastle were playing one game a week (unlikely going forward).

You and I agree on this. Time will tell if we're right.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21091 on: May 25, 2023, 05:42:12 pm »
If the case against the Cheats goes how we want it to go and harshly then that will restrict Saudi FC considerably.

This should have been done in 2014 when the corrupt charlatan Infantino gave £8 million  fines to the Cheats and PSG for their 1st FFP violations, he could clipped their wings but both clubs saw it as pushing the financial doping further, and Infantino used that lack of punishment for his FIFA ambitions getting votes from the ME for his FIFA run as President.

PL has a chance to save Football here, if they win this case and hopefully it forces these despotic regimes out of our game when their bloodsoaked stolen oil proceeds for their sportswashing purposes will be restricted.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 05:44:21 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21092 on: May 25, 2023, 07:12:57 pm »
If the case against the Cheats goes how we want it to go and harshly then that will restrict Saudi FC considerably.

This should have been done in 2014 when the corrupt charlatan Infantino gave £8 million  fines to the Cheats and PSG for their 1st FFP violations, he could clipped their wings but both clubs saw it as pushing the financial doping further, and Infantino used that lack of punishment for his FIFA ambitions getting votes from the ME for his FIFA run as President.

PL has a chance to save Football here, if they win this case and hopefully it forces these despotic regimes out of our game when their bloodsoaked stolen oil proceeds for their sportswashing purposes will be restricted.

If the Premier League had any intention of punishing Man City, they would have done it already. They are waiting for them to win the Champions League, and once that happens, any minimal chance of a punishment will disappear. The PL, UEFA, Abu Dhabi, Qatar and Saudi Arabia are all in this together ...

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #21093 on: May 26, 2023, 08:31:49 pm »
If the Premier League had any intention of punishing Man City, they would have done it already. They are waiting for them to win the Champions League, and once that happens, any minimal chance of a punishment will disappear. The PL, UEFA, Abu Dhabi, Qatar and Saudi Arabia are all in this together ...
You don't settle 115 charges in 3 months ffs.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21094 on: May 26, 2023, 09:31:12 pm »
You don't settle 115 charges in 3 months ffs.
;D Although some are saying this should be done quickly. It's unlikely isn't it? This could go on for years?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21095 on: May 26, 2023, 09:45:31 pm »
Going by how long the Toney case went on, I reckon this won't be resolve for at least another two years. By which time, they'll have to investigate this lot as they are already up to their dodgy tricks.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #21096 on: May 26, 2023, 09:56:33 pm »
;D Although some are saying this should be done quickly. It's unlikely isn't it? This could go on for years?

And i think other organisations might even start looking into them too wasn't there a rumour HMRC might be
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21097 on: May 26, 2023, 10:02:00 pm »
Why would anyone think that a despotic regime would take over a club and not cheat?

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #21098 on: May 26, 2023, 10:05:02 pm »

They do, but why would they, its driving up the price of their assets
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #21099 on: May 26, 2023, 10:07:51 pm »

As usual Peter you speak with absolute certainty about things you haven't got a clue about.

The Premier League has been attempting to punish City for the last 4 and a half years.

https://hsfnotes.com/arbitration/2021/08/31/english-high-court-rejects-challenges-brought-under-s67-and-68-of-the-english-arbitration-act/

Background

In December 2018, the Premier League (PL) commenced a disciplinary investigation into Manchester City Football Club (MCFC) after confidential documents obtained from a hack of the club’s servers suggested potential breaches of the Rules of the PL (Rules) concerning financial fair play.

The PL subsequently commenced an arbitration against MCFC seeking a declaration and/or determination that MCFC was obliged to provide the PL with requested documents and information and an order for specific performance of MCFC’s contractual obligation to deliver up documents and information which were being withheld.

City has obfusticated at every opportunity. Unfortunately for them, it has gone as far as the court of appeal and the judgment has gone against them with them being granted no right to appeal. 

https://hsfnotes.com/arbitration/2021/08/31/english-court-of-appeal-orders-the-publication-of-two-judgments-in-an-arbitration-claim-between-manchester-city-football-club-and-the-premier-league/

In Manchester City Football Club Ltd v Football Association Premier League Ltd and others [2021] EWCA Civ 1110, the English Court of Appeal considered whether to order the publication of a High Court judgment that rejected challenges to an arbitral award under sections 67 and 68 of the English Arbitration Act. Weighing the factors militating in favour of publicity against the desirability of preserving confidentiality, the Court of Appeal determined that here the balance fell clearly in favour of publication.

Background

The background to this matter is covered in our previous blogpost on the High Court judgment here. In this judgment, dated 17 March 2021, the High Court dismissed a challenge brought by Manchester City Football Club (MCFC) against an award made under sections 67 and 68 of the English Arbitration Act (the Merits Judgment).

I think it is clear that the net is closing in on City and probably explains why Ped is looking to distance himself from City's FFP and P&s breaches.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21100 on: May 31, 2023, 08:19:30 am »
FIT AND PROPER!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/may/30/saudi-arabian-woman-detained-over-twitter-and-snapchat-posts-promoting-reform?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Saudi Arabian woman arrested over Twitter and Snapchat posts promoting reform
Manahel al-Otaibi, 29, was held in November on charges including using a hashtag calling for end to male guardianship

A young women’s rights activist in Saudi Arabia has been arrested and imprisoned for having Twitter and Snapchat accounts that embraced recent social reforms but also demanded more fundamental rights inside the kingdom, it has emerged.

Manahel al-Otaibi, a 29-year-old certified fitness instructor and artist who frequently promoted female empowerment on her social media accounts, was arrested in November 2022. Among other charges, Otaibi was accused by Saudi authorities of using a hashtag – translated to #societyisready – to call for an end to male guardianship rules.

Otaibi has not yet been convicted or sentenced and remains in detention. But previous similar cases suggest that public demands for fundamental women’s rights – including inheritance rights, and ability to end a marriage by an abusive husband – have been deemed seditious.

The case marks the latest example of Saudis being arrested and imprisoned for using social media accounts to promote reform or challenge Saudi authorities. Salma al-Shehab, another Saudi woman and former PhD student at Leeds University, was sentenced by a terrorism court to more than three decades in jail for having a Twitter account and following and retweeting dissidents and activists.

Otaibi’s social media accounts portray her as a young and progressive woman who loves fitness, art, yoga, and travel, while also promoting women’s rights.

The kingdom has sought to project an image of a country that has liberalised strict rules governing women, including their dress and ability to work outside the home, as part of a broader campaign to promote the kingdom and tourism. But the government has nevertheless continued to crackdown on Saudi women who call for more basic reforms.

Lina al-Hathloul, a Saudi activist who lives outside the kingdom and is head of monitoring and advocacy for ALQST, a human rights group, said: “Al-Otaibi’s cases are yet another example of Saudi Arabia’s empty promises when it comes to reforms. Saudi women still get imprisoned and face sham trials for demanding their rights, or for merely believing that they are now free to wear what they want.”

Court documents show that in addition to her use of social media, which was reported to authorities by religious police, Otaibi is accused of not wearing “decent” clothes. Fouz al-Otaibi, her sister, was also accused of not wearing decent clothing but was able to flee Saudi Arabia before her arrest. Another sister, Maryam, is a known women’s rights advocate who was detained, held, and eventually released in 2017 for protesting guardianship rules.

Khalid Aljabri, a Saudi expert and frequent commentator on US-Saudi relations, said: “Manahel’s case is an example of the hypocrisy and selective application of draconian laws by the Saudi government that hosts foreign Instagram models to promote tourism by posting pictures in swimsuits but jails Saudi women for posting photos without wearing Abayas.”

The government of Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman has frequently targeted Twitter users as part of a broad campaign of domestic and international repression, which included planting spies inside the company to extract confidential user data about anonymous Twitter accounts that were seen as threatening to the royal family.

At the same time, the prince controls a major indirect stake in Twitter through the kingdom’s sovereign wealth fund, the Public Investment Fund (PIF).

Saudi’s Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, who is one of the richest investors in the world, controls the largest investment in Twitter after Elon Musk, as well as a $250m (£200m) stake in Snapchat, according to previous press accounts.

The Saudi investor has not been seen outside Saudi or the United Arab Emirates since his 2017 arrest and detention at the Ritz Carlton in Riyadh, where wealthy Saudis and members of the royal family were reportedly tortured and shaken down as part of a vast so-called “anti-corruption” purge ordered by the crown prince. Alwaleed denied any maltreatment or torture when he was interviewed by Bloomberg in 2018, weeks after his release, but acknowledged at the time that he had reached an “understanding” with the kingdom that was “confidential and secret between me and the government”.

Snapchat promotes itself as a website where users in Saudi Arabia can be “free to live in the moment and be themselves”, according to a company blog.

“In Saudi Arabia, Snapchatters are championing transparency, reimagining online life as something that feels real, fulfilling, and genuinely fun,” it says. An April 2023 article in Arab News, which is a state sponsored news site in Saudi, describes how Snapchat agreed a recent collaboration with Saudi’s ministry of culture, to help Saudis get “hands-on experience and training in augmented reality”.

Snapchat did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The Guardian’s request for comment from Twitter’s press office received a reply of a poo emoji, which is the company’s automatic response to press inquiries since Musk’s takeover of the company.

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21101 on: May 31, 2023, 08:56:42 am »
To use an insurance fraud analogy, City were banging in huge whiplash claims and that has now largely been identified. This lot will be layering their claims with a variety of inflated costs instead. Death by a thousand paper cuts. A lot rests on the City situation, but given how long that could take, Saudi will have their feet firmly under the table by the time we reach a verdict

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21102 on: May 31, 2023, 06:35:48 pm »
FIT AND PROPER!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/may/30/saudi-arabian-woman-detained-over-twitter-and-snapchat-posts-promoting-reform?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Saudi Arabian woman arrested over Twitter and Snapchat posts promoting reform
Manahel al-Otaibi, 29, was held in November on charges including using a hashtag calling for end to male guardianship

A young women’s rights activist in Saudi Arabia has been arrested and imprisoned for having Twitter and Snapchat accounts that embraced recent social reforms but also demanded more fundamental rights inside the kingdom, it has emerged.

Manahel al-Otaibi, a 29-year-old certified fitness instructor and artist who frequently promoted female empowerment on her social media accounts, was arrested in November 2022. Among other charges, Otaibi was accused by Saudi authorities of using a hashtag – translated to #societyisready – to call for an end to male guardianship rules.

Otaibi has not yet been convicted or sentenced and remains in detention. But previous similar cases suggest that public demands for fundamental women’s rights – including inheritance rights, and ability to end a marriage by an abusive husband – have been deemed seditious.

The case marks the latest example of Saudis being arrested and imprisoned for using social media accounts to promote reform or challenge Saudi authorities. Salma al-Shehab, another Saudi woman and former PhD student at Leeds University, was sentenced by a terrorism court to more than three decades in jail for having a Twitter account and following and retweeting dissidents and activists.

Otaibi’s social media accounts portray her as a young and progressive woman who loves fitness, art, yoga, and travel, while also promoting women’s rights.

The kingdom has sought to project an image of a country that has liberalised strict rules governing women, including their dress and ability to work outside the home, as part of a broader campaign to promote the kingdom and tourism. But the government has nevertheless continued to crackdown on Saudi women who call for more basic reforms.

Lina al-Hathloul, a Saudi activist who lives outside the kingdom and is head of monitoring and advocacy for ALQST, a human rights group, said: “Al-Otaibi’s cases are yet another example of Saudi Arabia’s empty promises when it comes to reforms. Saudi women still get imprisoned and face sham trials for demanding their rights, or for merely believing that they are now free to wear what they want.”

Court documents show that in addition to her use of social media, which was reported to authorities by religious police, Otaibi is accused of not wearing “decent” clothes. Fouz al-Otaibi, her sister, was also accused of not wearing decent clothing but was able to flee Saudi Arabia before her arrest. Another sister, Maryam, is a known women’s rights advocate who was detained, held, and eventually released in 2017 for protesting guardianship rules.

Khalid Aljabri, a Saudi expert and frequent commentator on US-Saudi relations, said: “Manahel’s case is an example of the hypocrisy and selective application of draconian laws by the Saudi government that hosts foreign Instagram models to promote tourism by posting pictures in swimsuits but jails Saudi women for posting photos without wearing Abayas.”

The government of Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman has frequently targeted Twitter users as part of a broad campaign of domestic and international repression, which included planting spies inside the company to extract confidential user data about anonymous Twitter accounts that were seen as threatening to the royal family.

At the same time, the prince controls a major indirect stake in Twitter through the kingdom’s sovereign wealth fund, the Public Investment Fund (PIF).

Saudi’s Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, who is one of the richest investors in the world, controls the largest investment in Twitter after Elon Musk, as well as a $250m (£200m) stake in Snapchat, according to previous press accounts.

The Saudi investor has not been seen outside Saudi or the United Arab Emirates since his 2017 arrest and detention at the Ritz Carlton in Riyadh, where wealthy Saudis and members of the royal family were reportedly tortured and shaken down as part of a vast so-called “anti-corruption” purge ordered by the crown prince. Alwaleed denied any maltreatment or torture when he was interviewed by Bloomberg in 2018, weeks after his release, but acknowledged at the time that he had reached an “understanding” with the kingdom that was “confidential and secret between me and the government”.

Snapchat promotes itself as a website where users in Saudi Arabia can be “free to live in the moment and be themselves”, according to a company blog.

“In Saudi Arabia, Snapchatters are championing transparency, reimagining online life as something that feels real, fulfilling, and genuinely fun,” it says. An April 2023 article in Arab News, which is a state sponsored news site in Saudi, describes how Snapchat agreed a recent collaboration with Saudi’s ministry of culture, to help Saudis get “hands-on experience and training in augmented reality”.

Snapchat did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The Guardian’s request for comment from Twitter’s press office received a reply of a poo emoji, which is the company’s automatic response to press inquiries since Musk’s takeover of the company.
‘Their country, their rules’ …said in a thick Geordie accent whilst wearing a tea towel on the head.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #21103 on: May 31, 2023, 06:37:12 pm »
‘Their country, their rules’ …said in a thick Geordie accent whilst wearing a tea towel on the head.

And posted on Elon Musk’s Saudi subsidised Twitter.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #21104 on: May 31, 2023, 06:43:24 pm »
And posted on Elon Musk’s Saudi subsidised Twitter.

Is there anything there not buying into i wonder what there end game is
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21105 on: June 3, 2023, 12:21:56 pm »
Just saw their coefficient. They will be in Pot 3. Won’t be surprised if they are with us in EL by December, fans could enjoy some historic away days though.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #21106 on: June 4, 2023, 01:07:15 pm »
Was reading an article about the Reuben Brothers...

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/jun/03/the-billionaires-have-won-english-pubs-forced-to-close-after-owners-demand-full-rent-for-lockdown

This delightful pair are also apparently part owners of Newcastle. Mike Ashley really trawled the bottom of the moral barrel when he went looking for a sale  >:(

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21107 on: June 4, 2023, 07:36:08 pm »
Is there anything there not buying into i wonder what there end game is

Preparing for a toasted post-oil world. They’re buying power. They’re buying other countries.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21108 on: June 4, 2023, 07:38:11 pm »
These dickheads seriously think they've got a rivalry with us or something. The amount of Newcastle "supporters" recently that are trolling us has gone through the roof.  ;D

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #21109 on: June 4, 2023, 07:45:53 pm »

These dickheads seriously think they've got a rivalry with us or something. The amount of Newcastle "supporters" recently that are trolling us has gone through the roof.  ;D
Their last trophy win, and even that was a two-bob affair.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_Inter-Cities_Fairs_Cup_final#:~:text=The%201969%20Inter%2DCities%20Fairs,tie%206%E2%80%932%20on%20aggregate.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2023, 07:47:47 pm by Terry de Niro »

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #21110 on: June 4, 2023, 08:36:28 pm »

It's like all the other new sports washing enterprises, manufacture a "rivalry" with England's greatest, most successful club

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #21111 on: June 4, 2023, 08:40:04 pm »
Their only rivals are Sunderland. No one else has ever given two hoots about them.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #21112 on: June 5, 2023, 03:41:54 pm »
Just saw their coefficient. They will be in Pot 3. Won’t be surprised if they are with us in EL by December, fans could enjoy some historic away days though.

Can't be arsed with that, hopefully they finish bottom of their group.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #21113 on: June 5, 2023, 04:38:35 pm »

Why they not in pot 4 ???
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #21114 on: June 5, 2023, 04:48:56 pm »

Not sure where the info is from, but pretty sure they will be unles the qualifiers push through clubs that haven’t played in Europe for ages too.

They have no coefficient points, so would be relying on the country coefficient to push them into pot4, through other clubs being in a similar position.

Union Berlin and Lens in a similar position
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21115 on: June 5, 2023, 04:52:38 pm »

They can still be in pot 4 depending on which teams come through the qualifiers. I'd imagine the work of Liverpool over the last 5 years has given them a sufficient ranking to get near the 3rd pot as they haven't played any European football in that time to get any co-efficient points, but I've no idea how it works really so I could be wrong.

4 teams are already confirmed for the 3rd pot, with Real Sociedad, Celtic, and Saudi Arabia waiting on the outcome of the qualifiers to determine whether they get pot 3 or 4.

Newcastle will only be in pot 3 if 1 or 0 clubs with a co-efficient of 21.780 or more qualify. If 2 or more qualify then they'll be pot 4.

You've got the likes of Rangers, PSV, Marseille, Braga and more coming through the qualifying stages.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2023, 04:57:29 pm by Barneylfc∗ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21116 on: June 5, 2023, 04:56:05 pm »
They can still be in pot 4 depending on which teams come through the qualifiers. I'd imagine the work of Liverpool over the last 5 years has given them a sufficient ranking to get near the 3rd pot as they haven't played any European football in that time to get any co-efficient points, but I've no idea how it works really so I could be wrong.

4 teams are already confirmed for the 3rd pot, with Real Sociedad, Celtic, and Saudi Arabia waiting on the outcome of the qualifiers to determine whether they get pot 3 or 4.

Real Sociedad and Celtic both get in before Newcastle though too? So that only leaves 2 spots for Newcastle.

Apparently Newcastle will have a co-efficient ranking of 21.628, basically due to them playing in the PL. That ranks them 76th.
« Last Edit: June 5, 2023, 04:58:10 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21117 on: June 5, 2023, 04:58:59 pm »
Real Sociedad and Celtic both get in before Newcastle though too? So that only leaves 2 spots for Newcastle.

Apparently Newcastle will have a co-efficient ranking of 21.628, basically due to them playing in the PL. That ranks them 76th.

Yeah just added to my post above.

With the teams that are in the qualifiers, I can't see them hanging on to pot 3.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #21118 on: June 5, 2023, 05:15:01 pm »
Ah thanks i just wondered
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #21119 on: June 5, 2023, 06:57:38 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65813662

Their owners have just taken over the top three teams in Saudi Arabia, meaning their owners own Ronaldo, Benzema and looks like they’ll own Messi soon too.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd