Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3339313 times)

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #19480 on: November 16, 2018, 07:53:36 pm »
Canada Moose :lmao :lmao  :'(  :'(

This EPL show is an absolute cracker.
It's enough to make you value the international break.  :D
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #19481 on: November 17, 2018, 10:18:20 am »
Is Robbo permanently off Talking Reds now? Used to love the show and format (going through papers etc) when he was on it. And of course the Everton needle.

TAW are facing the same rotation issue as Klopp. How do you get Neil, Robbo, Gibbo, and Guttman on the mic given all the output, despite a good squad. Nice headache but would like to hear the core gang together on the mic at least once per week.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #19482 on: November 17, 2018, 10:30:15 am »
Is Robbo permanently off Talking Reds now? Used to love the show and format (going through papers etc) when he was on it. And of course the Everton needle.

They need to get him back on Talking Reds soon. Especially with the derby coming up. Love the shit he gives those bluenose mongrels. ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19483 on: November 17, 2018, 03:21:54 pm »
Canada Moose :lmao :lmao  :'(  :'(

Great story.
Poor animal.
;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19484 on: November 17, 2018, 08:29:50 pm »
AFQ. :lmao

Gibbo couldn’t carry the drinks

:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19485 on: November 18, 2018, 01:27:21 am »
The recent mentions of Football Flash have been explained then.  Local fella running it and entering into a marketing agreement with TAW.

I installed the app and noticed the Daily Mail was blocked by default, which was nice, and The S*n isn't an option at all in the sources list.  If possible it would be great if it could filter out stories originating from that rag.  A number of stories pop up from The Mirror or other relatively benign publication, but when you click in they're just running a S*n article.

Wish them well with it.   :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 07:10:27 am by thekitkatshuffler »
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19486 on: November 18, 2018, 09:21:00 am »

Agreed, that was a great listen!

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #19487 on: November 18, 2018, 10:30:05 pm »
It really was.  Sounded like it was going to be a glorious shambles for about thirty seconds, then you realise no, this is the most switched-on thing I’m going to hear today.

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #19488 on: November 19, 2018, 03:57:44 pm »

He was back on it today and on the free show too.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 03:59:30 pm by craiglfc7 »

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19489 on: November 19, 2018, 06:36:37 pm »
Steph still exiled from The Rider though.  This week’s was still good however, they even got me back checking out LCD Soundsystem which I’d sworn was never, ever happening again.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19490 on: November 19, 2018, 07:04:16 pm »
Steph still exiled from The Rider though.  This week’s was still good however, they even got me back checking out LCD Soundsystem which I’d sworn was never, ever happening again.
Thanks for the info.  I'll give it a listen.  :)

Offline tmsneil

• A compere beyond compare
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19491 on: November 19, 2018, 07:17:17 pm »
She's just chocca with work. Back in about 3 weeks when it calms down.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19492 on: November 19, 2018, 07:21:45 pm »
She's just chocca with work. Back in about 3 weeks when it calms down.
Cool, looking forward to it.  Just concentrating on the percussion (and bass) and letting the rest float by was a great tip btw, thanks.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #19493 on: November 19, 2018, 07:27:39 pm »
EPL, AFQ, free show...all three have served me today during a long commute

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19494 on: November 22, 2018, 12:35:12 pm »
Good god, I’d been digging that spotify session but the lyrics to Tonite suddenly jumped out at me and I feel like I’ve been skewered as the quivering, almost-middle-aged mess that it turns out I am.  Now I ... get what the fuss was always all about?  I don’t know, it wasn’t the journey I thought I’d be embarking on, but thanks of a sort I guess.

Loved the Overview btw.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #19495 on: November 22, 2018, 03:36:14 pm »
After my last comment saying I wasn't enjoying the podcast anymore and a lot of people jumping on my back for daring to say that.... I have over last couple of weeks listened to a few more.

A lot of it seems forced humour, repetitive and just dull.

I am sorry that's just my opinion.

Think it would be better if they just did less and focused on content instead of recycling stuff / repeating same conversations on different shows.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19496 on: November 22, 2018, 06:34:33 pm »
After my last comment saying I wasn't enjoying the podcast anymore and a lot of people jumping on my back for daring to say that.... I have over last couple of weeks listened to a few more.

Think it would be better if they just did less and focused on content instead of recycling stuff / repeating same conversations on different shows.

People are of course entitled to opinions. It’s a football show and for that very reason there’s bound to be overlap with some discussions in shows. you can pick and choose what you wish to watch I guess. Solves your issue.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline tmsneil

• A compere beyond compare
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #19497 on: November 23, 2018, 02:40:34 am »

Am editing this because it sounds more terse than intended.

There is something in the nature of what we do that you can't please everyone. What one person thinks another may disagree with quite profoundly about what we do. We produce the content and leave the audience to make their decision. Were it me, as an example, I would listen to Friday Show and either Weekender or Teamtalk. Netflix don't expect you to watch everything. Friday Show, Teamtalk and Weekender all take a lot of man hours to pull off but as the person who leads on getting them done I can say with certainty that not doing one wouldn't lead to either of the others being stronger. All three are consistently exceptionally strong. Is there overlap? Of course. By definition there has to be. But we need to trust the consumer. And if the final choice is that isn't for you that is sound as well.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 12:12:26 pm by tmsneil »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19498 on: November 23, 2018, 03:56:15 am »
Passionate support from Philippa Smallwood on The Friday Show.

"I'm glad our match isn't on TV.  It means I can just go off and do whatever I want while it's on, forget about it, and check the score later".

Enjoying the ride there.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #19499 on: November 23, 2018, 10:07:38 am »

"I'm glad our match isn't on TV.  It means I can just go off and do whatever I want while it's on, forget about it, and check the score later".

Enjoying the ride there.

;D

I don't get people who love football, but seemingly don't love actually watching it.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19500 on: November 23, 2018, 10:18:36 am »

Enjoying the ride there.

Someone needs to tell Philippa about the world of streaming. And microwaves. And cars. Checking the score is as asinine as it gets. Goals. Imagine missing a goal! A bit like a hangover without the night out.

I remember the last game I missed live or watching - Spurs 1-1 away, Milner peno. Was on holiday with a group of friends and was pestered to go to a farm with all our kids. Walked around in a haze, no reception, no 3G. Still feels weird that game, like it didn’t really happen. Like a crazed moon landings conspiracy theorist.

Made as much fuss as possible so it wouldn’t happen again.

“Fancy watching the goats walk around a small field?”
(Pursed lips)”Can’t believe the reds are playing and I’m walking around a farm that stinks of shit drinking instant coffee with UHT milk in. Stick the goats up your arse.”

« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 10:24:09 am by JamesG L4 »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19501 on: November 23, 2018, 02:52:09 pm »
The Weekender is an absolute belter - cheers

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19502 on: November 23, 2018, 03:17:35 pm »
Someone needs to tell Philippa about the world of streaming. And microwaves. And cars. Checking the score is as asinine as it gets. Goals. Imagine missing a goal! A bit like a hangover without the night out.

I remember the last game I missed live or watching - Spurs 1-1 away, Milner peno. Was on holiday with a group of friends and was pestered to go to a farm with all our kids. Walked around in a haze, no reception, no 3G. Still feels weird that game, like it didn’t really happen. Like a crazed moon landings conspiracy theorist.

Made as much fuss as possible so it wouldn’t happen again.

“Fancy watching the goats walk around a small field?”
(Pursed lips)”Can’t believe the reds are playing and I’m walking around a farm that stinks of shit drinking instant coffee with UHT milk in. Stick the goats up your arse.”

I hate having to check the score as I sometimes do when out and about. Remember before smart phones those text services that would text you when a goal went in? Used to shit myself every time I got a text!

Isn’t she the one who wrote a lengthy piece about how she’s not going to the game anymore, which coincidentally was during that shocking season in 2014-15 when we’d signed balotelli and marcovic. Funny how the costs weren’t an issue about 6 months earlier....
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 03:20:01 pm by Jm55 »

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19503 on: November 23, 2018, 04:22:47 pm »
Someone needs to tell Philippa about the world of streaming.

Streaming can do one .

I'd rather not watch it than mess around with streams

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19504 on: November 23, 2018, 04:51:50 pm »
I hate having to check the score as I sometimes do when out and about. Remember before smart phones those text services that would text you when a goal went in? Used to shit myself every time I got a text!

Isn’t she the one who wrote a lengthy piece about how she’s not going to the game anymore, which coincidentally was during that shocking season in 2014-15 when we’d signed balotelli and marcovic. Funny how the costs weren’t an issue about 6 months earlier....

Used to get those. Then you’d wonder why you weren’t getting them when it was a bad 0-0.

I remember trying to make sense of that 4-3 League Cup win at Villa that kicked off late while hammered at a Christmas party. Cost a fortune!

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19505 on: November 23, 2018, 11:31:07 pm »
Streaming can do one .

Rock solid HD streams on paid IPTV services AOTP. Glad the heaving masses can’t do it as they’d disappear in weeks.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #19506 on: November 24, 2018, 07:20:31 am »
Don’t know how anyone ever gets round to listening to the Team Talk?

Once I’ve consumed the Friday Show and Weekender (that’s sometimes a good 2 and a half hours of content, sometimes longer) then it’s pretty much kick off if it’s a Saturday game. And once the match is played it’s not really a show you can go back to like an AFQ, Soup (which I love) or Wildcards.

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #19507 on: November 24, 2018, 12:16:41 pm »
Streaming can do one .

“I’d rather not watch the Reds than...”

Now that attitude can do one.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19508 on: November 24, 2018, 05:16:35 pm »
Rock solid HD streams on paid IPTV services AOTP. Glad the heaving masses can’t do it as they’d disappear in weeks.

Id honestly not get much use out of it. Aside from our away games I watch little sport if any.

“I’d rather not watch the Reds than...”

Now that attitude can do one.

Your attitude can do one.

Offline Big Bamber

• Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #19509 on: November 24, 2018, 06:31:35 pm »
Id honestly not get much use out of it. Aside from our away games I watch little sport if any.

Your attitude can do one.

“No, you are!” 😂

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19510 on: November 24, 2018, 08:03:22 pm »
Looks like the bloke off Terrorhawks

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #19511 on: November 24, 2018, 11:17:41 pm »
The Weekender is an absolute belter - cheers

I can't really get on board with it - seems a bit of an advertorial and a bit all over the place. I'm still not actually sure what FootballFlash does?

TFS, Team Talk and this week's Soup and Filth were all absolute classics of the genre though.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19512 on: November 25, 2018, 10:21:59 am »
Some great shows at the moment, TAW’s got its groove back and it’s a joy to listen to.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19513 on: November 25, 2018, 10:52:51 am »
Some great shows at the moment, TAW’s got its groove back and it’s a joy to listen to.

Maybe I'm wrong but there seems to be more shows with at least two of the core contributors which helps.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19514 on: November 25, 2018, 11:21:09 am »
Maybe I'm wrong but there seems to be more shows with at least two of the core contributors which helps.
Is my feeling too, it does make a difference.

Meanwhile, anyone got any idea what song was playing in the background as The Pink started?  It’s killing me here.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19515 on: November 25, 2018, 02:36:01 pm »
Post match show food sounded good ;D

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19516 on: November 25, 2018, 04:48:48 pm »
Looks like the bloke off Terrorhawks

haha yeah that made me laugh.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19517 on: November 25, 2018, 04:57:20 pm »
Proper Pink that.   A chat in the pub waiting for their tea ;D

Only beaten by a pink recorded in Gutmanns car
W

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19518 on: November 25, 2018, 11:00:45 pm »
Watched the ste Gerrard documentary earlier and my biggest complaint is Neil Atkinsons post Fulham "Gerrard does not take his shirt off and swing it above his head for 4th place" (or words to that effect) didn't make it in
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #19519 on: November 25, 2018, 11:28:13 pm »
Streaming can do one .

Should be fine as long as you remember not to cross the streams.
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.