Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3339343 times)

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #19360 on: November 1, 2018, 11:04:14 am »
Mate, with all the will in the world, a Bar Owner, a DJ and somebody who works in social media, probably won't be as good as 4 full time european football journalist's of 20 years or so.

I was just giving my reason for not listening to it and did say that the show seems designed for someone who only listens to TAW. Also for someone with a passing interest in European Football. The poster above is the type of person I mean and that's good that they are getting updated.

The TAW one is the only one I listened to regularly, so you may be right. I don't feel the need for too much in depth analysis of what's going on in the other leagues, just enough to keep me up to date. The TAW one suits my needs

However, when discussing Premier League games on the Friday Show etc the solicitor, the bar owner, the DJ, the teacher are as good as many of the full time journalists of 20 years. I'd much rather listen to many of the TAW contributors over the likes of Martin Samuel and the Sunday Supplement gang. 

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19361 on: November 1, 2018, 11:23:11 am »
Unwrapped was brilliant. It's a great format and one of my favourite of the occasional shows.

Love how the conversation just goes and Neil's point about alternative universes.

Rodgers goes after Stoke, what happens. You could argue Klopp doesn't want to come straight away in that season. So who do we get?

Looking at the ins and outs that summer... Not entirely sure.

I know before Klopp in the early Europa rounds there was talk of Ancelotti. Including the idiot who sat near me. Not sure what his job movements were at the end of 14/15.

Interesting as I say

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19362 on: November 1, 2018, 12:51:10 pm »
Unwrapped was brilliant. It's a great format and one of my favourite of the occasional shows.

Yeah it was. Think the shows (and the contributors on them) over the last few weeks have been excellent.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19363 on: November 1, 2018, 04:40:23 pm »
A Cup of Tea with George Scott, discussing the foundations of our Red cathedral, was fascinating. I Loved every minute :)

Thoroughly enjoyed Unwrapped as well. Rob's point about what do you say to young supporters is poignant. We were league champions when my lad was born. I've had to adjust my own expectations year-on-year as he's grown up, anticipating.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19364 on: November 1, 2018, 04:44:34 pm »
A Cup of Tea with George Scott, discussing the foundations of our Red cathedral, was fascinating. I Loved every minute :)

Thoroughly enjoyed Unwrapped as well. Rob's point about what do you say to young supporters is poignant. We were league champions when my lad was born. I've had to adjust my own expectations year-on-year as he's grown up, anticipating.

My son didn’t really give a hoot about football until last year. Took him to his first game last November and now he’s hooked. I remember contemplating telling him that life isn’t always this good as he jumped on my back as we went 5 up v Roma! Seeing him in tears watching the final felt awful too but probably helped gave him a brutal reality check that you can’t always win all the time.

I guess you know he’s locked in for life. With him growing up in London I have to make sure I ward off the evil spirits of the new generation of glory hunters!

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #19365 on: November 1, 2018, 06:19:42 pm »
Have to say, Mike Nevin- now that`s a brilliant contributer. Always has something interesting to say and has great knowledge. Always a joy to listen to him.

Put him and Gutmann on a show and it`s pretty much guaranteed a good one.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #19366 on: November 1, 2018, 06:32:21 pm »
I was just giving my reason for not listening to it and did say that the show seems designed for someone who only listens to TAW. Also for someone with a passing interest in European Football. The poster above is the type of person I mean and that's good that they are getting updated.

However, when discussing Premier League games on the Friday Show etc the solicitor, the bar owner, the DJ, the teacher are as good as many of the full time journalists of 20 years. I'd much rather listen to many of the TAW contributors over the likes of Martin Samuel and the Sunday Supplement gang.
I think the tide is slowly turning away from former players holding hegemony over punditry. It bothered me when Colin Murray got shifted from MOTD 2 by (it appeared) the ex players. The being able to comment and operate outside of the parameters of broadcasting and print is what is still refreshing about this and certain other podcasts. I can't be doing with the Guardian one any more, all a bit too smug, still toeing some lines of the parent paper.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19367 on: November 1, 2018, 07:00:04 pm »
Have to say, Mike Nevin- now that`s a brilliant contributer. Always has something interesting to say and has great knowledge. Always a joy to listen to him.

Put him and Gutmann on a show and it`s pretty much guaranteed a good one.

I like him too.

Adam Melia is consistently sound as well. He can stick that on his end of year appraisal.

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19368 on: November 1, 2018, 07:00:06 pm »
WHERE THE FUCK HAS THE RIDER GONE?

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19369 on: November 1, 2018, 07:48:20 pm »
The last one was released on the 26th of October you tart ;D
You sure about that?  Last one I can see on the feed was 11th October.

The TAW website says the same - https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/taw-player-rider/
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19370 on: November 1, 2018, 09:39:01 pm »
You sure about that?  Last one I can see on the feed was 11th October.

The TAW website says the same - https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/taw-player-rider/

Fuck all showing in my Podcast Addict either.

I always have this lingering fear that The Rider is going to get jibbed. Now would be a good time for somebody to reassure me.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #19371 on: November 1, 2018, 10:44:01 pm »
I'm sure I saw a Rider come up in the last week or so. I don't listen to it but seem to remember seeing one fairly recently.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19372 on: November 1, 2018, 10:51:24 pm »
I’ve got a Rider at 22.44 tonight but I’m on the Platinum Package.

Offline Seesay

• Kopite
  • Yes, I say.
« Reply #19373 on: November 1, 2018, 10:55:08 pm »
Steph doesn't do The Rider anymore?
Plum.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #19374 on: November 1, 2018, 11:09:14 pm »
She was on the last one was she not?  It’s pretty much my favourite show nowadays.

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19375 on: November 1, 2018, 11:15:29 pm »
I'm sure I saw a Rider come up in the last week or so. I don't listen to it but seem to remember seeing one fairly recently.

I mean you could trust your memory, or you could trust the official list of episodes.  Up to you.

She was on the last one was she not?  It’s pretty much my favourite show nowadays.
She's not on tonight's new one, but why that means "she doesn't do it anymore" is anyone's guess.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #19376 on: November 2, 2018, 09:27:57 am »

Haven't had the subscription since last summer, so forgot what The Rider was.

Thought you were referencing a dance move.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #19377 on: November 2, 2018, 10:26:14 am »
The 11th was entitled “you want it”, the 26th “Never Seen Sci-Fi” and the one which dropped yesterday “Robynd”.

The 26th one never showed up in my feed on Podcast Addict?

Adam Melia is consistently sound as well. He can stick that on his end of year appraisal.

Pretty much my favourite contributor and the main reason I listen to the Rider

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #19378 on: November 2, 2018, 11:00:07 am »
Love some Adam Melia as well. Been a while he was last on a (free) show I think.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19379 on: November 2, 2018, 12:43:54 pm »

I mean you could trust your memory, or you could trust the official list of episodes.  Up to you.

It's on the official iTunes list for 26th Oct but I dunno what the red E means, may be it's been removed for some reason now.

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19380 on: November 2, 2018, 01:11:43 pm »
Explicit content I think. :D

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #19381 on: November 2, 2018, 01:50:25 pm »
The 26th one never showed up in my feed on Podcast Addict?
No sign of it on my iPhone podcasts app.  Does anybody use a different app?  I can’t get any others to work on it for TAW.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #19382 on: November 2, 2018, 01:55:59 pm »

On the Anfield Wrap? Never!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19383 on: November 2, 2018, 02:32:28 pm »

The pod must have imploded with sweariness then! ;D

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19384 on: November 2, 2018, 02:48:14 pm »
No sign of it on my iPhone podcasts app.  Does anybody use a different app?  I can’t get any others to work on it for TAW.

I use beyond pod. No rider on the 26th for me either

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #19385 on: November 2, 2018, 03:32:36 pm »
I’ve got a Rider at 22.44 tonight but I’m on the Platinum Package.
I used to be on that but upgraded to Platinum+.

All of the usual stuff plus you get to watch a webcam of Gutmann in the shower.

The best £300 I spend a month.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19386 on: November 2, 2018, 03:36:47 pm »

I got the extra special plutonium package you get four lunches a year with your favourite contributor and access to Red Touch Medias box for home games.

Best £8k a month I spend

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #19387 on: November 2, 2018, 04:38:09 pm »
That Arsenal fan on The Friday Show was funny.

Recognises that Liverpool are most dangerous in behind the full-backs which is why he wants their FBs to be fit. But doesn't want Liverpool to attack them through the middle, wants Arsenal to force us wide. And wants Auba to start wide but play in the middle and get within 10-15 yards of Lacazette.

Also wants them to set up defensively but to be attacking. :D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19388 on: November 2, 2018, 04:55:38 pm »

Ah, I just get the free 10 minutes of him at midnight but it’s always very pixelated.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19389 on: November 2, 2018, 05:08:45 pm »
Ah, I just get the free 10 minutes of him at midnight but it’s always very pixelated.
That's just a genetic thing.  He doesn't like people to mention it.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19390 on: November 2, 2018, 05:56:52 pm »
Strong pullover game on today's Preview Show.  :D

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #19391 on: November 3, 2018, 10:53:56 am »
Love how Gareth, Morgan and others at times do their best to hide their smile when it's time to announce Neil and his tactics board.  :D

Like the preview show but I mostly look forward to see Neil's analysis and Robbo's visiting of away grounds. Laughed with this bit

PS: Oh and there were actually some comments on a youtube video asking Gareth why he often wears the same clothes. Bloody hell. It actually bothers them...
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline NotTooXabi12

• NotTooCheery
  • Main Stander
« Reply #19392 on: November 3, 2018, 09:00:33 pm »
absolute state of Ben Johnsons ratings. Christ

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19393 on: November 3, 2018, 09:03:12 pm »

What's wrong with them?
They do seem a bit too generous if that's what you mean.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19394 on: November 3, 2018, 09:06:19 pm »
Fucking hell..

This has blown my mind

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #19395 on: November 3, 2018, 09:09:32 pm »
Fucking hell..

This has blown my mind

Who the hell is that? The green thingy I mean.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline grossagain

• Main Stander
« Reply #19396 on: November 3, 2018, 09:26:23 pm »

4 for Fabinho might seem understandable in isolation, but Ben is on the post match show saying that Fabinho was the first time we had a weakness this season, which is daft. Henderson at Leicester was equally poor, imo.

Also Neil going on about why we didn't take Fabinho off, as if Milner is the image of solidity in a midfield 2.

(Love The Anfield Wrap btw, so feel harsh as this happens to be my first post about the podcast on here).

(Just seen the subs ratings; bit embarrassing how much he wants to Hendo's best mate).
« Last Edit: November 3, 2018, 09:45:26 pm by grossagain »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19397 on: November 3, 2018, 11:00:03 pm »
4 for Fabinho might seem understandable in isolation, but Ben is on the post match show saying that Fabinho was the first time we had a weakness this season, which is daft. Henderson at Leicester was equally poor, imo.

Also Neil going on about why we didn't take Fabinho off, as if Milner is the image of solidity in a midfield 2.

(Love The Anfield Wrap btw, so feel harsh as this happens to be my first post about the podcast on here).

(Just seen the subs ratings; bit embarrassing how much he wants to Hendo's best mate).

So you're saying they're daft because you disagree with how much of a liability Fabinho was?

Grand.

I disagree with you, so stop being daft, I guess.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19398 on: November 3, 2018, 11:13:35 pm »
Who the hell is that? The green thingy I mean.  :D
Not sure if serious....

It’s gunnersaurus.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #19399 on: November 3, 2018, 11:15:35 pm »
Not sure if serious....

It’s gunnersaurus.

Why would I know anything about gunnersaurus, I thought it might be North Bank one of the Arsenal fans.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"